Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort

Millbrook, Illinois

Recent Rate: $35 4/2014

RRIJB

We stayed over the easter period with our 3 young kids. We all had an awesome time. Great activities for kids, fantastic putt, putt and playground. The owners and staff are incredibly hard-working, friendly and polite. Happy to help with any requests. We will stay again if ever in the area. We camped at Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Danno

Previous reviews are still spot on. This is a good park for families with kids under 12. Almost all activities are aimed at young kids and there's plenty for them to do. However, the park is expensive as they have to pay a larger staff, plus you pay extra for pets and extra cars, both of which irritate me. Arcade games, pool tables, lunch with Yogi, and some crafts are pay for use too. The park is staffed by local youth who do a good job running all the activities. I only saw one older adult behind the registration desk. Bathrooms needed cleaning. Sites are mostly back-ins among the trees with no satellite reception and no cable TV. Ours had a broken sewer connection and some had no sewer caps. Several sites are big rig compatible, but some trees need trimming and brush the top of tall rigs. The camp generally needed refreshing. If you don't have kids and are just looking for a quiet campsite, I rate this camp a 3 as it's way too expensive if you aren't using the activities. Wristband system is annoying as they fall off in the pool. We'd only stay here again if our young grandkids were with us. We camped at Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Tiny Beast

Lots of amenities - like games & pool and all that stuff. No cable, about 5 channels over the air. Sloooooow internet with limited bandwidth and all this for $59. What a deal. My own bad, we got lost with the help of our GPS and picked a park off the screen because we were tired. Must do better homework next time. This may be a good destination for some, but for the tired traveller? No way. We camped at Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Motorhome.

soccermomof5

We have stayed in this campground every year for the past several years. It is a super clean, well maintained, and well run park! The staff is all mostly young and do a really great job of running it, from reservations to check in,activities and over all customer service. You will see the owner outside all hours of the day and night making sure things are running smoothly. The restrooms were kept up all weekend when we were here, seeing the park was pretty full. I would recommend this park to anyone wanting to have a fun camping experience a clean comfortable atmosphere. We camped at Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Tent Trailer.

jimmbo407

This was a very nice campsite for a one or two night stay or to meet friends. This would also be a very nice place to stay if you were in the western suburbs of Chicago for an event. It is very clean and the the staff is very friendly. There are two pools and plenty of activities. The one complaint I have is the fact that they charge for everything i.e $3.00 charge for a dog, extra car fee, ect. The nightly fee is already kind of high. Honestly for the price I will probably drive 30min further and go to the Amboy Jellystone. The only thing Millbrook has on Amboy is the full hookup sites have a concrete pad for the picnic table. I will go here again if I have a coupon or to meet friends. I camped here on a weekday and left on a Saturday, they were able to keep up with the weekend rush very nicely. We camped at Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Bob & laurel

Very expensive park, everything is extra. We paid $350.00 for two nights at two sites: with (1) popup and (1) tent site. Check in was lengthy, sites are improperly marked and poorly leveled, water spigots leaked. The swimming pool was very overcrowded. Overall overpriced for what was received. Overall, very disappointed. We camped at Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Motorhome.

mmills023

This is a great park! We drove through here at the end of last season and were not sure if we would like it because there are many seasonals. Well, since it is only 20 min from our house we decided to give it a try a few weeks ago. All we can say is Awesome. The place is VERY clean, the staff is friendly and the activities are great. If I had one complaint I would say it was a bit expensive; otherwise we really liked our stay an will be coming back several more times this year. We camped at Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Motorhome.

Mojo 035

Camped here on the last weekend of the Halloween Festival and the park was very busy. We arrived after dark: had very poor site markers, as well as the signs into the grounds. Had to get out and find my site. Pedal cars are pricey. Did like the fact that no golf carts are allowed as we didn't have to keep an eye out for poor drivers. This C.G. is small for a Yogi but none-the-less a nice place! We would go back. We camped at Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Travel Trailer.

pinkjeep

Had a fantastic time. Two of our children, their spouses, and all of our grandchildren were with us. The activities for the kids were great. Saw the bears often and they paid a lot of attention to the kids. The camp workers were all very friendly and really seemed to enjoy what they were doing. One thing I really liked about this park is that the activities are all centered in one location. There are no golf carts. There are two swimming pools, two hot tubs, and a kiddie pool. They have a nice playground. My only negative comment about the park is that in addition to the camping fee, we had to pay $3.00 for our dog. We have never had to pay for the dog before. Other than that, everything was perfect. We'll definitely return. We camped at Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

User847

This is the third Jellystone campground we've stayed at and by far the smallest. We stayed late in the season (the weekend before school began) so the campground was pretty empty and quiet. The restrooms were clean, but one of the comfort stations was old and tired. Most of the roads are paved; some sites are gravel and some are grass. The fire pits are all in-ground (read: no airflow), so starting a fire can be difficult. The pedal car rate here is high, $15/half hour for a four seat. The staff is all very young and rather inexperienced. Here's an example. The park has a wristband system for amenities. On more than one occasion everyone was bull-horned out of the pool for a wristband check. Those with wristbands were forced to wait while those without were dealt with. (Picture cold crying toddlers here.) Meanwhile nothing was said to the family who had their dog at the pool. Too pricey for what you get, but close to Chicagoland so it might be worth it. We camped at Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Motorhome.

chicagogal

We used to camp here when our kids were small and decided to return renting a park model. The campground now has new owners and we did see a big change. The first park model we were given was horrible! The entire unit smelled of sewer after we had flushed the toilet. They admitted that they had not flushed the system and offered us a different park model. The next one was better but not very clean. Both units looked liked my teenager might have run a vacuum down the middle and nothing else. For $160 a night I expect a clean floor and no hanging cobwebs. The park is still very nice. They have a lot to offer for families but the prices are steep. Being older, I guess I am looking at cleanliness more. Why can't the campgrounds paint their bathrooms and other common areas? We camped at Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Campground Cabin.

alkurta

This place is definitely for families and groups who plan to stay at the park for the entire stay. The pool has much too much chlorine, the sites are small and you cannot be shy or modest as the shower curtains do not cover. Hook ups were good but we will not stay here again. We camped at Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Motorhome.

Big Truck

Nice clean park not too far from expressways leading to Chicago. They had 2 swimming pools one heated and a hot tub. They had fun pedal go karts that the kids could rent for $12 an hour. The staff was nice and helpful. We do not like the visitors policy at Yogi Bear parks, $15 per person for family and friends to come and have dinner. We enjoyed our stay and liked the fact that the park is conveniently located. We'd like to rank these parks higher but they are too fee crazy. Camp store also poorly stocked on food items. We camped at Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Truck Camper.

Bryan & Gina Mallin

As I child, I remember staying at a Jellystone Park and it was awesome! There was a never ending list of things to do and, other than Disney's Wilderness Resort, it was what camping WAS to me as a child. We visited this park for Mother's Day weekend 2009. The kids had a blast and the staff, although very young (maybe 16-18), did a great job keeping them busy. In fact, they were almost too busy. Just like I remembered, there was plenty to do. The only problem that I had was being charged for extra people in my camper, extra vehicles and a pet charge. I've never had extra vehicles, people or brought a pet before, so this may be standard everywhere, but I was still surprised. At $58 per night, I didn't think I'd be paying for any extras. My wife, mother and sister all said that the bathrooms smelled and that they felt dirtier after using them. Honestly, I don't know what they were talking about. There was a "smell" to the bath room, but it wasn't that bad and when I used it, it was clean. I was really shocked to see staff members cleaning it at 11pm, something I've never seen before. The staff (both young and old) couldn't have been more friendly. At times, we can be a bit high maintenance but they still had a smile on their face every time they saw us. As I arrived on Friday afternoon, my truck began to spew coolant all over and the staff was kind enough to direct me to a local service center that was open late, on Saturdays and provided me with a free loaner until mine was fixed. Although this campground is a little expensive for me, I'd absolutely recommend it to anyone. If I don't return, the only reason would be because of the cost. We camped at Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Travel Trailer.

pnmhos

Great park. We have stayed here four times in the last two years. Lots of activities for kids, and staff is friendly. A few seasonal sites have older run down trailers, but overall this is a very well kept campground. We camped at Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resort?