St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA

Granite City, Illinois

3157 West Chain of Rocks Road
Granite City, Illinois 62040

Ask fellow campers about "St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA" and nearby attractions.

Uwe

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $44.00

Sites seemed rather close together, but park seemed well-maintained. We did enjoy sitting outside and grilling. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

C1

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $51.00

We stayed for two nights. Quick and easy check-in. Very nice shaded pull-thru site. The night before our arrival they apparently suffered some severe weather but we couldn't even tell. The staff had been working non-stop to clean up. Viewed staff continually moving around making sure everyone was well taken care of. Would definitely recommend. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

co2

The campground was convenient to some local restaurants, shopping and a flea market. Easy access off the Interstate.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $46.00

This campground is located in an industrial area but it is very quiet at night. Upon entering the campground it looks like a normal KOA but the interior roads are gravel as are the sites. The staff are very friendly and although there are a number of long term campers, the sites are kept very clean. This seems to be enforced by the park owners. The sites are very close together divided by a grassy area where the picnic tables are located. There are a number of trees in the park so it is not wide open. If both units have slides, you do not have much room to sit at your picnic table. Our site was level so no additional blocks were needed to level the coach. The water pressure was fine. The price is $51/night without the KOA discount. This is at most a $35 / night campground. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

This location is fairly convenient to downtown and the Gateway Arch; which is why we came here.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $45.00

The site was very level and the length was OK. There are no signs from the Interstate to show the route to the KOA campground or any signs to show how to get back to the interstate. The cost for this campground is too high when compared to other similar campgrounds and similar KOA campgrounds. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $43.00

The park is pleasant, almost entirely surrounded by trees. We enjoyed the bird song. Only in one spot in back can you see any of the surrounding truck lots. There are also plenty of shaded sites, which are more spacious than at many parks. Our buddy site had plenty of space. There is road noise, but not as loud as near-a-highway campgrounds can be; not loud enough to disturb sleep inside our motorhome. Utilities including WiFi were fine. The pool looked very nice but was not yet open when we visited. If you are looking for a campground near Cahokia Mounds and other area sites, this is a good choice. We do not have a tow vehicle, but could have left one connected to our 28-foot motorhome. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

A21

Grocery stores relatively close by.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $51.00

This is a great little park on the Illinois (east) side of the Mississippi. We stayed here for two weeks and did not experience any of the industrial noise problems we saw mentioned. It is an ideal location for visiting attractions in this area; it is minutes from Cahokia, the Great Rivers Confluence and the Corps of Engineers tourable Lock and Dam. It is also easy to get to the Arch and Forest Park museums that are on the east side of St Louis.

The park has gravel sites and ours was level. There are shaded sites if you like trees and open sites if you have a satellite. The sites provide plenty of space between the rigs. There are heavy equipment storage yards around it but all of them shut down around 4 PM so the evenings (when we returned from the day) were quiet. On only 2 of the 14 nights did we hear sounds from the race track several miles away (done by 10 PM). The trains were not close, infrequent and inaudible over the TV.

All in all, the park was a lot quieter that many of the RV parks we have been in during our 11 years on the road. We stayed here in a 5th wheel with a tow truck and chase car and our site was more than long enough. We will stay here again when we return to the area. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Almost all of the "must see" tourist attractions in this area are on the east side of the Mississippi and the east side of St Louis. The main access route to all of this stuff is Illinois route 3: a quarter mile from the park. This park is about 1/2-way between all of it.

Most of the "must-see" attractions in this area are FREE !!!

Same for parking except around the Arch. The Arch is also free unless you want to ride the tram to the top.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $51.00

Arrived after hours. Instructions were ok. Asked for a big rig friendly site when I made reservations. Didnt see one when we arrived but found a site big enough for our fifth wheel. Wasnt quite long enough for RV and truck so had to unhook. (No big deal) Pool wasnt open yet. (Schucks) Sites and roads are mostly gravel. Not far from I 270. All sites, to my knowledge are full hookup. Bathrooms, showers and laundry available. In my opinion this is the most decent RV park in this general area. Will be staying here again. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

C 18

JCZ

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $42.00

Older RV park 1/2 block off of old Route 66. We liked it because it was quiet and peaceful and a bit off of the beaten path. Easy in and out, good hook ups and clean. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

C-17

Spacious, Nearby

We drove in to St. Louis to see the Gateway Arch. Really not much more of any interest in that city.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

While located down a long side road this KOA is still convenient to 270. Well laid out and the park has a lot of roomy pull through. There had been a lot of rain so the grounds were pretty soggy but that didn't keep us from walking around. A nice play area for kids and there's a dog park area (a bit small but functional). Would stay here again. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

E3

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $38.00

This KOA is decent. Not far at all from I 270, some pull thru and some back in sites. Our pull thru site had full hookup with 50 amp. It is located in an industrial area, big trucks going in and out but you shouldnt hear any of this inside with your AC on. We camped at Koa in a fith wheel. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

C 2

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $47.00

We just stayed 1 night passing thru Rt 70E/270. Roadways and sites are gravel and level for a large motorhome. Hookups were adequate, except that our cable connection didn't work. Sites were mostly shaded by large trees, although slightly tight and not well defined - my slideouts hung over my neighbor's picnic table and carpet (who were generous to themselves with their spacing). As others have mentioned, the campground is surrounded by industrial and trucking facilities. However, the campground is ringed by trees and fencing, and we really couldn't see or hear activities at those places. Traffic noise from surrounding highways and railways was moderate and consistent but not very loud. The price was a little high for the campsite size and industrial area of the campground. But it was convenient when needed when none others were available on our route. KOAs usually meet expectations but are not luxurious. Reservations were easy to make and we were led to our site by the pleasant site attendant. My GPS was not able to find KOA either by address or lat/long. That's probably because it's inside the driveway of some type of industrial or construction business area. But it was not hard to find following signs off exit 3A of 270. Under similar circumstances, we would stay here again. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

C09

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $44.00

We have stayed at this park several times and will likely stay again. It's just minutes from the beltway on the north side of St. Louis and convenient for anyone heading west on I-70. Staff is helpful and we were escorted to our site. Utilities, including cable and wi-fi worked well. Site was level and wide enough for our slides. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Travel Trailer.

C05

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $51.00

About 15 minutes from the city. As others have shared, located near light industrial/several trucking company lots, but it was very peaceful during our stay. No problem getting to our site. The young lady in the office gave us an escort and it was an easy access, pull through, full hook-up. Service was friendly and the park was clean and well kept. Even seasonal sites were well kept. Would definitely stay here again if visiting the area/St. Louis. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

C09

St. Louis is a great city. If you like adventure and activity, check out City Museum. Fun for kids, parents, teens, adults...an awesome place to check out.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $50.00

For a journey koa this place will is in neat of upgrade. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Needs update

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $50.00

We stayed here for spring break 2017. We checked out campgrounds all around St. Louis. Non of them had great reviews. We decided to stay here since it appeared to be conveniently located to get in and out of town. We were right. I am not sure why this campground doesn't have better reviews. It was early in the season and the owners were cleaning and prepping the campground. The bathrooms were cleaned and nicer than i had expected. Our 3 kids loved the bounce pad and playground. We received an escort to our site. The roads are wide enough and we had no problem navigating the camp ground with our car in tow. We were given a pull through site which was convenient with the toad. We had a full hookup site. Water was decent. The sites were a little on the small side for the price. But given the limited choices around St. Louis it was ok. Originally we had planned to stay here 2 day then head to another park further south. After checking that one out we decided this one was nicer and more convenient so we stayed here a few more nights. If we come to St. Louis again we wont hesitate to stay here again. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

Quick and easy access to st louis. 15 - 20 minutes to all the things you might want to check out.

Featured Campgrounds Near St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA

Are you affiliated with St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA ?