Glenwood RV Resort

Marseilles, Illinois

Tireman9

Was just staying the night. Camped near entrance gate as I didn't feel like spending the time to drive back to regular camping area. (Long day, 427 miles.) This was my choice as staff offered the regular lots for me to use. Staff was friendly. Had water & electric. Wi-Fi never worked where I was located. Looked like the router I was connected to needed to be re-booted to the Internet. If Wi-Fi worked and maybe if I had seen rest of campground I would feel comfortable with a 7 or 8 rating. Would stay again and would probably go to regular camping area. We camped at Glenwood RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Kansas12

The roads are extremely bad. If that was not enough the water stinks so bad that you can not use it. This is a very poorly run camp. Looks to have potential, but will never make it. Do not recommend this camp. We camped at Glenwood RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Mccaslander

Stayed 4 nights. Bathrooms are pretty rough and neither shower was working in the closest men's room when we arrived. They did get one of the 2 showers working within our stay, but water is stinky. Management is very disorganized and most events were late starting. The pool was completely unsupervised and there were hoards of people swimming in street clothes, eating in the pool, and leaving trash all over. The fishing pond is a joke, but you can fish in the swimming pond. 2 playgrounds and lots of space to drive golf carts/atvs. About a half hour drive to Starved Rock state park. We camped at Glenwood RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Morpauwe

This is a campground with huge potential. That potential, however, is far from being realized. According to one worker I talked with, the owner refuses to invest any money in the park. He said that recent events hold out hope for improvement. In the meantime, the roads are extremely rough. The water is very hard; it smells and tastes terrible. The restrooms had new tile and counter tops, but the old fixtures were re-used even though they desperately needed to be replaced. Restrooms were not clean, and there was zero privacy for using the showers which really were not useable anyways. Staff was friendly and pleasant and helpful. The campground itself was quite nice with lots of grass and many trees. Sites were gravel. My back-in was over 60 feet long and had a new sewer connection. Rate is for Coast to Coast. We camped at Glenwood RV Resort in a Motorhome.

champeo

We have been here several times, because our friends are in a seasonal site, and we usually go on Halloween weekends. The roads are terrible. They are very dusty, and have loads of potholes. I know of a kid there who once had to go to the hospital because he crashed, due to the excessive potholes. The water is atrocious, and the pool is nasty. The rates are much too high for the low-quality campground. I would not suggest going at all. Our first visit was in 2009. We traveled in a Travel Trailer. We camped at Glenwood RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

RCandTheTwins

We are in search of a campground to set a "permanent" park model someday in the near future. We loved the fact that it is a HUGE area though we were sort of annoyed that he put us in the same general area with 2 other tent campers instead of on the other side of the bathrooms where there was no one. The one huge family was quite annoying playing their rap music at 3am; the campground did nothing to stop them. A bunch of permanents had young kids riding gas-powered golf carts back and forth at all hours of the night too. Then during the day, they found it fun to try to spin out right in front of our tent and run each other off the road. Maybe the campground should provide a phone# to report such annoyances? Plus, for such a large, quiet, campground, they really should limit the gas-powered use after a certain time of day or only allow battery operated. Also, the adults who drive them are VERY rude. My kids and I almost got run over as we were walking through the grass to our tent. The bathrooms were ok though the women bathroom didn't even have soap so I left my own for them. The men bathroom had a soap dispenser but my husband said it was broken. They do not clean the bathrooms daily, we camped for 2 nights and there was still toilet paper everywhere. The shower water was nice and hot and the sulfur smell did subside(and seemed to make my hair nice and soft). Also, for the good-quality toilets that they have, we still had trouble flushing them on the first try. I found that most people won't flush them twice an no one checked on them. The pool was very small as was the play-park area. We didn't get to go to either because we got rained on and spent most of the first day drying things out. It would be nice to be given a clothesline between the trees or have them set posts for something like this as well. In all, we had an enjoyable experience and will probably return some day but need to meet more of the locals, who didn't seem too friendly to tent campers, before we make a decision to stay as a permanent. We camped at Glenwood RV Resort in a Tent.

joycem604

Our family camped here and we were extremely disappointed. The roads in the campground are in need of repair. The campground is located near the Illinois River, and in the fall this area is beautiful. We camped at Glenwood RV Resort in a Motorhome.

PapaT96

When we stayed here in late August, the pool was closed to "lower expenses." The Swimming Lake was a slough full of weeds and algae. The roads are connected potholes with a bridge that looks like it could collapse at any moment. The store was closed, even though we were here during its limited open period. This looks like it was a great resort in it's day, maybe 20 or 30 years ago. Now it felt like a old run down mobile home park. We camped at Glenwood RV Resort in a Motorhome.

steve_and_patty

We stayed at this park for the July 4th weekend and it was horrible. The access roads were one big pothole. The dust stirred up by driving on them, was everywhere. The kids were out of control driving the golfcarts/4 wheelers. One thought it was fun to spin around in front of the bathrooms. We had a sprinkler on the road to try to keep down the dust. The sites we were on, were new gravel so the trailer settled the 3 days we were here. One good thing was that the pool was nice. We camped at Glenwood RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

zen_letitbe

This is absolutely the worst park we have ever been in, both in geography and customer service. While there are some sites on the hill with space and trees, to get there you need to cross a concrete pad which can be flooded by the creek/stream below it. We selected and were approved to set-up on one of the front sites: which was bare and boggy but did have utilities and didn't require crossing the "bridge". Four days into our stay we were informed at 6:30pm that we needed to move to another site as they had made a mistake in allowing us to park in this site. We were not allowed to wait until morning and therefore were hitching up in the dusk / dark. We left the park and were penalized on the rate as we hadn't stayed the full week. We went to a Wal-Mart parking lot for the night and then another nearby campground to complete our stay in the area. Can't say strongly enough that you might want to try other campgrounds! We camped at Glenwood RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Bryan & Gina Mallin

I camped here with a group of friends, so didn't really expect much as far as entertainment and activities for kids. It's a good thing too because there wasn't any. If you're looking for a HUGE campground with plenty of privacy (with the exception of the seasonals which were segregated from the over nighters, it was pretty much dead), this is the place to be. I was disappointed with the restroom facilities. They "felt" dirty and could definitely use an upgrade. Also, the water had a strong sulfur smell. The sites were definitely not level. On the other hand, the staff couldn't have been more friendly. Would I stay here again? Probably not...not that it was a bad experience, I'm just looking for better. We camped at Glenwood RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

big greg

We waited 10 minutes for the "check in" phone to respond when we entered because the number to call was busy. From the entrance our site was about 1/2 mile away and the gravel roads are TERRIBLE. You might be able to do 5mph due to many many pot holes. We found no pull throughs and most sites we saw were grass and some very large so you could manage to pull through. Due to lots of recent rain we were told to stay on one of 5 or 6 back in gravel sites to avoid getting stuck. We had to be careful where we walked due to mud. There are many long term residents and several of their sites didn't look well kept. We were attracted to the CG due to it's being an AOR park for $9 plus $3 reservation fee. Doubt we'll return. We camped at Glenwood RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

locorv

The previous reviews are so on target. It felt like being in the twilight zone. We found this resort online. The description said it had a special 4 days/3 night rate of $59. We pulled up to the gate and the place looked deserted. We drove our van around to check out the place. The welcome center and other buildings were very run down. We saw no one around. We couldn't find any campsites. We felt so uneasy we turned our coach around and left. We would never recommend this place to anyone. We camped at Glenwood RV Resort in a Motorhome.

sparks1032

Well I just wanted to update this campground and again say "resort" the road has had the pot holes filled in and the pool is full but other than that this places is substandard. The swimming pond did not look nice enough to let my dog swim in it and the playground equipment looked like left over from a Steven King movie. I was told by a local that this place is great to party on the weekends for underage kids on "the hill" which is the center of the day camping with no shade in any direction. I drove out as well and saw enough to leave as fast as I could. We camped at Glenwood RV Resort in a Motorhome.

cdm74

I live about 45 Min. from this "Resort" I decided to take a drive out and check it out before making reservations to stay for a weekend. Thank GOD I did! Anything I would type about it would just repeat what the other reviews have said. I would not stay here. It looks like the "resort" is a thing of the past. The place is like a ghost town, the swim pond is nothing but algae and weeds. There was no one around that looked like they were actually "running" the park. The office and guard shack and store/trading post were all closed and dilapidated and looked like they had not been used in years. I tried to drive to the rear of the "resort" to check out the overnight sites, but the road was so bad that fearing for the alignment of my Van, I finally just gave up. Do yourself a favor, find a different place to go. This place is a thing of the past. We camped at Glenwood RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Glenwood RV Resort?