6 Average

Add-More Campground

Clarksville, Indiana

2411 Addmore Ln
Clarksville, Indiana 47129

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly ?
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Add-More Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $40.00

Unattractive facility and lots of semi- permanents. Owners very friendly. Only takes cash or check.Odd sites but level with accessible and working hook-ups. . Good for overnight stay or for a few days if you're sight-seeing in Louisville. wi-fi good no cable. Did not use tv. Don't expect much. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Other

The plus for this place is lots of restaurants nearby.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $35.00

Not even a good spot for and overnight. Tight, dirty, and porly maintained. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Motorhome.

Obstacles

Watch out for very rude hostess.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $35.00

There are many seasonal campers here, but the park is clean and well maintained. The sites are long, but narrow. We had a pull-through and were able to pull our 31' RV and toad in with no problem. There is no cable, but we got several channels with our antenna. The staff is very friendly. It was just fine for an overnight stay. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $32.00

Big park. There are many, many long-term campers, they make up probably 2/3 or more of the park. Park is clean, well kept, some shade though it seemed like the overnighter (short-term) campers got mostly sites in the sun while the long-term campers got the shadier sites. Sites are a little close together but not bad, I have seen far worse. Restrooms/showers are very good. Rates are very reasonable for this area which is rather pricey. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Not big enough for my travel trailer

Convenient to interstates and metro areas.

Featured Campgrounds Near Add-More Campground

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $48.00

NOT happy campers. I reserved by phone and confirmed that the rate was $37.45 per night. That is the rate on the website for a 50-amp site. On arrival, we were told that for a 40-foot motor home, there is an "upcharge." Such charge is not listed anywhere on their website nor was it mentioned when I reserved. Of course we did not have time to look for another place to go, so we paid the extra. But this is not an ethical business practice! The park is so-so, dusty and close, definitely not worth $48 per night. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $32.00

This park is close to I65, but traffic noise not too bad. It is basically a parking lot with full hook-ups. There are no picnic tables because there is no place to put them. I could touch both my camper and the one next to us at the same time. There was less than a foot between us and the class A behind us. That being said, the staff was great and so was the location. The campground was as clean as it could be with everyone crammed in like sardines. There are a few larger sites and if I were to come back, would try to reserve one of them. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

It is close to Louisville and all it has to offer and also the Horseshoe Casino.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $48.00

I was told this was a nice place to stay. It was over crowded and basically in the middle of a trailer park where people live full time. I was parked right on top of the RV next to me because the sites are small. I was not impressed with the management - as I went to voice my complaints... no one was available. I won't be staying at this place ever again! We camped at Add-More Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $32.00

We called ahead to make sure there would be a spot and got confirmation on an availability so we drove straight there. Check in was fast, friendly and efficient by the camp host. Only cash or checks are taken for payment. Our spot was 35A and we pulled through. Laundry room was open and clean. Bathrooms don't open until April 1st. The temperatures were still in the freezing range when we were there. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Travel Trailer.

35A

Walmart and eateries very close. Ten minutes to Louisville downtown.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $15.00

We chose this park as it is close to the Louisville, KY VA Hospital. The road in is easy to navigate and the roads in the park are wide. Check in was fast and friendly. There are a number of permanent residents, most are kept up well. We were in Site 3D, a gravel pull through with full hook-ups, no issues and 50 amp electric. The sites are very narrow but long enough for our 37-foot Class A, tow-dolly and parking the car. The laundry room was just okay. There was plenty of places to walk the dog. WiFi was spotty and Verizon signal was good.

There is some traffic noise but not too bad considering how close you are to the expressway. We stayed November 10 - December 4, 2017 and paid $450 - monthly rate or $15.00 a day. We originally reserved for a week at $37.45 per night, but due to health issues we needed to extend that and they gave us the whole month at the monthly rate. We did leave a few days early. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Motorhome.

3-D

All shopping is close by and downtown Jeffersonville, IN and Louisville, KY are minutes away.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $16.00

This is a very well kept, pleasant no-frills place. We're here for a long-term work assignment so it fits our needs, but it may not be the place for someone with a family looking for a resort type place, as there is no place to ride a bike, no playground and no amenities other than a laundry room (which is nice). Some spaces are spacious, others are very close - depends on where in the campground you are. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Only about 10 miles from the border to Louisville and very close to major shopping areas (lots of stores and restaurants).

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $42.00

Stayed here overnight on our way to Iowa. Clean campground. Appears to be a fair amount of permanent residents there, but the park was quiet. Appreciated the escort to our site. Our site was long enough to accommodate our 35 ft motorhome with tow dolly & car attached, so we didn't have to unhook for the night. Followed the directions on the campground website and it was easy to find. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $37.00

Stayed for a one nighter. Cramped spaces. I couldn't even open my awning with out hitting my neighbors awning. They have cleaned up the bath house but I have a bathroom and shower so didn't use. Laundry, if needed, was closely priced for a laundry mat. No swimming pool or area to swim but they have a lake. No swimming is allowed. Rules are enforced. But they have one that I broke. I had to see if my dish was messed up because I wasn't getting reception. So I climbed up on my camper. Sewer perfect spot for me, 3 inch screw on and must be screwed on, the one that was for my site was broken. Had to use a unoccupied site's sewer. Fresh water was clean and a lot of pressure. Use a regulator. I used my inline filter also. But I always do. Electric 50amp was good. EMS says it was okay. It's in the middle of the site on a post. Interior roads gravel sites dirt/gravel. Unlevel 3 inches under wheels and 2 inches difference under my front landing gear. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Walmart, Sams, Target close by. Restaurants close: Longhorn Steak House.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $37.00

This RV campground is a cash or check only business, no credit cards! It has no tent camping. The ONLY amenities consist of washrooms for humans and clothes. Both are clean and modern. There is a large meeting hall in the building housing the office, but it is nearly empty except for a few chairs and a couple tables. The sites are mostly occupied by RV's of construction workers from other states. All sites are full hookup, gravel or grass, and reasonably level (within a degree or two). There are some shaded sites. It is located within a mile of a lot of shopping and eateries. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Motorhome.

There are no tourist attractions in the immediate area, but Louisville has many things to do and see. We went to the "Louisville Slugger" Museum and Factory for my 7 year old sports-nut grandson. Pretty interesting. There is all kinds of shopping within a mile or so. Everything from Walmart to Dillards, and restaurants galore.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

First Impression: Roadside appearance - very nice; Campground interior - not so much. Safety: no concerns. Access: Exit 5 off I-65, past the Walmart, turn right on Sam Gwin Drive, right on Progress Way, angle left on an unnamed road and follow large, well-placed signs. Municipal roads in fair condition, GPS directions good. Office: Small room in a large building used for sign-in only. No store. Credit cards NOT accepted. Online reservations NOT available. No price discounts. Facilities: No pool, spa, fitness room or rec center. Small, clean laundry room. Restrooms/showers out of the 80s; okay-clean but needs paint; good, hot water pressure (score "B"). No propane sales. No playground. No off-leash dog run. Campground: No indications of flooding. Moderately wooded. Interior roads are dirt/gravel with acceptable turns and no overhead obstacles. Big rig challenging. Prevosts could have problems. Tents not allowed. No yurts or cabins. Sites are all cramped, nearly slide-to-slide, grass and gravel, all short, back-in but some back-to-back sites are marked as "pull-through". No landscaping, sites are level. Utilities at mid-rig with 20/30/50-amp full hookups; no meters. Strong water pressure but with a strange taste. Sewer pipe is 4" threaded, about 3" above ground level. No patios or picnic tables. Open ground fires not permitted but portable fire pits allowed. Poor satellite views (tall trees). No cable TV. OTA TV found 46 channels. Free Wi-Fi with good coverage and bandwidth. Verizon phone and 4G at 5 bars. No recycling. Noise: No railroad, aircraft, traffic, or interstate noise. Bug Report (early July): a few wasps but, otherwise, no insect issues. Runners: Campground interior roads marginal for running; go out to Add-More Road (asphalt). Yoga: some grassy spots might be okay for your mat. Conclusion: Marginal. Pricey. Better for shorter rigs. Limited camping options near Louisville, KY. Okay for a few nights. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Clarksville, IN is a suburb of Louisville, KY. Area has just about anything and everything that you need: local and national restaurants, fast food, groceries (Miejer, Kroger), diesel at the Circle-K, on Veterans Road, east of the interstate at $2.119, Lowes across from Walmart/Sam's Club. Major VA facility in Louisville.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $50.00

We have a 40' MH with a tow. Came in on a rainy night and paid $50. Noticed later after we had left that his published rate on his web site was $35. Verify the rate before you arrive. We did not encounter any problems with our stay. Previous posts accurately describe the park. We camped at Add-More Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Add-More Campground

Are you affiliated with Add-More Campground ?