7 Good

• Sewer Sewer no
  • Verizon Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers Verizon
  • Meeting Rooms Meeting Rooms no

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $40.00

I'm on a seasonal site here at Walnut Ridge. It's about an hour from my house, and my sister and brother in law also come out and camp--our schedules are different enough that we rarely overlap. Therefore, it's perfect for us.

Walnut Ridge the campground pre-dates the RV dealership of the same name. Apparently, once Gary Hart bought the campground way back when, they ended up selling a few campers here and there and the idea for the RV dealership was born. Most people know of the dealership first--it is a very busy place these days. There is a service center as well. If you buy from the dealership, you can spend 2 free days camping at the campground. It's a nice way to become familiar with your new purchase.

I did buy from Walnut Ridge, but I'd no idea at the time where I was going to store it. When I saw the campground and learned I could keep my new TT on a seasonal site for about the same price as paying for yearly storage, I was sold.

I love camping here. Having ready access to my trailer without having to move it is nice. It's a very quiet campground, with lots of friendly people. The grounds are kept very clean and they have lots of activities. There's mini golf, a playground and a very nice pool. The store sells ice cream. WiFi is very good. I love the trees and the birds, though not too fond of the squirrels and their destructive ways.

There are pull-through sites for temporary visitors, which I've used. I can pull my trailer out to go places, and find the roads and paths to be well kept. There aren't any poorly kept sites to be seen.

My sole complaint is the lack of sewer hookup, but I recognize that it's impossible given the hills of the place. They do offer a pump service, but I got my own honeywagon and empty that way. It's not bad. They treat you like family here, and I love it. We camped at Walnut Ridge RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

J section

Tour new trailers at the dealership. It's fun dreaming about what might come next.

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $50.00

This has more seasonal campers in it than anyone else. They have an area set up for people who have bought a new camper from them to stay for 2 nights free. Not sure if you can pick a different area to "camp" in there, but never saw anyone other than seasonal campers in other areas. There isn't any sewer hookup,only water & electric, and its hard to dump your tanks how they have it set up. It's on a hill, on a turn, and its some maneuvering to get it lined up to dump. While you are doing that, the road is pretty much blocked. The 2 days we were there, our sink, & toilet turned brown from the water. TWO DAYS! The campground is clean, is quiet, looks really nice though. If you want to go swimming, it costs $5 a person. I never knew any place that charged to swim if you are camping. I was told by the man in the office that the rates are compatible with all the campgrounds in that area. They aren't. Check for yourself. I would never stay there unless it was an emergency. It's overpriced. We camped at Walnut Ridge RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $18.00

Stayed here two nights due to weather. Closing on the 14th for the season. Beautifully kept area inside and out. Showers were not new but very clean and well maintained. We appear to be the only ones left here that are not full time. Staff is most helpful and has a wonderful supply of tools if you forgot your saw, etc. I agree that the dump station is a strange spot on the way out. Easy access, cement pads for pull through, friendly, and even they escorted us to our site. I would return. We camped at Walnut Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $18.00

90% permanent sites. Great for work being done at Walnut Ridge RV dealer who also owns the campground. . Electric & Water only. 50 amp. Out site was short but worked-would not have if I had my swivel-wheel trailer connected. Some shade but afternoon very sunny. Dump station in a lousy area-directly in path RV's come in. Charge for the pool $2.50 per person-and closed at 5pm. When temps were over 90 degrees all week this was a bit short sighted on their part. Bill's diner in town is where the locals eat. We camped at Walnut Ridge RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $36.00

The office staff was very friendly and helpful. Very attractive campground. Neat, clean. 50AMP "big rig" site had water: but NO sewer hookup! Dump station was placed on a curve, on an incline. Could not completely dump when we came in, as dump area (In the middle of the entrance to a road) on left side of coach was a steel plate placed in the asphalt. Had then to back up to maneuver into the entrance road. Site was level and gravel. Had to dump AGAIN next morning when we left to get tanks completely empty. Felt that the COST of $36 was VERY high for only water and 50AMP hookup. Turns were very tight for a 40" rig. Due to the high cost, we wouldn't return. Based on other sites we've visited throughout the US, $25 would have been more reasonable. We camped at Walnut Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $34.00

This park is primarily a seasonal park with a dozen or so sites for over nighters. It is clean and well cared for. There were both pull thru and back in overnight sites. The sites were nice sized and easy to get into and out of. They were most gracious to us when we were there. We had a broken spring that we had to replace and they allowed us to repair our rig at our site, even letting us utilize their park shop. They put us in contact with a wonderful mobile RV repairman who assisted us. We would return there if in the area again. The park is outside of a nice little town with all the necessary amenities. Aside from the problem with the RV it was a very pleasant place to visit. We camped at Walnut Ridge RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Walnut Ridge RV Park?