Sun Tree RV Park

Post Falls, Idaho

3Travelers

This park does not deserve it's Good Sam ratings. It is somewhat reasonable for long-term campers. Grounds are not kept up, trash behind units, clothes hanging on line over night. I would not recommend this park to fellow campers. We camped at Sun Tree RV Park in a Motorhome.

User2521

What a let down! We reserved a week at Sun Tree RV Park from 9/11 thru 9/18/14. We should have known we had a problem when we arrived to find out he expected us the 12th and had to put us in another site that was the neighborhood dog potty area, allowed or not, with very dry, unkempt, candy wrappers and dried leaves. I chose to take my own rake and do my best to rake and clear as to not drag debris into our motor coach. After raking two large piles away from our entry step, I told site manager that I would appreciate it if his park attendant would remove the piles I had prepared for him. I was told he would have him take care of it shortly. Making a long story short, after 6 days the piles are still there. The second morning I moved to our originally reserved site. Many of the guests in the park are full time live in your RV guests. Most of the rigs looked as if they would not have passed an inspection to be able to travel on the highway. Lots of piled up garbage under awnings and lots of dust. Speed limit, 5 1/2 MPH, most park residents drove much faster. After we registered and paid a very high rate we found the park rules state "no refunds". After cars speeding through park, spinning out making dust clouds we were ready to leave after first night. Reluctantly we stayed rather than throw away $225. On the third day I noticed little red bugs climbing all over the back of our motorhome and I emptied a can of bug spray to get rid of them. No such luck. Now we are finding these gross looking bugs in our coach and one crawling on my wife. Again I addressed this matter with the park management and was assured that the groundsman would be over immediately to dispose of the problem. I gave them an hour and finally pulled up roots and pulled up to the office with our coach to hook up our tow vehicle and again have some more words with the manager. He told me he forgot about the grass and candy wrapper piles and just gawked at the bug and tissue collection we gave him in plastic bags from the inside of our coach. No apology, no refund, no nothing. I told him I would definitely note my concerns on RVParkReviews in which he seemed not to care. We have been RVing for ten years spending winters in Arizona and full timers for the last two years. Sun Tree RV Park is the worst, filthiest, over congested park we have ever stayed at. We will never stay at Sun Tree RV Park again. Bad enough being close to a 150 feet from I-90 and a hundred feet from a 24 hour truck stop, this park is a DUMP! This assessment was told to the manager himself with no concern! I am fully disgusted! We camped at Sun Tree RV Park in a Motorhome.

Admiral II

This is a pretty tacky RV Park. There are lots of permanent residents in some of the worst looking rigs I've ever seen. The overnight sites are separated a little bit from the long term sites. The sites are very close together. There are quite a few trees and some grass, but still not a very pretty place. It is close to the freeway, so there's quite a bit of noise. Thank goodness we only needed to stay here one night! There is a Walmart close to here and we wish we had just parked there overnight! We camped at Sun Tree RV Park in a Motorhome.

noelbob

This was an unplanned stop for 2 nights. ("Saw it from the highway." No RV Review.) Staff was helpful in putting us in a pull-through, really a "drive-along." The park is nicely laid out with a lot of shade trees. We were here "after season" so virtually all the guests were permanent. I have never seen that many gray and blue tarps on RV roofs. Despite the "look" it was quiet, comfortable and convenient. Bathrooms 7 of 10. Verizon great. Wi-Fi in Site 52 was good. They do NOT recycle. We camped at Sun Tree RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

toolman560

The park is okay - nothing spectacular. The couple running the place is very pleasant and helpful. Base rate isn't bad but it quickly goes up if there are more than 2 adults in the group - we have 4 children so we had to pay extra for each of them. Setting up a tent for the two older boys cost me extra as well. Nice to get a discount with Good Sam. Pool kept the kids entertained during the heat of the day. Large trees are a blessing - great shade. Not all the sites are level - our table rocked as it sat on the top of a small hill. If the sites are wet, they are very muddy. Pretty much no grass left on the sites we stayed on. Even though we were right next to a hot spot, internet access (Wi-Fi)was poor at best. The washrooms were okay but could use a good cleaning and scrubbing. The floors in the showers were off white with ground in dirt from feet. I always wore flip flops in the showers. I could never tell if the floor in the washrooms were clean because of the color they are painted and the texture of the concrete - looks dirty all the time. Nice open green space for the kids to play. Lots of stores in the area. Was noisy as it's next to the interstate but nothing can be done. We stayed here in July (2 days) on our way through to central Washington and again for several days in mid August on our way home. We paid cash for the August stay in order to get a better discount. We camped at Sun Tree RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

raider49er

There is good news and bad news about this park. Sites and roads are all gravel and somewhat hard to walk on. Many trees which I am sure are great for shade in the heat of summer. However, there are many low hanging branches that will sit on your roof and, in a strong wind, could cause damage. Management needs to get them trimmed so that taller rigs aren't damaged. A few sites are good for satellite but not all. The pull throughs are in rows nose to tail and may be space limited. There are backins that are nice. All sites have 50 amp power. The park is right next to the interstate so it is noisy. But for an overnight stop it should be fine. The staff here is friendly though the guy helping you back in doesn't have a clue and his signals are not all that helpful. Be sure and double check your alignment. We camped at Sun Tree RV Park in a Motorhome.

Sealbch

Sites tight but mostly level. As with most parks close to highway. Fairly well kept, lots of trees to affect taller rigs. All in all better then some of the other parks in this area. We camped at Sun Tree RV Park in a Motorhome.

BruceandKathyWA

Other reviewers have given this park worse ratings, which I feel are not deserved. While it is true that this park caters mostly to permanent residents it is nowhere near as bad as some of the comments would lead you to believe. Yes, it is true that there are a lot of old, run-down trailers in the park, but my feeling is that most of the folks living here are just trying to get by as best they can on extremely limited resources. If you can get past the fact that you might have to share space with some rigs that are not as new or fancy as your own, you might also see that the park has beautiful shade trees, well-tended lawns, a nice swimming pool and convenient location. Our space was a large back-in spot and close to the office so that our WiFi connection was great. While not a destination, we would use this park again if we were in the area. We camped at Sun Tree RV Park in a Motorhome.

DakotaTravler

Power surging, unable to use power hookup. Check out facility before committing, there are no refunds! We were not pleased with this park at all and will not return. We camped at Sun Tree RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Katrina

Lousy. Would never stay there again. Never saw anyone in the office. Too many old decrepit permanent RVs, some with living room chairs outside! Side pull-over (not pull-through) sites not properly marked and leave doors facing road. Right up against freeway so very noisy. We camped at Sun Tree RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

none

Boy, what a dump !!! Gravel roads with huge potholes that are impossible to miss.Many old, rundown 'permanent' residents.Sewer outlet was unusable as it was stuffed full of leaves, cigarette butts, etc.and no lid on it. Picnic tables collapsed, no fire rings, a real mess !! We had stayed here about 15 years ago, and it was a nice park. Not any more. We camped at Sun Tree RV Park in a Motorhome.

PugetSound

Wi-Fi didn't work. Poorest excuse for pull-thru - you pull up along side the utility connections and then the curbside is on the 'street' that everyone travels. Large number of derelict looking RVs (some up on blocks) that appear to have been there forever. Very difficult to get out because of the way 'permanent' residents park their cars, etc. How they got an even halfway good review in Trailer Life directory is beyond me. We camped at Sun Tree RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Sun Tree RV Park?