Amana Colonies RV Park

Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed

Hours above shown for Central Time Zone

Ask fellow campers about "Amana Colonies RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $31.00

This park is well taken care of. With all the room they have the roads could have been made much wider. As it is you kill a lot of grass when it is wet turning into your site. It is nice and quite with perfect access to the colonies. Verizon and At&t signals were good and we were able to use their Wifi. We camped at Amana Colonies RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

F11
Asphalt, Dirt

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $30.00

This camp is centrally located for touring the Amana Towns. A huge camp with few trees, big rains could mean some soft areas around parking pads. We camped at Amana Colonies RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $17.00

Stop here quite often for an overnight. Always a good place other than when it rains. They need to angle the entrance to sites so you wouldn't need to drive onto grass. Saw a Class A get stuck and needed to be towed to get out. We camped at Amana Colonies RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

D2

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $37.00

If you have an RV with the dump fitting less that two feet off the ground, Watch out. We were part of a rally and I was assigned a site with a sewer cap about a foot over the gravel of the site. This problem meant that we could not shower in the coach with risking an overflow. The stand pipe was all glued fast so the only option was to completely unhook from the "FHU" and drive the coach to the dump facility. I don't own a macerator/pump and would not have any place to store it if I did. The thought of trying to share did occur to me, but I only carry six feet of sewer hose and have no way to carry the other eight feet and a coupler that I would have needed. If the standpipe had not been glued solid, the situation could have been remedied with little effort. Other than that, the facility has a lot to offer. They were a little crowded in the scheduling, but I can't blame them for that as it all did work out. If I should ever be there again, I will pitch a much bigger fit or refuse to stay in that situation. We camped at Amana Colonies RV Park in a Motorhome.

N-15
Fire Ring

See above. Don't pay for the site if you can't see it first to be sure you can use the sewer hook up.

Featured Campgrounds Near Amana Colonies RV Park

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $37.00

This park is huge and it is all grass, except little strips of gravel you park on. There was a really cool gathering of over 100 of those GMC motorhomes that were built between 1973 and 1978. The one that was in the Movie Stars and Stripes with Bill Murray. It was amazing how well kept up all of these 45 year old motorhomes were. I booked a pull thru, and they let me pull thru, but if the park is really full, then each site is a back to back site, and you would have to back in, but there are no trees or obstacles, so it would be ok to back in. We camped at Amana Colonies RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $37.00

This park is a big flat field with a grid of access roads. The sites are narrow gravel, but plenty long. All the sites are technically back-in's, but if an adjacent site is vacant, you can pull through. If back to back sites are occupied. you'll be looking out your back window right at the back of the next RV. This is a PA park, but I didn't realize that when I made the reservation, so the best rate I could get was the Good Sam discount. We camped at Amana Colonies RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

You can bike into Amana, easiest from the west gate of the park. A short drive down a paved road gets you to miles of bike trails which go to all the colonies, along the river. You might want to try the Rhubarb wine from Ackerman Winery.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $30.00

The price listed above reflects a Passport discount and their posted rate for the remainder of our stay. This is a nice campground, and like the other reviewers have said, it's just a field with water, electric, and sewer hookups. There are immature trees planted between the sites, which we prefer, and the sites are extra long, gravel and set up to accommodate four rigs sharing the utilities. We were here in September, and didn't have another rig within 100 feet of us, so I can't complain about being in close quarters. This park is exceptionally clean, except for the roads, which are coarse gravel over dirt. The lower portion of our coach is painted black, and that light colored dust completely covered our coach. I was embarrassed when looking at the rear view mirrors, at the total white-out we created as we pulled through the park. There are several buildings situated in the park and many are used for special events throughout the season. While we were here, we got to attend a gem and mineral show and auction in one of the buildings. The staff here were very friendly and helpful, and the other campers were as well. I won't hesitate to return when we are next in the area, and have already recommended this campground to some of our friends who travel. We camped at Amana Colonies RV Park in a Motorhome.

F11
Gravel, Dirt, Grass

You must take a quiet walk through Amana and the surrounding villages. It's like a walk back in history, with the addition of some tourist traps. As well, a trip to Iowa City is a must

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $45.00

This is a very simple CG. It was apparently and old farm field and then water, sewer and electric were run. All sites are back to back so if you are the first one to your pair it is a "Pull Thru" If not the second to arrive has to back in. We were lucky! The water and electric pedestals serve four sites ie. one pedestal has four outlets to take care of the four back to back coaches. It was different but once we understood the program, it was fine. The sites are just grass with gravel 2-tracks. The"7" rating reflects that this is a no frills spot. A major plus is that this is a great place to explore the area and its history. Lots of good places to eat. We have friends in the area and will stay here again when visiting. We camped at Amana Colonies RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $36.00

The campground is a giant field with lush grass and adolescent trees, they are getting bigger. It very well kept and the staff is great. If it's not too busy you get a pull-thru but the sites become back-ins when they fill up. The hook-ups are all good but 4 RVs share the setup when they are crowded. There are hundreds of ground squirrels through out the place. They keep dogs entertained. We camped at Amana Colonies RV Park in a Motorhome.

N7

Amana Villages is full of unique shops and many German restaurants.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $18.00

A wide open spacious park with long back to back sites so that if you are first in it is a pull thru, the roads and sites are too narrow but other than that nothing but good things to say We camped at Amana Colonies RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $20.00

This is a great park , Peaceful . We stayed here twice with 2 days in between stay . good 50 amp , water pressure Wi Fi worked good . If your in a big rig and weather is wet you may have some trouble as roads are narrow . If its dry no problem . We stay in a 45' motorhome. We camped at Amana Colonies RV Park in a Motorhome.

W2

A lot of Little shops in Amana. Good food

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $33.00

This is a rally/convention park with large level sites, grass and gravel, some with young trees. Good electric and water supplies (and CG was less than 20% occupied when we were there.) CG is well-managed: office staff is organized and helpful; bathrooms and laundry were clean and in good repair. Excellent Wifi, some OTA television stations. Verizon service was also excellent. We spent a week there and will stay there again. We would have loved a swimming pool but that may have been impractical in an Iowa campground of this size. We camped at Amana Colonies RV Park in a Motorhome.

W03

If you like thin-crest pizza, seek out P.H.A.T. Daddy's; their Supreme pizza is the best we've had in years. P.H.A.T. Daddy's doesn't advertize much and we had to search for it. (They are located in the same building as Serena's Coffee Shop which does have a large sign.)

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $34.00

The whole campground was tidy and neat. It is set up for tail to tail sites meaning the hook ups will be in the rear so you may need additional hoses. AT & T phone did not work at the site, but the free wifi worked just fine. The "pad" is about 7 feet wide, I think it was originally 8 feet, but with grass encroachment it has narrowed. If you had prepaid, someone will meet you on the way in and no need to stop at the office and after you get your packet you are escorted to your site. The only issue I have is the sewer connection is such that it runs uphill!!!. We camped at Amana Colonies RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

FW-15

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $19.00

Large park with excellent facilities. All sites are back in but that didn't bother us. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would definitely go back! We camped at Amana Colonies RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

12X

I recommend a stop in Amana, Iowa, just down the road to tour the shops and eat at the German restaurant. Also, don't miss the general store in Amana! It has a huge Christmas shop!

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $35.00

This is a great RV Park and a great place to camp. It is a huge park that can hold hundreds of rigs. The sites a grass with gravel where your tires go. It is right next to the Amana Colonies in IA. This is a very nice place to stop. The local food is good and not expensive. The villages are historic and have some museum type places and lots of shops. However there is little junk shops and mostly craft type places. I highly recommend this as a stop. We camped at Amana Colonies RV Park in a Motorhome.

Other

Be sure to see all five villages.

Featured Campgrounds Near Amana Colonies RV Park

Are you affiliated with Amana Colonies RV Park ?