St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA

Granite City, Illinois

Recent Rate: $42 7/2014

ElsieandKen

Stayed here 2 nights in a motorhome in a full hookup pull-through site. Well shaded, good space and interior roads. Hosts were friendly and helpful. Convenient to downtown St Louis. Close to Cahokia Mounds Park. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

AeroScout

This is an OK campground but WAY overpriced. It is in a dusty, noisy, industrial area and the campground is fairly run down. We would not stay here for more than one night. Price reflects the KOA member discount! We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

User3151

Was easy to get to from the interstate. Once in the campground the roads are very dusty and the dust covered everything when a vehicle or even the staffs golf carts went by. Kid friendly with a jumping pillow and nice pool. Showers and bathrooms were clean. They say they have wifi but you couldn't tell because it never worked at our site. There is a race track nearby that was loud along with the truck traffic in the area. Also train traffic close by. We stayed here as it is easy to get to St. Louis. The sites are very close and should be priced lower than what they are. Not many other places to stay. We would probably not stay here again at the price we paid this time. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Cyclonic

I gave this campground a 3 only because of the location, which is an easy drive to downtown St. Louis. Everything on the site worked except the WiFi. The campground itself was in the middle of an industrial area near busy railroad tracks, and there was a dirt bike track nearby that ran, loudly, until midnight. It also had a dirty, run down look to it. I believe the owner's residence is a trailer right next to the office, and it is dirty, overgrown, run down, and the first thing you see when you drive in. There was a bouncing pillow that looked like it had not been cleaned since it was installed, and the bathrooms, while they seemed clean, stunk of sewage, like there was a serious ventilation problem. They also stunk up the entire office. This KOA is OK for an overnight, but I would not recommend it for a longer stay. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Travel Trailer.

User3617

Extremely hard to find this park. Clerk gave me the wrong directions and we ended up in a parking lot filled with water-filled holes. We drove through one accidentally and bent our exhaust pipe. I called again for directions. Luckily, this person helped me find my way. If I'd kept going, I would have encountered a narrow Route 66 dead-end bridge which is never good when driving a 38 foot motorhome with tow car. The campground is in an unattractive industrial area. I knew this from reading previous reviews. I didn't think the area could be all that bad. It was, but I had no other options nearby. Hook ups were ok, but the water pressure was low. Wifi was terrible. Cable was a joke. Throw in the barking dogs next door and the bus/truck engines behind and we had a terrible night. Luckily, it was just one night. Sadly, there were many permanent units, and I feel sorry for those folks who have to put up with this long-term. I'd stay all night at a rest stop before I would return here. Doesn't the KOA franchise have any standards? We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

tethomas

We stayed 3 nights. The campground has gravel roads and gravel sites. The site was easy in/out, full hook up, 50amps, cable and level. The campground was very dusty and the host would not allow us to wash the rig. Dish Satellite was good. Typical KOA, but did not see any children. The campground is in a noisy area and should be priced lower. Trains sounded their horn all through the night and day. Truck noise was heard during the day. On Thursday night it sounded like their was a motorcycle race track nearby that lasted from 6pm to 10pm. Close to St Louis and a Walmart is nearby. FYI, the Arch was closed due to the Government shutdown. We will not stay at this campground again. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

bobber415

Overnight stop. Muddy site, road next to our site had trucks speeding back and forth most of the night. This place needs a lot of help with maintenance. Lots of long term campers. Will most likely not be back. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

chillyvt

A stayed at this park in 1999 and came back to see how it fared. Don't let the surroundings deter you, it's a nice little place, very convenient to St.Louis attractions. The people were friendly, the facilities very clean and well taken care of. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

shane edward

Have stayed here several times and have no complaints. Great place to camp and a bar down the street that reminds me of home. Good people all around. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Tent.

rhudyfam

This camp was clean, but being an older campground, looked outdated and was located in an industrial area. It had all the essentials: roomy lots, convenient hook-ups, laundry facility, and store. We did see a pool, and cabins, and dog park as well, but had no need for these on this trip. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

prs50

Well, you don't have many choices for the St Louis area! When you are trying to find this KOA you are thinking, "What the heck; where am I?" It is located in an industrial area. However, you pull in, and it is like an oasis in the middle of a city. Staff is friendly. Pool was nice. Seems like lots of long term campers/workers here. Close to the monument downtown. I would time it so I could stay somewhere else unless I was touring St Louis. Just not a lot of choices anywhere around here though. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Big Benny

This is a great little park. It's close to all the St. Louis attractions. The park is an older one but it is clean and quite. The host was very helpful with directions and a sent us to a great place to have dinner. They have a jumping pillow that the kids just loved. We will be back whenever we are in the area. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

User2435

Wireless did not work, staff said "never works in the rain". Laundry not available due to water line break, with no evidence it was being fixed. The staff seemed surly. I had no problem with location adjacent to industrial uses. These remain quiet at night. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Luvtheroad

Park was OK for an older KOA but was not in a very good part of town. Cable was good, but Wi-Fi (Tengo) kicked you off a lot. Our site was pretty level and long enough for a big rig. Road and train noise and a lot of traffic down the side road (trucks and school buses). Decent access to St. Louis. Pool closed down for the season. Probably would not stay here again. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

RussellScott1952

We have stayed at many KOA's and this had to be the worst so far. It is a rundown industrial area. There is a truck yard and also a school bus yard near the park and there was a lot of noise from whose all the time. The trucks day and night and the school buses all leaving in the morning and coming back and then leaving again in the late afternoon and then coming back. The park is rundown and very dusty. As a previous reviewer stated there seem to be a lot of full time people who live here and they have canopies over their vehicles. The office staff were friendly and helpful enough toward us and the pool seemed nice but was closed in Sept. when we were there. Considering the constant noise, dusty conditions and the overall shape the park was in we would probably not stay there again. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA?