Granite City, Illinois

Granite City, Illinois

3157 West Chain of Rocks Road
Granite City, Illinois 62040

Recent Rate: $40 9/2016

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Family Friendly Family Friendly no

dfc

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

Older KOA in a semi-industrial area, easy access from I-270. Convenient to activities in St Louis. Owner/operator on site, great service at check in and other times. This was our 2nd stay at this campground, would stay again if in the area. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $45.00

Close to interstate, with friendly staff. Only about 20 minutes to downtown St Louis.

In middle of industrial park and next to noisy race track. Sites very close together. Rained overnight and drainage poor, waded through water to hook up.

Will look elsewhere next time through the area. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

CamperSupport, employee at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA responded to this review

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and for staying with us during your recent visit to the area. Please accept our apologies that you were not as satisfied as we would have hoped during your stay, as we try to be a great park for everyone. While we cannot control the weather, we do our best to make sure our park is in excellent condition and we greatly appreciate your feedback, it always helps us improve. We hope you have safe travels during the remainder of the summer camping season and wish you all the best.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $45.00

I called 2 hours before arriving for an overnight stop on our way throuh the area. I was not told that the campground was a) in an industrial park, b) near active railroad tracks and c) next to a car race track. The noise from the racing was very loud, so we were forced to run AC he entire time in order to block out the noise. I guess the "good" news is that you can't hear the interstate, but that is because the racetrack noise drowns out all other road noise. The site was a decent size and sufficient to stay hooked up. One of the things I thought was odd is that the laundry room is locked up at 7 pm, so if you arrive late afternoon, don't plan on using the facilities to do laundry. We would not stay here again. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Travel Trailer.

A17

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $42.00

We decided to go a night earlier and the girl that answered was very accommodating, but told us we would have to move the next day. No problem, so since we didn't get into the park until about midnight, we found our temp spot and did a partial set up. It was in a "V" spot which meant we were tail to tail with our neighbors and their sewer hookups were about 5 feet from our picnic table, so we asked the next day where our permanent spot was, we were told that we were in our spot. When I asked if we could move, the answer was "no" they were full. I get it that it was a holiday however, we watched two end spots have a different camper every night. It would have been nice to be able to have one of them so that we could have sat outside and had dinner, but no go. It seemed that the worker at the desk was having a bad day and was not very friendly. Other workers were very nice, friendly. Otherwise, the spot was spacious enough, shady; the pool was nice, although we didn't use it; the pet area was decent and so was the price. The down side was definitely the mosquitoes! And no fire rings. We didn't noticed the noise from trucks or trains. It was close to St. Louis and Sweetie Pies, which we highly recommend! We camped here in a motorhome. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

C16

Gateway Arch, Carriage ride downtown, Budweiser tour, Sweetie Pies on Delmar Blvd., Forest Park and the zoo there.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $41.00

Entire park is gravel with trees, easy in/out of park, Wifi was excellent and so was cable, sites are long and wide, didn't experience the dust that other reviewers spoke about, girl at check-in desk was plesant. The problem with this park is its proximity to a truck yard (noisy trucks all day long, including the constant back-up beeping), and to a race track for modifieds--nighttime races are so noisy, you can't hear much else, and the races go on until after midnight. Probably won't stop here again due to the noise issue. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $45.00

We stayed 3 nights while visiting St. Louis. I would not stay here again. To get to the KOA you drive through an industrial area with Semi's, fuel tankers, a school bus barn beyond, very unpleasant. The campround itself was old, gravel throughout, many old trailers as well as some permanent trailers with carports. I commented to staff it looked like there were a lot of permanent residents and was told no, they work at the factory, whats that mean? Utilities were fine, sites level, some pooled rainwater in the park. This facility is overpriced in my opinion, though it is the standard KOA rate (often over priced in my opinion). We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $42.00

This is an OK campground but WAY overpriced. It is in a dusty, noisy, industrial area and the campground is fairly run down. We would not stay here for more than one night. Price reflects the KOA member discount! We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $50.00

Was easy to get to from the interstate. Once in the campground the roads are very dusty and the dust covered everything when a vehicle or even the staffs golf carts went by. Kid friendly with a jumping pillow and nice pool. Showers and bathrooms were clean. They say they have wifi but you couldn't tell because it never worked at our site. There is a race track nearby that was loud along with the truck traffic in the area. Also train traffic close by. We stayed here as it is easy to get to St. Louis. The sites are very close and should be priced lower than what they are. Not many other places to stay. We would probably not stay here again at the price we paid this time. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $42.00

Stayed here 2 nights in a motorhome in a full hookup pull-through site. Well shaded, good space and interior roads. Hosts were friendly and helpful. Convenient to downtown St Louis. Close to Cahokia Mounds Park. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $40.00

I gave this campground a 3 only because of the location, which is an easy drive to downtown St. Louis. Everything on the site worked except the WiFi. The campground itself was in the middle of an industrial area near busy railroad tracks, and there was a dirt bike track nearby that ran, loudly, until midnight. It also had a dirty, run down look to it. I believe the owner's residence is a trailer right next to the office, and it is dirty, overgrown, run down, and the first thing you see when you drive in. There was a bouncing pillow that looked like it had not been cleaned since it was installed, and the bathrooms, while they seemed clean, stunk of sewage, like there was a serious ventilation problem. They also stunk up the entire office. This KOA is OK for an overnight, but I would not recommend it for a longer stay. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $46.00

Extremely hard to find this park. Clerk gave me the wrong directions and we ended up in a parking lot filled with water-filled holes. We drove through one accidentally and bent our exhaust pipe. I called again for directions. Luckily, this person helped me find my way. If I'd kept going, I would have encountered a narrow Route 66 dead-end bridge which is never good when driving a 38 foot motorhome with tow car. The campground is in an unattractive industrial area. I knew this from reading previous reviews. I didn't think the area could be all that bad. It was, but I had no other options nearby. Hook ups were ok, but the water pressure was low. Wifi was terrible. Cable was a joke. Throw in the barking dogs next door and the bus/truck engines behind and we had a terrible night. Luckily, it was just one night. Sadly, there were many permanent units, and I feel sorry for those folks who have to put up with this long-term. I'd stay all night at a rest stop before I would return here. Doesn't the KOA franchise have any standards? We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $42.00

We stayed 3 nights. The campground has gravel roads and gravel sites. The site was easy in/out, full hook up, 50amps, cable and level. The campground was very dusty and the host would not allow us to wash the rig. Dish Satellite was good. Typical KOA, but did not see any children. The campground is in a noisy area and should be priced lower. Trains sounded their horn all through the night and day. Truck noise was heard during the day. On Thursday night it sounded like their was a motorcycle race track nearby that lasted from 6pm to 10pm. Close to St Louis and a Walmart is nearby. FYI, the Arch was closed due to the Government shutdown. We will not stay at this campground again. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $35.00

A stayed at this park in 1999 and came back to see how it fared. Don't let the surroundings deter you, it's a nice little place, very convenient to St.Louis attractions. The people were friendly, the facilities very clean and well taken care of. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $35.00

Overnight stop. Muddy site, road next to our site had trucks speeding back and forth most of the night. This place needs a lot of help with maintenance. Lots of long term campers. Will most likely not be back. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $30.00

Have stayed here several times and have no complaints. Great place to camp and a bar down the street that reminds me of home. Good people all around. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Tent.

Are you affiliated with St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA?