Cahokia RV Parque

Cahokia, Illinois

4060 Mississippi Ave
Cahokia, Illinois 62206

Ask fellow campers about "Cahokia RV Parque" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $40.00

I attended the bee conference in St. Louis. This was the closest campground to St Louis. The people in the campground that were managing were very helpful. We camped at Cahokia RV Parque in a Travel Trailer.

pull thru

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $41.00

Check-in was easy, but the price was a bit high for what they offered. We liked that the park was close to town, but the sites were a bit small and a bit close together. We did not have a cable connection, but air reception was good. The water pressure in the showers was also a bit low. Otherwise, everything was OK. The site was level. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the park was quiet and provided a good launching point for our trip to St. Louis. We camped at Cahokia RV Parque in a Travel Trailer.

If visiting the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, it's best to disconnect your travel trailer. We were unable to find suitable RV parking nearby.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $40.00

Many sites are long end to end sites. You can treat them like a pull through if you're not sharing it with another RV. Some are full hook up and some are just water and electric. Choices are limited near St Louis. We called 3 places in Fenton MO and they were full. This place is OK. They even have shuttle to the arch and other attractions. Nice little pool which looked inviting but a severe thunderstorm prevented us from trying it out. I would stay here again. Voltage is OK even though it was 100 when we arrived. We camped at Cahokia RV Parque in a Travel Trailer.

The barbecue joint out front is good stuff. The beer was cold. They give 10% off to campers. Visit the Arch, Missouri botanical gardens, the Saint Louis zoo!

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $40.00

What a dump. Booked my reservation two months before my arrival and I requested a pull-through since this was just a one night stay on our way home. When I checked in, I was given a back-in site and was expected to disconnect my tow vehicle which I did NOT want to do. I pretty much told the owner that I would NOT disconnect and they put me in a slightly longer site. I also had to request assistance to back into my site since they were so close together. The guy they sent to help knew how to direct me into the spot, but was pretty arrogant and unfriendly. There was a dog behind the desk when I was waiting to check in who was allowed to wander free. He came up behind me and when I offered my hand for the dog to sniff, he snapped at my hand. If your dog is not friendly, it would be best to make sure the dog stays behind the desk. If I had been bitten..... The park itself was very crowded, sites extremely close together and there was always a backup of tow vehicles, cars and RVs waiting to get to their site. The gravel roads were filled with pot holes and there was about a 6 inch drop off from the site to the road, making it difficult to back in to the site. And there were mounds of debris scattered around the campground. Bottom line is I will NEVER stay at this RV park again and strongly suggest that you find a better campground. Far too expensive for what you get and in a run down area. We camped at Cahokia RV Parque in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Featured Campgrounds Near Cahokia RV Parque

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $40.00

WiFi is advertised, which is true, but signal is so weak it was unusable. Interior gravel roads and parking pads need attention in the transient section. Most of the park is filled with permanent trailers. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Some sites are back-to-back or can be pull-through when available. This RV park is easy to get to, and easy to navigate with the exception of water hookup is near the road on the drivers side, which requires caution when leaving a site. We camped at Cahokia RV Parque in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring, Patio

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $45.00

this is an older park that just need some upkeep. Not a regular dog walk, but lots of grass. The pool was being cleaned, laundry was a small space with 2 washers and 2 dryers. The office staff was really nice. We camped at Cahokia RV Parque in a Fifth Wheel.

there is a pretty decent BBQ onsite, take advantage of it...

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $41.00

Older park near industrial area. Very small spaces. It rained and water was 4-5 inches deep on our site. Showers have mold growing in them and bugs stuck on ceiling. Restrooms were not clean. WiFi was useless Besides being near St Louis we would not have stayed. At $41 a night we will not stay here again. We camped at Cahokia RV Parque in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $37.00

My wife and I, along with our two boxers, stayed in this park for 3 weeks while visiting our daughter who attends nursing school nearby. The reality is there are few options for RV parking in the St. Louis area. We selected Cahokia RV Parque based upon proximity to our daughter, after visiting other parks in the vicinity, and the overall condition of the park. Our site was level, with all hook-ups working as they should. The site size is what you might find in a typical KOA campground, and was gravel. There was a concrete pad, a picnic table and enough room for our toad. Bathrooms were clean (enough) for their intended purpose. There are a number of full-timers in the park, but that is what we are finding as we travel the country. The park is in an older, economically challenged neighborhood. My wife and I visited a local restaurant, Walmart, grocery store and gas station and always felt safe. There is a huge grass field belonging to a church directly behind the park, so there was plenty of room to run our boxers several times a day. We camped at Cahokia RV Parque in a Motorhome.

Close to everything and especially convenient to downtown St. Louis attractions. There is a lot of history in Southern Illinois so take advantage of all of the free stuff to do.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $36.00

This is an old park, that could use some TLC. The staff are friendly and accommodating. They offer shuttle service to downtown. This is a safe place to stay in a poorer suburb of St. Louis. There was quite a bit of noise by drunk campers the night we stayed. Overall if I had to stop in this area, as an overnight I would use it again. We camped at Cahokia RV Parque in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $38.00

We stayed for a week at Cahokia RV Parque in order to visit St Louis. It was a very convenient location. The owners and staff are very friendly making suggestions of things to see in the area. They offer a very reasonable drop off and pickup option if you don't want to drive into St Louis. Pool was nice and there is a barbecue restaurant on the premises that has decent food. The park was quiet during the week and filled up on the weekend. Pretty typical for the Summer months. There is some road noise and construction going on in the area. We camped at Cahokia RV Parque in a Motorhome.

Close to St Louis and all it has to offer. On the Illinois side of the river don't miss Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site and the Confluence Tower.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $40.00

Bathrooms are decently clean but not spotless. Sites are VERY close together. Location isn't the best - it's in an older, industrial, semi-sketchy part of town and right on a busy highway, so lots of noise from traffic and car stereos. Laundry room is SUPER small - barely enough room to walk between washers and dryers, also is $2.50 to wash and $1.50 for 30 mins drying. That's a little on the expensive side. The staff is friendly and helpful, though. The pool seems clean and the on-site restaurant seems good though I haven't eaten there. For an overnight or couple nights' stay this is a decent value but wouldn't want to stay here any longer. We camped at Cahokia RV Parque in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $39.00

Friendly, helpful people. Clean, well organized park.

We were looking to see the St.Louis Arch and the girl on the desk at the RV park set up the visit of the arch and transportation to get there. She went above and beyond my expectations.

In addition the park was well organized, clean and had many features such as a play ground, miniature golf course and swimming pool, all of which were in great condition and clean. We camped at Cahokia RV Parque in a Motorhome.

The park personnel were helpful in arranging Arch visits and transportation. I could not be more satisfied.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $36.00

Sites are small, we had a concrete patio. No fire pit, but evidence there was one; had to pick up garbage from previous tenants. No picnic table. Park is full of long term residents. Some nice, some lowlifes. Grass needed mowing well over 2weeks ago. From somewhere the street had a river coming down it, asked cause it smelled like sewer. Was told it happens once in awhile. Great location to spend time in St Louie as we did just that. Not much else as far as campgrounds around here so. It is what it is. We camped at Cahokia RV Parque in a Travel Trailer.

Site 40

Visit St Louie..it awesome

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $39.00

We spent 5 days in this park which has a great location for touring St. Louis. The hookups were good. The staff is friendly. The sites are pretty close together and most of the residents are working in the area so the park is very quiet during the days. Some sites were messy. But none of this was a problem because the location is so good. We camped at Cahokia RV Parque in a Travel Trailer.

The on-site Sawmill BBQ restaurant served a good brisket dinner. They are busy at noon.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $39.00

The location of Cahokia RV Parque is great for going into St. Louis; Gateway Arch is visible from a distance. The owner and hosts are very nice and helpful. There is a restaurant on site that has a good reputation, but we did not eat there. The pool was covered because it was not open yet for the season, however it appeared to be a good size and had a nice concrete patio. Bathrooms are very clean and spacious. Laundry was cramped; offers 2 front load washers and 4 dryers and as a convenience propane is sold on location. There is a pavilion that crosses over a pond, but the pond is almost dry. The roads are asphalt and the sites are gravel with a little grass and there is a concrete patio and wooden picnic tables at each site. The utilities were in good working order. However, overall the park itself is filled with permanent residents and some of the trailers are junk. The sites are very close together; our back end was about 8 ft. from the back end of our neighbors. Side to side we had about 20 ft between trailers. Our site was a back in and was rather difficult to get into because of the lack of space both on the site and because trucks all along the road had to parallel park. This park is nothing to write home about, but is good for a one or two night stay. We camped at Cahokia RV Parque in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Featured Campgrounds Near Cahokia RV Parque

Are you affiliated with Cahokia RV Parque ?