3.3 Poor

119 Tomahawk Dr
Pocahontas, Illinois 62275

Elevation: 483' (approximate)
  • Free WiFi Free WiFi yes
  • ATT, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT,Verizon,Sprint,T-Mobile,U.S. Cellular
  • yes-lake Waterfront Waterfront yes-lake
  • Billiards Billiards yes
  • Lake Lake yes
  • Pond Pond yes

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $25.00

I needed to stay for a night as I was extremely tired of driving. I decided to find the closest campground, so I ended up at Tomahawk. The new manager is fantastic and friendly. I was assisted with setting up my electric, water and leveling when I really didn't know what to do. The sites are VERY large and can accommodate probably any size camper around. Well made electric posts with multiple hookups for overnight campers. Not only was there sewer, but also a dump station at no charge on the way out. The internet worked fine on the entire campground, which was free to use. It wasn't blazing fast, but it worked for my needs. Its a quiet place with many friendly people around and I found out it's a year round open campground, which will help me on my next stay in December. I pulled in around 10pm and called the after-hours number on the door and within 1 min I was greeted by staff which was very eager to get us set up and going. A friendly smile goes a long way, and they made me feel comfortable for my overnight stay! Thanks everyone there for the help and friendly service! We camped at Tomahawk Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Many places to go eat around there and definitely go fishing! Bass, Crappies, Bluegills and VERY LARGE CATFISH from what I have seen in pictures and by talking to other friendly campers.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $29.00

We stopped here as it was the closest we could find to meeting friends. We were told we were getting a concrete slab pull thru. It was the most un-level site we had on our trip from AZ to IL. Site surface was gravel, sunny/open, with very close lot spacing. The roads were gravel with potholes. The road to the office from the entrance was quite steep. It was okay, but we won't stay here again. We camped at Tomahawk Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $23.00

We stayed one night as a stop over. The park is fine for one night. We had a pull though in the shade. Lots of long term trailers parked here. No wifi and electric service went out for two hours which might not be the parks fault. If it rained there would have been a lot of mud. Management did not answer phone put walked to office when they noticed us pull in. They parked us away from the long term campers. Dump station easy to get to. We camped at Tomahawk Campground in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: April, 2011 - $20.00

Owner is not friendly. It took a few hours to find someone to sell us wood at the office. The pond smelled of dead fish. Many permanent residents. We camped in a tent surrounded by permanent residents. Whole camp is surrounded by corn fields. We camped at Tomahawk Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $35.00

I will never go back to this one. We pulled in at about 1pm, and the little office was locked and there was no one around. Finally found the guy running the place, but he was very gruff and rude. Their website very clearly stated that they would help with setup, and as we were new to a TT, we asked for assistance just to be on the safe side, but we were met with rolling eyes and made to feel like it was a huge problem. I quickly just said, "never mind, I'm sure we can handle it" and tried to keep smiling. Later that night, they ran out of water! I guess the whole park is run off of one well? There was even a water tower right across the road, but no water for us! The sediment that it put in our system was a NIGHTMARE to clean out, we learned to never go without a filter again. (we had never even seen them until after this incident) The next morning while we were packing to go, they were cutting grass, not even looking where they were going. Which would have been good, because our little Yorkie felt like she was going potty in the jungle, LOL. I started running around, getting our stuff out of the way, and wanted to get the dogie leash and stake up before he ran it over and damaged his big mower. So there I am packing stuff in the van, and on the next pass, the kid blew grass all up on me and inside my van. I'm really not easily ticked, but this place was just over the top! We camped at Tomahawk Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2008 - $20.00

Looking at the campground's web site, we expected a nice campground. That's not what we found. The person who checked us in was not friendly. The showers and bathroom were closed because they had painted them that day. It would seem reasonable that this would be done prior to the camping season. We made a reservation and told them we would be in a pop up, so they knew we were coming. We had to use a small bathroom off their Recreation room. The bathroom was dirty. Their were no showers. If a person wants to swim in one of their ponds/lakes, you'll have to pay extra, showers had we been able to use them are an extra cost, running your air conditioning is an extra cost. The mosquitos were terrible. We couldn't wait to get out of this campground. We would have left when we got there had we been sure that we wouldn't get charged. We wouldn't stay their again. It's off the beaten path and quiet, so if that's what you're looking for, check it out at your own risk, just be ready to pay and hopefully you'll have a better bathroom to use. We camped at Tomahawk Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Tomahawk Campground ?