Marengo, Illinois

• Recreation Room Recreation Room yes
  • Beach Access Beach Access yes
  • Boat Rentals Boat Rentals yes

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $50.00

If there was another RV park, use it instead of this one. Seriously, by far the worst Wi-Fi and TV ever! Even after calling them, they said they would reboot the router. Nothing improved! Secondly, the "free" cable is analog! Come on people, analog is so outdated. Very snowy and not worth trying to watch. Off air channels were much better. There was a recent 6" rainfall and a bunch of sites are unusable. I wish we would have used a nearby campground instead or had continued our stay at a park in Volo, IL. Interior roads are in need of some serious repair. I'm sorry but I have nothing really great to say about this so called overpriced "resort". People were nice in office but if you use a computer (and who doesn't) or like digital cable, then stay elsewhere because you won't be happy staying at Lehmans. Lots of long term campers. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Motorhome.

A
Concrete, Gravel, Dirt

This place is out in the country and no shopping or eating places within 5 miles.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $45.00

We arrived at 815 pm. The office closes at 8. We tried calling earlier in day but didn't get an answer. We reserved a site, we were not allowed to park in it because it was after 8. The customer service was terrible. I called and confirmed reservation a week earlier, no mention that office closed at 8, or that we cannot have a spot after 8. We had to scramble and find another camp ground. There was also a big, mean dog tied up at a campsite that was trying to get loose. Not a good environment for families. Road needs repair too. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $45.00

OK park. Have never seen the lake side section as I use it as a stop when seeing friends in the area. The pull throughs are long enough and OK to get in. Some in the sun and some in the shade. It just looks and feels like no money has been put into the park for a long time. If there was another park nearby I would probably use it. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Motorhome.

45B

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $43.00

Park is primarily seasonal campers. Transient sites are far from the showers/restrooms.

Cable hookup at our site did not work. When informed of the problem, manager's reply was "it should, its just a cable". Our companion travelers at another nearby site also could not get cable. Fortunately, there are a number of OTA channels available.

Laundry was adequate and reasonable.

WIFI seemed to work OK when used for email and short web surfing periods.

The park is nice looking, pricey, and certainly adequate as an overnight stay. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Motorhome.

A 20

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $43.00

I think the park's primary focus it seasonal but we did have an OK site. Truth be told, I would not have wanted the seasonal sites as they were right next to I-90 with very loud traffic noise. Where our site was, you could hear it but not that bad, just a constant back ground noise. I would stay here again if in the area. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

A24

Shopping is not close, closest grocery store was about 5 miles away.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $43.00

This looks like a local community weekend campground, with one section around the canals and large lake, all have permeant RV's. This is gated off. But you still can walk through and enjoy the lake. It seems like there were many used on weekends and special holidays. But there there several that look like they stay there for long term. But this is not the section that short term travels use. They have a separate section for the short term visitors. It is in the front of the park. They have really nice long pullthroughs. We got a site with electric and water only. We were just on overnighter. I would stay here again. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $40.00

I really have nothing nice to say about this campground or the people who run it. The ladies that run the front desk have no personality at all, will not even look at you when you talk to them, no people skills. They need to work in a DMV. The sites for the campers are all unlevel, the roads are tore up blacktop and the spots are some kind of black gravel that tracks all inside your RV. No swimming pool for the children. I think it's more like a mobile home park. The water stinks so bad like rust and rotten eggs, stinks your whole trailer up. They say they have cable and Internet. I got three channels, and the Internet is worse than dial up. They gave me three different Internet codes; none of them worked. If it came in it went right back out 3 minutes later. They give you a list of rules like your some kind of criminal,

We stayed there 3 weeks. I will never stay there again; a Walmart parking lot would be an upgrade. Spots are all mostly in the sun. Everything they have in the little shop is 3 times the price. If they just had a smile and were pleasant to deal with; they are just plain mean and ignorant. Toilets were clean, showers were gamy and had a stench to them. Another post on here said the same thing about the ladies that run the office.

ps.......do not stay in this place. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

44b
Gravel, Sand

Poor Conditions

Huntley was a nice town with all the amenities you need - Walmart, groceries, restaurants.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $45.00

We were skeptical due to other bad reviews, but glad we went anyway. Staff were EXCELLENT! Property was beautiful. Bathrooms were amazingly clean and I am terrified of public restrooms. Lake was a typical lake - not a fan of swimming with fish, but the kids loved it and the diving platform was fun. Wifi and Cable were up and running, but we did not hook up to them. We did have a problem with our campsite on day two but the owner handled PERFECT and was very empathetic to our situation. We were so happy with stay we booked next weekend as well!!! We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

19A

Not much to do in Marengo. We brought floatation devices such as noodles and rafts and that was very helpful for little ones. Bring a coax cable for TV hook up.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $48.00

This is more of a Trailer Park than a campground, I originally paid for a month on a space, but due to a family emergency, we had to postpone our camping trip a month. I went back to the office in less than 45 minutes from when I paid, but they refused to give me a refund.

All spaces are packed very tightly together, directly on grass in every spot. They require you to pay in full before assigning you a spot, so if there are any problems they can point at their NO REFUNDS sign. Although they advertise wifi, they will tell you they do not provide it outside of their office, even though none was available when I was in the office; then they claimed it was because of recent tornadoes.

The grounds are clean, but since the trailers are packed in so tightly, and the noise from all of the bulldozers and heavy construction so close to our spot, there is absolutely no privacy or quietness, only the LOUD banging from all of the construction equipment and trucks.

The management is very shady and dodgy, they would not look me in the eyes and refused to work with me. They refused to let me talk to the owner of the campgrounds. I read many NEGATIVE REVIEWS for this campground but unfortunately I went against my better judgement and gave them a try because they were cheap.

Word of advice, do not stay here unless absolutely necessary, and only for a few days top. You will have a much better stay elsewhere. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $46.00

Defiantly one of the most beautiful parks we've stayed at. I've been here multiple times over the years, and while sometimes the rain makes things difficult, It truly is a natural beauty. We usually stay in the bottom section, which is much prettier and more scenic, so I cant really say much about the top but we've never had any issues with our sites. The facilities are kept clean and in good condition and the staff is generally nice (the staff varies from year to year). I would like to mention that the manager, while a bit overly talkative, is a very kind and fair person. The only issue I have is with the WiFi not working properly. I can understand considering how out in the country it is though. Plus I have a hotspot so it doesn't effect me much. In the end I defiantly recommend staying here or at least checking it out. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

If you can get a site down by the lake I recommend it.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $46.00

We were using this spot for a one night stop on the first day of our travels. We had borrowed my brothers travel trailer and this was our first set up. Telling the owners, he accompanied us to the site and gave advice for draining the gray and black lines, etc. We chose this site because it was just slightly off I-90 but far enough away to avoid traffic noise. The campground is heavily wooded, sites were level and well spaced. This is a very well maintained, campground with clean tile showers. The only negative is they advertise wireless Internet but there is a note taped to the front desk that reads, "Internet is down. If you know someone who can fix it let us know." That makes me think it's been down for a while. Other than that we loved this campground and would highly recommend it. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $46.00

This is a nice campground. However, the WiFi doesn't work and neither does the cable TV. We did have cell phone service though. Besides the these two advertised items, everything else was great. We will probably go here again just knowing we won't have any WiFi access. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $45.00

Average campground. Nice friendly staff. Helped us to our site and accommodated our group (we came here for a 3 family outing). Hook-ups and sites were nice and spacious. Sites that we were at were padded and level (not all are). There were many permanents. Shower and restroom facilities were immaculate. There were some nice nature trails for biking and the lake was nice. My issues with the campground was in the upkeep. The grass at all the sites appeared as though it hadn't been cut in months. Combined with rain and standing water around our sites, everything remained soaked for the entire weekend we stayed. There was garbage and dirty underwear in our site's spigot well. Our neighbors also had trash left at their site. The dumpsters smelled and were all overflowing. This was extremely disappointing. The rec hall was old and very moldy. The game room had one game that worked. Some of these things are acceptable, but for a discounted $45 nightly rate, I expected better. We would not stay here again. We camped here in a motorhome. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $45.00

Very nice campground. Staff was very friendly and directed us to our site. This campground is mostly for long term rigs. Took a walk around the lake and it looks like some campers had been there for years. Very clean but some long term sites need to be cleaned up. The short term sites are in the sun with little or no shade. Some pads are concrete and others are gravel. All sites appear to have cable TV, even the tent sites. All short term sites are pull through so it makes it very easy in and out. We used this as a base camp for our stay. Would definitely stay here again. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $45.00

Nice campground. Staff was friendly and helpful. They even took us to our site. The place where we stayed looked like it was more for overnight campers instead of week or weekend long campers. There was a section in another area that seemed to be more for longer term campers. They had a band playing on Saturday night and a small lake to swim in. We camped at Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort ?