O'Connell's Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort

Amboy, Illinois

Recent Rate: $65 8/2014

NetteK

This park has a lot to offer. And it could be great if management would actually enforce the rules they have posted everywhere. Rules when you make a reservation, rules on the web site, rules in the front office, rules on the map, rules on the schedule of activities. BUT - most people who camp here break the rules. Quiet hours. What's that? No golf carts during quiet hours? Lie. Map say 7 MPH, signs in the campground say 10 MPH - right! It's the Chicagoland Speedway for all the numerous golf carts! And the dust. WOW. We found the staff to be on and off. Sometimes very friendly and helpful. Othert imes, just acting like we were bothering them. There are a lot of seasonal trailers in the park, and they are very well maintained. My issue is that if I pay $65 a night for a campground, I expect to be wowed. And not nickeled-and-dimed for every event. The mini golf was $3. The course was debris-ridden and on some holes, in disrepair. The mini-golf was typically unmanned. The weekend we camped, there was a fireworks show and that was pretty good. It was longer than I expected and very nice. This park is LARGE. Be prepared to walk. Everywhere or spend $60 a day to rent a cart. We camped at O'Connell's Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Travel Trailer.

rovingnomad100

Wonderful park for the grandkids. They have such a good time here. We have been coming here for years. They used to have WI-FI so I had to use an aircard. Satellite reception was great. The area we stay in has no defined parking spaces so you just park on the grass next to the utilities (although it was quite level). Several pools and lots for the kids to do here. We will definitely come back again and again. We camped at O'Connell's Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Travel Trailer.

dodge guy

We stayed here again for Columbus Day weekend (Halloween weekend). Great time as usual. Excellent haunted house and Halloween activities. Always lots to do for young and old. The golf carts seemed to be more controlled this year, maybe they took everyone's advice. They even stop all vehicle traffic (including golf carts) during trick or treat time, and it`s enforced! We are already booked for next year. Can`t wait! We camped at O'Connell's Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Travel Trailer.

CyberRanger

This campground is designed for young families. Our children are grown so we just used it for camping. None of the attractions were open during our stay. Our site needed mowing. There was a little bit of gravel, but it had been overtaken by grass and weeds. The staff was somewhat friendly. They have very strict rules. We wanted our daughter and her two children to join us for a Sunday evening cook-out just for a couple of hours, but it would have cost $7 per person just for them to enter the campground. I could understand an admission fee if the attractions were open, but they weren't. I will not return to this campground. We camped at O'Connell's Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

trees

This campground was very busy when we arrived here on a weekend. There were kids everywhere, and all seemed to have a good time. Everyone disappeared Sunday afternoon and the week days were very quiet. Staff was accommodating, and gave us a couple of choices for campsites. We picked the longer site, with satellite TV access. Both AT&T and Verizon worked intermittently here, mostly not. Office was dim and musty: it could use a new carpet and some updating. The site itself was fine: everything worked, there was plenty of room, the site was level. We would return. We camped at O'Connell's Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Motorhome.

LauraLu

The website is incredibly misleading. Great park for one night but not for a few. Our Internet and phone service actually literally stopped when we pulled up to the park and started when we pulled away. We paid $17 for Tengo Wi-Fi which had slow and limited download capabilities at the park. The 2 slides are nice; however, they cost $1 per time per slide or $18 per person for an unlimited weekend pass. The 3 pools are very small and crowded at a size of about 30' by 30' but they are cold and refreshing. The site that we had was incredibly off level. We had an issue with out breaker and they fixed it very soon after we let them know. The customer service was great. The night quiet time is not adhered to or managed. Both nights that we stayed, there was loud music as late as midnight as well as people driving in golf carts with loud music and honking and yelling. The thing that bother me the most was that I reserved 3 night 5 hours prior to my arrival without a credit card. The girl who took the reservation told me that I could change it on arrival to 2 nights if I wanted. When I arrived, I was forced to take 3 nights because the clerk told me that: "she couldn't break up a weekend." The next morning, I found out that was not true and was promptly refunded, though. I wouldn't stay here again, but I don't regret my choice to stay for 2 nights. We camped at O'Connell's Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Motorhome.

champeo

This campground was alright, to be generous. The employees were unfriendly, and seemed to scorn the prospect of having to actually do their jobs. The Wi-Fi cost money, but he signal was weak. The slides were good, however, the pools were always really hot, which wasn't very refreshing. The experience wasn't all that great. We camped at O'Connell's Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Travel Trailer.

dodge guy

Very nice campground. Always something for the kids to do. Great "street dance" on Saturday night. Very nice hike around the lake. The pools were crowded, but were manageable. The water slides were good, the kids loved them. All in all a nice campground close to Chicago. We camped at O'Connell's Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Kyle's Mom

We camp here a few times per year and enjoy this park. I have to say I was disappointed this time - our site was very unlevel and being July 4th weekend, lots of intoxicated people on golf carts and driving their vehicles around this large campground. We cautioned our 11 year old son to be very careful going to and from the water slide because no one was obeying the speed limit. This campground puts on a wonderful fireworks show on July 4th and even though this time our experience wasn't as good, our past trips have been thoroughly enjoyable. We camped at O'Connell's Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Travel Trailer.

campingfamof5

We chose this campground on the advice of some friends that had previously been here before. This was our first visit to the campground. Check in was a bit hectic as it was the 4th of July weekend and they were packed. They put us in a site that had a trailer already on it...they had just forgot to put it in storage and promptly moved it. Our site was huge and had 50amp service to run both our air conditioners. The pools left something to be desired. They had bugs, leaves and people's band aids floating in them and they were a milky white color. Needless to say we didn't spend more then 20 minutes in them. In addition the pools were packed and people waiting to get in them, I personally think there were too many people in the pools at any one time. There are no lifeguards or staff watching the pools. The pool houses with showers, bathrooms and toilets were beyond disgusting. We did not use the showers, or bathrooms as they were just plain gross. The roads are all gravel and there was a lot of golf cart and car traffic all weekend causing a lot of dust. The golf cart traffic is not as bother some as the vehicle traffic with the music thumping from it and going above the 10mph speed limit. There were moments when there were some load people after quite time, but not horrible in my opinion. Additionally there were a lot of tent campers too many if you ask me. The positives were the activities, the water slide, the paddle boats and mini golf, the playgrounds and the fireworks over the lake and the fishing on the lake. The camp store was nice and stocked and everything was very affordable. The seasonal sites were very well kept as well. I will say that the campground was very clean with the exception of the pool houses and security was out and about all the time. I would go back again. We camped at O'Connell's Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

jimmbo407

I really like this campground. We live about an hour away and can go for an overnight stay. It has always been clean and the pools are nice. The fishing is good too. The staff is polite and the activities for the kids are plentiful. I have to admit I have never been there on a weekend and can imagine the place can get very crowded. I would say the biggest complaint is that the snake bar is slow, overpriced and not that great. We normally cook and bring our own food however, and I have never had to buy anything at the store except for ice. This is a nice place to go for a couple of days. We camped at O'Connell's Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Travel Trailer.

CAMPERDAD2

I will have to admit after reading the previous posts that we thought we would have a great time during Memorial Day. We were so wrong! This place was terrible!!! PLEASE DO NOT CAMP HERE!! I cannot stress this enough!!! First off they put 4 campers on 1 electrical box that is designed for 2 (hence rolling blackouts). This happened throughout the park to everyone the whole weekend. The pools were a milky color the entire time we were there and not clear (don't know what was in them). The bathrooms were very dirty, smelly and were out of toilet paper or paper towels not to mention the overflowing toilets. The were golf carts and vehicles driving all over throughout the night with many of them driving like they were at a speedway (it was really bad at night). At one point I actually feared for my child's safety at this Yogi Bear Campground. We travel and camp a lot, and I have to say this place is the worst east of the Mississippi River. During the whole weekend we spent most of our time buying ice because of the blackouts. The worst part was when they ran out of ice so we had to go into town to buy it which was pretty far away. The funny thing though was my daughter and I (on a ice run) noticed the out gate was broken. Seemed someone could not handle the chaos at this campground and just went through the gate. The manager could not be found until the last day when we were getting ready to leave. He decided to show up, and said he was caught off guard by these "problems". We thought at first to make the best out of it, but it was so poor that other campers around us had the same feeling. As a father who loves to impress his child with the Yogi Bear parks I beg you not to go to this Campground!! Go to another park, please! We are still trying to get at least half of our money back (after the manager promised ) for over a week now. The Yogi Bear Campground Corporation should be ashamed about this park. We camped at O'Connell's Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Tent Trailer.

dodge guy

This is a very nice campground within 2 hours of Chicago. Has nice grassy level sites, the pull throughs are nice and big so you're not on top of your neighbor. They have 3 pools that are fairly clean (we go a couple of times during the summer too). the cloudyness of the pools that some mentioned, is due to the chemical reaction between the chlorine and sunblock lotion, (I have a pool too). There are lots of activities for the kids. There is a very nice tent camping area back in the woods. Their Halloween weekends are great! The haunted house is excellent, better than most other haunted houses. All in all a nice campground for the Chicagoland area. We camped at O'Connell's Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Travel Trailer.

rv1

This park was very nice and the people were very helpful. The park was clean. Our spot was by the lake: about 25 feet from edge, in a nice shaded spot. The fishing was not very good, just small bullheads. The pools and beach were very good and clean. Lots of stuff for little kids to do, but I do advise renting a golf cart for $60 for the weekend for this is a big park. One day just about sunset, I was fishing and looked up and saw a full grown eagle flying over lake. It was nested in a tree by the camper: very cool! This park is worth the price if you have little kids. We would camp here again. We camped at O'Connell's Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Motorhome.

Shelleyar

This campground is considered a Yogi campground, yet it didn't feel like they did enough for the kids. Has a nice beach. Too much for the weekly camper. We camped at O'Connell's Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Tent.

Are you affiliated with O'Connell's Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort?