Marengo, Illinois

• Recreation Room Recreation Room yes
  • Beach Access Beach Access yes
  • Boat Rentals Boat Rentals yes

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $43.00

I think the park's primary focus it seasonal but we did have an OK site. Truth be told, I would not have wanted the seasonal sites as they were right next to I-90 with very loud traffic noise. Where our site was, you could hear it but not that bad, just a constant back ground noise. I would stay here again if in the area. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

A24

Shopping is not close, closest grocery store was about 5 miles away.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $43.00

This looks like a local community weekend campground, with one section around the canals and large lake, all have permeant RV's. This is gated off. But you still can walk through and enjoy the lake. It seems like there were many used on weekends and special holidays. But there there several that look like they stay there for long term. But this is not the section that short term travels use. They have a separate section for the short term visitors. It is in the front of the park. They have really nice long pullthroughs. We got a site with electric and water only. We were just on overnighter. I would stay here again. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $45.00

We were skeptical due to other bad reviews, but glad we went anyway. Staff were EXCELLENT! Property was beautiful. Bathrooms were amazingly clean and I am terrified of public restrooms. Lake was a typical lake - not a fan of swimming with fish, but the kids loved it and the diving platform was fun. Wifi and Cable were up and running, but we did not hook up to them. We did have a problem with our campsite on day two but the owner handled PERFECT and was very empathetic to our situation. We were so happy with stay we booked next weekend as well!!! We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

19A

Not much to do in Marengo. We brought floatation devices such as noodles and rafts and that was very helpful for little ones. Bring a coax cable for TV hook up.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $48.00

This is more of a Trailer Park than a campground, I originally paid for a month on a space, but due to a family emergency, we had to postpone our camping trip a month. I went back to the office in less than 45 minutes from when I paid, but they refused to give me a refund.

All spaces are packed very tightly together, directly on grass in every spot. They require you to pay in full before assigning you a spot, so if there are any problems they can point at their NO REFUNDS sign. Although they advertise wifi, they will tell you they do not provide it outside of their office, even though none was available when I was in the office; then they claimed it was because of recent tornadoes.

The grounds are clean, but since the trailers are packed in so tightly, and the noise from all of the bulldozers and heavy construction so close to our spot, there is absolutely no privacy or quietness, only the LOUD banging from all of the construction equipment and trucks.

The management is very shady and dodgy, they would not look me in the eyes and refused to work with me. They refused to let me talk to the owner of the campgrounds. I read many NEGATIVE REVIEWS for this campground but unfortunately I went against my better judgement and gave them a try because they were cheap.

Word of advice, do not stay here unless absolutely necessary, and only for a few days top. You will have a much better stay elsewhere. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $46.00

Defiantly one of the most beautiful parks we've stayed at. I've been here multiple times over the years, and while sometimes the rain makes things difficult, It truly is a natural beauty. We usually stay in the bottom section, which is much prettier and more scenic, so I cant really say much about the top but we've never had any issues with our sites. The facilities are kept clean and in good condition and the staff is generally nice (the staff varies from year to year). I would like to mention that the manager, while a bit overly talkative, is a very kind and fair person. The only issue I have is with the WiFi not working properly. I can understand considering how out in the country it is though. Plus I have a hotspot so it doesn't effect me much. In the end I defiantly recommend staying here or at least checking it out. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

If you can get a site down by the lake I recommend it.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $46.00

We were using this spot for a one night stop on the first day of our travels. We had borrowed my brothers travel trailer and this was our first set up. Telling the owners, he accompanied us to the site and gave advice for draining the gray and black lines, etc. We chose this site because it was just slightly off I-90 but far enough away to avoid traffic noise. The campground is heavily wooded, sites were level and well spaced. This is a very well maintained, campground with clean tile showers. The only negative is they advertise wireless Internet but there is a note taped to the front desk that reads, "Internet is down. If you know someone who can fix it let us know." That makes me think it's been down for a while. Other than that we loved this campground and would highly recommend it. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $46.00

This is a nice campground. However, the WiFi doesn't work and neither does the cable TV. We did have cell phone service though. Besides the these two advertised items, everything else was great. We will probably go here again just knowing we won't have any WiFi access. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $45.00

Average campground. Nice friendly staff. Helped us to our site and accommodated our group (we came here for a 3 family outing). Hook-ups and sites were nice and spacious. Sites that we were at were padded and level (not all are). There were many permanents. Shower and restroom facilities were immaculate. There were some nice nature trails for biking and the lake was nice. My issues with the campground was in the upkeep. The grass at all the sites appeared as though it hadn't been cut in months. Combined with rain and standing water around our sites, everything remained soaked for the entire weekend we stayed. There was garbage and dirty underwear in our site's spigot well. Our neighbors also had trash left at their site. The dumpsters smelled and were all overflowing. This was extremely disappointing. The rec hall was old and very moldy. The game room had one game that worked. Some of these things are acceptable, but for a discounted $45 nightly rate, I expected better. We would not stay here again. We camped here in a motorhome. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $45.00

Very nice campground. Staff was very friendly and directed us to our site. This campground is mostly for long term rigs. Took a walk around the lake and it looks like some campers had been there for years. Very clean but some long term sites need to be cleaned up. The short term sites are in the sun with little or no shade. Some pads are concrete and others are gravel. All sites appear to have cable TV, even the tent sites. All short term sites are pull through so it makes it very easy in and out. We used this as a base camp for our stay. Would definitely stay here again. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $45.00

Nice campground. Staff was friendly and helpful. They even took us to our site. The place where we stayed looked like it was more for overnight campers instead of week or weekend long campers. There was a section in another area that seemed to be more for longer term campers. They had a band playing on Saturday night and a small lake to swim in. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $41.00

Impressed with the service from the office - walked us over to our site and when we had issues with the electric, they were there right to solve it. Only downside was the cleanliness with the male restrooms - metal bottle caps in the shower stalls and not flushed toilets - women's restrooms were excellent. Was great to be able to use the canoes and paddle boats - lake was a bit murky with lots of seaweed, but otherwise clean. Noise from the highway was minimal...the bull frogs were louder. Would stay again We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Tent.

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $45.00

Nice large campground. Lots of extended stay, but all very neat. We used as a base camp to commute to St Charles / Elgin Area. Long P/T with FHU. Rate was with a cash discount. Stayed for 6 nights and would stay again. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $39.00

Been a few years since we stayed here. Not much has changed. Paved main road in need of repair. Some sites gravel and a few with concrete pads. Very slow Wi-Fi. Laundry room very clean. The section near lake with gate for rentals is better maintained. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2013 - $45.00

We stayed here out of necessity. We sold our house in March and were living full-time in our RV. There were no other parks open. That being said, it was also off season. The park has many full time residents. The office had limited hours and I got no help when I complained the cable was not working. The Wi-Fi is slow and best when you are in the laundry room. The laundry is small but clean and since there was no one else in the park we had no trouble getting a machine. It is only a $1 to wash & $1 to dry, so much cheaper than the laundromat in town. Not a bad place for an over night stay if you don't want anything more than a place to park. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $43.00

Nice manager, led us to our site. Nice pull through with easy and clean full hookups. Open Midwestern field, side-by-side set up. Perfect for the three days we stayed as I had business meetings near O'Hare. Easy access to I-90 but road noise not too bad. We'll come back when we need to stay near the western suburbs. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort?