8.6 Excellent

Arco, Idaho

705 W Grand Ave
Arco, Idaho 83213

• Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Mountain View RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $41.00

Rate reflects Good Sam discount. Electricity was steady worked well, water pressure low. This is a very nice park, very clean, actually looks like it's pictures on the internet. The gravel sites are level and spaces are wide enough you feel you can sit out without being on your neighbor. There is some road noise during the day but it quiets down at night. Would have rated this park a little higher except the restaurant was closed and two of the three washing machines were out of order, however price is good $1 to wash and $1 to dry. Check-in was friendly and efficient, lady in office was familiar with local area. Every site has a picnic table and barbecue grill and most have trees so there is shade available. This is overall a very nice park and we would stay here again. We camped at Mountain View RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

This is a good place to stay to visit Craters of the Moon National Park. There is a nice grocery store in town. Also for eating out The Deli is a good value, good food and there is also a place called Pickle's.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $30.00

We were the only ones that stayed so we had the park to ourselves. They were not fully open but were very nice. The CG is not super big but the spaces are laid out well and most sites are pull thru. You have a BBQ at each site. They have a small restaurant but was not open as chef was recovering from a hospital stay. Host was very nice and this would certainly be a place that I would like to visit in the summer. We camped at Mountain View RV Park in a Motorhome.

B3

No Others In Sight

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $40.00

This was our second stay in as many years. We recommend them over anyone else in town. Great owner...he will work with you and has some great plans for the park's future. We camped at Mountain View RV Park in a Motorhome.

A4

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $40.00

We didn't have any 'issues' here. Nice sites with plenty of side to side space. Don't turn on the ball valve at the bottom of the hook up post or you will be treated to a shower. Owner nice but a tad eccentric. Plenty of rules which is fine but they aren't enforced equally. Food good when available. We camped at Mountain View RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Mountain View RV Park

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $42.00

Great owner, easy in easy out. Lots of room on the back road. Wifi was down while we were there. Would stay there again if in area. We camped at Mountain View RV Park in a Motorhome.

D4

The owner is also a chef/cook. Had the BBQ ribs the nigh I was there, super delicious. Close to Craters of the Moon National Monument

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $41.00

I called to reserve our spot four months out & the owner scoffed at me for reserving so far ahead and informed me that if I wanted a confirmation I would need to send an email that I understood his cancellation policy (which is no different than any other park's policy). He took my CC for a guarantee and I immediately sent an email per his instructions. I never heard anything back. A week before we were to arrive I called to confirm since he was so kooky with his rules. He indicated that he DID have our reservation but chided me for not acknowledging his cancellation policy to which I responded that I DID, in fact, send an email and have it saved if he would like me to resend it. He then tells me that you can't send an email but you have to go to his website, locate the tab called "rates", hover your mouse over the tab without clicking it until the word "cancellation" lights up and then click on that and fill in the form. ??? WTHeck?? I said, "Okay, but you have us down, right?" He responded, "For now". I asked exactly what that meant and he chided that I STILL hadn't acknowledged the policy through his website. I did so immediately not wanting to lose our reservation. On the way to the park he again emailed me AND called me to make sure we were coming. I confirmed and he went on to say he wanted to be sure because he had people coming in wanting a space and he had us in one of his best sites. It was only 2 o'clock in the afternoon! Weird?? So ... the park is good - the supposed "best" site has no shade and a huge dirt patch right outside our door - & is certainly the worst of his "best" - lol. They also have a restaurant/café which gets rave reviews but at this point, I think I'll pass. We have only smiled and been pleasant, but we will never be back - too weird. We camped at Mountain View RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

D6

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $49.00

This RV park, on the outskirts of Arco, ID, is medium-sized, and navigation within the park is easy. Most of the sites are pull-through and there are mature trees throughout that provide some shade for most campers. The owner was cool and strict with no lee-way for anything, but no rule was unreasonable (with the possible exception of $20/hour charge if you leave later than 10am). Our site (B1) was quite nice, gravel surrounded by grass, good hookups, picnic table, very nice shade trees and although we were right next to the bathrooms, the landscaping isolated us from it enough not to matter. At the time of our visit, no open fires of any kind were allowed. While the park has WiFi, we never used it. The bathrooms were clean and laid out nicely, and the laundry was adequate and clean. The Verizon signal was 2-3 bars of 4G. Overall we were very happy with this RV park and would stop here again. We camped at Mountain View RV Park in a Motorhome.

B1

El Mirador has fair Mexican food. The A&A Market was very nice. Pickle's was typical small-town diner type food, fairly ok but nothing to write home about. Don't miss out of Craters of the Moon National Monument, only 25 minutes south of town, but go early or late in the day as it was mobbed when we were there.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $41.00

Clean park with long enough level sites. All utilities functioned appropriately and were conveniently located. A good place to stay while visiting Craters of the Moon National Monument. Pretty expensive for what it is, but it is a decent enough park and that seems to be a given near any attraction these days. We camped at Mountain View RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $41.00

Nice park. Very clean and the restaurant sure smelled good though we only stopped for a beer. Just up the road from Craters of the Moon. We camped at Mountain View RV Park in a Motorhome.

D4

Craters of the Moon definitely worth the trip

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $37.00

Really nice park. Ron, the owner, is an on site owner. We enjoyed the restaurant,grounds,etc. It was our 2nd stay. We watched a deer feeding in the field behind us each morning and evening. We were in back row as needed 50 amp. Super clean and neat! We camped at Mountain View RV Park in a Motorhome.

D6

Go out to see EBR 1. Very interesting. About 15 miles out of Arco. Decommissioned nuclear reactor.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $35.00

This is a very well maintained campground. Things are very neat and clean. My wife used the laundry which was clean also. The washers and dryers worked well. Most of the sites appear to be pull through sites. We had full hook ups. My wife thought the owner was a bit gruff but he runs a tight ship. He likes to keep the place looking nice. We camped at Mountain View RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $41.00

This was our second stop at this park. Reception was a bit chilly as the man in the office seemed to consider our arrival very annoying. His instructions were abrupt and not delivered in a very pleasant manner. After that, things improved. Our pull thru site was mostly level and was served by good utilities. Several trees provided nice shade. Access in/out posed no problems. The park is quiet. Bathrooms/showers were adequate and kept in decent condition. The office shares space with their own cafe that served good food (and beer/wine) but that took one hour to be served. Be patient, it's probably the best choice to eat in town. We camped at Mountain View RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

C5

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $38.00

Good, clean, quiet campground. Interior roads a bit tight for a big rig but doable. Very good spacing between sites. Very good, strong WIFI. We camped at Mountain View RV Park in a Motorhome.

C4

Campground advertises a restaurant which many have reviewed as good. However be aware owner will decide not to open based on wether he has help or not. We made a reservation for next day, showed up at our appointed hour and he just looked at us and said "not open" with a shucks too bad face. So have a back up dinner plan if you decide to eat at restaurant.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $41.00

Nice older park. Lanes are gravel. Sites are gravel, level and long enough for our 43 ft RV and extra long F350 truck, with lovely wide areas of grass between sites. Each site has picnic table and grill. Plenty of room to put out slides and awnings. There is a large tree at front of the sites. Utilities work well and are set up well. WIFI is good. No Cable but open for satellite dish. AT&T Cell service good. The park is beautiful with views of snow capped mountains. The owner is great and very accommodating. We camped at Mountain View RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Definitely allow time to visit Craters of the Moon National Monument

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $40.00

This is a well maintained campground with helpful and friendly owners. Interior road is hard packed gravel and big rig access is good. Our level pull through site was also hard packed gravel, very spacious with plenty of room for our towed, there was grass between each site with a picnic table, barbecue and some shade trees. A little road noise during the day, but very quiet at night. Views around in all directions. The bathrooms and the laundry were dated but clean. Pet friendly but no dog walk or pick up bags. Wifi was excellent, best Wifi we have ever had in all our trips! And AT&T signal was strong too! The

small restaurant on site was very convenient, and the food was excellent.There are a couple of small grocery stores and restaurants in Arco, but not much else. We would stay here again, it's not a destination resort, but for us it was perfect for a couple of days. We camped at Mountain View RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Mountain View RV Park

Are you affiliated with Mountain View RV Park ?