Interstate RV Park

Davenport, Iowa

8448 N Fairmount St
Davenport, Iowa 52806

• Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no

Ask fellow campers about "Interstate RV Park" and nearby attractions.

LvR

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $43.00

The campground is easy access from I-80 with gravel roads throughout and sites that are either gravel or grass. The CG is nicely maintained with flowers and trees throughout. Although it is close to the highway, there is quite a bit of open land around the campground which is very pretty and helped to make it quiet. We drive a 45 foot MH with a tow and were able to navigate into, through, and out of the park with the car attached, although we did brush the trees throughout the CG. The sites are gravel with grass between and close together. Sewer is to the rear of the site with water and electric to the middle. Utilities worked fine and water pressure was good. We were in the pull-through sites at the entrance to the CG and our site was satellite friendly and also very good OTA reception. There is no cable in the CG. We did not use the Wi-Fi, rest rooms, or laundry so cannot comment on that. Verizon reception adequate for gentle internet use. There is no designated dog park and we saw folks walking their dogs through the campground and along the perimeter. It was hot when we were there and many patrons were enjoying the pool, which looked clean and refreshing. The office receptionist was extremely friendly. We would use this campground again if we were in the area. We camped at Interstate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Nearby, Very Close

There is a Flying J at the same exit as the campground.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $16.00

We selected this park for a month because they advertised 50A electric hookups and reliable wi-fi. However, only 20% of their sites have 50A available, and those are all occupied by long-term residents. The rest are 30A only. In addition, the park's two Wi-Fi networks have only one antenna each, and both are at or beside the office. Neither reaches our site, which is near the other end of the RV Park. Our picnic table (and many others at other sites) are weather-beaten and appear unsafe. They're so bad that long-term residents have moved the park's picnic tables aside and purchased their own.

If you plan to stay here and you need 50A electricity and/or useable Wi-Fi, I recommend getting a commitment IN WRITING, IN ADVANCE, that you will have both, and a WRITTEN guarantee of a full refund of all deposits or other monies paid if the park cannot deliver all promised amenities. We camped at Interstate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $34.00

Nice campground and convenient for an overnight stay just off I-80. Owners were wonderful. With the windows open there was some minor noise from the highway but it was not really a big issue. We'd stay there again. We camped at Interstate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $44.00

We arrived 15 minutes before closing. The site #9 was a pull-thru with full hook-ups. The sites are a little tight for our rig The site had a picnic table on a concrete slip which was busted up as heavy RV's have driven over them. The lady in the office was very nice. We would stay again if ever in the area. We camped at Interstate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Interstate RV Park

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $30.00

Just checked in on a 93 degree day in late Sept. Park is relatively clean and the sites are fairly level. Campground is convenient to I-80 but the entry could use better signage. Many of the cement patios are useable but in need of repair. On this 93 degree day I was looking forward to a brief swim. The disgusting filth in the pool would scare a turtle away. Oddly, the gate to the pool was open for use. I saw sign requiring a HAZMAT suit but I wouldn't go in if I had one. We camped at Interstate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Very close to HWH Leveling if you need to have work done there. HWH has several electric only sites available to customers in their yard.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $42.00

Very convenient to I-80. Roads and sites are hard pack dirt. Getting out from our site, #59, was a bit tight. Sites are level and long. Each has a concrete patio, but ours and several others we noticed were in terrible shape. A lawsuit waiting to happen. Picnic table. The utilities worked good and most sites looked to be satellite friendly. The restrooms were nice. Staff was very friendly and courteous. We camped at Interstate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $40.00

Price seemed reasonable for a park with every amenity and where everything worked. Sites were adequately long and wide and utility placement was fine. The gravel roads were not a problem. Wifi worked well except in the evenings, typical. Good satellite TV reception in site #12. The pool was lovely. We would stay here again. We camped at Interstate RV Park in a Motorhome.

The Shed Restaurant is right across I-80. Think the original Cracker Barrel. We stopped in on a Saturday night and the line was out the door.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $44.00

My only real problem with this park is the price. It's certainly a decent place to stay, but the price is out of line for the area (I'm talking about the daily rate for 50 amp FHU). They have a limited number of 50 amp sites, so this year they have a rule that you can't stay in a 50 amp site longer than 5 days. They do keep it fairly full, I suppose due to convenient access to I-80. There are also a lot of long-term units in the 30 amp sections, and they are well-kept. The gravel parking drives are kind of narrow and very close to the power pedestals and hydrants. Watch your slides. We camped at Interstate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $42.00

We stayed here one night and I agree with previous comment. Convenient to I-80 and Flying J. Staff was very nice. The new Wifi worked great. It took a bit to understand how to connect to it but once I did that it worked very well and certainly better than many parks we have visited on this trip. Park was quiet and clean. Sites were a little tight but acceptable. We would stay here again. We camped at Interstate RV Park in a Motorhome.

dem

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $40.00

Park is ok for an overnight stop. It's convenient to I-80 and Flying J / Loves Fuel Stops. Sites are gravel and slightly narrow. Sites are level and long enough but utility placement is strange. Our water hookup was on the door side of the rig. Park just got new WiFi installation and WiFi is terrible. The signal is so weak it's very hard to get a connection even though less than 100' from the tower. The old service was better. We camped at Interstate RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

The Shed restaurant is just on the other side of the Interstate. Very nice home style food.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $42.00

Great overnight stop. Paid $42.00 with Good Sam discount, did not research other options in area for price & location, spur of moment decision. Close to interstate and truck stops for fuel. Roads could use work but not that bad, seen much worse. We arrived after hours without a reservation, helped our self to site 3, up front by office. Appears this section has all the transients; all units left next morning but one. Full hookups, all working. Site was somewhat narrow but adequate for our overnight. Park looks appealing and appears to have majority of fulltime/seasonal residents. Did not use or checkout any of the showers or Wi-Fi. Good Verizon connection. Our spot did have a tree that blocked satellite reception. Met staff in the morning, every one very friendly. We would consider staying here again if in area. We camped at Interstate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $42.00

We stayed here several nights as I had to catch up on the laundry. The park was clean, quiet had a great DVD selection in the office. I was disappointed in the laundry as it only had 4 small washers and 3 dryers. All needed to be updated. Other than that, our stay was great. The park had a lot of full timers, but was well maintained. We camped at Interstate RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $42.00

Used as an overnight stop on a rainy, grey day. Gravel pads with some standing water and mud due to the rain. Water and electric hookup, no sewer. Most of the park seemed to be full of longer stay people and workers. It was quiet for the most part, perhaps due to the rain so no one was out. There was an obvious effort to keep the restrooms very clean. The women's room had four shower stalls and four toilet stalls, no paper towels and one hand dryer. I did not use the shower. The internet password that was provided didn't work and the office was closed for the day before we discovered that fact. This park worked fine for an overnight stop. We camped at Interstate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $42.00

The gravel entrance to the park is very rough in terms of potholes and uneven surface. I use RV "Parks" as advertised which is an overnight stay right by the interstate. This place fit the bill, however the price is out of line as far as I'm concerned. No cable, shared water with neighboring site, and had about 5 feet between our slide and the neighbors. I would expect to pay about $25-$30 per night for an RV "Park" (not campground) such as this. I would only us this business again if I had no other choices. We camped at Interstate RV Park in a Motorhome.

nine

Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $40.00

We stay here almost every year. Back in 2011 I wrote a letter to the Park owner that the driveway entering the Park needed repair. Turns out it's not obvious that they ever did anything. The result is the first thing that you experience when entering the Park is a bumpy road with deteriorating asphalt. Not a great start.

When I went to move the picnic table one of the top pieces came off in my hand. We camped at Interstate RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Not big enough for my travel trailer

A must-do when camping here is dinner at the Machine Shed Restaurant about a mile down the road. Best Iowa pork on the planet.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Featured Campgrounds Near Interstate RV Park

Are you affiliated with Interstate RV Park ?