Garrity RV Park

• Recreation Room Recreation Room no
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $13.00

As a traveler, I have come to rely upon reviews here at rvparkreviews.com and generally I find them to reasonably reflect the parks I visit. That said, I've NEVER seen a park with such a bad run of reviews as this one. Frankly, it prompted me to pick up the phone, speak with the owner (who is VERY nice) and after my discussion, I decided to come and visit. Lets set a realistic perspective first - Nampa is part of the Treasure Valley, next to Boise, in my view, this is NOT a resort area and I expected no park amenities; all I wanted (and received) was a safe/quiet place to park for the night as I did what I had to do in this region. It is an urban - but not an inner city setting. The owners are in their 3rd year, the husband is with the sheriffs dept., hence the police car at the park entrance. Most residents from what I could see LIKE this! There are MANY long term residents in older rv's, BUT, they're well kept, and on a friday night, you could have heard a pin drop after dark! These are mostly honest, respectful, blue collar folks - and I had NO ISSUE in my brief stay. I WILL return next time I'm in this area as most of the other parks charge 3x this parks rate - and provide honestly little more. Major knocks: tight spaces (but I'm in a 38ft and had no problem getting around) - and honestly, the park in Boise that charges 3x their rate also has tight spaces! Dirt and rutted roads, and some of the bathroom doors are in poor shape. BUT, overall, I had no issue with their facilities. Also - and I believe this - the bad reviews that precede this one may have come from former residents who were evicted after the new owners took over and cleaned up their neighborhood - GOOD FOR THEM! We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Nearby Wally world and many restaurants. Go into downtown Nampa for great food; Boise is 15 minutes away.

PJD

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $26.00

We stayed in this park in 2011. It was a great little park. So, coming through this area again, we chose to stay here for an overnighter. What a mistake. We should have checked the reviews on this site first. Fortunately for us, we got the best site in the park. First spot, last row right near a large grassy area. But, unless you like a real run down park with probably 98% questionable live-ins, I would suggest you find a better park to stay in. Even for one night. Can't wait to leave tomorrow. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $25.00

we rang and originally booked for 3 nights. The office was closed when we arrived and we noticed the local Sheriff parked at the gate (incidentally he was parked there the entire time we were in the park)

The Park is mostly long term , questionable tenants and run down trailers RV's with rubbish all over the place.

The pull through site was VERY tight for our RV and we required assistance to get it in. The park manager and his partner were very helpful (thus the 3 star for service)

We did not feel safe in this RV park and decided at 5 am to leave and find another park more to our taste and comfort level.

The office didn't open until 11 am, so we left our credit card number for the one night payment - we should have received the Good Sam discount, however upon looking at our credit card this morning, we see it was processed for the full nightly amount.

We would definitely not stay here again. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $20.00

We stayed here last year and tolerated the barking dogs and questionable long-term residents, but when we returned this year things had deteriorated. Dog poo in our tiny yard meant we had to step carefully every time we went from our rig to toad and back. A neighbor's dog barking woke us from a sound sleep, then a loud conversation kept us from falling back asleep. A neighbor rear-ended his own fifth wheel with his car, knocking it off its jacks, so we worried it could teeter over onto our rig. We also worried about him missing his rig one night and hitting ours, so we moved. We'd prepaid three more days but weren't offered a refund. Wifi wasn't working the few days we were there and the manager (owner?) didn't seem interested in getting it back up and running. This location is mostly a long-term RV park for local workers -- not a place I'd recommend for active travelers. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $25.00

We stayed here a few years ago and it was OK but now I would rate it as the worst RV park we have stayed at in our 6 years of full timing. There is no quiet time at all as the park is full of permanent residents who do not understand what quiet means. There is dog excrement all over and dog noise constantly. One resident actually ran into the back of his 5th wheel, knocking it off the front pegs and he was very inebriated. I would never stay here again. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $13.00

You get what you pay for. This park is mostly full-timers close together in a crowded environment. I think big rigs would have problems due to the lack of space. Not sure I will stay here again. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $13.00

The rate Passport America. The park is handy, just off of I-84, right in town, and close to a huge Walmart and a nice shopping mall. I’ve just said all the good I have to say. The park is mainly filled with permanent residents and the average camper age is probably 15 years old. Sites are narrow and the restroom/laundry was clean (there, another positive thing) but very worn. We spent the night, went for coffee with friends, and decided to abandon our prepaid second night. Frankly, had we not just driven a long day and had made plans to meet friends the next day we would have moved on in the first place. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $13.00

This is a perfect park for a one night stay. It is clean and well maintained. There are a large number of people that look like they stay here all the time but their places are fairly well kept up. The cable was fuzzy. We had a pull-through with 50 amp. We would stay here again. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $23.00

This is with the Good Sam discount, as we were here when the Passport America discount could not be used. The people running the park are nice, and we had a pull-through site. You are quite close to your neighbor but this is fine if you are just passing through as we were. We will stay here again. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $18.00

We stayed here for a week. We had full hookups with 50 amp and a satellite signal. Sites are narrow and we had to park our car side-ways close to the RV. Small grass between sites. A lot of long term vehicles. Wi-Fi was slow. Personnel were friendly and helpful. Good for overnight stays. We would probably try another park if we were staying any length of time. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $24.00

Good place to overnight along 84. The rate and the park haven't changed in years, but the grumpy old man in office is gone. Cable reception could be better, sites are close, and the locals look a little rough. Still, it works for a night. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $13.00

The rate reflects Passport America. It is a large park and was very full. It looked like there were lots of long-term residents and a few had very messy areas. Most spots are pull through although there are some back in. It is right next to an airport but the noise was not a problem. We do not use the bathrooms or laundry so we did not check them out. They have a small store and carry lots of supplies for your sewer connections, black tanks, and toilet paper. This is a good place to stay for a night and we would stay here again. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $23.00

We stayed here for one night, it is a nice park for a stop-over night. The Wi-Fi and Verizon was good, the sites were gravel with grass and wide enough. No picnic tables and road noise was moderate. We would stop here again. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $24.00

A basic, no frills place, like the brusque manager. Mostly long-termers staying here, but worth a short stay especially during the PA season ($13). Summertime has a SKP discount ($20). Co-ed, private bathrooms in the Laundry room get a lot of traffic, so weren't clean by afternoon. Cable tv reception wasn't very good, but VZ aircard was fine. A few spots with partial shade, be sure to ask ahead. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $12.00

The majority of sites look like permanent residents, a little junky looking. We just stayed overnight and got a level pull-through site. We didn't have to unhook our 30-foot travel trailer, but anything longer would not fit. There were about 5 combination bathroom/shower rooms, pretty clean. The laundry room was a good size and reasonably priced. Their Wi-Fi did not work, extensive Cable TV selection. Easy in and out not quite a mile off I-84. My rate is a Passport America rate, which is half price. Even at an exceptionally good rate, I would not stay here again, it is just too junky. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Ambassador RV Resort

Caldwell, Idaho

Boise / Meridian KOA

Meridian, Idaho

Riverhaven Park

Marsing, Idaho

Are you affiliated with Garrity RV Park?