Sheffield RV & Camping

Rexburg, Idaho

Recent Rate: $23 7/2014

Latitude: 43.7518771979287

sportscoach 1

This place is a poor excuse for a campground. The tree branches scraped my MH coming in, then you are parked in a cow pasture and no one is around until you are hooked up then the owner comes by to collect and the price keeps going up. This place is a rip off and needs to be removed from Passport America. We camped at Sheffield RV & Camping in a Motorhome.

Billys Mom

Not really Big Rig Friendly, the sites are on dirt in the sun, narrow, looking at a barn and a discarded washer. This is in PA book. No tables, no outside sitting. No one here when we got here. Called and was told which site to take. We planned to stay one night only, otherwise we would have pulled out. This RV Park seems to be an after thought of a farmer. We camped at Sheffield RV & Camping in a Motorhome.

physicsdog

No one was available to help me find my space for my big rig - It fit but it was very disconcerting. My door from my RV was about 4 feet or less from the next door neighbor. They said they had 50 ampere power but it was extra. There were no picnic type tables or any type of amenity like that available. I got the impression that the owner and his wife were not really interested in anything but getting their money. I told them that I was dissatisfied with the site and wanted to leave within five minutes of their arrival to my site. They were only interested in the money and made it very clear that they were going to charge me the full amount if I drove away. I should have done that and regret the fact that I didn't. I would not recommend this park to anyone. Pulling over to the side of the road would be better and save you the $23.00. I used my PPA. I really thought I was going to a great place when I read their website. Buyer beware! We camped at Sheffield RV & Camping in a Motorhome.

bobnsandi

We saw this park listed in Passport America and tried to call them before going. No answer! We decided to give it a try anyway, and it is definitely NOT a "big rig friendly" park. We managed to squeeze our 40' motorhome and tow car through the very narrow, rock- & tree-bordered roads. We did not see any site that would accommodate our rig. We found the exit and went elsewhere. We camped at Sheffield RV & Camping in a Motorhome.

sportscoach 1

We stayed here because it was listed in the Passport America directory. I called ahead to reserve a site and was told to just come on in and someone would stop by to collect the fee. This CG was listed in PPA as a 5 star rated resort. What a shock. We should have pulled out but chose to stay which was a mistake. The gent stopped later to collect the site fee that was listed as $17 and he did some math. and my total cost was $24. I called PPA and reported this CG and hope it will no longer be listed. This is a warning to everyone, DON'T STOP HERE. We camped at Sheffield RV & Camping in a Motorhome.

Murphy Horner

If you like to let your pets run free this is the place for you. No leash needed, even for the owners dogs. Very narrow sites and driveway into the park. No grass in the pull through sites. The Wi-Fi was sporadic at best. The rate is based on weekly rate. There is only 1 washer and 1 dryer. Men's restroom was out of order. We camped at Sheffield RV & Camping in a Fifth Wheel.

dkreuter

If you enjoy a quiet spot with cows and open fields, this is a great place to stay, especially for a month or more. Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, Tetons, Island Park, Rexberg, and other places of interest are a day drive away. Regarding the facilities (such as restrooms or laundry) or play areas, we did not have a need for these amenities. I noticed grassy areas and swings. This is a small park with a few long term residents. We have a 36 foot fifth wheel which easily parked. Also we have an active dog. The serene setting made it easy to take walks without restrictions (next RV park we visited would not let our dog on the grass). We camped at Sheffield RV & Camping in a Fifth Wheel.

nbi600

The only thing going for this park is the grass and trees. It is a poorly maintained park and we will now let Passport America know of this. Obviously, the owners wrote up their own description for the PA book. It is all untrue. The gravel interior road is narrow with trees and bushes alongside. Our 40' motorhome got its side scraped. We would definitely recommend large rigs to head for the farthermost area to park, not the first one because you'd never get out of it. Electric was advertised as 50A but we only had 30A. The laundry had one washer/dryer in a tiny, extremely room. The restroom was locked. The gathering "patio" as is mentioned had chair & tables but they were layered in dirt. The basketball court is next to a junk pile & had a huge discarded storage unit next to it that was ready to topple over on a child as soon as a ball hit it - very dangerous. The volleyball court had rusty poles leaning over. There are many outbuildings/sheds on the property along with cabins and houses amidst piles of junk and old machinery. The office was closed when we arrived so we just parked. A gal came up and said she couldn't find the key and they would catch us later. Later never came but because we're honest folks, we left the advertised $17 Passport America cost in an envelope and taped it to the door. We didn't include extra for the air conditioning which is a rip-off. The sites are very narrow and luckily the park wasn't a bit busy (we wonder why?) so that we had some elbow room at the site and also maneuvering into the park. The pull-throughs had no shade but there were a few scattered sites under trees. This park could be wonderful if the road was widened a little and the grounds cleaned up. We noticed a for sale sign so perhaps there's hope. We would not recommend this park but if you decide to go the directions are, from Rexburg and Hwy 20, go south of town 4 miles then a left just beyond MP329 and go across the highway then turn right. Continue straight across the bridge to the campground. Our Verizon Aircard worked for the internet. We camped at Sheffield RV & Camping in a Motorhome.

Nancy & Joe

The price reflects the monthly rate, plus metered electricity. We had some problems with water pressure but they were addressed quickly. We were in a front pull-through where the sites are short and narrow but the back sites are long enough for your tow to park behind. Our Sprint phones and Verizon Air card worked well. The water was good and the 50 amp electric consistent. This park is owned by a retirement age couple trying to run a 100-acre farm with crops and cattle plus the RV park, B & B, and cabins. We saw them work very hard during our stay. They were always very pleasant with us. We enjoyed evening walks along the farm roads past the rushing streams, crops and cattle. Since we grew up around it, the old farm equipment sitting out back did not bother us, we found it very interesting. We camped at Sheffield RV & Camping in a Motorhome.

deca

Uh, well, pretty trashy; crowded and the people here are not that nice. There are few choices in Rexburg. I have stayed at Rainbow Lake, campground before but didn't this time because we missed the exit and were tired. Big mistake. We camped at Sheffield RV & Camping in a Travel Trailer.

Bill C.

First impression - dust. Second impression - junk. We were assured we would get a 50 amp site with full hookups, and the owner told us he would not be at the campground when we arrived. We were told to find our site and set up; we'd be checked in in the evening. We arrived and tried to locate a 50 amp site to no avail. Actually, there were 2 available, but we had passed them before we stopped at the office and started walking around the open sites. The 50% price offered through Passport America was to be $17 plus an electric charge in summer. It turned out to be a $4.50 charge for 30 amps, which we connected, or $6.00 for 50 amps, which we did not find. Total charge for our 30 amp site was nearly $23.00. The campground description in the Passport America book says, "5 Star Rated Resort". Actually, it's a 0.5 star tight, junky park where you might want to spend an overnight if you were in a pinch. We camped at Sheffield RV & Camping in a Motorhome.

Country Bear Boutique

I am writing this in response to the August 2008 of the other RV review written by the unnamed party. I was parked next too the RV Motorhome that is referred to in the other review. The owner was really nice to the guy, the guy had an $800.000.00 motor home towing a new GMC SUV. This guy was so belligerent to the owner, who was really a nice guy. This guy came into their nice park and started yelling at the owners wife, who went away crying. I overheard the owner come out and tell the guy He would gladly refund his money and asked him to leave. I overheard him say that He was drinking and was not going out on the highway. So the owner was nice enough to let him stay. I would not have been so nice. I think Passport America should pull this guys membership-and I hope he gets caught drinking on the road. The bad thing is that He will probable run into someone on the road and hurt them instead of himself. I am so happy to write this in support of the Sheffield RV Park in Rexburg, ID. We camped at Sheffield RV & Camping in a Motorhome.

Davesam

Park is on a working farm and looks like an abandoned junkyard. Laundromat has one washer and one dryer. Dryer takes two hours to dry a single load. Restrooms have not been cleaned. Getting in and out with a big rig is tight getting around trees and junk. PPA book said this is a 5 star resort, if this is true then Motel 6 is a Ritz Carlton. Charge $4.00 a day extra for electricity in addition to the $17 charge for a full hookup. We camped at Sheffield RV & Camping in a Fifth Wheel.

seeyajohn

This campground has limited facilities for larger rigs, and they have somewhat deteriorated and are barely large enough. The only available wifi is near the owner's home. However, the owner was friendly and helpful, and that helped a good deal. We camped at Sheffield RV & Camping in a Motorhome.

cherlark

This park can accommodate big rigs, but some of the sites take some maneuvering to get squared away. We have two slides and had enough room, but a couple of times the awning had to be put away to make room for the vehicle next door to fit between us and a fence. There are several sites around the park with heavy tree coverage, but the pull-through sites are in open, gravel, treeless lots. We were parked behind the office in one of the pull-through lots and the road out had the appearance of a back alley; lots of trash and junk scattered around. It could use some cleaning up. The owner and campground hosts were very friendly and helpful. Rexburg is an interesting town, in that it is almost exactly halfway between Jackson, Wyoming and Yellowstone National Park. Our price reflects a week @ $140. We camped at Sheffield RV & Camping in a Motorhome.

Tucson / Lazydays KOA

Tucson, Arizona

Jim Hogg Park COE

Georgetown, Texas

Thompson's RV Park

Rexburg, Idaho

Are you affiliated with Sheffield RV & Camping?