Louisville North Campground (formerly Louisville Metro KOA)

Clarksville, Indiana

540 Marriott Dr
Clarksville, Indiana 47129

Sites: Unknown

Ask fellow campers about "Louisville North Campground (formerly Louisville Metro KOA)" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $48.00

You're escorted to your site because it is so tight you couldn't see a number to save your backside! 40' fifth wheel - we had to be careful when putting out our awning - about 6" from neighbor's slide. Trains all night at the edge of the park, and planes land/take off overhead. On a positive note; a teeny bit better than a truck stop and staff meets you when you pull up to escort you and are friendly. The location is the only reason this park is able to fill up. Won't be coming back if we can even wedge out! Definitely not a relaxing campground - more of a place to park for a few hours sleep. We camped at Louisville North Campground (formerly Louisville Metro KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $42.00

You're escorted to your site - because the park is so tight that you need it! 37' motorhome and when we opened our slides we had to be careful as they almost touched the next door RV. Had to move picnic table to open the slides. Loud trains all night at the edge of the park, and planes land/take off overhead. On a positive note, the park is within minutes of Louisville and the staff is friendly. The location is the only reason this park is able to fill up - and the only reason I'd stay here again. We camped at Louisville North Campground (formerly Louisville Metro KOA) in a Motorhome.

Sites not long enough for tow vehicle

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $46.00

This is a very crowded park and one we will probably not return to unless it is for a one day stay. We were escorted to our site. There is a convenience store and gas station onsite which is handy. You are close to many attractions. Our Dish satellite and Verizon worked well. We camped at Louisville North Campground (formerly Louisville Metro KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt, Gravel

Lots to do within miles of the campground as far as tours. This would be a place we would stay for only one night in the future.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $43.00

Access is easy, but within the park roads are narrow and turns are tight. Still, we got in and out with our 42-foot rig. The sites are closer together than we like. With slides extended on our unit and that one next to us there were about two feet between us. The store is very well stocked with a wide variety of items, especially drinks. Staff is pleasant and helpful. Gasoline, diesel, and LP available in the park.

Access to downtown Louisville from the park is less than 10 minutes via a non-toll bridge on U.S. 31. We camped at Louisville North Campground (formerly Louisville Metro KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Featured Campgrounds Near Louisville North Campground (formerly Louisville Metro KOA)

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $15.00

Be aware that you BETTER know how to drive your RV before committing to stay here. Very tight fit. If you have short-term business in the Louisville area or just passing through, you can get away with staying here. They are open 7am-10pm, so late arrivals & early check-outs are ok. Very close to the Louisville area. Otherwise, get ready for a heavy dose of planes, trains, and trucks. EVERY night, there was a noisy train. When the train wasn't running or tooting it's horn, there was a steady diet of planes flying overhead. Spaces are incredibly tight, so if you're here for a long time and your neighbor ties their barking dogs outside their RV at 7am or decides to run their diesel truck for 30 minutes in the morning, there's nothing you can do. At one point, a neighbor's awning was touching my RV. If you have dogs, there's nowhere for you to walk them-contrary to the pictures on their website. While most staff was INCREDIBLY nice & helpful, their kindness was negated by one rude individual whom I believe was the manager. For example, one night my power meter for my electric went out, and one of their nice staff members quickly swapped out the box. However, not only did the box lack a cover over the connection to protect it from rain, but this rude staff member knocked on my RV the following afternoon and told me to immediately shut off my power so the electric box could be worked on. When I said that I couldn't do it right now because I was billing a client on my computer, this individual YELLED at me saying that it was an inconvenience to come back in an hour on my schedule. Looking back, there were some good things about the park. Clean bathrooms, a small convenience store that was open long hours, plenty of propane, lots of friendly staff members, cheap laundry, & water connections that are well set-up for winter. Unfortunately, the few bad things FAR-outweighed the good things. Don't stay here for long periods. We camped at Louisville North Campground (formerly Louisville Metro KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

This is bourbon country, so find a distillery and take a free tour!

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $45.00

It's a tight, packed park. But....very close to downtown Louisville. Looks like lots of full time residents here. I had help getting in. They have picnic tables but there really isn't a lot of room for them. It's level and paved. Only down side are the many trains that pass by,especially very early in the morning. Good, well stocked store that's a convenience store in the neighborhood. We camped at Louisville North Campground (formerly Louisville Metro KOA) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $37.00

Make sure to follow directions on the website to Exit 1 and Stansifer Road. Do not use GPS as that will take you to a 10' underpass.

I agree with what others have said. This is a very difficult park to maneuver around with the really tight spaces, narrow roads and culverts. The roads are so narrow, in fact, that they have orange posts up so you don't hit another camper while trying to turn. There's no landscaping, so it looks like a big parking lot. It's actually right behind a gas station (appears that the gas station is part of the park) so this must have been the parking lot for the gas station at some point before it was a campground. Most people only stay overnight or just a few days, (sadly, we're here for work from June until Oct. as there was nowhere else in the area near Louisville we could stay), and most of those rigs are nice. But around the perimeter are long term or permanent residents whose campers are old, filthy and falling apart. Real eyesore. Trains do sound like thunder and run constantly. I used to live near train tracks, so I know how to block out the sound. Power, water and sewer were good. We camped at Louisville North Campground (formerly Louisville Metro KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

The ONLY thing this place has going for it is the location near Louisville, although you do have to pay tolls to cross the river.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $42.00

The spaces are so tight you can't even get past the old, splintered picnic tables. It is nothing but a parking lot next to train tracks, and the last one comes thru at 11:30 pm. There are horrible, deep culverts you have to rock and roll thru to get out of there.

We won't be returning. It is not a KOA, but their prices think it is. The lady in the office was very nice. We camped at Louisville North Campground (formerly Louisville Metro KOA) in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $42.00

The sites nearly touch each other and it is really a parking lot with hookups. The railroad freight cars hooking up 50 yards away are like thunder claps. The PROMISED cable was non functional...I was told it was my cable...I bought one at their store...got 4 more channels...not one was a major network or even a secondary one. I missed the show and channel I had called ahead on to be sure of availability. There was NO other site available. My old cable works perfectly tonight pulling in 96 channels in the current park. The bathrooms are not filthy, but they lack attention and the cigarette butt on the floor and the 3 built in ashtrays don't appeal. The good...the sites were flat, electric & water worked, wifi was decent. You don't get much for your $40 bucks & KOA should remove their affiliation.

We would not stay here again. We camped at Louisville North Campground (formerly Louisville Metro KOA) in a Motorhome.

Pull through

cox

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $42.00

We stayed here 2 nights. Convenience to local Louisville sights is the only thing this campground has going for it. It is a blacktop parking lot surrounded by noise. We have a small fifthwheel and our neighbor's slide amost touched us...if we had a third slide, it would have touched. With highway construction it was very difficult to get to. We camped at Louisville North Campground (formerly Louisville Metro KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $45.00

Wow, is this place tight! With my arms outstretched I could easily touch our rig and our neighbor's slide-out. There's not much room for towed vehicles, so most stick out into the road. So, with obstacles like trees, RVs, toads, and really tight turns, negotiating this place is a white-knuckle adventure in a big rig with a toad. But we did it without kissing anything, my husband yelling yahoo with each successful turn with inches to spare & me with breath held gripping the arm rests. So be forewarned--take your time & a deep breath & you'll (probably) be fine!
Yep, as others have said, this is a parking lot with amenities, and you'll pay well for the privilege of having them. Even with our KOA discount, it's about 25% higher than the average RV park rate we've seen throughout the Midwest.

Fortunately, the trains that rumble through next to the park (close enough to feel the rig shake) were quiet after about 8pm, and the construction noise on the roads above didn't start until about 8am (Sunday morning). Speaking of construction, Louisville is a cone-zone nightmare with confusing signage. Avoid rush hour!!!
On the positive side, the park is clean & seems well-managed. Staff was friendly, the store well-stocked. We filled up with propane for less than $3 per gallon. The wifi was good. We didn't use the cable, but had at least a dozen stations OTA. Water pressure was very strong, so use a regulator. We camped at Louisville North Campground (formerly Louisville Metro KOA) in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Avoid Louisville rush hour! Cone Zones & poor signage here are stressful even under the best of circumstances. Coming in from 64 headed east, we had to take the 264 loop around to 65 & then go south to the park.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $46.00

The sites are ridiculously close to each other. Really, there should be 2 sites per RV or camper. You couldn't put your awning out. I would not stay here again. The staff though was very pleasant and they did have a gas station there. We camped at Louisville North Campground (formerly Louisville Metro KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

Many things to do here. You can go see where they make the Louisville Sluggers, where the Kentucky Derby is, and we went to a Bourbon Distillery.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $45.00

This is not a trailer park! This is a rest stop with hook-ups! We were so close together that I thought we were going to have to ask others move so we could back in. All pavement, very small space, not even enough room for our tow vehicle. Won't stay here again. The bathrooms are locked to keep the homeless out and we had to pay a $2.00 deposit to get a key! That made it hard for all of us to take showers at the same time. Did I mention the trains? Right up the embankment a few feet away from our heads while we slept! No no Metro! We camped at Louisville North Campground (formerly Louisville Metro KOA) in a Tent Trailer.

Back row
Not big enough for my tent trailer

Stay someplace else.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $42.00

From the moment we made our reservations, to getting rerouted (because of road construction) to being led to our campsite, everyone was great.

The grounds are kept up wonderful, there is an attached gas station for convenience and they have good supply of necessary items in the store.

The owners run a tight ship.

The manager was excellent from our check-in, with advise for what to see and do, to her customer service our entire stay.

The only downside is the spaces are a little tighter together, but this is city camping and should be expected. You cannot get any closer than this to Louisville, (1 1/2 miles across the bridge and you are in downtown).

We came here in a 36 ft. motorhome (2 slides) towing our car. There was still space between our neighbor with his slide out. Easy in and out of the spaces.

We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Louisville North Campground (formerly Louisville Metro KOA) in a Motorhome.

Definitely take the City Taste Tours, KOA recommended, if this is a first visit to Louisville. It was fun, informative and tasty, giving samples of all things Kentucky.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $30.00

Some very rude workers who think they know everything, but are new to living in a camper.

Very small site, basically a parking lot, normally have to park across the road and walk to your camper as sites aren't big enough for vehicles. We camped at Louisville North Campground (formerly Louisville Metro KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

Not big enough for my travel trailer

Are you affiliated with Louisville North Campground (formerly Louisville Metro KOA) ?