Walkabout Camp & RV Park

Woodbine, Georgia

742 Old Still Rd
Woodbine, Georgia 31569

Ask fellow campers about "Walkabout Camp & RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $21.00

We spent one night with our 43 ft motorhome and toad. Easy access from the interstate. Quiet. It was off and on rain, so we didn't get out and check out the facilities. Utilities were perfectly fine. The pool looked pretty nice. Our site was almost perfectly level, and not muddy despite being grass. Long enough for my rv and toad. We disconnected before parking, which worked out since I needed to back up and straighten out a bit. Roads are gravel. Our only issue with was the width of the spaces which was tight. A couple of opposing slides and there's not much room if you wanted to hang outside. That said, staff was friendly and I'd have no qualms about staying there again. We camped at Walkabout Camp & RV Park in a Motorhome.

B14

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $20.00

Nice quiet park just off I-95. Helpful staff. Friendly. New washrooms and laundry. Some noise from I-95, but not terrible. Sites are all pull through and on grass mixed with Georgia clay so very dirty when wet. The free range chickens are friendly (but not pesky), and there is pleasant short walking trail. Good overnight stop. We camped at Walkabout Camp & RV Park in a Motorhome.

A9

Explore Saint Marys, Fernandina Beach, and don't miss the Woodbine Opry.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $38.00

Easy to get to park from 95. Restroom/Showers were in a new building, were clean and well maintained. There could have been an extra bench and/or hooks provided. Camp road is crushed gravel, and in good shape, and a good width. Sites were easy to get into, and were a very good length. Utilities were in the middle. Electric was a little low for preference for my surge protector but worked out fine. Sewer was not threaded but in good shape. Camp has recycling. WiFi was fair at our site, and good at the clubhouse. This camp does a great job with having social activities, and the host were very nice. Out Antenna was able to get over 10 stations and our Google FI, and ATT cell service was good. Pickle ball court is new and is a great addition to the park. Laundry machines (3x washer/Dryer) worked fine. We camped at Walkabout Camp & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

A15

- Woodbine Opry (Fri & Sat) - Okefenokee National Park (well run, Train, Boat, Trails, FL wildlife) - Amelia Island - Fort Clinch - Fernandina Beach (Very nice town) -St Marys, GA; restaurants, Ferry Cumberland Island(Make reservations) a Nat seashore, trails, wild horses. - Plus activities at the camp.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $21.00

Stayed 3 nights. Did not venture out/explore the area much as we were traveling through on our way to Florida. Owners were super friendly and extremely accommodating and attentive to the RV community. Brand new restrooms/showers. Community fire pit for evening gatherings. We did not use the swimming pool, but it looked clean. Owner loves to play pickle ball and had just recently constructed a new court. Campground was clean and well maintained. Gravel roads. Sites are very close seemed to be all pull in, and big rig friendly. No cable. Some sites had concrete pads. Park is convenient to I-95 and easy on/off. We camped at Walkabout Camp & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Walkabout Camp & RV Park

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $33.00

We have stayed here several times over the years and as the years have past the campground has slowly improved. Plans are to expand by 30 sites in the future. All sites are pull thru except for three new back-ins. The campground is grass so gets wet I rain storms. It is easily accessed from the interstate. For summer guests there is a pool. For dog owners, a good size dog park. The employees care. We have never stayed here during snowbird season and this place was full of them this week. A good sign. We camped at Walkabout Camp & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Close to the Golden Isles. Enjoy what you have time for. Both historical and natural attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $19.00

With PA this is a decent convenient (balanced with some highway noise) overnight. The utilities were fine although dated. Wifi signal was weak and nearly unusable in the usual late afternoon peak. There is a good sized dog run, pool, and playground. Sites are very tight as it was laid out prior to the current trends in rig size. The park is a work in process and promises improvements. We camped at Walkabout Camp & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

A2

Closest fuel was very overpriced. Plenty of alternatives in this area. Shopping/Restaurants in Kingsland-St. Marys. Okefenokee Swamp is well-worthwhile.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $19.00

Like others have said the sitter are close but we didn't view that as a an issue since we were visiting nearby. We camped at Walkabout Camp & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $40.00

We have been staying here 3 years on our way to Fl. for the winter. We love WalkAbout campground. Awesome owners. Great amenities playground real nice pool rec. Hall and all kinds of activities. The grounds are very nicly kept. Highly recommended. We camped at Walkabout Camp & RV Park in a Motorhome.

B20

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $18.00

This park features friendly/helpful managers, free-roaming chickens, a small but nice swimming pool, playground, basketball court, big-rig friendly sites and access, full hookups (more than half with 50A), a small laundry, older but clean restrooms/showers and 50% discount for PA and EA members. It's also central to many interesting attractions including the Okefenokee Swamp and Cumberland Island National Seashore. Most of the sites are deep pull throughs but are very close together. We had excellent AT&T coverage. The roads are gravel and sites are grass with only a small picnic table. Some sites has partial shade. The park offers free WIFI but we didn't use it so I can't vouch for its speed or reliability. There is some noise from I-95 but it wasn't that noticeable from our site. We camped at Walkabout Camp & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

A-19

Nearby sites we enjoyed: St. Mary's Submarine Museum, Fort King George, Fort Frederica, Fort Clinch State Park (FL).

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $31.00

Could not find anything good to say. Called and made reservations thinking the campground was Passport America after reading reviews but once we was there was told the PA discount was limited. Ok we still wanted the site. Lady in office checked us in and told us where to go. Pulled in site and was looking at neighbor's awning touching my slide out and old picnic table on top of next camper water, sewer, and electric. Site was very tight. Electric box only had an 0ld 30 Amp hook up. Sewer top broken. No cable and Wi-Fi. Water had a sulfur smell to it. Went to bathrooms and showers and they were filthy dirty . Heard I95 traffic all night long. This campground had a lot of permanent and snowbirds and they have stuff everywhere. Like my wife said, this campground needs some TLC on the grounds not owners clubhouse. I would not even recommend for an overnighter. We camped at Walkabout Camp & RV Park in a Motorhome.

B17
Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Tight Turns, Obstacles
2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $2.00

Great access to I95 with no road noise. Small park with several seasonal campers but sites are well kept. Rate reflects Coast to Coast Good Neighbor 50 AMP rate using trip points. We camped at Walkabout Camp & RV Park in a Motorhome.

A8

Great location to visit Cumberland National Seashore, Okefenokee Swamp, Jacksonville sites and Brunswick attractions. Stephens Restaurant in Kingsland is a good place for southern cooking.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $35.00

What a nice smaller park, 40 sites, 30 & 50 amps, level, water, electric, sewer & functioning WiFi. Plenty of room for my 38 ft motor home plus towed vehicle. Most reasonable price compared to other parks I have stayed at. Clean restrooms, & pool, playground. Well "manicured grounds" I hope my travels bring me back. I would defiantly go the extra mile to spend time here again. Easy access from I-95. Everything a tired traveler could wish for. Will program into my GPS to be sure to return. Please Support this Camp, it's the rare kind we appreciate. We camped at Walkabout Camp & RV Park in a Motorhome.

16B

Local attractions well listed on camp map. Camper World, Kings Island.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $19.00

Very nice and quiet campground. Close to Okefenokee Swamp Refuge. Very nice and informative people to deal with. Highly recommended. We camped at Walkabout Camp & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Sunny Open, Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $19.00

Found this park when traveling I-95 north for the summer. We would definitely stay again. Nice staff, quiet campground, convenient location. We camped at Walkabout Camp & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

If coming from the South on I-95, be sure to use exit 7 (don't follow your GPS if it shows an earlier exit).

Exit 3 has all the conveniences you could want - food, shopping & gas.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $18.00

Our check-in was quick, the owner and help were very friendly. The driveways are gravel but no potholes, low dust and wide corners for turning the 36 ft 5er. The sites are sand and grass, long enough to park comfortably and wide enough to put out slides and awnings.

Our voltage and 30 amp power was low, water pressure was good. There are nice dog walk areas. There is a vacant undeveloped subdivision next door with nice paved roads to walk. I-95 is very close so you can hear the traffic. The swimming pool was just getting filled for the summer, it looked nice. The WiFi was weak if you are not in the middle of the campground. Did not use the 2 washers, restrooms are OK. This is a nice stopover campground. We camped at Walkabout Camp & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

A1
Sand, Grass

Shopping in Kingslandand within 7 miles.

Featured Campgrounds Near Walkabout Camp & RV Park

Are you affiliated with Walkabout Camp & RV Park ?