Blackwell Island RV Park

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Phone Phone yes
  • Beach Beach yes
  • Boating Boating yes

Ask fellow campers about "Blackwell Island RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $41.00

I don't think I've read of so many reviews that differ so widely over one park. It seems the consensus is - great location, but lousy customer service. Now, I will agree - wonderful location right on the Spokane River with a fair amount of protected beach access for the kiddos and the pontoon boats. Not far from the Lake, so if you have a suitable boat, you're all set and can launch from there, or rent one. My husband and I are now over 60 (well, I'm BARELY over 60) and our check in was swift and to the point. The gentleman who helped me was on top of it. However, there was a much younger couple next to me who were being checked in by, I assume, the owner, a woman in my age range. For some reason, she seemed to be lecturing them on something or other. I suspected that their age had everything to do with this disparate treatment than what I received. Let's just say when I walked in and when I walked out, they were still there listening to her. Otherwise, we had a fine time. Now, it was the day after Labor Day and there were vacancies, so that may have as much to do with the general peacefulness we experienced than our age, but who knows? I will also say that for the most part, we follow the rules of the park we're in, but none of the rules were too onerous. Although they did have a "dog contract" on the front of their park pamphlet. Good grief. I'd have laughed out loud at that one. And no, I didn't sign it, nor was I asked to. But then again, when I called to reserve a space, I told them about our dog and we had her out every day, so it wasn't like we lied about her. So - I think the bottom line is if you have gray in your hair you may be given a pass on nit picky stuff - and if you're young or have kids around, you may have a very different, more negative, experience. And, as others have noted, the owners have no big incentive to up their customer service game since they are on a primo property. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Motorhome.

CdA is a water and boating location, but there's still a very cute downtown with lots of eateries and breweries. There's a lovely scenic drive about seven miles out of town (off I-90) which goes around the eastern edge of the Lake. Lovely!

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $52.00

We stayed here on our 38 day Northwest Caravan. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We had a dinner in their rally hall, which was very spacious, well stocked with tables, chairs and cooking equipment. The wifi was not that great at the sites, but if you went to the office or the hall, it was good. Our site was a pull thru and it had ample space for our 32' Class C and towed. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $57.00

Nice park - friendly staff - we were only there overnight - we had no issues navigating with our 43 ft motor home. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $48.00

Too many barking dogs and owners that didn't care. Visitors going to others' sites as guests walked through all the other occupied sites. If you have a visitor, please let them know what the rules are. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Motorhome.

30-38

Featured Campgrounds Near Blackwell Island RV Park

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $61.00

Plenty of room to maneuver your coach around and Park is clean. I can see why it is popular. Would definitely stay again in the area. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $65.00

Rude experience with a gentleman at the front desk. We will have an issue getting out on Saturday due to tree and tow vehicles parked along roadway. The park is 3/4 empty till Labor Day weekend. Watched a man struggle with our situation and smaller rv so I went up front to see what we could do. Front desk didn't even make an effort - just made me feel like I'm stupid. Ruined my week stressing out about Saturday. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $75.00

We always stay here when in the area. Everything is always the same including the lack luster wifi. Spotty at best. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $61.00

Office staff was pleasant, site was hard pack gravel with some grass in the patio area. PIcnic table. Office folks said, after I made several trys, that their wifi does not work for any Apple products! In hundreds of campgrounds we've never encountered that before! Lots of nearby road noise, some aircraft noise, but no trains yet! No water in view from our site. For us, it this place is just an expensive and noise overnight place to stop. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $60.00

On our way from Bend Oregon to Billings Montana we stayed in Coeur d'Alene at this lovely park on the lake where the Spokane River comes in. It is just over the bridge to town but not really walking distance. From the trailer you can see the water in a large number of spots. Verizon works well and local channels with plenty of sat view. Difficult to get in during the summer but worth the stop and enjoy all they have to offer. You can bring your boat or jet ski right to the park and a huge nice beach. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Hudson's hamburgers, walk in the park and hike around the town. Swim at the beach in the clean water. Great farmers market. Good stop between Columbia river and Billings driving across 90

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $62.00

paved roads. Standard sites are gravel but hard, level and pretty spacious; waterfront on the river is nice; kayak, canoe, boat rentals are very reasonable. Office staff very friendly and helpful. Wifi is poor. For the cost, it should be better. Wifi is important to virtually all campers so should be a major consideration for improvement. Water pressure excellent. Areas for maneuvering RV are obstacle free. This would be a good place fore a rally. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $57.00

The pictures on the website for this RV park are a bit misleading. I would say very few sites have a view of the marina and the spaces are very close together. I give them huge extra customer service points because I went in (even though there was a NO VACANCY sign, but we are only 25' and fit in a lot of spaces most motorhomes can't fit in, plus we don't have a toad). The lady at the counter told me there was nothing even for a small unit so I returned to the RV but as we were pulling out, the owner's son stopped us and said he had a site he was holding in case there was an emergency but we were welcome to stay in that site. it was full hookups and toward the back but we were very happy to have it. We used to own a hotel and it's common to keep an emergency spot but it was very kind of them to flag us down and offer it. Extra credit points for sure! We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $57.00

The park charges two tiers of rates, $57 for sites away from the river and $68 for river sites. We camped away from the beach. The beach along the Spokane River is nice, and well-used. They have water toys for rent, and the water sites are pretty nice, as long as you don't mind a lot of company along the beaches. We had stayed at the park, along the river, many years ago and loved it. Of course, they have made substantial upgrades/changes since then. The park was full, and well attended. The people in the office were busy and curt, but the check-in went smoothly. The park was quiet overall. Freeway was far enough away so as not to be heard, and there were no trains nearby. If you're a boater, this is a good place for you. There is a very nice restaurant at the end of the road, and the tourist area in Coeur d'Alene near the resort is very nice, with lots of restaurants, stores, parks and accommodations. It's a good place to stay, but on the expensive side. The sites in the center are pull-through, but with few trees, gravel pads and a good amount of dust. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Bring the kids, and plan to spend time along the river on the beaches. Boat launch is nearby. Take time to explore the city, it's a gem.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $60.00

Overpriced. Overrun. 'Beach' is right next to boats slips. Or site was next to 95 so a lot of road noise. Office always busy. For the price, WiFi should be available at sites. Some tight turns for big rig. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Motorhome.

Coeur D'Alene very busy town with lots of traffic. Daft Badger brewery has good beer and good food.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $60.00

Pretty average campground in a very good area. I would have rated it higher if the sites were more Big-Rig friendly. Big rigs fit in most sites, but they could be longer for tow vehicle parking. I'm glad I didn't get a river/water front site, as the pull-ins viewed only thick trees, not water. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $45.00

Stayed at this park for 4 nights and was pleasantly surprised. Helpful staff, clean, quiet park. It would be nice if there were a few more trees for shade as it got hot in July, but overall would definitely stay again. Great beach access for swimming, and a nice place to take the dogs for a swim also. Easy access to downtown Coeur D'Alene. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Blackwell Island RV Park

Are you affiliated with Blackwell Island RV Park ?