Evansville, Indiana

• Arcade Games Arcade Games yes
  • Pond Pond yes
  • Water Park Water Park yes

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $22.00

We make frequent trips to Evansville to visit family and on this last trip we discovered Burdette Park. We were very pleasantly surprised. The pros? 1) Very close to everything you could possibly need but far enough away to be in the country, 2) Roads are paved nicely, 3) 20,30 & 50 amp service at each spot, 4) paved sites, 5) very quiet, 6) plenty of room between sites, 7) the manager is the absolute best, 8) Water park, BMX park, trails, fun park on premises, 9) Bath house is very nice, 10) wooded, 11) very private. Cons? 1) landscaping could be better, 2) roads around campers sites very narrow.

Picnic tables are very old and brittle. Landscaping was sort of ragged but grass was cut. No problems with electric at all. Some sites have sewer but there's a very nice dump station at the entrance.

There is a great pizza place within a mile that delivers and the water park is huge and beautiful...very inviting. We really loved our stay here. Very few mosquitoes so that was a definite plus. Also, camping park is small so getting a site could prove difficult in the summer. We will be staying here quite often...it's our new home away from home. We camped at Burdette Park in a Travel Trailer.

Evansville is loaded with things to do. The Waterpark is fabulous. They have semi-pro baseball; lots of places for miniature golf, swimming; the Ohio River is very close; small town feel with big city perks.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $23.00

Have to go to Evansville for work periodically, and decided to bring trailer. Burdette Park was one of very few campgrounds close enough to my work. I had problems getting to park--roads are tight. Once there, no one was at campground entrance to check in with--I'd called and made reservations. Was told to find someone in Site 17. Once I did, she said to park in any of the sites in the first two rows--all were just water and electric. The full hookup sites are taken up with what seems like more seasonal or monthly campers. It's a bit tight going past them, as a lot of them have large trucks parked near the road.

All sites are pull-through. Had 50 amp for my site. Water up a slight hill to share with site above me. Some tent campers in primitive sites. Lots of large fifth wheels and several big motorhomes there as well.

Pretty quiet at night. Lots of crickets and frogs. Can hear trains through the night, as there are tracks nearby. Some noise in morning as people get up and go to work. I spent 4 nights there. Never used shower house, so no idea what it's like. Dump station on exit seems very tight, so didn't try it.

One odd thing, was that I'd never paid. So, morning of my departure, I had to hunt down the woman in Site 17. She said to use a credit card I'd have to go to main building of park--but I was already hooked up and had pulled out of site. I ended up giving her some cash--what I had, and certainly not enough for entire stay. She was very nonchalant about the whole transaction. We camped at Burdette Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel

Plan your route to park well before you go, and don't just follow Google maps like I did. I highly regretted the original route it took me, though I made it.

It rained/stormed heavily while I was there. Some mud.

I was there out of season for the pool. No kids at any of the sites that I ever saw. Imagine it was due to the time of year.

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $14.00

Just travelling through, but did we enjoy our one night's stay here!

Large, level places on a forested terrace camping, nice & easy hikes, good facilities and friendly staff make this a great campsite. We camped at Burdette Park in a Motorhome.

Don't get fooled by the access road from Evansville. It looks like it's ending amidst industrial areas & deserted railroad facilities, but the rewards are there!

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $20.00

There are a couple of tight turns if you have a huge rig but the place had 30-40 footers in there. We've been to 47 states and this park is in the top 10. Great job State of Indiana for a wonderful park. Love the walking path. We camped at Burdette Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $20.00

Pros: The main park with the swimming pools, etc. looks like a great park for families. The RV park is in a nice setting and very peaceful. The sights are pretty level. This could be a great park if the cons were fixed. Cons: Do not take the main park entrance. You will not have fun negotiating all of the turns to turn around. The should be a sign there sending you up the hill to the RV park. The trees have not been cut back this year and the branches were hanging low. I had to cut some back to be able to let the slides out. I went to the main office and they came out and trimmed some of the trees. This park is very tight in which to navigate a big rig. There is a small shack at the check-in point. Not a great first impression of the park. It seems that this park is ignored where the main park attraction is beautiful. The price is right for what you get. We camped at Burdette Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2013 - $22.00

This park is a great stopover point for passing through Evansville. Very friendly staff, nice sites, quiet and very scenic location. No highway sounds because of it's location. I will certainly stop here again. We camped at Burdette Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $28.00

Level sites with easy entry and excellent utilities. The RV park sits above the main park that has a huge pool, several fishing lakes, a BMX track and hiking trails. Reservations were easy. The park staff were wonderful; helpful, courteous, kind etc. There was a BBQ Music Festival over the weekend that was great. There were 40' coaches that fit easily, but some sites for smaller units have trees nearby. Our dog had a great time. There are woods and fields near the campground. There are also cabins and shelters to rent. We will return. We camped at Burdette Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $26.00

We stayed up here for the weekend since we were doing work to our home and needed to stay in our camper. They have full hook up along with up to 50amp electrical service available. The sites are pull through but they are a little tight. The sites are small width wise and sit horizontally right up to the roadway. This campsite is mostly used by locals and construction workers along with people who live in the bottom lands and have to seek shelter in high lands when the Ohio River comes up. The campground manager was very kind but difficult to get a hold of for reservations. The park is county owned and has the largest aquatic center in the city of Evansville. It is also well maintained. I gave this a 6 mainly because of the site sizes. We have three dogs and they were welcomed without resistance. The previous managers did seem to complain about animals but the new ones are much nicer. If you are passing through and needing a place to stay, this is an okay campsite. We camped at Burdette Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $23.00

I would not consider this a big-rig friendly campground. There were several limbs that scratched our motorhome. The sites were very small and all the picnic tables were at a slopping angle, don't know how you could sit there and eat. There was no manager when we checked in, so we just picked a site. No one ever came by to welcome us or anything else. I had to hunt them down to pay to leave. We camped at Burdette Park in a Motorhome.

Scales Lake Park

Boonville, Indiana

Elkhart Campground

Elkhart, Indiana

Are you affiliated with Burdette Park?