Leisure Lake Membership Resort

• Beach Beach yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Leisure Lake Membership Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $36.00

This is easy to get to/from I-55. Interior roads are all dusty or muddy gravel. If you are north of the lake you get constant highway noise from I-80 but south of the lake, where we were, the highway noise is much less. Our site had a level concrete pad to park on with utilities well placed. Sites are a decent size with lots of grass. Utilities worked well. Wifi was variable. Verizon signal was good. The attractions for families are a choice of swimming in the nice pool or a very large wading pond. An air conditioned clubhouse with a TV and games. A lot of things have been updated since our last stay two years ago so things are looking very nice. We camped at Leisure Lake Membership Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $35.00

As noted, this is a membership park. We stayed here for five nights and found getting a reservation easy using email during their off season. Staff was friendly at reception and whenever encountered in park. Roads are gravel and can be dusty when dry and a bit muddy when wet. My own observation is a number of contractors, workers, etc are using the park as their home base (with families) and as our site was off main road, a lot of constant traffic flowed past. We had a small back in site going back to back with another RV and one on each side of us (they were optimizing their space). Other areas appeared to have more space between RVs then ours. Appears much to do for families with a man made beach, swimming pool, fishing lake, etc. No dog park however plenty of room to walk around and a 10' leash policy. Wi fi works well but better late evening. There is a $10 (refundable) fee for a gate pass. Plenty of restaurants, box and local shops in immediate area (off US 59). Main item for me with park is location is between two major interstates - I-55 and I-80 which has heavy truck traffic...noise level very high. This is a good location to make your way for trains, etc if coming to visit Chicago area. We would come back again but try to get a different site from a noise and space perspective. We camped at Leisure Lake Membership Resort in a Motorhome.

Shorewood area has many stores, etc. Joliet has a couple casinos nearby. Interstates nearby can easily connect you to Chicago area and surrounding area. Check with desk though for local areas that have trains running to downtown area.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $36.00

Decent campground. A "membership resort" for seasonal campers. Quite a few workers stay here while working elsewhere - construction, etc. Staff friendly and helpful. Interior roads grave. with lots of dust. Nice lake for fishing. Nice laundry room with newer machines, and exercise room with 2 treadmills. Downside - this campground is located in the "pocket" of 2 interstate highway's ramps. High volume of traffic - especially tractor trailers. The noise was loud. Someplace on the highway next to the campground must be a broken concrete divider. Nearly every tractor hit that and bounced with loud noise and vibration. We camped at Leisure Lake Membership Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Our GPS told us to get off of exit 253 on I-55. GPS was wrong. Get off at exit 251. There aren't any directions on the campground website.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $25.00

Leisure Lake is a large, family-friendly, gated place to stay, IF you can get past the reservation process (difficult to get a hold of the reservation person / sporadic and curt responses to calls & emails, but in his defense, he is kept extremely busy with maintenance and upkeep around the park). We did find the office personnel to be helpful and friendly; however, they do not handle phone calls to the resort or seem to help with the advance-reservation process. Perhaps they need to assist him with this??? This is a membership resort which rents sites not occupied by members; many members seem to be there full-time, based on the accumulation of items around their rigs. Gravel roads and gravel sites (at least our back-in site was) with picnic tables and fire rings surround a centrally located catch-and-release fishing lake. Although the sites are closely spaced, with grass between the sites, there is quite a bit of open, grassy space within the park. All the grass in the park is kept neatly cut on a weekly basis. Amenities abound at the campground: Paddle boats are available for use on the fishing lake; several fishing docks surround the lake; a separate swimming pond with a sandy beach and picnic areas; beach volleyball court; basketball court; putt-putt golf; tennis courts; children's playgrounds; large, heated swimming pool; community BBQ's; weekend rock concerts; laundry/shower facility; exercise room; covered community area; special events hall, and a small store with RV essentials located in the registration office. We used Leisure Lake as a home-base for visits to Chicago and the surrounding area, and because of its convenience to the city, would stay here again, should we return to Chicagoland. We camped at Leisure Lake Membership Resort in a Motorhome.

On the weekend, we drove into Joliet, parked for $1 (all day) and took the Metra into Chicago... $8 Weekend Pass is good for unlimited rides on all Metra lines. During the week, we drove into the city, parked free (Monday-Thursday) in a lot along Lakeshore Drive and rode our bikes to the museums and parks in the city. The paved Lakefront Trail along Lake Michigan is wonderful to ride to reach various destinations.

Featured Campgrounds Near Leisure Lake Membership Resort

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

We were looking forward to staying here - but are quite disappointed. The site has very little shade. More importantly the staff could not be less involved or interested in us. I phoned trying to get the wifi code and the man who answered was actually rude in giving me the code. They have no interest in helping us find out about things to do in Chicago. Before we arrived I had called ahead to confirm our reservation and asked about transportation to Chicago. The answer was "we don't know". Would not stay here again. We camped at Leisure Lake Membership Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $36.00

Even though it's a membership park we checked with them and they will rent to non-members if you call ahead and they have sites. We asked for and received a pull-through for the one night. Site 105 was provided and wow, the chalky road dust from other vehicles going back and forth was enough to turn our truck and RV from the original color to white. Anyone know a good RV wash? We camped at Leisure Lake Membership Resort in a Travel Trailer.

As a membership park they have a lot of people living there full-time and while everything was clean it was impossible to sleep in the next day beyond 5 a.m. due to workers leaving for the day. If you're traveling on I-80 go North on I-55 to exit 251, get off and take the service road (Frontage Road) right to the campground.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $35.00

We also stayed here at the end of last year's fall trip in late October. See my 10/15 review for a fuller description of the sites, facilities, and amenities. This is definitely a week or weekend get-a-way for locals during the season. Many sites are taken for the entire season. At this time of year, you press a "call button" at the gate, they respond, open the gate, and meet you at the office. The office is not staffed except when someone needs something. This year we had a back in site at the far end of the lake. Since there is no cable TV, we had requested a satellite friendly site and this site did appear to have a clear view to the south. I decided to scan for local antenna channels and was able to get over 40 Chicago area stations. I settled for using just the antenna. If you are concerned about no cable and lack of channel options, there are a lot here just with the antenna. The site had a grass/gravel entryway but the cement pad was just long enough for our wheelbase. I did need to do some leveling due to a forward to rear downward slope. Like last year, although there are still 100+ RVs in the park, less than half were occupied the night we were here. We had no problems with the Wi-Fi for our minimal ( e-mail and web surfing) needs, but that may be different in a fuller park. There are 2 bathhouses ) with a strange combination of different rooms - shower only, toilet and sink, or all three. There are also bathrooms in several other building in the park. There is a laundry (about 10 machines) in the bathhouse building closest to the entrance. The cost was only $1.50/$1.25 per machine. I saw no sign of recycling. We had little contact with the staff. I can't imagine being here in season, but, at this time of year, getting a FHU site in a nice park for just $35 is fine. We camped at Leisure Lake Membership Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $32.00

Big rig friendly with level sites. GPS could not find campground address so input a street close to campground and easy to find afterwards. Bathrooms and laundry were good. Great place to ride bicycles. Lake for swimming and boating but swimming pool was under construction. No dog park but lots of grass to walk dog. We camped at Leisure Lake Membership Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Walmart and shopping within 10 miles. Chicago was about one hour drive. Navy Pier is great to visit and is in downtown.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $36.00

This is an amazing campground for a single night of for a long-term stay. Although we did not take advantage of them, there were activities galore. The owners/staff was excellent. We were in site 144 and had an unobstructed view of the lake. The campground needs improved signage to lead people in of either I-80 or I-55. Once on Frontage Road it's a piece of cake to get to the campground but finding Frontage is a bit winding route. The internal roads are wide but can be a bit dusty. Surprisingly, we were amazed that everyone seemed to obey the 10 MPH speed limit. Our one complaint was that when we arrived at our campsite, it was littered with cigarette butts! Campers should be advise to clean up after themselves and sites inspected after campers leave. We would go back here in a heartbeat, however! Well worth the value. We camped at Leisure Lake Membership Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $36.00

It is easy to get in/out of this park. Roads are dirt and very dusty. Must be a Good Sam member to stay here. You park on a concrete pad but stone leading to it. Small concrete patio with picnic table. Utilities worked fine. WiFi worked well for us but there were not many people around. Verizon signal good. Our site was just big enough for our 40 ft fifth wheel. Clear line for satellite at our site. Gated park and you are issued a key card when checking in. Nice beach on a separate little pond from the lake. Saw quite a few people fishing in the lake. We would stay here again. We camped at Leisure Lake Membership Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $35.00

Let me preface this review by saying that we got here on a cold, windy, raining afternoon and I did not get a chance to walk around this large park until it was almost dark. So, my comments are not all going to be backed by a clear visual inspection of the facilities and amenities. Like the other fellow who reviewed this park in October, our stay was during the off season when the park was fairly empty and many things were no longer in service. We had a long, fairly level, gravel, FHU site. Most sites are FHU, but there are about 50 with just W&E on the north and south sides of the park. We had to pull all the way forward in the site to get satellite service but that made the sewer unreachable. Once we are ready to leave in the morning, we will just back up and dump then Most sites are back-ins and apparently seasonal/extended stay sites. There is no cable TV, but there are about 10 over the air channels. We had no problems with their 802.11 network. As others have noted, there are a ton of recreational facilities: a very large pool, a fishing lake with piers and boat dock, a swimming pond with a beach, tennis courts, basketball courts, volleyball courts, horseshoe pits, a large recreation center, playgrounds, a large pavilion, and a mini-golf course. I cannot vouch for the condition of these facilities because of how dark it was when I finally saw them. I had no issues with the man (owner?) at check-in. We had no issues with too many rules (No long list was mentioned when we checked in - what problems are 2 oldies going to cause in the off season?) or dusting roads (It was raining!). This park may deserve a higher rating, but I couldn't see the park well enough or experience the park when it is going full tilt. I do agree with the prior reviewer that staying here would be a completely different experience/park in the summer. I saw no sign of recycling in the park. Once again, we did not "camp here. We stayed here in a RV site. We camped at Leisure Lake Membership Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $36.00

We only stayed here as a stopover for one night. I called the morning of our arrival and had no problem getting a site. It is off season, so the pool, beach area and activities were all closed, but during the summer, I think it is a very busy place with a lot if things to do. Looks like a wonderful family place. Laundry room was roomy and very clean. WiFi was good, and local channels were plentiful. We could not get our satellite to work in our spot but since we were here for only one night, it was not a big deal. The sites were concrete and grass, spacious and the park was very clean. Staff were very friendly. Campstore was sparse, but again, it is very late in their season. The only reason I didn't give it a perfect score was the very dusty gravel roads. I imagine in the heat of a dry summer, it is a nightmare. Most people adhered to the 10mph speedlimit, but it still kicked up tons of dust!! Overall, a very nice campground surrounding a nice lake. Would definitely return. We camped at Leisure Lake Membership Resort in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Spacious, Nearby

We were not here long enough to explore, but we did find plenty of places to choose from for eating.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $32.00

This is a large park, with mostly long term visitors. It is gated. The roads are quite dusty, being gravel, and muddy when it rains. The owner is kind of rude, but check-in staff was friendly. The sites were level, dirt, and tight, mostly back-ins. The park needs a lot of updating and some TLC. The park is located very near the interstate in many spots, so it is quite noisy. There is a private lake for fishing, but you must buy a permit at the office. Some of the permanent RV's and sites are trashy and unkept and need cleaning up. There are pages of rules that you are supposed to abide by, but very few are enforced. There is a laundry on site, but only four washers and dryers for such a large park. They need more. Also there are no trash bins near any of the sites and trash must be carried over to the entrance of the park to be disposed of. We stayed here in a 39-foot fifth wheel, and would NOT stay here again. We camped at Leisure Lake Membership Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Fire Ring

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $32.00

Nice park. Clean. Big pool. Would stay here again. We camped at Leisure Lake Membership Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $36.00

Great place, fishing lake, swimming lake, pool. A lot of seasonal and construction workers but all was quiet. Owner runs a tight ship. Only downside - road is extremely dusty, especially in the overnight area since all traffic goes past these sites. Would and have returned over the years. Would give it a 10 with paved interior roads. We camped at Leisure Lake Membership Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Leisure Lake Membership Resort

Are you affiliated with Leisure Lake Membership Resort ?