Sawtelle Mountain Resort

Recent Rate: $41 8/2014

Latitude: 44.4242027698654

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?

GaryM2

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $41.00

I called ahead and explained very clearly that I have a large rig, towing a trailer (65’ overall). They assured me there would be no problem. Well, the site may have been long enough, and if I was camping in a helicopter it would have been fine. The problem is, this campground is overgrown with trees and maneuvering to a site with a big rig is impossible. Eventually they were able to accommodate me, but it took a long time and too much “explaining”. If you have a small rig and your only concern is that there be plenty of trees, you’ll like this campground. What I consider overgrown some will call ‘nicely wooded’. Wi-Fi is available only in the office. The campsites are close to the highway, but noise was never an issue. We camped at Sawtelle Mountain Resort in a Motorhome.

kkj303g

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $40.00

Lots of shade, but trees so thick not much room on either side of vehicle. Hot tub and pool were freezing cold. Wi-Fi signal so weak hardly usable. Most sites so close together no room to sit in front of RV. This is more of a sleeping spot for Yellowstone visitors than a place to spend a week. We didn't hate it, but we certainly didn't love it. We camped at Sawtelle Mountain Resort in a Travel Trailer.

cmiller

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $38.00

Great park. Heavily treed, lots of shade. Firepits and picnic tables were nice. We were here on a Monday, so it wasn't crowded. Staff was very nice. No TV channels working. Nice and quiet. Definitely would stay again! We camped at Sawtelle Mountain Resort in a Motorhome.

coopco

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $32.00

The staff here was incredibly nice and you feel like you are in the middle of the forest so it's a beautiful setting at each site. But I was really disappointed in the amenities. They do have an indoor pool but unfortunately it had no water in it when we were there. It's the middle of June at Yellowstone. Isn't this peak season! They have laundry facilities but they were broken too. So I had to lug my laundry to the timeshare my brother was staying at across the street. We had to use their pool too! There is no Wi-Fi at the campsite although you can drag your computer to the office and get Wi-Fi there. My wireless card did work fine at the campsite. One of the showers was missing a shower curtain and unfortunately it was right in front of the door so if you were getting dressed and someone opened the door, the whole world could see you naked. Come on -- a shower curtain would cost maybe $10! And my shower water wasn't even hot although my daughter says hers was hot but she complained about the number of spiders in her shower. She never took a shower for the rest of the trip outside of our RV after this one. If you don't care about amenities, this is an okay place to stay at a reasonable price. But this was our vacation and I was disappointed because I expected what I saw on their advertisements. We wouldn't stay again. We camped at Sawtelle Mountain Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Ron & Donna

Date of Stay: October, 2006 - $26.00

Although the sites were plenty long, the turns were very tight with a ton of trees every where. Had it not been that this campground was almost empty I don't think I would have got out with out damage to my rig. We camped at Sawtelle Mountain Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Lee and Fran

Date of Stay: August, 2006 - $36.00

First we made reservations for five sites for a family reunion and they were to all be together. When we arrived we were all separated all around the park. We were told they had cable but got three channels that were very static and they said that was normal. We were told they were Good Sam and had signs for Good Sam but on arrival we were told they were no longer Good Sam and gave no discount. They have been doing that for quite a while from what people in the area told us. Attitude of people working there was atrocious and they were very rude. Restrooms were not clean. I would not recommend them to anyone. We camped at Sawtelle Mountain Resort in a Motorhome.

mjohnm

Date of Stay: October, 2005 - $26.00

It looked it could be nice but had severe problems with organization and communication. We arrived at about 9pm. The receptionist was friendly and told us that the cable TV was not working. Also, the Wi-Fi was not yet working. Apparently the park had just been taken over by new ownership. The site was narrow, very unlevel and difficult to get into with out 28' motorhome. Water pressure was very low and we needed to leave our pump on. In the morning we found out the hard way that there was no water in the bath house. Apparently, the water had been all turned off. When my wife asked about this, she was treated like some idiot for not knowing water is turned off at that time of year. (Actually is was the only park without water that we encountered in our two week trip!) So, no cable TV, no water and no discount!! We suggest this park is avoided until the new owner gets his/her act together. We are newbies at RVing. I am embarrased to admit that the sewer hose popped off while dumping at this park. However, given this was by far the worst park on our trip, if it had to happen, so be it. We camped at Sawtelle Mountain Resort in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Sawtelle Mountain Resort?