Mountain River Ranch RV Park

Ririe, Idaho

• yes-lake Waterfront

StevieB1

My wife and I have been here several days, and we don't want to leave (although we must). We love the beauty and the peace and quiet here. If the staff were any friendlier, I'd adopt them - especially the camp hosts, imported from Britain. The sites are roomy, and most have grass, water, and electricity - (there is a sewer dump station). The park is very near the South Fork of the Snake River. Facilities are clean and very well-maintained. Lots of places to walk the dogs. We camped at Mountain River Ranch RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

IllinoisFlatlander

Well, where to start. First of all this RV park is located in the “boondocks” and not close to civilization. I found it rather hard to find. The next morning when I left, I got lost and had to call OnStar to guide me to the highway. Once there I found it confusing trying to determine where the office was located. No one was at the office, so I looked around and saw a trailer that said “manager” or some such equivalent. The camp hosts were very pleasant folks. I was led to my campsite which was quite a distance from the office. Once I got set up I tried to use the WiFi. I wasn’t provided the passcode and had to call the office and had to listen to an automated menu before I could connect to a live person. Once given the passcode the WiFi worked marginally. The roads and RV sites are gravel and very dusty. It was quiet where I was camped. With my AC running it would have to be quite noisy to hear outside sounds. In the morning I tried to locate the shower facility to no avail. I was not given a map of the campground which would have been very helpful. There are no sewer connections available at the sites. I was told that there was a dump station near the entrance. In the morning when I departed, I did not see the dump station and didn’t bother to find out where it was. I just figured it would be easier to empty at my next stop. it was also too pricy for not having sewer hookup. I would not stop there again if given a choice. We camped at Mountain River Ranch RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

mikeb5984

Even though I had a reservation confirmation, the RV Park Admin did not. Someone else was camped in the site I had requested so they put us in what appeared to be an expansion area. Not bad, we were almost entirely on our own, but that did not matter, read on. There are ATV trails nearby and ATV riders rode within the camp, including back and forth past our site even though no one else was camped near us. They were joy riding within the park without regard to other campers. This went unchecked by the RV park admin. Even though we were on the edge of the park, there was a highly used gravel road 2 sites away trafficked heavily by RV park admin Razor ATVs, horse drawn carts and horse boxes (trailers). It was dusty and noisy. The site was extremely narrow. We had hookups on the left and had to step down from our motorhome step because the gravel "pad" was elevated over the dirt (NOT grass) under our awning. The area under our awning was "natural". No effort had been made to level or even smooth the area. After a night of rain there were puddles along with the softball sized rocks to avoid. The vegetation was weeds. No attempt had been made to cultivate the area adjacent to the site. As noted, water and 20/30/50 amp hookups but no sewer. There is one dump station on the RIGHT as you exit the RV park, you would have to exit and re-enter the park for the dump to be on the correct side of a motorhome. While there was a dump station the hose was connected about 10 feet up a pole. It could not be reached without a ladder. The hose was about 6 feet long with no connection. It was just a cut piece of hose. So there is no way to connect a hose to rinse down the black tank with a "magic wand". Dump station was useless. The bathrooms and showers are centrally located in a nearly new building and they were very clean and well stocked/kept. There was one dumpster near the entrance to the area where we were parked. There was constant and annoying noise from either passing traffic near the site, what sounded like motorcycles on the public road, or what sounded like a gun club (skeet range) nearby. We did not observe the source of the noise, we just endured it. The camp "store" had plenty of candy, ice and drinks, but no milk! Come prepared. My impression, being as fair as I can, was the RV park is a work in progress. The showers/restrooms/hookups were all very good. The site was fairly level and gravel, but narrow. I would not consider going back anytime soon. The road out from Idaho Falls (highway 26) was almost all single lane traffic while the road was under construction. They had slurry coated the road in what passed for "surfacing". It was very dusty and getting a motorhome through the orange barrels kept me alert. I went slow enough to prevent wheel alignment damage from the huge potholes. Closest out-of-camp amenities were in Heise about 5 miles away. Signage to the RV park from highway 26 was very good. Maps on their web site only gave us an idea where they are located. There are no GPS coordinates posted and in emails, camp personnel were unable to provide these or tell me the names or numbers of nearby roads to help me get close. I took coordinates from Google Earth and crossed my fingers. This worked pretty well except mapping software would have taken me down a dirt road for the last 2 miles or so. We camped at Mountain River Ranch RV Park in a Motorhome.

Thompson's RV Park

Rexburg, Idaho

Are you affiliated with Mountain River Ranch RV Park?