Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Monticello (formerly Walnut Acres)

Monticello, Iowa

22128 IA-38
Monticello, Iowa 52310

Longitude: -91.19244

• Public Phone Public Phone ?
  • Cable/Sat. TV Hookup Cable/Sat. TV Hookup ?
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Monticello (formerly Walnut Acres)" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $41.00

It was the end of the season and they were closing I a couple of days. We stayed 1 night on our way home from a month long trip. They people were very friendly, even going to get up firewood as theirs was very wet from a big rain storm. Many seasonal campers with lots of activities on the river and a large pond. Great WIFI, a little run down, but it was the end of the season. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Monticello (formerly Walnut Acres) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $46.00

Let me start with that this campground is nice (not outstanding by any means) but being a JellyStone, it better be. I do my share of camping and one thing I usually find is as a camper we are there to have a good time which may include staying up late by the fire and catching up on times with friends. I understand the quite hours but really, a person cant even have fun at campgrounds any more. I'm not saying being out of control, but just wanting to stay up and share a few laughs. By 9pm, this campground became a ghost town. On top of my extremely priced site at 46/night, I had to pay an additional fee for vehicles. I have a large family and we all work different hours, NEVER have I had to pay for additional cars at $10/vehicle/night. I was quite taken back, even offered to leave the vehicle at entrance which we have done at other campgrounds with never no problems, but no had to pay just to have on grounds. Well do the math, that a pretty high priced stay at a campground which may explain why it was very empty from what I am used to for campgrounds. I also wanted to reserve a site close to a friends permanent site and was told the only thing available was this site and the site next to me (which upon getting setup I found would have been closer to what I requested, not to mention there was only one other site being taken on this whole line, I really felt they put me the farthest distance away on purpose. Unfortunately, I will not return cause I can stay 2 nights at many campgrounds within same distance for the same price as the standard rate for one night here, and second off I was not impressed with it being a Jellystone Park, I guess my expectations are to high for the Park Name. I also was very distraught by many campers complaining about the owner of the campground, whom I understand used to be a great person, but has gone downhill within the last year to 2 years. I don't know them personally, but its not good when seasonal renters don't have much good to say. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Monticello (formerly Walnut Acres) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017

We were incredibly grateful to receive three nights free, as they participate in the Tents for Troops program, where Active Duty military get free nights. Our site was spacious, and navigating the roads was easy. The only negative was that quiet hours were in the rules, but not enforced. Regardless, the late-night noise wasn't as bad as some places we have experienced. The kids enjoyed the pool, the playground, and the jump pad. After a string of dry camping, they especially appreciated the amenities. We would definitely return to Monticello Jellystone. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Monticello (formerly Walnut Acres) in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $36.00

Very nice campground lots to do. Fishing, tubing and activity calendar for kids to do. Front desk personnel were helpful with any questions you might have. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Monticello (formerly Walnut Acres) in a Travel Trailer.

A7

Tubing down the Maquekota river and Fareway grocery store, plus Pizza Ranch near by.

Featured Campgrounds Near Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Monticello (formerly Walnut Acres)

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $35.00

We were here overnight. We needed a level pull through site; they had a site that exactly met our needs.

The staff was courteous.

The signs had been taken down due to some renovations so we were a little confused when we arrived.

They are changing their name to Monticello Jellystone. The receipt said that and the man at the front desk had that embroidered on his shirt. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Monticello (formerly Walnut Acres) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $37.00

This is a pretty campground from a distance but as you get close it gets a little rough looking. The sites are close together and well shaded. some sites might get sat TV with a portable unit, and OTA is not bad with 12 channels. The sites are gravel/grass/dirt as are the interior roads. Big rigs will not have any problems maneuvering and parking. We experienced no water pressure on a couple of occasions and the WIFI was useless. You could connect to their system but not to the internet, and they had no clue how to fix it. The park was virtually deserted during our middle of the week stay, but would be busy on the weekends based on the number of seasonal units. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Monticello (formerly Walnut Acres) in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $34.00

Very nice park and the owners are super people. The only reason I did not give a 10 rating is because they do not have cable and they allow campfires (because of my asthma this keeps me inside the camper when I would much rather be out and about walking around and meeting people). We have stayed here many times over the past 10 years and have always had a good time. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Monticello (formerly Walnut Acres) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $35.00

Stayed here one night, and we wished we could have stayed longer. Great park. Nice people. Quiet place. Super long pull-through site was great. Nice shaded spots. No cable, so satellite reception could be difficult. Sites were wide and gravel parking with grass between sites. Private fishing lake that is stocked. No license needed. Close to the town where everything is available. Would stay here again. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Monticello (formerly Walnut Acres) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $27.00

Had a great weekend. Kids had so much to do with hayrides, crafts, fishing, 2 playgrounds. We stayed near the back of the park, and it was so nice to be able to wagon wheel our campers with friends. Can't believe they bounced back so well from last years flood. Love this place. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Monticello (formerly Walnut Acres) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $28.00

I found this park to be greatly unkempt. For the most part there are no pads to park on. The pad sites are for the seasonal campers. The grass looked as if it had not been cut for a couple weeks. The tables and the floors in two covered areas were full of bird droppings, making them unusable. I will only return if I have to. For the dollars paid, it is far over priced. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Monticello (formerly Walnut Acres) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $26.00

Wow: what a great weekend. They certainly bounced back from the floods last year. They had so much to do for the kids: crafts, games, movie, hayride, 2 playgrounds. We hardly saw the kids all weekend. Owners actually came by and asked us if there was anything we needed! Couldn't believe the proactive attitude. We will be back. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Monticello (formerly Walnut Acres) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $23.00

the camp occupies a large acreage with many pull through sites but the park borders a large river and was underwater for lengthy period earlier this year or last year. Our 50amp breaker malfunctioned and the new owner changed it immediately citing water as the culprit. It rained our only night there and water and mud was everywhere. The laundry room being renovated due to water damage. It has the potential to be a nice place for an overnight or extended stay if not for the current water issues. The new owners friendly and helpful. It needs rock and cosmetic attention. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Monticello (formerly Walnut Acres) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $29.00

The first thing I noticed this visit was that they need to clean up the area around the office. That being said, the campground itself was clean with the exception of the bathrooms (not horrible, but definitely not clean). They have added swings to the newer playground, which the kids loved. I expected the campground to be busier on a holiday weekend, but there were still sites available. The weekend hay rack rides are loved by all and this time they had several little cars pulled train like that were really cute. The owners and staff are very friendly as always and go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one. The Wi-Fi was not working this weekend. Excellent view of the fireworks from campsite. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Monticello (formerly Walnut Acres) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2008 - $25.00

As stated in the May post, this campground has had to deal flooding all summer. In talking to the owner they had 8 floods this summer. With that said, the park was great with much to do. My only neg. comment was the width of the gravel pads. I think they could have made them wider. This however may be fixed by next year. A great park I plan on returning. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Monticello (formerly Walnut Acres) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2008 - $22.00

We just got back from another visit to Walnut Acres. I must say that holiday weekends are quite over crowded, they had us wedged in like sardines! We paid for electric and had to run our extension cord across two other sites to get it. I'm not certain if the sites were supposed to have water, we were told that water was available however the campers all around us had all hooked up to the only available water sources with splitters. We unhooked them and filled our tanks and then hooked them back up. These sites (in the 700's) were the smallest sites we have ever camped in by far! Many people were unable to even put their awnings out because the sites were too small. This seemed to be a problem mainly in the sites that we had been placed. Otherwise the campground is still very nice. Plenty of activites for the kids, two playgrounds, free Friday movies at the pavilion, hay rides, fishing, beach, basketball, volleyball and more. Our kids love Walnut Acres and they never complain of having nothing to do! My son tells me that there are new owners this year, we will see how it goes this summer, but so far so good. Everyone that you run into here has a smile or a wave, they truly make you feel welcome! They are currently having many problems with flooding (as is most of eastern Iowa) and have had to pull seasonal campers out at least a couple of times this year, one of the chances you take to enjoy beautiful sites along the river. PS- Love the Bunny Tracks ice cream! We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Monticello (formerly Walnut Acres) in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Monticello (formerly Walnut Acres) ?