Casino Queen RV Park

East Saint Louis, Illinois

200 Front St
East Saint Louis, Illinois 62201

• Casino Casino yes

Ask fellow campers about "Casino Queen RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $55.00

Had to call the phone number 3 times. First time we were told we had to use web site. After using website, put card in it said we “timed out” - redo it. Well they charged our card for that one and the one we finally got to go through. We use to stay out in the parking lot by the semis, for free, and would spend a couple hundred in the casino. Not going into casino having to pay for parking and being ripped off for an extra night. Customer service was not helpful nor very concerned that this happened. But we can wait 5-7 days for a refund? We camped at Casino Queen RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $55.00

I had a lot of apprehension before booking this park. The location, all the area road construction, safety. I worried for nothing, this place is a great base for exploring St Louis. If you are coming from the east just remember exit 2A is a LEFT EXIT. Also, ALL reservations MUST be made in advance as your confirmation email will contain the gate code. The arch view from our coach was amazing and ever changing. Early morning hidden in the clouds, fabulous sunsets and beautifully lite at night. Security watches over the park closely, and also gives shuttle rides to both the casino and metro. You are one metro stop from the arch, and an easy walk or ride to the most amazing view of both the arch and city from Malcolm Martin Memorial Park viewing platform. We arrived on a Saturday mid October and the park had maybe two dozen RV's. I had booked 617 on line but when we got here discovered it slanted too steep downhill which made our first step too high. A quick call to the casino and we changed to 607 which was super level and a better view. We camped at Casino Queen RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Gravel

The whole arch experience is awesome.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $55.00

Stayed in spot 619 on South Side Daily at $ 55.00 Sat, Oct 06 -10. The convenience store is shut down. There are 2 washers and 2 dryers. There is 1 shower stall located in the restroom. The side I stayed on is best for 40' RV's; the other side is for RV's under 24'. On one side there is a public transportation electric train that runs about twice an hour. On the other side is a freight train that runs about twice per weekday and five times each Saturday and Sunday. Security is very good with patrols about every two hours. It is an asphalt parking lot with a well established lawn. There isn't any service to speak of due to there are no employees. We camped at Casino Queen RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $55.00

We stayed on the cheap south side, which had trees but they were mostly in the way. The site was just a bit too short but it worked out fine. All services worked very well. The campground is located in a terrible industrial waterfront area, but it is very close to I-70. Despite all the terrible reviews, it suited our needs extremely well. Special kudos go out to the security guys, who came through all the time, were very friendly and provided us with a ride to the subway stop and a phone # to call when we returned. We camped at Casino Queen RV Park in a Motorhome.

Directly across the river from the Gateway Arch and very convenient to the subway system (one stop from the Arch).

Featured Campgrounds Near Casino Queen RV Park

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $53.00

We stayed here 2 different nights in Aug - on our way to WV and on our way back to St. Louis. Everything is done on line - no camp host. Security drives through every 15-20 minutes. Shuttle will take you to Casino whenever you want and return you back to RV Park. Or you can walk. In the new section, no trees but long sites, level, good air TV and wifi was great. A little pricy but doable. Good buffet during the week. Slots were fun and even paid a little money out to you. Laundry is a little pricey so would do before getting here or after leaving! Would definitely stay again for a day or two. This is not a "hang out" RV park - but perfect for checking out the area or for overnight! We camped at Casino Queen RV Park in a Motorhome.

501 and 618

The sunset over the Arch is awesome! The National Blues Museum downtown; St Louis; the Casino - lots of things to do and see!

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $60.00

I didn't expect much in East St Louis, but this place is pretty bad. WAY overpriced for what you get, and you get to park in what is essentially an asphalt parking lot. Utility placements are at rear of sites, so obviously this place was not designed by architects who owned RVs. The sites are also pretty unlevel, which is inexcusable for an asphalt lot. There are no trees and no grass at sites. I would never, ever stay here again, or recommend to others. We camped at Casino Queen RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $45.00

I was unable to drive down the row my spot was on. Tents and awnings blocked the way put up by other RVers. The only way to get to my spot was to drive through other sites. There is no onsite personal to police the area. Talked to security from the Casino they said they would respond if it was a problem. But you had to use the phone on the wall next to the restroom and closed mini store. No help until you are in the park. The spots were to small for the RVs in the spots. I was one of the smallest and I was in the way both back and front. I did inform them my size when I registered. RV next to me broke their mirror off do to trying to get in their spot. Other RV were hitting branches do to the tight spaces. Shower had a soap slime on the floor and paper wadded up on the floor. Water and power to the site was good and site was level, but you are parked on asphalt. This is a place I will not visit again. We camped at Casino Queen RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

100 row
Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Scraping Branches, Obstacles

There is free shuttle from the park to the Casino where you will find restaurants.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $64.00

We are heading out for a couple weeks and wanted to get to where we wanted to start our vacation sooner rather than later. We called ahead a couple hours to see if they had space, told yes, but EVERYTHING is handled on line. OK, this actually worked better than expected. We went to the website on our smartphone, reserved and paid, got an email moments later with our access code. We are headed west on I70, following the GPS you'll be routed around in what feels like a great circle, that is because it is! Watch VERY CLOSELY for Exit 2A! There are three exits closely grouped, 2A, 2B and 2C. 2A is in the CENTER and the way you are getting to it gives you very little room to merge. First pass we could not get over and wound up crossing into St. Louis proper! Scary as the GPS was giving us all sorts of dire warnings. However there was a semi coming up behind us so we figured if he was OK, so were we. Once across the bridge we very very carefully followed the signs back to 70 East and started over. Made the merge and arrived. The very last turn before the park is also not that well marked and you could wind up with a second circle. A lot of the roads are under construction so that may be a part of the issue. As for the Park itself, it is a very nice parking lot. paved sites, paved roads, our site felt way out of lever when we first stopped, but Level Pro said we were within two inches and the auto-level worked fine. Called the Casino and they sent the shuttle driver over to take us to the casino. The Casino is small, alt least by what I've seen. If you are familiar with AC or Foxwood or Mohegan Sun, this place is tiny, but you can lose as much money here as anywhere. Outside you can see the arch from the CG. we were advised there is a park where you can go to get a decent view over the flood wall, but then we were advised that one should not be in that area, which sadly is what we thought. The negatives of the area are confirmed by the locals. Sad! We camped at Casino Queen RV Park in a Motorhome.

What to do here? If you have a reason to be in St. Louis, this is OK place to stay. For us it was an over night in a secure bubble. I'd use it again if I didn't have it figured to be a couple hours further west or east in my travels. If you want to gamble you are certainly close enough to the casino.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $51.00

An odd place to stay as there is no real check-in. Know your site number and be sure you get the gate code prior to arrival. Great access to St. Louis. Felt very save here. Thought it a bit pricey. Clean baths. Not much in the way of laundry - 2 washers and 2 driers. We camped at Casino Queen RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $50.00

We've been coming here for about 15 yrs and using it as a rest stop on our way to CO and back to NC. Sometimes twice a year. We've been in towing trailers and driving motorhomes with toads. Let's remember this is an "urban RV park" so yes, there is noise from trains, but it's incredibly convenient to all St Louis has to offer. Security will shuttle you to and from the casino and metro station free of charge. They patrol the park regularly. Yes, there is a big fence around the park - YOU'RE IN EAST ST LOUIS! You want security. In 15 years we've never had a bad experience here. I'm sitting in the park now and feel perfectly safe. Things have changed. The nice store is closed and nobody is here in the office but help is a call away. They closed the interstate coming in the other day and dumped us off onto unfamiliar roads but a call to security got us a nice guy who talked us onto the right roads to get to the park. If you want trees and fires, this isn't it, but the park is perfect for what you need here. Choose the site online and think about your particular hookup needs. We've never had a problem with our trailers or motorhomes. I'd give it a ten if the well stocked store was still here. We camped at Casino Queen RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $56.00

I don't understand the low ratings for this park. It is near the railroad but there are spaces farther away. It is a paved lot, but clean, patrolled and safe. The hookups are all very good but at the back of the space. The metro is within walking distance or you can call and a courtesy van arrives quickly to drive you. It is extremely convenient to downtown St Louis. I can't find any other place with such access. So if you are a tourist or like casinos, this park is very good. If you want campfires, social events, and campground activities, there are better choices but they are out of town. The price is higher but fair in my opinion given the location. We camped at Casino Queen RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Take the metro downtown to ascend the Arch...buy tickets in advance.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $55.00

This is a great place to spend a night when traveling. Sites are concrete and park is well kept. It is expensive for a casino park and there are really no amenities other than full hookups. There used to be a convenience store, however that is now closed. Shuttle service to the casino is provided, however it is just a short walk across the parking lot. Park has security patrols and is fenced in. All reservations are done on line and you are given an access code for the gate and restrooms, very easily done. We camped at Casino Queen RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $59.00

What a terrible campground. It's horribly expensive for a parking lot. It's designed terribly, The whole campground slopes down, making it difficult or impossible to level. Even with our front wheels in the air we couldn't get level. Customer service is non existent. You have to reserve online only and you will be sent a code. If you do it while you arrive they send a confirmation but no code. You have to call the casino to get the access code from employees with an attitude. This place is a nightmare for motor homes. you can tell by the steep entrance and exit with all the tail scrape marks in the pavement. THEN you make a hard lean to the right on this weird huge hump coming in putting a big twist on your coaches frame. The sites were laid out by a complete idiot. All the services are the very tail end of the spots. Which means either you need many extensions for sewer water and electric. FYI, designers, utilities are not at the rear of most coaches. If you have a toad, you have NO CHANCE of hooking up while attached. This place looks like a prison camp. Completely fenced in with a permanent security tower at the front gate. THE TRAIN, will shake your entire coach as it's that close by. Want to change sites? Yup call the casino, get transferred , leave a message, wait for call back. They place low hanging street lamps over the roadway, easily hit by coaches, use caution. This place is a complete rip off, we would never camp here again. We camped at Casino Queen RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $53.00

Unfortunately, our schedule and mileage/time per day put us in St. Louis so we could not avoid paying this too high rate for this time of year. I guess, because some RV customers use the park to sight see St. Louis, the casino charges more than the typical casino RV park. We have been here before, but that was probably 20 years ago. We managed to get a FHU, pull through site in the newer side of the park. This side of the park is satellite TV friendly and there were plenty of OTA channels. The Wi-Fi worked fine for our minimal (e-mail and web surfing) needs. The bathrooms were clean and seemed adequate for this park. I saw no signs of recycling. We camped at Casino Queen RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $57.00

This is one big rip-off. $57.00 for no amenities, no cable tv, no pool, no picnic table, a store/office that closes at 4PM every day. No attempt by staff to be friendly or helpful. Most of the trash areas don't have a receptacle for it. I question how they are approved by Good Sam. We camped at Casino Queen RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Scraping Branches

Featured Campgrounds Near Casino Queen RV Park

Are you affiliated with Casino Queen RV Park ?