Gem State RV Park and Campground (formerly Mountain Home KOA)

Mountain Home, Idaho

220 E 10th N
Mountain Home, Idaho 83647

• Public Phone Public Phone yes

Ask fellow campers about "Gem State RV Park and Campground (formerly Mountain Home KOA)" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $23.00

We stayed less than 24 hours but were pleased. We had a super late arrival as we were passing through from Crater of the Moon National Park to Washington State. The people were helpful and the showers and laundry area were clean! If you're traveling with littles, there is a playground. We camped at Gem State RV Park and Campground (formerly Mountain Home KOA) in a Motorhome.

K2

We would stay here again.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $32.00

Pulled into park and no one was in the office and there were no self checkin forms available. Sign on door said, "will return by 1:30" but it was almost 3 pm and not open. Five minutes later a man showed up to check me in. He couldn't find my reservation on the computer but said that he had a pull thru space available. I went to pay and he told me he only could accept cash because he didn't know how to run the credit card. I told him I would pay up with the manager in the morning. The next morning I waited till 8:45 am but no employees were at the office. Left info for the manager who I called and talked to about 10 am. She provided all info I needed and was very pleasant. We camped at Gem State RV Park and Campground (formerly Mountain Home KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $34.00

Mostly full-timers with a few sites for overnight visitors. Sites were on grass. It was dry, so not a problem, but might not be good if it had rained. It was a few miles off the interstate but easy access through town. We camped at Gem State RV Park and Campground (formerly Mountain Home KOA) in a Motorhome.

We drove out to the State Park which was really nice. A friend suggested a visit to Silver City but time did not allow.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $37.00

Good overnight park. Three miles off the interstate so it was quiet except for the trains that are fairly close. Very clean with friendly staff. An older and tired former KOA. Had a nice long pull through on grass/gravel. Could not get the Wi-Fi to work but had good cell service so used my hot spot. In a pinch we'd stay again. We camped at Gem State RV Park and Campground (formerly Mountain Home KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Gem State RV Park and Campground (formerly Mountain Home KOA)

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $35.00

Stayed one night here in July while headed to Washington coast . Then stayed here on the way back we liked it so much .Very nice park . Quiet and very well kept . Big area to walk the dog but no dog park . Walmart and others just down the road . Grass and concrete . They water at night ,so don't leave anything out you don't want washed off . We camped at Gem State RV Park and Campground (formerly Mountain Home KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $36.00

Gravel/lawn site, but the back in sites are old paved and fairly level- least #7. Good amounts of TV channels, WiFi a little on the slow side. I can hear the trains maybe 1/2 mile from us. This place seems to be right in town with houses all around it. We camped at Gem State RV Park and Campground (formerly Mountain Home KOA) in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $30.00

Well manicured and easy to find park. Plenty of grass. A very park like setting. Picnic table with grass and trees at each site. Level concrete slabs. They have two on site Wi-Fi towers but I was unable to connect. Single, private showers. Laundry and cable. Leash free pet park is being built. They are also expanding for more sites. Quiet time is 9pm to 9am. Most all sites are pull thru and all sites have a lamp post. We would stay here again. We camped at Gem State RV Park and Campground (formerly Mountain Home KOA) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $34.00

This campground appears to have been a city park campground that has been somewhat restructured. The sites are smaller, with only a few pull-throughs available for longer rigs. The directions on 2 GPS systems were not successful in finding this location, as the streets in Mountain Home have a confusing numbering and directional "system". Numerous full-time units. Small dog fenced-in area. There is a Good Sam park that appeared nicer...we just didn't do the research first. We would not choose to stay here again. We camped at Gem State RV Park and Campground (formerly Mountain Home KOA) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $38.00

Very clean well maintained park. There were lots of permanent 5th wheel and trailers for the worker bees, but not a piece of junk around any site. Finally, a park that enforces the rules. Sites were wide. I would recommend this park to any of my friends. I will stay here again. We camped at Gem State RV Park and Campground (formerly Mountain Home KOA) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $31.00

This is a great park with long pull through concrete pads. WI-FI was excellent, electricity was stable, and water pressure was high (use your pressure regulator). We would stay here again. We camped at Gem State RV Park and Campground (formerly Mountain Home KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $32.00

Not fancy, but offers shade which I needed. The manager was very attentive and even asked about my medic alert bracelet. She wanted to be sure that I had the info I would need in case of an emergency. This is the first time that has happened, and I appreciated the gesture. Would stay here again for the shade. We camped at Gem State RV Park and Campground (formerly Mountain Home KOA) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $35.00

Whatever you do, DO NOT stop in this park. I have been camping at KOA's since the 60's and this is a sad pathetic park. The managers are rude and nasty. We opted for the KOA promise that you can get a refund if you ask for it in less than an hour. I have never been so disappointed in a KOA in my life. We almost got charged $27.00 because she accused me of writing down the Wi-Fi code and didn't believe me when I told her we hadn't even opened the rig yet so there was no way I could have used it. NEVER AGAIN! There are other parks in the area. We camped at Gem State RV Park and Campground (formerly Mountain Home KOA) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $28.00

Stayed for 2 weeks and enjoyed the peace and quiet at this park. Although it has seen better days, the sites were level and the utilities worked great. The showers, restrooms, laundry and lounge area are some of the cleanest we've ever seen. If you need a fancy place, it may not be for you. But, if you're looking for a friendly, clean and safe park, We give it two thumbs up. We would stay here again. We camped at Gem State RV Park and Campground (formerly Mountain Home KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $38.00

Overall this was a great RV park. The hosts were very friendly and helpful. Some areas of the park were starting to look a little rough around the edges, especially the K9 playground mentioned on their website. This area was showing it's age. The park itself was pretty quiet. You could occasionally hear a train go through a few blocks away. This didn't really bother us since it was warm enough that we had the AC on. I would recommend this park if you're traveling through Mountain Home. We camped at Gem State RV Park and Campground (formerly Mountain Home KOA) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $35.00

Nice campground, friendly staff. Large pull through sites. Dog park for the dogs to run loose in. Plenty of shade. Would stay again next time in the area. We camped at Gem State RV Park and Campground (formerly Mountain Home KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Gem State RV Park and Campground (formerly Mountain Home KOA) ?