Wolf Lodge Campground

12329 E Frontage Rd
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 83814

• Boating Boating yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Wolf Lodge Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $34.00

They advertise a dump station in Good Sam but there is none there. Their answer is for you to go to a vacant full hook up site and use the dump. A recent Good Sam review said they charge $5 for this. Since we left early in the morning, and all sites were full, that was not an option. The sites are tight and close together. Awnings were close to touching the next trailer's slide out. They advertise pull through sites as being 70 feet long and back-ins at 40. The majority of of the sites are way shorter than that. When we left we had to ask 2 campers to move in order to get our trailer out. The best thing for them is the wonderful staff. I would not return there. We camped at Wolf Lodge Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Not big enough for my travel trailer

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $80.00

The $80 reflects what we paid for 2 nights but left after the 1st so it cost me $80. This park is absolutely jam packed with very little rhyme or reason where we were parked. Had a constant flow of people walking and driving right in front of our rig headed to the bathroom. Park is definitely family oriented and full of kids on summer vacation - which is fine but not what we are looking for. Had to actually move the camp host's sign in order to pull out this morning. It's old, it's tight, and yes there is traffic noise. Very little area to walk the dog so I went out to the street in front of the park. All around unpleasant experience for us; however, if you are going with your family the kids will probably love it! We camped at Wolf Lodge Campground in a Motorhome.

P3

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $42.00

My overall assessment of the park is that the sites are very tight and most are on grass. For me, this is a stop for one night. I would go elsewhere if I had the opportunity for several reasons: 1) the entrance is ridiculously narrow. I consider myself to be fairly experienced and capable maneuvering my 40' MH with a toad. However, I barely cleared by inches with both the coach and the car. Had I not been perfectly aligned (and warned by other comments on this site), I would have been in a jam and could not back up without disconnecting. Tip: Be prepared to swing as wide as possible to make the entrance. Terrible entrance...period. 2) The park has some pull throughs with gravel but I had to settle for a turf with Water & Electric only. My neighbors awning was probably about 6" from my slide. 3) The highway noise is rather loud but it was warm enough to use A/C's to limit the noise. I stayed here out of necessity and would never reserve to camp here for any length of time. All that said, the best thing about the park was the friendly staff. We camped at Wolf Lodge Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $40.00

The entrance is over a very tight bridge... but we, obviously, did it pulling a 42 ft. fifth-wheel. Once inside it is very nice. Staff was extremely nice. This is the most kid-friendly resort we have seen! Dog park. The water was too low in the creek for the rental canoes, so our neighbors got stuck and had to wade out. Restrooms & showers were old but clean. Laundry room was old, $2. for wash and .25 for 7 minutes to dry. Beautiful surroundings (!!!) but next to the freeway and very loud! We camped at Wolf Lodge Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Wolf Lodge Campground

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $43.00

Check in very easy, fun people in the office. The managers are simply special. They worked very hard to get a pull through site for our big rig. Since they were booked solid we had 1 night with water/electric and through shuffling, we had full hook up for the next 6 nights. Park has new owners and their crew, working 10 - 12 hours a days, are improving the property. There were many children here who had a lot of play area and equipment to use. There is a large fenced dog area. This is a rustic setting and is just what we look for. The entry is tight as reported by others but there is a warning sign to swing wide. We are 60 feet long with tow and cleared nicely plus a longer rig followed us in. The negatives reviews are unwarranted. Ours was a pleasant stay and would return again. We camped at Wolf Lodge Campground in a Motorhome.

Tito's Italian restaurant downtown is outstanding. The sourdough sandwich shop downtown provides a big, delicious lunch.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $45.00

Entrance very tight for big rig. Sites are small. Water pressure very low. A/C power adequate although line 1 was lower than line 2 by 10 Volts AC. Make sure you ask for Good Sam discount when you check in, otherwise you are out of luck. We arrived before check in time of 2 PM and they would not let us check in or let us park on the property. Not very accommodating. Would not stay here again. We camped at Wolf Lodge Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $40.00

I was reluctant to stay here due to ratings but was pleasantly surprised. Park was old but we enjoyed our stay. There were a few pull through spots and ours was good. We camped at Wolf Lodge Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Entry to park was hard to find and you had to go several miles on the frontage road. Once you get to the park you must swing wide as the sign says to get on to a one lane bridge. While we were there on person encountered issues while trying to cross bridge.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $35.00

Very friendly staff at the front office able to check in quickly. Our site was on the end with a lot of trees for shade. No cable but able to pick up 7 antenna TV stations. WiFi was good of course with the usual slow downs but it was more then acquitted. Nice area to walk the dog but not enclosed so he had to stay on lease the whole time. We camped at Wolf Lodge Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $39.00

The turn into the park is tight, but there's a sign telling you to turn wide. The pullthrough sites are tight. To use your chairs you'll have to put them in front of the rig. They don't allow fires by the RVs (they say it's an insurance thing), but they have a common fire nearby going at night. Parking is on dirt and grass. There's a big play area that is well mowed and a creek runs through the camp. It's not a fancy park, but it's well maintained and less than ten miles from Coeur d'Alene. If I couldn't get into Blackwell Island RV Park I would stay here again. We camped at Wolf Lodge Campground in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

On Frontage Rd. on your way to the campground there is an excellent steakhouse which looks like an old roadhouse called Wolf Lodge Inn. It's crowded every night, but it didn't take long to get seated. Also there's a 35 mile scenic road around the lake that starts near the campground. In Coeur d"Alene eat at the famous Cedars Floating Restaurant.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $32.00

Lovely park like setting. Lots of birds, lots of grass. I only use my own bathroom, so I can't comment on theirs, but, from the general look of the place, I expect it was clean since the whole park was well maintained. I was in a pull through site and those don't have fire rings, so the staff light a fire each evening in a common area near the office for those who want the campfire (tent sites have fire rings). All in all a very nice place and I will stay here again. We camped at Wolf Lodge Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $40.00

We have a 45' coach and found the entry to this park is narrow, crossing a bridge, one has to swing quite wide to make sure you make this, if you are uneasy with narrow spaces I would not recommend. We also were put into a tight spot, #5, and I sustained some damage to my awning front and bedroom topper trying to get enough room to deploy the slides, they would not have made it. We were moved to the original spot I was told we were going into when the reservations were made over a month in advance, which had satisfactory clearance, the next morning found a fault on my surge suppressor, got home that day and found relay was shot in the boiler, transfer switch would not work and circuit board was fried in the electric fireplace, will not go back, cannot recommend. Beware! We camped at Wolf Lodge Campground in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Great restaurant short ways down the road.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $30.00

We rode bikes on the many rails-to-trails nearby so the location was great. Just unfortunate there were nearby forest fires. Spacing was adequate and roads made for easy parking. Grounds were rustic and sufficiently maintained. Restrooms and showers were clean. We camped at Wolf Lodge Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $39.00

No Cable no TV at all on Antenna. Sites are very tight and you park on dirt.

Watch out for the trees in the parking spots.

The turn into the park is very tight onto a narrow bridge becarful and swing wide.

The Electrical hook up post was in very bad shape the 50 amp plug was loose and broken it did work but looked bad. We camped at Wolf Lodge Campground in a Motorhome.

Wolf Lodge Steak house is good and just a short walk

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $36.00

Older campground with mature shade trees and a little creek. Off Frontage road; swing wide to turn into Park, then carefully cross narrow bridge over creek. Pull-throughs are long and wide enough for opposing slide-outs. Some road noise from I-90, which didn't bother us. Open grassy areas for kids and dogs. Very busy on July weekend, better reserve! Friendly, helpful Owners. We would stay here again. We camped at Wolf Lodge Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $36.00

Rate reflects Good Sam discount. We stayed one night in a 50 amp full hookup pull-thru. Check in was quick but there was already someone parked in our assigned space when we got there so one of the staff members made them move to their correct space. Park seems to have a large number of long-term and permanent residents, along with their associated "stuff" spread out. No off leash dogpark. No pool but there's a kind of canal that you can supposedly swim. Entrance from the frontage road is a very sharp turn onto a very narrow road that goes over the canal. The exit out onto the frontage road from the park is much easier. Wifi was weak. Hookups are in the middle and convenient for us. Water pressure was great. Sites are gravel, narrow but long enough for our 40' mh and tow. Easy in and out from the interstate. We camped at Wolf Lodge Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Wolf Lodge Campground

Are you affiliated with Wolf Lodge Campground ?