Big Chief RV Park

2649 US Highway 169
Coffeyville, Kansas 67351

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Big Chief RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $25.00

Nice campground - We stayed just one night; all grass sites (recently mowed), all pull through. Only complaint - Trash dumpster is all the way at the rear/corner. Too far to walk in the heat! Free WiFi. We camped at Big Chief RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $25.00

We've been here about 4 months now and I have to say we really enjoy it. Here you have more space and I don't feel like they are just waiting for us to do something wrong. The internet works great most of the time. We have a smart TV and are able watch Netflix and Hulu. We were worried about staying here because everyone said it flooded so bad but I've yet to see the swampy mess everyone has described. Sure there is mud but you are in gravel and grass what do you expect? Our driveway and yard at home are worse than it is here. We did have a hard time finding it at first as our GPS took us 4 miles past it. The easiest way to get here from Coffeyville is to take the first right after the Walmart exit onto the industrial road. The price is good and it's nice not having to pay for the first 500kwh every month. The managers from the previous reviews are also not here anymore. The two couples that have run the place since we've been here are nice and have done everything they could to help us enjoy staying here. If we come back to this area in the future we will definitely stay here. And they are also pet friendly which is a huge plus for us! We camped at Big Chief RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2013 - $25.00

Nightmare experience. We toughed it out for six months. We know the staff well. Bad service. Nasty personalities. Very ugly, muddy park. Bad environment to live in. They care about money not people. We camped at Big Chief RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2013 - $25.00

Not only are the sites all still muddy after rain, but promised gravel to correct the situation has not been delivered after over a week of this. No one ever seems to be in the office and the office is closed on Saturday and Sunday -- unheard of in the hospitality industry. So don't even consider this place if you don't arrive on a week day. On the plus side, laundry is cheap - $2 per wash and $1 to dry. All top loader washers. It is the most convenient to Amazon and the sites are well spaced. But that's about the only good things I can say. We camped at Big Chief RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Big Chief RV Park

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $25.00

Big Chief becomes a swamp when the weather is rainy, and for many days afterward. The hosts are very rude and will double up rigs on sites just to make an extra buck. If a patron complains or refuses to double, the hosts have no problem kicking the patron out of the campground. The showers are only hot if no one is washing clothes in the laundry room. The garbage bins are often overflowing because the hosts don't schedule pickup often enough. The internet is terrible because too many campers are packed onto one router. We camped at Big Chief RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $25.00

Park is actually in Liberty and close to Coffeyville, access is off the Industrial Road and not off Hwy 169. Big gravel sites - all pull through. Wi-Fi worked which was surprising as we parked a long way away from the office. The laundry is clean and modern. The managers are exceptionally friendly and cannot do enough to make one feel at home. Wonderful RV park. We camped at Big Chief RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $15.00

After I got hooked up the day I arrived at Big Chief, the manager came by and said I might have to double up even though there was only one electrical pedestal and one sewer connection and one water connection. I explained to him that Amazon was paying for an entire site for me and doubling up would be unacceptable. I know of others who were doubled up and I know of some who left because of it. A few weeks later the office started closing on the weekends. Management stated that Amazon suggested that as a means to improve relations between campers and park management, which by this time had deteriorated badly. It seemed strange to me that they would try to improve customer relations by reducing available services. I checked with Amazon and Amazon made no such recommendation. On another day I went to pick up my mail which I had forwarded to the Big Chief. Management said there was no mail for me. I decided to check for myself and found the mail which was two days overdue. Very poor management. Other reviewers have used the terms "swamp" or "mud pit". I would agree with those assessments. I gave Big Chief two stars because, (1) the sites are decent size, and (2) it is convenient to Amazon. I will not stay there again. We camped at Big Chief RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $27.00

Big park with only a few RV's. It appears most of the RV's here are those of workers. The sites are all pull throughs which are large, gravel and (surprisingly) level. There is Wi-Fi although it tended to shut off for no reason. The laundry room appeared clean and the manager was helpful. This park is a good spot for an overnight stay. No discounts available to lower site cost. We camped at Big Chief RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2011 - $15.00

Nice clean RV Park. Directly across the street from Amazon and very handy to walk or bike to working at Amazon. Laundromat was just completed in Fall 2011 and had good machines - not commercial though. Nothing exciting about the park. It is primarily a RV Park for workers coming into Amazon for the seasonal rush. We camped at Big Chief RV Park in a Motorhome.

krb

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $1.00

This is a park across the street from Amazon.com. Sites are occupied by workampers hired by Amazon, and paid for by Amazon. Gravel road, gravel sites with some grass and weeds between. Park has only been open for 2 years so they are still working on it. Bath house and laundry opening in October. Full hook-ups with 50 amps. Fine for a convenient place to stay while working at Amazon. We camped at Big Chief RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Big Chief RV Park

Are you affiliated with Big Chief RV Park ?