Sunshine RV Park

107 Sunshine Ave
Savannah, Georgia 31405

Longitude: -81.203282475471
  • Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $45.00

Well, this will teach me to always make reservations ahead, and read reviews! After going to the RV park that my husband picked out and finding out it was full, I called 5 more places and they were all full. Finally we found a place just outside Savannah called Sunshine RV Park. An elderly man checked us in and drove us to our spot. I will say this for him, he was nice enough to guide my husband into a back in spot, as he doesn't have much experience with this. He doesn't take plastic, only cash or check. It is $45 per night, no good Sam discount. For 4 nights that is $180. It is quiet here and apparently in a safe place. Another reviewer complained that there were roaches that infested their RV but that was a couple years ago. I hope that problem has been solved!! I went over this morning to check out the laundry room. There is no way on earth I would put my clothes in those dirty stinky washers. They appeared very old, and some actually had slime around the interior! The adjacent bathroom, unisex, was about the filthiest I've ever seen. Very small, broken fixtures, no soap or towels. Now I see why it is not good Sam rated! We have 2 weeks of dirty clothes piled up, so I guess we will be going to a laundromat in town. We camped at Sunshine RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $45.00

Other parks were full when we visited the Savannah area, so we stayed at the Sunshine RV Park. First, one needs to understand the check-in process. The park is in a residential and government area. To check in, you pull up in front of the owner's house - park on the street and walk up to his/her garage which has an "Office" sign on it. When I checked-in, I was not given a map of the park, or any documentation whatsoever. They were, however, very adept at taking my $135 for three nights - which is only accepted by cash or personal check. Then, you drive down the street to another relative's house and are told where to park. The "main" park has a couple of typical loops and is located behind a fence. We were in the auxiliary area, which is a U shaped parking lot with back-in spaces around the outside. They sites here are close together and there is absolutely no shade. The sites in the main park appeared a bit better. This park is fine for a short basic stay. By that I mean, it's safe, relatively clean, and all of the hook-ups work. Don't expect much beyond that. We camped at Sunshine RV Park in a Motorhome.

Unspecified

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $25.00

This is a workers park. Mostly TT housing a younger working crowed on a permanent setups. While the park is kept neat and clean, the Wi-Fi advertised does not work, the bathhouse is a small room of the laundry with one toilet and one shower which is quite dated. My "pull Through" site was until I arrived and then another camper was backed in behind me and we shared the same power pole, me 50 amp him 30 amp. No cable and over the air was very poor. When it rains the area I was in was puddle city. Perimeter sites were more spacious but filled with long termers. I was parked in the "field" where my awning almost touched my neighbor and the guy behind me was so close I could barely walk behind my unit. Stay away from this park unless you are looking for cheap long term parking. We camped at Sunshine RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $40.00

This park is all level with mostly pull-thu's for short time visitors. Owner is very friendly and helpful. Took us to our site. Office is a house about 2 blocks before the park. 50amp/water/sewer all work fine. did not use the wash room, but, did use the laundry. Some long term residents, but their sites where well maintained and clean. This is a great park for seeing the area(Savannah). We would stay here again. we stayed here in a 38ft. motor home-towing. We camped at Sunshine RV Park in a Motorhome.

Put a mat out right away, the sand burrs are every where.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $40.00

We camped 3 nights at Sunshine. We were in pull through section. Mowed grass with some rock in parking area. Water/Electric/Sewer hook ups. It's a no frills park, but exactly what we like to find. We use our own shower / rest rooms in our RV, so we don't care about bath houses. We bring our own fun, so we don't care for amenities etc. The owner is very present and is MOST accommodating. Plenty of room for pull through hauling a trailer. Quiet park, on approach to airport but has minimal air traffic. Fire station a ways off, we heard sirens occasionally, but not disturbing. Would stay here again, and would recommend to others. We thought the $40 cash rate was a bit high, but not out of reason. Good grocery stores nearby and easy access to downtown Savannah. We camped at Sunshine RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $40.00

The owner put us in the "new" part of the park. It consisted of 5 spaces, had cement pads, decent water pressure and good electric service. There is no bathrooms nor showers in this section. It is mainly in an open field. It is a good overnight park. We would stay again only because it is close to all the fun stuff in Savannah. We camped at Sunshine RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $49.00

Only been to two RV parks now, so hope I am not being unfair, or too easy. More of a trailer park than an RV park. Mostly permanent residents here and some industrial park construction going on. Very friendly management. All systems worked fine and park was quiet. Best part: cab ride into downtown historic Savannah was $20. Saw some sights and ate at the best restaurant (Bedford) ever. Came back to a nice quiet sleep in the RV. So not too bad.. We camped at Sunshine RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $40.00

I signed up on this site simply to warn everyone about this disgusting place. First, when we got there the prices we much higher than advertised online. Then the cable doesn't work at all. The wifi doesn't work at all. There are tons of gross old trailers there with long term tenants that appear to be on drugs. The laundry facility is awful. But the crowning glory of this dump is the roaches. There are so many of them, and they infested our trailer. We now must have it fumigated. We have to drive the 3000 miles home with the bugs before we can do that. So please don't waste your time here. We stay at places across end the country and never had an experience like this. We camped at Sunshine RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $40.00

The owner runs the place. We chose this park because it is only 7 miles from historic Savannah. We wanted a safe park but didn't need bells and whistles. This park is really two large open grassy-type lots surrounded by tall trees. There were a mixture of RV types from expensive coaches to long-stay travel trailers. We were actually situated between 3 older, smaller trailers with dubious beer-drinker type characters, but they were harmless. The laundry room is old and kind of smelly so I didn't use it. We'd read reviews of some of the other RV parks in the area but weren't impressed. The owner only charges $150 for the week so the price is GREAT! We camped at Sunshine RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: February, 2013 - $20.00

We stayed here one month so we could see Savannah. The owner is friendly and helpful. The campground is quiet, and we felt safe. The cable service leaves something to be desired, so we ended up using our own Dish service. The only thing we did not like was the laundry room washers and dryers are old and inefficient. We camped at Sunshine RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Savannah South KOA

Richmond Hill, Georgia

Skidaway Island State Park

Biltmore RV Park

Savannah, Georgia

Are you affiliated with Sunshine RV Park ?