Westward Ho Campground

Nashville, Indiana

Latitude: 39.190044

• yes-lake Waterfront

1 camper

Owner is a unbearable. Avoid at all cost. Broken concrete everywhere, picnic tables broken. This is the lowest class place we have ever stayed at. I have no idea how he is still in business, other than location for shopping in Nashville. Worst camping experience in my 40 years of rving. We camped at Westward Ho Campground in a Motorhome.

CincyBuckeye

Warm welcome from office staff with friendly conversation and local information. Owner met and directed us to our site and assisted with backing. The motor coach area was a fenced concrete parking lot immediately adjacent to the road so there was plenty of traffic noise. No trees, no fire ring and one old picnic table behind the coach in a grass strip between the parking lot and entrance road. In fairness, we just parked and slept there, spending the rest of our time in nearby Nashville. Didn't encounter any of the grouchy rudeness mentioned in other reviews. At checkout time we were running a bit late, but the owner said nothing and still offered a friendly wave and thank you as we pulled out. We camped at Westward Ho Campground in a Motorhome.

Teacher's Pet

Very nice owners, who go out of their way to help you enjoy your stay. Most 30 amp sites are back to back hookups with the few 50 amp sites being back in only. Sites are somewhat tight, but no problem if you and your neighbors are friends. The pool was closed for the season during our visit. This campground is actually located 4-6 miles east of Nashville in "Gnawbone". Traffic during the fall "color" time is quite heavy on SR 46, but it didn't interrupt our sleep. The rate shown is the basically weekly rate for a 30 amp site. We camped at Westward Ho Campground in a Motorhome.

7campers

There is not much to this park at all. There is hardly any shade. The sites are cramped and leave something to be desired. The owners are friendly for the most part but seem leery of children. The pool was clean. The showers were acceptable. They are picky about how or when to fish in the "lake". There is a nice path around the "lake" and you can find berries there at the right time of year. There is a flea market next door and several more right down the street if you like that kind of thing. The Little Nashville Opry in the nearby town of Nashville was fun. We camped at Westward Ho Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Savannah

We were here for a rally. A nice clubhouse for gatherings for rallies overlooking the fishing lake. Our site was plenty long enough for the MH (40 ft) and we had plenty of room for toad parking, slides and awnings. The site was level, gravel and grass. Roads are gravel so there is dust. We had no problems with the manager and his wife and enjoyed conversations with them about the area and just general conversation. We use an Verizon air card and could not get a signal. Our cell phones are also Verizon and our signal wasn't always strong. TV reception is bad so cable would be nice. We used our satellite with no problem but once the trees leaf out completely some sites probably would have problems with reception. We were in this campground a week and enjoyed ourselves. There is plenty in the area to do/see and there is a winery across the road and a flea market next door. The road out front is busy but by 11pm there was little or no traffic so sleeping with our windows open was no problem. Utilities are shared so if traveling with friends you can be awning to awning so that's nice. If we return to the Nashville area we will stay here again. We camped at Westward Ho Campground in a Motorhome.

Travelin Rose

The manager was rather ecentric but we had no problems with him. Roads were gravel. Sites were gravel/dirt and level with mostly side by side hookups (you will be close to your neighbor). Maintenance was adequate. Electricity was good. Park is big enough for big rigs. We camped at Westward Ho Campground in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

My list of complaints, highway noise, very very narrow sites, owner with a bad attitude, and
way overpriced. Had I not given my credit card number in advance I would have not spent the nite. We camped at Westward Ho Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

Actually it's located in old Gnawbone, IN, east of Nashville. I don't consider myself particularly thick skinned, but I wasn't put off by the owner/manager. He's an eccentric old coot (IMO), and not any worse than some campers we've come into contact with. We were comfortable there and would return. We had plenty of space, but the turn out of the site put us on the grass. It's not a resort, but then we don't always stay in resorts. We camped at Westward Ho Campground in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

The campground was only 30 yards from a busy, noisy road. Traffic continued all night. Sites were very close. My slideout was literally 12 inches from my neigbors slide and my awning was only 4 feet from my other neigbors awning. Sites were advertised as pull-thrus, but the owner would not allow that because of soft ground and you would cut ruts. The worst problem is the owner. If you break even the smallest rule, he will literally yell at you. He is very rude, crude, arrogant and uncivilized. He has absolutely no people skills. Several other campers commented that he had yelled at them also. This is not a pleasant campground. I would very strongly suggest that no one ever camp there. I will go home instead of camping at this campground. We camped at Westward Ho Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

I would like to repeat the below comments about the owner. Very rude, yelling at everyone constantly. Stayed one night of a four night reservation and they refused any portion of a refund. I could understand them keeping one additional night rate but three? I turned them over to the BBB but they lied about my duration of stay in the claim. I would still have left anyway. No way was I staying there another night. We camped at Westward Ho Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Westward Ho Campground?