Garrity RV Park

Nampa, Idaho 83687

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Phone Phone yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Garrity RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $23.00

Park sign is obstructed by trees and we didn't see it until we had passed the entrance. Roads are dirt with minimal gravel as are sites. Not enough room to accommodate my 38' coach with my tow vehicle connected. Good steady power with no fluctuations or major low voltage situations. Sewer easy to reach and close to site. Many very old dilapidated RVs with some form of skirting attached. Lots of motorcycles and dogs also live here. Amazingly, the park was very quiet after dark. I was expecting major "partying" all night but it didn't happen on Friday or Saturday. The airport across the street cranked up around 6:00a.m. Water pressure was good (use a regulator) and water was clear with no aroma. The sites are very close together. Restrooms are closed for cleaning from 7:30-9:00a.m. For the money, this place is OK for an overnight or two if you only want basic hook-ups and nothing else. When departing go out the back exit adjacent to the airport. If you use the main entrance/exit there is no stop light and it could take a long time to enter the street. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $23.00

Park is sand and gravel with grass between the spaces. Sprinklers are turned on around 8am and spray into the RV space. Restrooms/showers closed for cleaning until 9am. Seem to be mostly long term tenants and few overnight spaces. Wifi speed is 1mbps. Close to businesses. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand

Within one block are an Air Museum (open Tues - Sun), The Tower Cafe open Wed thru Mon 7am-3pm and 5pm-8pm on Friday, gas and mini-mart, a couple of other restaurants, lounges, and other businesses. Downtown center is approx. 2 miles away and a shopping mall is within one mile of the RV Park.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $22.00

The phone message said we are full for long term stays. We might be able to accomdate you for 1 night. I left a message and the lady called me back in a few hours saying there was a site for the 1 night I was looking for. The park is completely full and I would guess only 3 sites that weren't long term. There doesn't seem to be much availability in that area and most parks are expensive for a 1 night stop over. The park is about a mile off of the interstate on a busy 4 lane road. I had a crowded site. Before 6 AM private planes were taking off from the nearby airport. When I went to leave I hooked up the car planning to move the trash can as I thought I could squeeze out. There were 3 motorcycles parked in front of the trailer in front of me. To my surprise the trash can was maybe a third full of dirt or something heavy. I ended up disconnecting the car and backing out of my pull thru. I hooked up the car and exited out the road in the back near the airport. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Motorhome.

I toured the capitol. There is a WWII museum right behind the rv park. There is a Walmart on the other side of the interstate and a Winco Foods less than a mile away.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $13.00

If I were rating this park on the staff, I would give this a higher rating: they were great. This is an urban, "parking lot" style campground. There was room in our site for the truck, 5th wheel and jeep, but barely. Gravel roads through the campground. Each camp site is gravel with some grass between the sites. Sites are all very level. Most of the sites appear to be permanent campers in various states of disarray. Many had wood or Styrofoam skirting that was partially attached and part with big holes. We didn't care about the age of the campers, however, the dilapidated state of the campground was not good. There were vehicles in and out throughout the night. Good Verizon coverage. It was very easy to get DirecTV satellite. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Garrity RV Park

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $23.00

This review is a copy of a previous review which I agree with. As a traveler, I have come to rely upon reviews here at rvparkreviews.com and generally I find them to reasonably reflect the parks I visit. That said, I've NEVER seen a park with such a bad run of reviews as this one. Frankly, it prompted me to pick up the phone, speak with the owner (who is VERY nice) and after my discussion, I decided to come and visit. Lets set a realistic perspective first - Nampa is part of the Treasure Valley, next to Boise, in my view, this is NOT a resort area and I expected no park amenities; all I wanted (and received) was a safe/quiet place to park for the night as I did what I had to do in this region. It is an urban - but not an inner city setting. The owners are in their 3rd year, the husband is with the sheriffs dept., hence the police car at the park entrance. Most residents from what I could see LIKE this! There are MANY long term residents in older rv's, BUT, they're well kept, and on a friday night, you could have heard a pin drop after dark! These are mostly honest, respectful, blue collar folks - and I had NO ISSUE in my brief stay. I WILL return next time I'm in this area as most of the other parks charge 3x this parks rate - and provide honestly little more. Major knocks: tight spaces (but I'm in a 42ft and had no problem getting around) - overall, I had no issue with their facilities. Also - and I believe this - the bad reviews that precede this one may have come from former residents who were evicted after the new owners took over and cleaned up their neighborhood - GOOD FOR THEM! We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

This park is across the street from the Nampo municipal airport which is home to the Warhawk Air Musium.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $17.00

Great place to stay while we visited family for a couple months. Lots to do in the area like a Fly Museum and we even went to a pool park to play. Had a garbage can out side the front of our motor home to put our trash in and it was taken away when full. Very quiet after 10pm and all came to life after 7am. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Motorhome.

forty-two

This park has been cleaned up by the new owners and is a good place to stay while in this area. There is tons of places to shop or eat that is close by and they have a hospital close by also. When people complain about the police car, it is the owner's as he is a policeman. He runs this place along with his wife. May God bless him n keep him safe.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $12.00

Stayed one night. This is a park full of fulltimers. These fulltimers do not keep their spaces tidy or neat. Lots of older and unkempt rvs. Tall grass and water puddles. Some of the full-timers looked scary. We locked everything up. There is a police car parked by the office, what a joke that is! No picnic table. We were going to do laundry, but we did not. The laundry room was dirty, and the washer had dog hair in and on it. It was quiet in the park at night, which was surprising. We will not return to this park. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

A Walmart and restaurants are close by.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $13.00

As a traveler, I have come to rely upon reviews here at rvparkreviews.com and generally I find them to reasonably reflect the parks I visit. That said, I've NEVER seen a park with such a bad run of reviews as this one. Frankly, it prompted me to pick up the phone, speak with the owner (who is VERY nice) and after my discussion, I decided to come and visit. Lets set a realistic perspective first - Nampa is part of the Treasure Valley, next to Boise, in my view, this is NOT a resort area and I expected no park amenities; all I wanted (and received) was a safe/quiet place to park for the night as I did what I had to do in this region. It is an urban - but not an inner city setting. The owners are in their 3rd year, the husband is with the sheriffs dept., hence the police car at the park entrance. Most residents from what I could see LIKE this! There are MANY long term residents in older rv's, BUT, they're well kept, and on a friday night, you could have heard a pin drop after dark! These are mostly honest, respectful, blue collar folks - and I had NO ISSUE in my brief stay. I WILL return next time I'm in this area as most of the other parks charge 3x this parks rate - and provide honestly little more. Major knocks: tight spaces (but I'm in a 38ft and had no problem getting around) - and honestly, the park in Boise that charges 3x their rate also has tight spaces! Dirt and rutted roads, and some of the bathroom doors are in poor shape. BUT, overall, I had no issue with their facilities. Also - and I believe this - the bad reviews that precede this one may have come from former residents who were evicted after the new owners took over and cleaned up their neighborhood - GOOD FOR THEM! We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Nearby Wally world and many restaurants. Go into downtown Nampa for great food; Boise is 15 minutes away.

PJD

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $26.00

We stayed in this park in 2011. It was a great little park. So, coming through this area again, we chose to stay here for an overnighter. What a mistake. We should have checked the reviews on this site first. Fortunately for us, we got the best site in the park. First spot, last row right near a large grassy area. But, unless you like a real run down park with probably 98% questionable live-ins, I would suggest you find a better park to stay in. Even for one night. Can't wait to leave tomorrow. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $24.00

I just wanted to clarify some of the other reviews because we almost bailed at the last minute. We needed a place to stay as we were driving cross country and this fit the bill. Inexpensive, pull thru, space available, easy access to groceries and the highway. There is a police car here because the owner is a deputy, not because there is crime! The majority of the park are permanent residents but they keep to themselves and the year of RV's doesn't bother us. This is a perfect one or two night stop is a perfectly safe area. You aren't going to plan a family reunion here but if you are looking for an easy overnighter that is clean and safe, you'll be just fine here. Plus, there is 60+ channels of free cable and a great Verizon/Sprint signal for streaming. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

It is with 5 minutes of a mall and within 15-20 of downtown Boise, Costco and every other amenity that you would want/need.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $25.00

we rang and originally booked for 3 nights. The office was closed when we arrived and we noticed the local Sheriff parked at the gate (incidentally he was parked there the entire time we were in the park)

The Park is mostly long term , questionable tenants and run down trailers RV's with rubbish all over the place.

The pull through site was VERY tight for our RV and we required assistance to get it in. The park manager and his partner were very helpful (thus the 3 star for service)

We did not feel safe in this RV park and decided at 5 am to leave and find another park more to our taste and comfort level.

The office didn't open until 11 am, so we left our credit card number for the one night payment - we should have received the Good Sam discount, however upon looking at our credit card this morning, we see it was processed for the full nightly amount.

We would definitely not stay here again. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $20.00

We stayed here last year and tolerated the barking dogs and questionable long-term residents, but when we returned this year things had deteriorated. Dog poo in our tiny yard meant we had to step carefully every time we went from our rig to toad and back. A neighbor's dog barking woke us from a sound sleep, then a loud conversation kept us from falling back asleep. A neighbor rear-ended his own fifth wheel with his car, knocking it off its jacks, so we worried it could teeter over onto our rig. We also worried about him missing his rig one night and hitting ours, so we moved. We'd prepaid three more days but weren't offered a refund. Wifi wasn't working the few days we were there and the manager (owner?) didn't seem interested in getting it back up and running. This location is mostly a long-term RV park for local workers -- not a place I'd recommend for active travelers. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $25.00

We stayed here a few years ago and it was OK but now I would rate it as the worst RV park we have stayed at in our 6 years of full timing. There is no quiet time at all as the park is full of permanent residents who do not understand what quiet means. There is dog excrement all over and dog noise constantly. One resident actually ran into the back of his 5th wheel, knocking it off the front pegs and he was very inebriated. I would never stay here again. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $13.00

You get what you pay for. This park is mostly full-timers close together in a crowded environment. I think big rigs would have problems due to the lack of space. Not sure I will stay here again. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $13.00

The rate Passport America. The park is handy, just off of I-84, right in town, and close to a huge Walmart and a nice shopping mall. I’ve just said all the good I have to say. The park is mainly filled with permanent residents and the average camper age is probably 15 years old. Sites are narrow and the restroom/laundry was clean (there, another positive thing) but very worn. We spent the night, went for coffee with friends, and decided to abandon our prepaid second night. Frankly, had we not just driven a long day and had made plans to meet friends the next day we would have moved on in the first place. We camped at Garrity RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Garrity RV Park

Are you affiliated with Garrity RV Park ?