Terre Haute KOA

Terre Haute, Indiana

5995 East Sony Drive
Terre Haute, Indiana 47802-8904

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Terre Haute KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $50.00

Good KOA, would have given higher rating but my rv was surrounded by at least 4" standing water after overnight rain. On the positive side, nice young man came down and unhooked my power cord so we could drive out of the site and get out on dry land. I would go back but would NOT accept site 25 or one in that row if rain were predicted. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $45.00

Nice park for an overnight stop with a very friendly/helpful staff. Park resources worked well with excellent WiFi coverage within the park. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $55.00

First off, it is very difficult finding this KOA. It's off the highway, and since new construction has taken place, DO NOT rely on your GPS to find this place. Directions on the KOA website are somewhat misleading. Upon arrival and finding the location, I checked in and was lead to my site by some red headed kid. With My Tow Vehicle and 5th wheel, we stretch 63 ft. Long. Had to pull the RV forward enough so I wasn't sticking out in the rear, leaving not much room up front to park the truck. So, I pulled in front of my 5th wheel and had my drivers side tire slightly up on the concrete pad. The red headed thing came over and had a fit about it, so I moved my truck back slightly so I wasn't touching their precious concrete. Not very friendly and simply too damned hard to locate when you are tired of driving for the day. They need better signage and also need to reduce their rates. Prices are not worth what they offer! By the way, make sure you bring an extension power cord to reach to power box. We will not stay here again. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $45.00

Getting to the park is a little tricky although close to I70, you have to travel down another highway, exit to another highway, go around the round a bout eventually getting to Tucker road. Follow Tucker that dead ends at the narrow entry to the park. The park itself was beautiful with many kid facilities including a pool. On site is a restaurant with surprisingly good food and ice cream (many flavors). Though close to I70, we did not hear freeway noise, only thunder. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Terre Haute KOA

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $52.00

Average KOA. Stayed 2 nights, and it stormed most of the time. Our site puddled quite a bit. Dog park was small and somewhat muddy. Lots of trees so no satellite reception - tried portable dish as well but to no avail. Cable was snowy - typical for an older park. Site was level. Water pressure and WiFi were average. Staff was friendly and helpful. The donkeys were cute. Roads were navigable for our 38' rig plus Jeep in tow. Our Garmin 760 got us there just fine. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $61.00

This was our second time we have stayed here. We absolutely love this place. Very clean, the gal at the front desk was very nice and helpful if we had any questions. We absolutely love the dog play area and the small donkeys they have on site. The only thing I know is hard is how to get there. Don't trust your GPS; you will have to call to get directions. Since there are a lot of new highways there, it makes it a little bit harder to find. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $54.00

We generally stop here one night in Winter and Spring. Friendly and clean. We had full hook up. It is very pricey, but few parks are open this time of year, this far north. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $47.00

Stopped on our way back to Canada. Easy to find, nice level sites & friendly park staff. Ended up having to stay 2 nights due to tow car problems. Staff were very accommodating. Looks like it would be a nice family park in the summer. Still pretty wet & soggy when we came through. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $70.00

We stayed one night on a super deluxe pull through patio site. It was long enough for our 44 ft MH and tow. A little pricey but worth it to us. With the recent rains there was quite a bit of water in the campground and a few tight turns for a big rig towing but once we got in the space we were happy. The park has a ton of amenities, including two of the cutest mini donkeys. There is a playground, dog park and a cafe serving breakfast and dinner. It's a great park, I think it's probably beautiful in late spring summer and fall. We would stay again. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $48.00

Yes, we got lost. Construction issues. Stayed one night passing through. Friendly office staff. Pricey like most KOAs. Off season and rainy so not much going on. Tight for big rigs, site just long enough didn't have to unhitch car. Verizon and WIFI ok. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $40.00

Oh, my, this is definitely a destination campground and i cannot wait to go back! With construction this KOA was not easy to find but of so worth it. We were only passing through on our way home but i wanted to stay longer. Park was almost full due to Covered Bridge Festival. They even have a restaurant on site! The Pedal Kart Track was so fun looking. Even though the season was backing down, the crew was updating fending, a walking bridge, etc. One beautiful park! WOW! The group campfire site was spectacular and there are 2 huge tepees you can stay in. How fun. Loved, loved, loved! We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $48.00

Staff were friendly and lead us to our site. Site was FHU gravel. Cable TV was so snowed that could not watch. Preparing to leave the water will not turn off. Friendly staff came to check and said this valve is bad and to turn off you must leave handle in slightly open position. Told him I was not born with that knowledge so why did they not tell me this at check in or have replaced valve. Total waste of my time when I could already be on the road. Did not try WiFi. Electric was very good at 120v on each leg. Sewer hookup was broken so just set hose into opening. Park can handle a few big rigs and our rig total of 62 feet fit end to end on site 4. This KOA is very over priced and does not meet the standard expected for KOA. Would only stay again if only option. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $45.00

Well maintained KOA with good amenities for kids. They have a pool (open Memorial Day through Labor Day), pedal cars/track and two donkeys that you can feed and pet on site. This KOA also has a café which serves breakfast and dinner. We ate a couple of hamburgers and they were okay. Bathrooms were a little dated, but cleaned every day. We didn't use the showers or the laundry area. It's located close to the freeway (so you do get some road noise), but hard to find due to construction in the area. We had a pull through site and the interior roads were a tad tight due to the trees. Also, our surge protector showed a reverse polarity issue on the pole, but the owner fixed it the same day. The owner was also very helpful in assisting us when we couldn't get the cable to work. Good campground store well stocked and reasonably priced. Overall a nice KOA and we would stay here again if we were in the area. We stayed here 9/15 through 9/23 in a 40' Fifth Wheel. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Walmart and grocery stores were within a few miles, and aside from the Clabber Girl Museum and the Holocaust Museum (we didn't see either), not much else to do in the area.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $49.00

Made reservations on the road. Directions we were given was an exit number off the interstate. Usually not a problem but ther are no signs that we saw directing us to the campground. Campground was a half full at best and we were put right next to another rig. Cafe was still open when we got there. Ordered a pizza and it was delivered while we were setting up. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $49.00

We stayed here one night. The park is very nice and has lots of options. We were in a site with full hookups, no fire pit. The sites are close together and gravel. The premium sites are very nice with a large concrete pad, table & chairs with umbrella, a swing, and charcoal barbecue grill. There are nice cabins and seems like lots of things for the kids to do. The pool was closed. They have a small restaurant that serves breakfast and supper. We ate breakfast the morning we left. The food was OK. It was a bit greasy for my liking. Like most KOAs, this was a bit pricey, but if you wanted something nice in the area, you don't get many choices. Luckily our GPS gave us the same directions as the ones the park sent us. However leaving, it wanted us to make a U-turn before getting on I-70 when there was a ramp straight to I-70. Of course we chose not to follow the GPS directions. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Terre Haute KOA

Are you affiliated with Terre Haute KOA ?