St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA

Granite City, Illinois

3157 West Chain of Rocks Road
Granite City, Illinois 62040

Ask fellow campers about "St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA" and nearby attractions.

Uwe

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $44.00

Sites seemed rather close together, but park seemed well-maintained. We did enjoy sitting outside and grilling. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

C1

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $51.00

We stayed for two nights. Quick and easy check-in. Very nice shaded pull-thru site. The night before our arrival they apparently suffered some severe weather but we couldn't even tell. The staff had been working non-stop to clean up. Viewed staff continually moving around making sure everyone was well taken care of. Would definitely recommend. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

co2

The campground was convenient to some local restaurants, shopping and a flea market. Easy access off the Interstate.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $46.00

This campground is located in an industrial area but it is very quiet at night. Upon entering the campground it looks like a normal KOA but the interior roads are gravel as are the sites. The staff are very friendly and although there are a number of long term campers, the sites are kept very clean. This seems to be enforced by the park owners. The sites are very close together divided by a grassy area where the picnic tables are located. There are a number of trees in the park so it is not wide open. If both units have slides, you do not have much room to sit at your picnic table. Our site was level so no additional blocks were needed to level the coach. The water pressure was fine. The price is $51/night without the KOA discount. This is at most a $35 / night campground. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

This location is fairly convenient to downtown and the Gateway Arch; which is why we came here.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $43.00

The park is pleasant, almost entirely surrounded by trees. We enjoyed the bird song. Only in one spot in back can you see any of the surrounding truck lots. There are also plenty of shaded sites, which are more spacious than at many parks. Our buddy site had plenty of space. There is road noise, but not as loud as near-a-highway campgrounds can be; not loud enough to disturb sleep inside our motorhome. Utilities including WiFi were fine. The pool looked very nice but was not yet open when we visited. If you are looking for a campground near Cahokia Mounds and other area sites, this is a good choice. We do not have a tow vehicle, but could have left one connected to our 28-foot motorhome. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

A21

Grocery stores relatively close by.

Featured Campgrounds Near St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

While located down a long side road this KOA is still convenient to 270. Well laid out and the park has a lot of roomy pull through. There had been a lot of rain so the grounds were pretty soggy but that didn't keep us from walking around. A nice play area for kids and there's a dog park area (a bit small but functional). Would stay here again. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

E3

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $47.00

We just stayed 1 night passing thru Rt 70E/270. Roadways and sites are gravel and level for a large motorhome. Hookups were adequate, except that our cable connection didn't work. Sites were mostly shaded by large trees, although slightly tight and not well defined - my slideouts hung over my neighbor's picnic table and carpet (who were generous to themselves with their spacing). As others have mentioned, the campground is surrounded by industrial and trucking facilities. However, the campground is ringed by trees and fencing, and we really couldn't see or hear activities at those places. Traffic noise from surrounding highways and railways was moderate and consistent but not very loud. The price was a little high for the campsite size and industrial area of the campground. But it was convenient when needed when none others were available on our route. KOAs usually meet expectations but are not luxurious. Reservations were easy to make and we were led to our site by the pleasant site attendant. My GPS was not able to find KOA either by address or lat/long. That's probably because it's inside the driveway of some type of industrial or construction business area. But it was not hard to find following signs off exit 3A of 270. Under similar circumstances, we would stay here again. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

C09

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $50.00

For a journey koa this place will is in neat of upgrade. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Needs update

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $50.00

We stayed here for spring break 2017. We checked out campgrounds all around St. Louis. Non of them had great reviews. We decided to stay here since it appeared to be conveniently located to get in and out of town. We were right. I am not sure why this campground doesn't have better reviews. It was early in the season and the owners were cleaning and prepping the campground. The bathrooms were cleaned and nicer than i had expected. Our 3 kids loved the bounce pad and playground. We received an escort to our site. The roads are wide enough and we had no problem navigating the camp ground with our car in tow. We were given a pull through site which was convenient with the toad. We had a full hookup site. Water was decent. The sites were a little on the small side for the price. But given the limited choices around St. Louis it was ok. Originally we had planned to stay here 2 day then head to another park further south. After checking that one out we decided this one was nicer and more convenient so we stayed here a few more nights. If we come to St. Louis again we wont hesitate to stay here again. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

Quick and easy access to st louis. 15 - 20 minutes to all the things you might want to check out.

dfc

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

Older KOA in a semi-industrial area, easy access from I-270. Convenient to activities in St Louis. Owner/operator on site, great service at check in and other times. This was our 2nd stay at this campground, would stay again if in the area. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

CamperSupport, employee at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA responded to this review

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again! We are glad you enjoyed your time here again this time around, including our location, helpful staff, and some fun attractions in the local area. We appreciate the great review, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $42.00

We decided to go a night earlier and the girl that answered was very accommodating, but told us we would have to move the next day. No problem, so since we didn't get into the park until about midnight, we found our temp spot and did a partial set up. It was in a "V" spot which meant we were tail to tail with our neighbors and their sewer hookups were about 5 feet from our picnic table, so we asked the next day where our permanent spot was, we were told that we were in our spot. When I asked if we could move, the answer was "no" they were full. I get it that it was a holiday however, we watched two end spots have a different camper every night. It would have been nice to be able to have one of them so that we could have sat outside and had dinner, but no go. It seemed that the worker at the desk was having a bad day and was not very friendly. Other workers were very nice, friendly. Otherwise, the spot was spacious enough, shady; the pool was nice, although we didn't use it; the pet area was decent and so was the price. The down side was definitely the mosquitoes! And no fire rings. We didn't noticed the noise from trucks or trains. It was close to St. Louis and Sweetie Pies, which we highly recommend! We camped here in a motorhome. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

C16

Gateway Arch, Carriage ride downtown, Budweiser tour, Sweetie Pies on Delmar Blvd., Forest Park and the zoo there.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $45.00

We stayed 3 nights while visiting St. Louis. I would not stay here again. To get to the KOA you drive through an industrial area with Semi's, fuel tankers, a school bus barn beyond, very unpleasant. The campround itself was old, gravel throughout, many old trailers as well as some permanent trailers with carports. I commented to staff it looked like there were a lot of permanent residents and was told no, they work at the factory, whats that mean? Utilities were fine, sites level, some pooled rainwater in the park. This facility is overpriced in my opinion, though it is the standard KOA rate (often over priced in my opinion). We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $42.00

Stayed here 2 nights in a motorhome in a full hookup pull-through site. Well shaded, good space and interior roads. Hosts were friendly and helpful. Convenient to downtown St Louis. Close to Cahokia Mounds Park. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $46.00

Extremely hard to find this park. Clerk gave me the wrong directions and we ended up in a parking lot filled with water-filled holes. We drove through one accidentally and bent our exhaust pipe. I called again for directions. Luckily, this person helped me find my way. If I'd kept going, I would have encountered a narrow Route 66 dead-end bridge which is never good when driving a 38 foot motorhome with tow car. The campground is in an unattractive industrial area. I knew this from reading previous reviews. I didn't think the area could be all that bad. It was, but I had no other options nearby. Hook ups were ok, but the water pressure was low. Wifi was terrible. Cable was a joke. Throw in the barking dogs next door and the bus/truck engines behind and we had a terrible night. Luckily, it was just one night. Sadly, there were many permanent units, and I feel sorry for those folks who have to put up with this long-term. I'd stay all night at a rest stop before I would return here. Doesn't the KOA franchise have any standards? We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $42.00

We stayed 3 nights. The campground has gravel roads and gravel sites. The site was easy in/out, full hook up, 50amps, cable and level. The campground was very dusty and the host would not allow us to wash the rig. Dish Satellite was good. Typical KOA, but did not see any children. The campground is in a noisy area and should be priced lower. Trains sounded their horn all through the night and day. Truck noise was heard during the day. On Thursday night it sounded like their was a motorcycle race track nearby that lasted from 6pm to 10pm. Close to St Louis and a Walmart is nearby. FYI, the Arch was closed due to the Government shutdown. We will not stay at this campground again. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $35.00

Overnight stop. Muddy site, road next to our site had trucks speeding back and forth most of the night. This place needs a lot of help with maintenance. Lots of long term campers. Will most likely not be back. We camped at St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA

Are you affiliated with St. Louis N.E. / I-270 / Granite City KOA ?