Snake River RV Park & Campground

Idaho Falls, Idaho

1440 Lindsay Blvd
Idaho Falls, Idaho 83402

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly ?
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Snake River RV Park & Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $50.00

Gravel sites with grass between. Some of the pull thru used the buddy set up so that meant that you are very close to the neighbors on your hookup side. There's construction of new sites with pads at the back of the park. Each site had a picnic table with tablecloth and a fire pit.Laundry was two buildings with ample machines at $1.25/load. We camped at Snake River RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

B7

There's two bars within walking distance of the park and one served food.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $46.00

Stayed one night. Thought the price was high to begin with but they said full hook up, quiet, and pull through. Paid for a full hook up but no sewer. Place was right off the highway with road noise on three sides plus trains all night. The worst was the noise and loud banging music from a bar that abutted the park on the north side. Noise and dust all night with construction activities from an adjacent factory of some sort, park expansion, and the pickups coming into the park and going into the back gate of the bar. Horrible, dirty and dusty. Park was old and neglected. Bath house was filthy and old and it looked like it was never maintained. Sites were very narrow, gravel, and dusty. Place was way overpriced and should not be rated as a good sam park. Called the office when I left in the morning and they seemed totally unconcerned. Did not apologize for anything. Said they had no authority to issue any refunds. The owner would call back. Did not get a call back. Called again in 3 days and was told the owner was out of town. Took photos and are disputing this charge with my credit card company. I also heard there is a dog fee of $4 a day that they do not tell anyone about ahead of time. Beware of this place. This is a $10 a night parking space, but only if you like dirt, dust, and a lot of loud noises. We camped at Snake River RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

A32
Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $53.00

No where on their website or during their phone registration is a check in time or pet fee mentioned. We arrived at 12:45pm to be told that check in was at 1 and we'd need to pull our large 5th wheel out and wait at Walmart until 1. Told the "pleasant" person that we'd just stay parked where we were outside the office. Suddenly they were able to give us a site although "some people haven't checked out yet". During our orientation, it was emphasized a couple of times that check out was at 11am. Hmmmm. Later, after we set up I read a review about per pet charge per day of $4. Checked our statement and sure enough $8 was charged for our pug and shihtzu. The campground is marginal and located behind a fertilizer facility. Beware - we've been in 16 other campgrounds since mid June and this place is not worth the price. We will not return. We camped at Snake River RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

B18

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $56.00

We tried to check in an hour early and they told us to wait at Walmart. We stayed here for 4 nights which included the July 4th celebration. Check in took some time as our original site was not satellite friendly. We were able to get a different site that was level and easy to pull into. The staff were busy moving sprinklers around to keep the grass green. We had to pay $4.00 per stay per dog! The dog run was full of weeds and dirt. We thought that was excessive. We really enjoyed the outstanding July 4th fireworks! We camped at Snake River RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

B-16

Walked the Snake River riverwalk. See the Giant Eagle Waterfall Statue. Jakers down the road was fabulous! Walmart is very close.

Featured Campgrounds Near Snake River RV Park & Campground

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $45.00

This is the closest park to downtown Idaho Falls. It is an old KOA (still has a-frame office. We were there on a busy festival weekend in Idaho Falls and the park was full. There were a couple of large party groups but they did not cause any problems and quieted down early. The spaces were a little tight but there was lots of grass and shade and picnic tables at every site. The cost was a little higher than we would have liked but it did have location (close to downtown Idaho Falls) and easy access. We camped at Snake River RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

The falls were spectacular with a heavy snow melt. The downtown seemed to be economically challenged but the old buildings were interesting with a few businesses open. Try the Ford's Bar for some local flavor and very cheap drinks.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $52.00

We stayed in a pull through for one night. The cost was high for one night. Our pull through site was narrow. For an older park you would expect the landscape would be nicer, but everything looked neglected. The staff was very nice and accommodating. I have to think twice before coming here sometimes I think I would be better off renting a hotel room for the price. We camped at Snake River RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

C1
Fire Ring

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $43.00

Very crowded, tight sites with alternating directions for RVs. Many long term campers, it looks like a construction crew campground. WiFi is just OK, sites are very small and not very nice (primarily gravel/grass/dirt in nature). Park has an air about it that is not comfortable or conducive for walking or exploring the park. The overnight fee is extremely over priced! At $47 with a Good Sam discount you expect some amenities; however, there is no cable or satellite TV offered, the pool is 1/2 full with a couple of stray buckets floating around inside. I realize it is still Spring and the pool may not be usable now; however, it should either be emptied or covered as a safety measure and to prevent it being the eye-sore it appears to be now. I WOULD NOT recommend this park to anyone and I will not stay here again. I don't know how this park received the better than average ratings it displays, it was a big disappointment to me. My best tip would be to avoid this park unless you have no alternative. We camped at Snake River RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

C8
Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

The office staff were good. The site we were in was narrow. Length wise, I was able to my 5th wheel and truck. Our site in particular could use much more gravel, as the work that was done around the sewer was a lot of mud. We were there for 4 nights. We camped at Snake River RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

C4

Shopping and fuel were close by (about 1.2 miles away).

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $44.00

Staff very helpful. Wifi is mostly very good. Phone At&t good. Tv reception mostly Ok. The highway noise didnt bother us and we were next to it. Washing reasonable. Downtown very close. We camped at Snake River RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

E12

Walking around the downtown falls was lovely. Brewery was very differcult to fine but lovely beer. Craters of the moon is really worth the visit.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $55.00

We stayed here during the eclipse. It was very busy but to charge people 50 plus dollars a night for grass tent camping which had just been dividing in a grass field with no tables, no firepits, no shade, no water access, dirty bathrooms, and rude customer service if you want to call it that.. don't recommend at all.The owners were at the time just trying to make as much money for as little work as possible. We camped at Snake River RV Park & Campground in a Tent.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $38.00

Sites are only wide enough to get into without awnings, slide outs if you're lucky. Two rigs share a common post, so if you use 50amp you're neighbor only gets a 30 amp. No living grass or greens other than tree leaves around the perimeter. Fire rings! less than 6 foot from your rig that of course the neighbor uses because they're 'camping'. This is just a money grab campground, no upkeep, fees for each dog per night, and the nightly rate does not reflect the quality of the park. I'll never select this campground again, and would recommend finding another if you're in Idaho Falls. We camped at Snake River RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Section A
Fire Ring

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Read's Ice Cream was a delight to visit; family owned dairy farm with home-made ice cream, milk, and cheese curds.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $38.00

Old dilapidated overcrowded park. Sites are very close together, separated only by a chalk line on the ground. Hence, you may arrive, as I did, to find your next door neighbors have put their car and picnic table just on the line, meaning all of the space between the two of you comes out of your site alone. Barely able to get slides out on both sides. There was a picnic table at my site, but I had to move it off the site, as there was no room for it. Utilities are on shared poles, so you may end up with front porch areas shared. Also, because of the shared utility pole, I had to drive forward into the site, and then back out, into a very congested area. Backing into a site is easy enough, backing out into traffic, not so fun. Customer service was not horrible, but would absolutely not allow anyone to park before the stated time, so there were a line of us waiting to check in (and the sites were already open). Also, I called and reserved a full hookup site, but when I arrived, they put me in a site with no sewer. The common dump site is very inconveniently placed, and contributes to a traffic jam around the entrance area. I would not recommend this park or return. We camped at Snake River RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Idaho falls has a beautiful greenway area for walking or riding, with tons of lovely picnic spots all along it. It was about half a mile from the camp to get to this area.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $42.00

As others have mentioned this is a converted KOA park complete with the small KOA type cabins. The park is next to the Snake River; however, there is no access from the park to the river, in fact you can not even see it from the park. We got a pull-through site on the end of the row and it had a nice grassy area. However, many of the sites, particularly the back-ins, are extremely close together; many have no picnic table or other amenities. It is a bit unusual but the park's website does not have a park layout map or at least I could not find one. I am attaching a photo of the map. To avoid extreme congestion I would pay the extra $7 per night and get a pull-through with a little extra space. The park personnel are extremely helpful and the maintenance staff is constantly working on irrigating the grassy areas which is a real task with no in-ground irrigation system and the heat that Idaho Falls gets in the summer. Given the circumstances I think they do a great job. Located in Idaho Falls, the park is typically not a destination stay so the daily turnover is large. One potential issue is the park has over 30 tent sites that are packed tight as sardines. Although there were not a ton of tenters while we were there it could be an issue. Would not want to be staying in the park August 21 for the total eclipse. Facilities are well kept and they have a nice little store in the office. Wi-Fi worked in the morning after everyone cleared out, totally useless when park is full, which is typical to every park I have stayed at lately. Good AT&T and Verizon service for both voice and data. One pet peeve, the dog area is full of dog poop. I see many people not picking up after their dogs, which is disgusting. Must be something about the area because there is a very large, fenced dog park about a mile away that is also full of dog poop. Some pet owners are really jerks. We camped at Snake River RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

C-16

Idaho Falls in the downtown area. Super Walmart for supplies, also a Camping World nearby. Not really a destination.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $40.00

This is a repurposed, old KOA park. The roads and sites are gravel/dirt. The sites are extremely cramped, our shades were almost touching our neighbors shades, and I'm talking window shades not awnings. The park is very dusty and sorely in need of gravel. The grass between the sites is mostly dead adding to the dust! There was a fire ring but, based on the closeness of the sites I can't imagine how you would use it. The CG is convenient to I-15. I'm being generous giving the site a 3... We camped at Snake River RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

E-06

If you stop here, you MUST visit The Falls, which are about 1.5 miles and order a pizza from Uncle Benny's! You won't be disappointed with either.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $40.00

We stayed here for one night on our way through Idaho. This park is located near the freeway for easy access but we were not bothered by traffic noise. The sites are very crowded... the whole park is very crowded. But with a pull-through site so we didn't have to unhook and a great pancake breakfast the next morning, we were happy. We camped at Snake River RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Snake River RV Park & Campground

Are you affiliated with Snake River RV Park & Campground ?