Indianapolis KOA

Greenfield, Indiana

5896 West 200 North
Greenfield, Indiana 46140

• Public Phone Public Phone yes

Ask fellow campers about "Indianapolis KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $48.00

This is pretty much a typical KOA except for the service....the people at the desk were exceptional!! We pulled in a matter of minutes before closing but they still greeted us with big smiles and offered to make us a pizza and deliver it to our site. Then, when we went to pull into our site, a huge rock was in the way. It had obviously been hit by someone who didn't bother to let the staff know. So, I ran back up to the office and stopped the young people who were closing up and getting into their cars. They gladly got the backhoe out and came down - in the still pouring rain - to move the rock so we could get parked. Service like that is rare and much appreciated. The site itself was plenty long enough and fairly level gravel. All hook-ups were convenient and worked well. We didn't bother to hook up the cable but were able to get many channels from the antenna. The wi-fi was good. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Indianapolis KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $46.00

Indiana has one of the largest RV industries in the nation. It is fitting, therefore, that Indianapolis should have one of the best KOAs in the nation. It's not a perfect 10, mind you. It has its problems. For one thing, the office is rather challenging to get to. You have to follow a long winding road, and then pull your rig between two buildings. That done, however, the large sites are easy to get into. Moreover, they've instituted a practice that I'd like to see more frequently: They alternate the entry direction from site to site. So if I enter my site heading west, my neighbors on both sides will enter heading east. Why do I like this complicated practice? Because when I open my door to get out of my RV, or simply to enjoy the scenery, I'm looking at my neighbor's front door, not at his sewer hookup. I suspect that it also increases the social interaction between neighbors, but I have had enough experience with the practice to be sure. The campground as a whole is huge and well shaded, with a creek running down the middle. There are ample play areas for the kids, and lots of space for walking. The freeway is nearby, but the noise is not intrusive. We camped at Indianapolis KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $50.00

We enjoyed a 3 night stay here while sight seeing in Indy. This is one of the nicest KOA's we have stayed at. Our site had beautiful trees in front with a clear satellite view to the rear. Easy access, interior roads (swing wide like the sign states when going to the office), and 100'+ pull through premium sites are all big rig friendly. Tons of gravel roads, paths and grass areas to walk and ride. Super friendly family runs this campground and guide you to your site. The only negative is highway noise from 70. We camped at Indianapolis KOA in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

About 20 minutes to all the Indy sites. Mount Comfort RV and Pilot fuel at the same 70 exit.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $1.00

Easy getting to until you get in the park and the office signs disappear. Hard to get around the office area in a larger rig, very tight turns and watch out for the overhangs. Recommend calling and finding site number and go direct if in a large rig and do paperwork after. Large new dog park. Some of the backin sites are up gravel ramps with concrete edges and poles on opposite sides made backing in a little more difficult than need. Actually damaged edge of camper on concrete We camped at Indianapolis KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Indianapolis KOA

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $55.00

The best about this cg is the size of the sites. They are long and wide. We paid extra for the concrete patio But the cg has a bunch of problems. The roads may have been paved 50 years ago but they are in despicable shape now. Huge potholes, standing water and mud. Also very narrow. The site had garbage and used toilet paper in the utility area. Weeds are everywhere and the concrete was filthy and cracked. The water tastes and smells terrible. The WiFi was spotty. Very disappointed in this cg. This site gets satellite reception. We camped at Indianapolis KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

D36
Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $57.00

Made the reservation 4 months ago. Paperwork they sent said we had a "pad" near the dog park. When we arrived, at 5 pm, I was told all the pad sites were gone and they only had a grass spot on the other side of the pool. We ended up in a muddy, messy unlevel spot below the pool. It was an open area with electric posts scattered with site #s. Staff very snotty and said that's the way it is when people pull in earlier than us we get what's left...even with a reservation. We didn't have a table or a fire ring. No trees. The bathroom/showers were adequate. Pool was fun with a slide and kids area. The pictures on this site do not reflect anything we saw at this campground. The dumpsters were overflowing. Signage is bad. I can't recommend this park. We camped at Indianapolis KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Dirt, Grass

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $55.00

Crazy setup upon arriving at the office, which is at back of the park. You have to drive to the office and make a "U" turn to get to the office parking site. It was very tight for me with a 40' mh with jeep in tow. Plus the road at that point is pretty narrow. My site was back at the entrance. The dumpster was across from my site and was overflowing with trash the three days I was there. Overall the park was nice and my pull through was very long. Confirm a specific site before you enter the park so you don't have to drive around the entire park to go to the office. With a big rig, request a site in the adjacent section of the park which is accessed as soon as you enter, ensuring you don't have to go to the office with your rig. We camped at Indianapolis KOA in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $46.00

Traveling in a 38 foot coach we stayed 4 nights in a site for big rigs. Staff was the Great! The Rv sites are beautiful with good space between them. There is a creek that runs through the middle of the property which gives this park a nice outdoor feeling. Big dog park. Sites were gravel and level. Great wifi for a rv park! If you are looking for a quiet and clean park where you can sit outside and relax... go here. We enjoyed our stay, and would go back. We camped at Indianapolis KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $67.00

No matter how you approach this CG (it has two entrances) you will end up going between their office building and the Rec Hall so when you go to register - swing wide especially if you are towing. We took the first entrance after leaving I70 and used the road leading to Mt. Comfort RV so we had to cross a bridge and head back to the main entrance. Our site was easy to get into with our tow and the hookups were easy. The site was long and level with a gravel surface. Since it rained for the two days we were there we didn't use any of the facilities. But I was very surprised when we received a call from the desk inviting us to enjoy some entertainment in the rec hall that night. It appears they are upgrading their roads and doing so other upgrades. CG is convienent for visiting city. We camped at Indianapolis KOA in a Motorhome.

D6

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $50.00

A nice campground with a weird entrance and check in area so pay attention to the signs. Close to the interstate so there is some noise. Site was very spacious and I had no problems with hook ups. Staff is present in the park working and the pool area, although shallow, was well-appointed like a small kids water park. I would stay here again even though I couldn't get satellite due to trees. We camped at Indianapolis KOA in a Motorhome.

Close to Indianapolis and suburbs. A variety of things to do.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $56.00

This is our go to place while our motorhome is being serviced at Mt Comfort RV. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Love the big trees and country feel of the place. We like to park in their big grassy field. We were able to visit the state fair. We camped at Indianapolis KOA in a Motorhome.

51E

The interstate is close by. Six miles down the road to Greenfield there is shopping, restaurants and even pet boarding. Downtown Indiannapolis is just minutes away.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $60.00

This park has a great fenced in dog area. Large, fenced in, in the center of one of the site areas. We have stayed here twice. It is right off the freeway, but not too noisy, but a bit of an obstacle course to get in. You go in, cross a bridge, do a tight u-turn to get to the check in, then we went back over the bridge and to our site. That said, we enjoyed this park. Our Airedale loved playing ball with kids in the dog park. We camped at Indianapolis KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $62.00

Site 15 is a long pull through. Gravel, grass some shade. Lots of dust from the roads. The roads are tight, especially at check in area. Again, "jack and jill" utilities. The 50 amp was marginal; any load brought both legs down to ~110 volts, sometimes less. Right next to I70 but not too noisy. Nice little store on site with good ice cream cones, pizza, etc. Lots of activities if that's what you want. Big pool, mobbed with kids on weekend, but park emptied out Sunday afternoon. Had words with mgmt about putting a mat on the grass, which was muddy. I told them that a little gravel would solve the problem but they weren't interested in suggestions. The mat stayed out. We camped at Indianapolis KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $45.00

Friendly people. We had 34 travel trailer and was in a pull through site. Gravel site but level. Okay wi-fi. We did not use the cable. We stayed one night. Pool looked very nice. Not close to restaurants. Would stay again. We camped at Indianapolis KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $75.00

We stayed here two times over two weeks. The people in the office were terrific and friendly. The swimming pool - although we didn't use it - was beautiful and full of fun stuff for the kids. Sites were long and wide enough. BUT everything was very dusty. Had to was the toad both times after we pulled in. Signage to the office could be better and where to park while you check-in. There was a building between parking and the office and we weren't the only ones confused. I needed two propane tanks filled and the process was to take them to the office and leave them - they were delivered to our site later! Great service. As always, KOA is way over priced and this one is even worse than usual. We camped at Indianapolis KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Indianapolis KOA

Are you affiliated with Indianapolis KOA ?