Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga

Rossville, Georgia

1623 Mack Smith Rd
Rossville, Georgia 30741

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $33.00

They really put a lot of care in making this a very good park and the rates are quite good even w/o a discount, for the way the park is set up and maintained, We camped at Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga in a Travel Trailer.

Sunny Open, Some Shade, Covered Forested

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $38.00

Office personnel were great. Nice level gravel pull-thru with mature trees; however, trees were not an issue for maneuvering or for slides. Bath facilities were immaculate and look to be recently renovated. We camped at Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $41.00

This is the second time here in four months. The park was fairly easy to find although the GPS showed it to be at another address on the same road. Check in was quick and easy and the woman at the front was very friendly and helpful. When we booked we were told that we had gotten the last site but it would have a puddle in front of the door. We got to our site and sure enough there was. We were able to work it out for ourselves and as it was just for one night we could live with it. My only question would be....if they know it's a problem...fix it somehow. Again I realize they can't control the weather. Anyway the hookups are conveniently situated and all worked well. WIFI was fantastic. Taking the dogs for a walk was a chore as a lot of the park had huge puddles due to the rain the day before. We actually had the same problem with water the first time we were here. All in all for an overnight stay the park is adequate. We camped at Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $40.00

Cannot recommend to travelers in a 45' coach with tow. Tight turns and short sites. Loose gravel sites. We were assigned 143 upon check in but when we got to the site it was occupied. Pulled into site 140 and called the office and they said "someone's in the wrong spot" go ahead and take 140." This was just an overnight stop for us so we just needed a place to park and take the dogs out and this park provided that. WiFi was okay, cable had wavy reception. I could not find anyplace on their website that had their address???? No directions??? The only place I found an address was on this website. The third party online reservation system cannot be used within 48 hours of arrival so I called for our reservation. I am glad I did because I asked the lady if there were any special instructions to getting there she asked what address I had - the address listed on this website is incorrect! She gave me an address to use instead. Google maps and Rand McNally still could not locate the correct directions. The large sign across Highway 41 reads North Mack Smith Rd. with no indication that if you turn left it becomes South Mack Smith. Upon leaving we started our coach up at 9:15 to pull in the slides and get in travel mode. At 9:35 when I closed the door to leave the lady that was on site 141 had walked to my door. I thought she was going to compliment our coach. She proceeded to tell me that she lived there and did not appreciate that we were running our engine and that we should start our engine and go. I could maybe understand this if it was 6 or 7 am, but after 9 I could have had my generator going in most parks. We camped at Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga in a Motorhome.

140-143was taken

Don't rely on directions or address on their website - there aren't any.

Featured Campgrounds Near Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $39.00

This is my second stay and review for Holiday Travel Park. Reservation was made easily and check-in was a breeze. They had recently cut down some trees around my site and the did a lousy job of cleaning up the site. There were wood chips every where and they clung to your shoes and anything dropped on the ground. My "bad" selection reflects this experience. CG is on the flight path for the local airport. Road noise from I-75 is minimal. We camped at Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $41.00

Commercial park with the all basics, easy check-in, Wi-Fi that works some of the time, cable TV, 50 amp service, sewer, and easy in and out. Only demerit is that sites are very close as normal with commercial parks. It's a trade off depending on what is important to you. All in all, we would stay again. We camped at Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $44.00

We have stayed at this park multiple times and always use when in the area. Nice level site with good utilities. Plenty of space to navigate our 45 ft Super C. Always a great place to stop. We camped at Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $37.00

I wish I could give them a better review, but I cannot. I will list the Pros and the Cons: Pros: Nice staff, big clean swimming pool, big clean laundry facility, big office with many RV supplies. Cons: Very tight spots and roads, LOUD drag race track across the street, no place to comfortable sit in our chairs outside of the RV without being right on top of our neighbor, both of our neighbors looked like they lived there full-time and were not clean, any rain floods site and we had to pump out and hitch up in big puddles of mud, fire ring was too close to use or we would risk burning neighbor, table was nasty and old. I would not pick this site as more than a stop-over to my destination. They really should limit the stays to 14 days to keep out the trashy looking seasonal 'homes'. We camped at Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga in a Travel Trailer.

We went to Cabellas and Costco.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $42.00

Our gravel site was just long enough for our TT and TV (with it parked at an angle) and fairly level. Sites are fairly closely spaced together. There was a tree on the right side of the site which required us to position the TT forward in the site, for the awing to clear the tree. ATT was about 3 bars. Nice playground for the kids and a dog park. Close proximity to I75. 10-15 mins from downtown Chattanooga. Clean restrooms. NOTE: Brainerd Motorsports Park is approx. .9 miles from this park. We heard drag racing from check-in on Saturday until at least 10pm that night. Something to consider if you need to turn in early. I like drag racing just not when trying to sleep. We would otherwise recommend this park but would not come back unless there is no activity at the dragstrip. We camped at Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga in a Travel Trailer.

Dollar General across the street. Several fast food restaurants within 5 min drive. Cracker Barrel is approx. 5 mins from the park.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $44.00

We stay here every time we pass through the area. Easy to get to, clean, good staff & good level pads. We camped at Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $45.00

Make sure you check site to see if you are in a low site with hookups and picnic table submerged in water. Other sites were open but we were relegated to a site that was in standing water. Response from office, "I didn't know it was going to rain." Will not return if in area again. We camped at Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions
RTM

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $41.00

Stayed here two nights. Easy on-off from I-24. Check-in staff was very courteous and informative. Interior roads paved and site is clean packed gravel. Our site FHU PT (148) was spacious semi-shaded. All utilities and cable worked well. There is a dog park with doggy bags provided. Very nice large pool. The laundry room, comfort station are secured with an electronic code and looked spotless (we did not use). Visited Chickamauga National National Military Park and Lookout Incline Railway. If passing through this area again we will stay here. We camped at Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $42.00

This is really a nice campground, very neat and well organized. WiFi is pretty slow (no GIG City internet here), and the dog park is kind of a joke; but it was quiet, the staff were friendly, checkin was easy, nice salt water pool. 10-15 min to get to any of the big Chattanooga attractions. The interior signs street signs are very hard to read at night. They've got newer reflective warning signs, but the street signs themselves are dark and very hard to read with the reflective sign underneath glaring back. We camped at Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga in a Travel Trailer.

Urban Stack for amazing burgers and milkshakes downtown. Maple Biscuit cafe for some excellent biscuits and gravy - proper southern food.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $43.00

Rate includes Good Sam discount, but $3 per day for child. Pool was clean as was the laundry facility. Excellent base for exploring this area. Some sites are spaced slightly more apart - my slide was almost touching the neighbor's picnic table. Not an issue for us, however. We would definitely use this park again. We camped at Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga in a Motorhome.

Longstreet

Chickamauga Battlefield, Lookout Mountain, Tennessee Aquarium, Raccoon Mountain Pumped Storage Facility- 2 full days of exploring!

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $38.00

Good level site (gravel) adequately spaced. Although there is a small dog park that is all gravel, most walked dogs in a large open green belt in the middle of the park. Park is also on a civil war battlefield. Small monument on the grounds. Be sure to ask about satellite access sites if you need it. Lots of trees in the park but we had no trouble with Directv. We did ask at time of making our reservation. We camped at Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga in a Motorhome.

Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park is just a short drive down the road from the park and well worth the trip.

Featured Campgrounds Near Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga

Are you affiliated with Holiday Travel Park of Chattanooga ?