4.4 Poor

• Recreation Room Recreation Room no
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $47.00

If you want to pay the highest rate for a terrible time than here's the place. The lady owner takes your money, never to be seen again. Warns to drive only 5 mph due to their deaf dog, never to be seen. Signs say Smile you're on Camera posted everywhere...no cameras seen. No garbage pickup, have to take it to the overflowing dumpster yourself. You're supposed to shut off the air if you leave campground. So you can return to a overly heated camper and melted foods. The sewer hole is so shallow the sewage splashes out, if you have your sewer hose fully opened. Better be sure to hold it down with something! No Verizon service, no wifi, unless on the office step. Male owner made us move our truck, so it stuck out in the traffic path. He was a jerk about the internet and phones. Felt like a prison camp. Did not see games advertised on website. The rules are so long and ridiculous. Had to leave a day early and no refund, the woman owner never even contacted us like her husband told us. So they got a day of our money without us there. I told her when I called I wasn't certain about the extra days after the first 2. They are not honest, caring people. Do not stay here! It was stressful and unfriendly. There are state parks that are much better; we were told by townspeople. We camped at Painter Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

End row
Not big enough for my travel trailer

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $35.00

Camping here was a pretty awful experience, and we would recommend highly, please don't stop here, unless you are prepared to experience an invisible fence around your camper. God forbid you deviate several grass blades off your lot, even though there are hardly any other campers in the campground. The management was brash and downright mean, not friendly at all. Wi fi is available but you must be on their porch at the office. Management makes nasty statements asking why would you want to use wi fi when you are camping? After a heavy rain, we laid our wet items on an adjacent empty gravel lot to dry , and when we returned, it was all bundled up and thrown into a pile on the grass in front of our camper. Our picnic table was present when we first arrived but then was removed from our lot by management. There are no trees for shade in the park. It was not a happy or enjoyable experience at all!! BEWARE!!! We camped at Painter Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $47.00

The current owners have only been here for 3 years. They were extremely friendly. It appears that they are really trying to improve the park, HOWEVER, the interior roads are gravel, the sites are gravel, but you don't know where the site ends and the grass begins. The sewer outlet was confusing, my site had 2, one covered by an old car trim and the other was covered in rocks. Water pressure was minimal. The 50 amp power was very good. The picnic table was almost unusable it was so rickety and needs painting. There was also a fire pit that we did not use. It appears that this park caters more to month by month then off the road and the price was really big for what you get. I did notice last year the price in the review was $25.. ?.. We camped at Painter Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $55.00

We had reserved 50amp spot and when we arrived the male owner was outside. He just looked us and told us they only had one left. We didn't say we had it reserved but knew it would have been given away. We went inside, paid and parked. When I asked the male owner about internet, me snapped and said you can't even wait a day? Come to found out, only Internet if you were on their front porch. I don't know who lived in the houses across the road but the female owner said to use their internet, though she said she didn't know them.

Our broken picnic table was in the sun and on a slant, the male owner wasn't happy we used the one on the campsite beside us. There was only four campers there and we were squeezed next to one in our RV.

One couldn't walk around without watching close because of open sewer lines in ground. We parked beside our RV since no where else to park, owner told me to move. I told him I would not park in the narrow gravel areas because I could be hit. I told him if someone showed up and needed that 8' spot beside me I would move. No one ever showed up the entire weekend we were there.

Firewood was expensive and overpriced to camp in a short gravel lot with sewer ruts. We were treated bad when we first arrived and knew the male owner didn't want to be polite or cared.

We would never camp here again or recommend to even a dog. We camped at Painter Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $45.00

I was reading over the post below regarding Painter Creek RV Park. It would seem they had a bad experience. I disagree with their opinion entirely! I found the management very welcoming, in fact they helped me park and hook up. Our RV is 32 feet in length and the site was plenty big. The place was busy for the end of the season. I thought about this unhappy person and it would seem you cant please everyone. French Lick may seem like out in the "middle of nowhere" to some "city folk" but we won at the Casino. We took the grandson to the waterpark, and zip lines. There was plenty to do. Overall a very enjoyable experience. After spending the next day on the lake, (which the free boat ramp is only a mile from the park)we kicked back in the community area with another couple from Indianapolis. They stay yearly. For those of you who cant live without a mall or pavement, I recommend the state park. I myself enjoy the comfort of this clean, well kept park. I intend to return again. I had no problems with internet or noise. We camped at Painter Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $40.00

There was just a few campers the entire five days we were there, including the weekend. The lots were gravel, close together and short. Our RV stuck 5 feet out in the road, even though I called three weeks ahead of time to make sure they were big rig friendly. We had to back our RV up to the back of a 5th wheel and were approx. 2 feet away from each other. They have WIFI but you have to be sitting on their front porch, the lots with 50 amp were the farthest away. Someone elses wifi named Belkin would pop up, the owners told us to use that wifi though they don't know who it belonged to. Verizon was bad and maybe one or two stars if lucky. We parked 10 feet from a TT and there was a picnic table right beside our door which was slanted. I chose a picnic on the other side, 4 feet from our camper which no one was using the entire time we were there. We came back on Sat and my tablecloth and one small white bag had been wadded up in a ball and thrown on the table by my camper door. We only left the tablecloth out on a Sat the previous days we did not. There was not one person even beside us on either side when we returned Sat. The place maybe had 4 campers and two were rentals down by their house. only option. The few there when we arrived left and only one arrived for the weekend. Quiet hours started at 11pm but the TT behind us kept going and even heard them at 3 and 4 AM since we were that close together. The park is in the middle of nowhere, 7 miles south of French Lick and 7 miles north of the lake but not the part that has public access. We also had to pay additional 4% because we paid with credit card. We were hardly there during the daytime due to see what was around and then drove one hour to Holiday World. The other TT had tons of childrens toys surrounding the entire place. The short lots up by their home, that a truck with a slide in camper might fit were the only two that had a grill. There were no shade trees except one or two. When we arrived I read the half page of rules and asked about the wifi password and the owners response was "CANT WAIT" I reserved a 50 amp spot weeks in advance and when we pulled up the owner was in his cart, he didn't know if we were the ones or not that had reserved the site but told us we were lucky there was one left. I think there were only two to start with and one had the fifthwheel. I thought good thing we showed up when we did or our site would have been gone, but afterwards no one else ever arrived. I pulled our toad in the short gravel lot beside our rv and the owner told me I wasn't allowed to park there someone else might want that spot. I told him if they did, please let me know and I will move the jeep. They had a rule stating no parking on the grass and that would have been my only choice. The campground owner with his attitude ruined a happy camping trip. I think he bit the hand that fed him $220 to many times and we will never return and will warn others. We camped at Painter Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $25.00

This is a older park with new owners. Very nice folks with a lot of improvements. A comfortable and welcoming team checks you in quickly and helps you to your site. The showers and restrooms are newer and kept very clean. Over all a nice place with a lot in the area to offer. Wish we could have stayed longer but was just passing through. We found the park by driving pass. Will be sure to plan it into our next trip through and stay again. We camped at Painter Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Painter Creek RV Park ?