Add-More Campground

Clarksville, Indiana

Gary T

The park is in a good location if you are visiting the Louisville, KY area. Plenty of shopping choices and restaurants nearby. The park is near I-65; therefore, a fair amount of highway noise. The sites are narrow but we didn't have anyone on either side of our unit. The restrooms could use some updating but were clean. All our utilities worked well. I believe the nightly rate is overpriced for what they offer. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

ssantow

Pull thru sites used to be two back in sites. Long enough but somewhat narrow. Over priced for the amenities provided. Many seasonal or permanent residents. WiFi was slow but free. Sat reception was fair. My Dish Traveler picked up 110 and 119 but not 129, so no HD. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Motorhome.

esta34950

Owners friendly. We came in on a Sunday and called ahead. The office was closed but paperwork was left on the door for us. Very bare bones campground. The laundry room was clean and neat; did not use the bathrooms. No pool or any other amenities. Really should be $20 a night. I would have rated it higher if the price reflected the value. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Motorhome.

napoleon1168

Very nice and very quiet park. Extremely close to Louisville and in the "shopping district" so very close (5 min) to many varied eating and shopping establishments. However, despite the "we're glad you're here" sign welcoming us, there were "don't do this" and "don't do that" signs throughout the park. It is as if every time someone did something the owners didn't like, they put up a sign for it. We were charged $5 extra for each of the kids, even though one of them is 15 and one is 12 and neither of them are likely to damage anything. We are a nice quiet family so the stay was great. The woman that made our reservations was curt on the phone, but actually very nice in person. This park is great if you are quiet travelers. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Travel Trailer.

OTR-again

First off, since this is increasingly a swipe-the-plastic-only world for some people, note - Add-More only takes cash or checks, no credit cards, also no discounts. The office doesn't stock any RV supplies, groceries, ice, etc. However, it is located just off I-65 and only blocks away from a mega shopping center & endless strip mall and chain-restaurants. You could hear some traffic noise from I-65 depending upon which way the wind was blowing. Add-More was a well kept, clean, friendly, mostly shady RV park. The sites are gravel, mostly level, but narrow and close together. So can be crowded on a busy weekend, but the owners did try to leave empty sites between units on non-busy days. There are a number of seasonal residents sites, but all were a fairly quiet bunch. We had a W/E/S site and all worked good. WI-FI worked great at our site, and a large number of channels came in on antenna TV. Add-More's bathrooms were clean with lots of hot water and a laundry room. They do have a long list of rules and requirements that fills up the entire back of their campground map. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Motorhome.

Boonejen

Clean park, quiet and easy to access. Cash only, no discounts. We would stay here again. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

sixtires58

This campground would be a good stop-over point. Sites are very close together. The owners do make it a point to space units out so that you are not sitting right on top of each other, but basically this is a big gravel parking lot with trees. There are a lot of semi-permanent people staying here, probably local workers. It is quiet, I did not notice any road noise. Electric and water pressure are good. They are very picky about dogs. The owner told me she'd have to put me by the dog run because my dogs might bark and wake up the people who sleep during the day. Also, they have a two dog limit, less than 30 pounds. So, if you have a big dog, you won't get in. Campground is not cheap and they don't offer any discounts but to be fair they have a great location right off I-65 and close to almost any restaurant you can imagine, plus a Sam's Club and Walmart. Very convenient. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Motorhome.

R&DJ

Based on previous reviews we almost didn't stay here. Glad we changed our mind! Great location for activities in Louisville AND there is a Super WalMart with a Sam's nearby. WiFi was good; bathrooms were spacious and clean; site was gravel but level; sites are narrow but they offset the motorhomes whenever possible. When we checked in I was ill and the Manager told me where to find an Urgent Care facility. Then she checked on me the next day to make sure I had gotten help. We had a severe storm during our stay. The Manager made sure we knew we were in a weather alert and where the storm shelter was. We enjoyed our stay and would use this park again. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Motorhome.

FreeWheeler

Interior roads and pads are gravel (ours 2" out of level). Sites were shaded with very tight spacing and no room for awning or table. There was traffic noise. The owners were very friendly and helpful on phone. We arrived around 8pm (office closed at 6pm) so our info was on the office door and we dropped cash/check in night box. This is a very weird setup - confusing at best. Site map seems to show 2 site numbers for each site, as though 2 campers could get in a single site (there was barely enough room for our 31'). Our site's water pipe was broken so we had to use the adjoining site's water. Electric was on the wrong side so we had to pull in opposite leaving the sewer connection near our front door. Location is 4 miles north of Louisville but this CG is only good for an overnight stop. We will not be back. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

champeo

We needed a campground close to Louisville and from the website, this one seemed to fit the bill. However, there were so many rules that weren't listed on the website that this "campground" is little more than an RV storage facility. We've camped in tight sites before but this place is ridiculous. In the over night section most units cannot extend awnings as it would hit the rigs in the next site. A big thing is the bicycle rule. No bike riding!! I brought the kids bikes and they couldn't use them. There were hardly any picnic tables. My wife and I had to carry one from 6 site down to our site. We were lucky it was available. I like a campfire and guess what...no fire rings are provided. In fact fires are not allowed at all unless you have them in an enclosed fire container. I had to drive to Lowe's to spend $60 on that. Pet rule - 30lb or less. We have a small dog but even then, the dog could not be tied on a leash at our site. The only time the dog could be out of the RV is to walk him. They make no mention of these rules on the website. To be fair, there were some positives which is why I gave it a 2 and not 1. The Wi-Fi was free. Good thing b/c my kids had nothing to do - no playground and no biking. Why do they charge more for kids? What are they consuming? One other positive was the water pressure - very strong. I had to complain about the size of the site and they did work with us only because they were not full. On a busy weekend, we'd be staring at the side of another RV. If you want to store your RV for the weekend, sleep in it and nothing else. This place could work. It is RV storage...do not expect to camp. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Travel Trailer.

dbl4de3

Sites were close together, however we only stayed one night. No traffic noise or noise from other campers. Would recommend. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

The GeoDrop

We would echo what everyone else has said: just a very basic campground, mostly gravel. Does have a lot of trees. Bathhouse is closed in off-season. We did chat with the owner who was friendly enough. Lots of retail nearby! Good stop-over spot. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Travel Trailer.

foretraveller

This park is a regular stop for us. We have had several overnight stays and once spent a week here. This is a very old campground and there are NO amenities. But it is comfortable like an old glove. Every time we have been here the office staff has been very friendly and helpful. Sites are long and narrow, but they stagger the RV's so you don't feel like you are on top of each other. Of course, the fact that there is no other campground anywhere near Louisville has some influence. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Motorhome.

wander12

I have never written a review for a campground but I do read them. We almost passed this one by due to unfavorable reviews. There isn't much in the Louisville Metro area so we took a chance. It is an older park with basic amenities but they do have good Wi-Fi which was important to me. Conveniently located to many restaurants and shopping. We found all the hosts to be friendly and helpful. The sites are close but they seem to stagger rigs to give you more room. No cable but TV reception good (we have a digital box). Restrooms & laundry small but clean. A nice park for what it is. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Kim Raber

We chose this campground for one reason - location to downtown Louisville. My husband and I were in town to run the Derby Marathon and needed a campground which was as close to the start line as possible. This was perfect and really all we needed for this trip. We invited some fellow runners to join us for dinner and they commented it was nothing more than a glorified parking lot and I agree. There is a pond nearby which was fun to walk around with our dog, but no other scenery or other typical campground amenities. In fact, there were no campfires allowed, which is typically a deal-breaker for me (but again, it was all about the location this time). I found the manager to be condescending and unfriendly. While she was not rude or mean, she was visibly irritated by the fact that I had brought my dog with me into the office (despite no signage to the contrary). We would stay here again only to run the marathon again because location to the starting line is about the only thing this place has going for it. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Add-More Campground?