4.1 Poor

317 W. Lieber Road
Cloverdale, Indiana 46120

Elevation: 782' (approximate)
  • Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Water Water no
  • Hiking Hiking yes
  • Lake Lake yes

Ask a Question About Cagles Mill Lake / Lieber State Recreation Area

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $35.00

This SRA was overall nice. There wasn't , however, much to do. The showers need upgraded. The were push-button type and very difficult to shower with that type of faucet. Restrooms are also in need of upgrade. My wife complained about the large amount of insects in women's restroom caused by the fact that the screens were missing. Overall it was a nice campground. We camped at Cagles Mill Lake / Lieber State Recreation Area in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $41.00

I had my pick of sites in the electric area and was able to get a fairly level site. This was very expensive for one night because I had to pay a $7 entrance fee (should have been $9 for out-of-state, but host gave me a discount) plus $34 for the site. My site was OK, but the pad was old and very narrow so had to walk on wet grass and mud. Also, I did not use the restrooms, but noticed that most of them were pit toilets. Lots of trees so I probably had the only site where I could get satellite reception, and Verizon was 3G only, and lucky to get that. Also, this place might be difficult for big rigs because the roads were narrow and it had some tight turns. I agree with the previous posted that this place needs some updates, but I was glad to have a very quiet, peaceful one-night stop. We camped at Cagles Mill Lake / Lieber State Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $35.00

I have stayed at this park a few times but had not been in a couple of years. At that time I thought, man, they need to do some upgrades with the bathrooms etc. I took a chance and stayed there last W/E with my small 18 foot trailer. The area is beautiful , lots of trees and I was impressed with some of the big rigs that could get in and out of there. My site # was 97 , not level , on a hill and very small. The great disappointment was in the comfort house. None of the doors on toilets would close , everything was so old and falling apart. I peeked in the shower room and decided to go without a shower for 2 days. But the worse was the dump station , which they only have one for all those trailers, Waited in a line for over an hour to "get my turn" on the way out. You would think they would have a least 2 at this campground. Plus I was smart and prefilled my trailer with water at home. The water fill up station was on the road coming into the camp ground , also a line for that. I guess it is sad why some Indiana State parks can get upgrades and others do not. This park could be beautiful if a little money , that we pay, was spent on it. Will not be back again unless I hear improvements have been made. We camped at Cagles Mill Lake / Lieber State Recreation Area in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $39.00

Made reservation for 50 amp pull. Site was sloped too much to level, had to disconnect tow car to squeeze out of site. Getting out of site was inches away from impossible. Horse flies made it impossible to be out with our dog. Ok for smaller rvs or campers if you don't mind being attacked by horseflies. Would not recommend campgrounds. Didn't see rest of park. We camped at Cagles Mill Lake / Lieber State Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $32.00

Terrible showers, unclean, no way to dry your hands, no soap in restrooms, stools stopped up,unleashed dogs thru out the camp grounds. Play grounds had dogs urinating in it, smokers in playground area with kids!!! Worst state park ever stayed in. We camped at Cagles Mill Lake / Lieber State Recreation Area in a Travel Trailer.

Obstacles

Security doing its job, dogs and over parking. Management needs to be involved with campers.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $32.00

First, it is not big rig friendly. While the sites are paved, most have a slope, and way too many trees near the pavement. Our site, a pull-through #47, was almost impossible to get into. We could not enter in the direction we were supposed to because of trees blocking access. We had to go around the loop and enter from the opposite direction. This put our patio on the wrong side for access to the fire pit and picnic tables. Trees were too close to be able to extend the awning. If we would have been able to enter the correct way, we would not have been able to extend our slideouts. All the water spigots we saw except for one near the entrance were not threaded for a hose. Even though we did not need them, the showers in our area were locked because of no hot water. There was a group of campers in site 59 right next to us. They had one fifth wheel and a tent but there were usually 4-5 vehicles parked there. They were extremely loud and continued well into the early morning. The adults were allowing underage kids to drive their vehicles around the campground. There were no rangers around. We had a reservation for next month but have cancelled it due to the lack of access for our motorhome. We camped at Cagles Mill Lake / Lieber State Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $16.00

Lieber State Rec area is a hidden gem in the Indiana park system. The sites are very wooded - so lots of shade. It has both a beach and a pool (aquatic center) - even a water slide. Fishing in the lake too. Showers were a bit dated - only negative. Weekday rate was a great value - and not crowded during the weekdays. We camped at Cagles Mill Lake / Lieber State Recreation Area in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $16.00

Spacious sites with plenty of trees for shade. Only electricity available at the site. 38' motor home pulling a Blazer fit in our space easily. Be prepared to level your rig as most sites slope moderately. Each site comes with a table and fire pit. Restrooms were clean and well maintained. Busy on weekends, but we had the place to ourselves during the week. Plenty to do in the summer as there is a pool, hiking trails, lake, ranger activities. Definitely would stay again. We camped at Cagles Mill Lake / Lieber State Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2007 - $24.00

You have to pay to get IN the park, then pay more to camp. My worst campground. We camped at Cagles Mill Lake / Lieber State Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

Add-More Campground

Clarksville, Indiana

Cloverdale RV Park

Blackhawk Campground

Cloverdale, Indiana

Are you affiliated with Cagles Mill Lake / Lieber State Recreation Area ?