Terre Haute KOA

Terre Haute, Indiana

5995 East Sony Drive
Terre Haute, Indiana 47802-8904

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Terre Haute KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $45.00

This was a typical KOA, lots of sites in neat rows. It is nicely wooded which helps the looks and feel quite a bit. We found it to be a bit pricey ($50 including tax and KOA discount, for the cheapest pull-through site). Check-in was fast and friendly, and our site was level. We had good Verizon and AT&T signal, but Verizon was extremely slow (AT&T was fine). We were only here for two nights and it was below freezing the whole time so we didn't get out to see much of the campground. We'd stay again for a night or two while passing through. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $75.00

I have to say was kind of worried about this place after reading others reviews but was pleasantly surprised after getting here. The super deluxe sites are real nice with full hookups and full concrete pads. It hadn't had much rain so didn't see the flooding others have said. Looks like more gravel has been brought in for roads and pads. Little café that served breakfast in the morning and meals in the evenings. Nice, friendly staff. It's rated as a KOA Journey but we think it's a step above. Little tricky getting here off the interstate but our GPS worked just fine. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

We stayed here to go to the Covered Bridge Festival

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $73.00

We stayed in one of their new deluxe patio sites with concrete pad, outdoor furniture and updated utilities which was a nice upgrade. Unfortunately there are only 4 of these sites available and the rest of the campground has the typical KOA sites consisting of close together, gravel sites with tight roads. My main complaint as with most KOA campgrounds is that the cost of staying in these campgrounds is high for the value provided. We've stayed in many campgrounds with concrete pads and roads, good spacing between sites and lots of grassy areas for significantly less than $75 at this KOA. The office staff was friendly and helpful. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $30.00

We have been full-time travelers for six years. Never, have we been treated with such disrespect from a park owner. Our overnight pull-through was extremely un-level. To make matters worse, it was pouring rain and the space was nothing but mud. Our 40 foot motorhome would have tipped over if we tried to level. The girl who checked us in offered the adjacent space, which was OK. We accepted and we went to the office to make the change. Subsequently, the park owner came to the office and said we could not have the better site, even though it was not reserved. He disputed the dilapidated condition of the site and refused to go look at it. At that time he said, "you're out of here". We were shocked that he was going to kick us out because we simply asked for a different site. When I told him that we didn't have a place to stay for the night, his response was, "not my problem". I sent a complaint to KOA corporate. They sent a form letter back basically saying they don't care. Our KOA days are over.

This park was very hard to locate. The highway system has changed and our GPS could not take us directly there. Once there, we found the park to be well maintained. The girl at the front counter was very nice and helpful. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Featured Campgrounds Near Terre Haute KOA

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $50.00

I'm all for lakefront camping.... this is NOT it. We use KOA a lot for one night stops or quick weekends. We know what to expect. We have stayed in Terre Haute KOA (Journey) quite a bit over the years. We have stayed here 3 times this year and each stay has been worse than the last. All 3 times flooded and muddy. The park is completely unlevel as you can see from photos. We drove the motorhome over a large section of tree today just trying to get to our spot. Last time, in a full hookup spot, all the dumps were overflowed and we couldn't even dump. They refunded us $7.00 for the inconvenience. I said I wasn't coming back then.... I'm saying it again now. Never again! It's a real shame because this used to be one of our favorite spots to stop. I'm not sure what happened here but they have lost a customer for good. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $50.00

Good KOA, would have given higher rating but my rv was surrounded by at least 4" standing water after overnight rain. On the positive side, nice young man came down and unhooked my power cord so we could drive out of the site and get out on dry land. I would go back but would NOT accept site 25 or one in that row if rain were predicted. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $45.00

Nice park for an overnight stop with a very friendly/helpful staff. Park resources worked well with excellent WiFi coverage within the park. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $55.00

First off, it is very difficult finding this KOA. It's off the highway, and since new construction has taken place, DO NOT rely on your GPS to find this place. Directions on the KOA website are somewhat misleading. Upon arrival and finding the location, I checked in and was lead to my site by some red headed kid. With My Tow Vehicle and 5th wheel, we stretch 63 ft. Long. Had to pull the RV forward enough so I wasn't sticking out in the rear, leaving not much room up front to park the truck. So, I pulled in front of my 5th wheel and had my drivers side tire slightly up on the concrete pad. The red headed thing came over and had a fit about it, so I moved my truck back slightly so I wasn't touching their precious concrete. Not very friendly and simply too damned hard to locate when you are tired of driving for the day. They need better signage and also need to reduce their rates. Prices are not worth what they offer! By the way, make sure you bring an extension power cord to reach to power box. We will not stay here again. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $45.00

Getting to the park is a little tricky although close to I70, you have to travel down another highway, exit to another highway, go around the round a bout eventually getting to Tucker road. Follow Tucker that dead ends at the narrow entry to the park. The park itself was beautiful with many kid facilities including a pool. On site is a restaurant with surprisingly good food and ice cream (many flavors). Though close to I70, we did not hear freeway noise, only thunder. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $52.00

Average KOA. Stayed 2 nights, and it stormed most of the time. Our site puddled quite a bit. Dog park was small and somewhat muddy. Lots of trees so no satellite reception - tried portable dish as well but to no avail. Cable was snowy - typical for an older park. Site was level. Water pressure and WiFi were average. Staff was friendly and helpful. The donkeys were cute. Roads were navigable for our 38' rig plus Jeep in tow. Our Garmin 760 got us there just fine. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $61.00

This was our second time we have stayed here. We absolutely love this place. Very clean, the gal at the front desk was very nice and helpful if we had any questions. We absolutely love the dog play area and the small donkeys they have on site. The only thing I know is hard is how to get there. Don't trust your GPS; you will have to call to get directions. Since there are a lot of new highways there, it makes it a little bit harder to find. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $54.00

We generally stop here one night in Winter and Spring. Friendly and clean. We had full hook up. It is very pricey, but few parks are open this time of year, this far north. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $47.00

Stopped on our way back to Canada. Easy to find, nice level sites & friendly park staff. Ended up having to stay 2 nights due to tow car problems. Staff were very accommodating. Looks like it would be a nice family park in the summer. Still pretty wet & soggy when we came through. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $70.00

We stayed one night on a super deluxe pull through patio site. It was long enough for our 44 ft MH and tow. A little pricey but worth it to us. With the recent rains there was quite a bit of water in the campground and a few tight turns for a big rig towing but once we got in the space we were happy. The park has a ton of amenities, including two of the cutest mini donkeys. There is a playground, dog park and a cafe serving breakfast and dinner. It's a great park, I think it's probably beautiful in late spring summer and fall. We would stay again. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $48.00

Yes, we got lost. Construction issues. Stayed one night passing through. Friendly office staff. Pricey like most KOAs. Off season and rainy so not much going on. Tight for big rigs, site just long enough didn't have to unhitch car. Verizon and WIFI ok. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Terre Haute KOA

Are you affiliated with Terre Haute KOA ?