Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA

Trenton, Georgia

Recent Rate: $36 5/2015

FlySouth

You cannot draw 30 amps from the so-called 30 amp service. Park states it has 30 amp service and any other campground I have been to I have been able to use everything at the same time in my RV, not so at this campground. Paying for 30 amp but cannot run everything on the 30 amp as I have at other KOAs.

Sites are very cramped and the noise from the train nearby keeps you from getting a good nights sleep. Ground uneven is very uneven so you have to use levelers on your rig.

Way too expensive for the service given. We camped at Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA in a Motorhome.

Best tip is to tell you go somewhere else to camp!

WV_Retired

The host was very friendly and the campground was very quiet could barely hear the interstate traffic and an occasional train whistle. But nothing extraordinary. The WiFi was about ordinary for most KOA's and Verizon Wireless worked well in the park. We did think it was kind of unusual that the camp store closed at around 6 PM. We camped at Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA in a Motorhome.

budolemiss

Do not use GPS to find this park. It will not take you anywhere near the park. It is a typical KOA. It is difficult to find and is not right off the interstate. The owner/manager was very apologetic about the GPS sending us in the opposite direction. She said that this had happened frequently. There appeared to be some permanent residents but the park was clean and quiet. The wi-fi doesn't work very well and the cable had very limited channel selections. We were there for only one night as we were enroute to NC. We camped at Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA in a Motorhome.

telecommuting camper

Rate is approximate. This is an older but well maintained KOA way back in the heavily wooded hills about 15 miles from Chattanooga. Some of the friendliest, most helpful staff we've ever experienced. They really are trying for the family-camping market, and this is a nice place to bring the kids to let them blow off steam. But for an RV tourist wanting to "do" Chattanooga it's pretty inconvenient to town. The park's other main limitations are painfully slow wifi, sorta-level sites and very limited (though cable) TV. We camped at Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA in a Travel Trailer.

4lacampers

This is a wonderful campground located just outside of Chattanooga. We have stayed is four times in the last eight years. Just be careful to reserve this one and not the one in Ringold, GA. The owners are very accommodating. Some sites are better than others. I'm not a fan of how KOA lets you reserve a category and not a specific site. However, most of the sites are just fine. The pool is excellent here and the owners clearly work hard a making improvements. I will definitely return here again. We camped at Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA in a Motorhome.

FrankTX

WiFi was very weak and sporadic; I was only about 150 feet from main building with the antenna, with very little between us, and the park was only about 20% full; I still often could not connect, and when did connect, response was very slow or totally unworkable even though I showed a moderately strong signal. I had asked the owner at check-in about Wi-Fi and he complained about how expensive it was to provide. I'm sure it is, but I would expect a better level of service from a KOA (I'm not a member). My back-in spot was very tight turn to get in due to trees and terraced sites. I only stayed overnight, so didn't check out the various amenities. I was not impressed with the park overall, though the price was reasonable. We camped at Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA in a Travel Trailer.

bwalkerc2

Beautiful campground with gorgeous mountain views. Owner went out of his way to make our stay more than pleasant. Had landing gear problems with my fifth wheel and the owner did everything he could to help, even with the setup. By far the best KOA I have ever stayed at. I will definitely go back anytime I am near Chattanooga. We camped at Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Hokethecasita

This KOA was very family friendly. The manager, was welcoming and helpful. The park offers several forms of entertainment for children: jumping pad, pool, movie night, marshmallow-blowing contests, playground. There's a dog run. We stayed without children, but were delighted to see the young folks playing appropriately on bikes and on foot in games of chase. Yes, the Wi-Fi is weak, but other factors were good. Sites are nicely spaced and the road to the park is only traveled by guests, and so it's fine to walk there. It is also convenient to town and highway. We would stay there again. We camped at Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Cap'n G

Rate I paid includes 15% military discount. Overall, a very good park. It's close enough to Chattanooga, TN to enjoy the sights, but yet far enough from the hustle and bustle for a quite stay. There is a jumping pillow that the kids really enjoyed and medium sized wooden playground set. There are hiking trails adjacent to and around the campground, but they are in need of some maintenance. Bathrooms and showers are nicely maintained. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We camped at Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA in a Motorhome.

scrappy

Fabulous! Super clean pool, bathrooms, and laundry. Very family friendly, lots for kids to do! Very close to many fun attractions. Beautiful area, shade trees, lovely sites. The owners are super and work very hard to make it a wonderful place to be! We will return as soon as possible. We camped at Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA in a Motorhome.

L'john

We chose this campground due to location and reviews. Upon arrival the owners were extremely nice and helpful. The site we had was huge and had a deck. Not all sites were that big, though. The restrooms and showers were older but very clean. The pool was crystal clear. It's out in the country, so if you are looking for a RV resort then this isn't it. This is camping at its best. My kids especially liked the big bouncy pillow. Overall this is a very nice campground, and we would definitely stay there again. We camped at Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Minniemoo

We had a great time here at this KOA. It was very nice and quiet and in a great location. It was very clean and the yards were kept up nicely. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We loved all the things for the children even though we don't have any. The bouncer looked like a great thing for kids. All of them seemed to really enjoy it. We will be going there again in the future. We camped at Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

mizchiz

I will preface this review by saying that as a snowbird traveling in early spring, I am looking for different things than a family camping during the summer would, and this is reflected in my comments. Wireless was sporadic and TV reception was poor. There seem to be many permanent residents in this park. The sites are uneven gravel, and the one we were assigned was difficult to back into because of the sharp angle, although we were told we could take the adjacent site if it would be easier. The restrooms are OLD and need major updating. The space between the shower door and frame was quite large, so there wasn't a lot of privacy in the dressing area, and after running the water for several minutes, it wasn't hot so I gave up and skipped my shower. There is some evidence of work being done at the game room. Probably wouldn't stay there again off season We camped at Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA in a Travel Trailer.

cwooz

Typical KOA, perhaps a bit sub-par. Very nice and helpful staff, clean restrooms. Showers were cold, not much hot water at all. Tighter spaces, even for KOA (IMO). Roads were in pretty rough shape...some gravel, many busted up concrete and/or asphalt. It should be one or the other, but not that broken up stuff. Keep in mind, we were there early in the season and a few of the amenities were not open.....no bouncy pillow or pool. Not a bad place, but not a great place either. I would stay there again, but would not go out of my way to do so. We camped at Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

The Grizz

If you like being in your neighbors porch and hearing every word they say, this is the place for you. Typical KOA layout with no privacy and many fulltime residents. Dogs barking, children screaming, football games playing on outdoor TV; are you getting the picture? We stayed on a stopover through Chattanooga and because of leaf season there was limited availability in the area. Would not stay again. We camped at Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA?