Dodge City, Kansas

Dodge City, Kansas 67801

Recent Rate: $36 7/2016

• Water Spigot Water Spigot no
  • Overflow Parking Overflow Parking no
  • ATT, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT,Verizon,Sprint,T-Mobile,U.S. Cellular
  • Phone Phone yes
  • Arcade Games Arcade Games yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes
  • Casino Casino yes

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $36.00

The park as noted needs some TLC. It has long pull throughs in the back but they are at 90 degree angle to the road, a little angle on them would make them a little easier to get into. The overhanging trees are what brought it down from a 9 to a 7. They need to be trimmed. With a full wall on one side and regular slides on the other it was fun trying to avoid hitting the power pedestal with the wall and keep the overhanging trees off the other side of my coach. It was doable but why have to if some trees were trimmed. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

Scraping Branches

Thank you for your review.

The park was built in 1978 when there was no sides or 45 ft RV's with 35 ' Box Trailers behind them. Why they built it without a slant is anyone's guess. I only know I have some of the biggest RV's you have ever seen parked in here with no mishaps and I have pictures to prove it. Whenever possible I can move you when you ask, since not all sites have trees. The trees are cut twice a year and my son in law will cut some of the small branches when asked between cuttings. With some of my sites being up to 100 feet long, usually RV's can park between the tress and stay off the utilities when parked in the center of the site both ways.

I run this park all by myself with the help of family when they can help. I try my best to run a tip top park, But keeping up with the trees along with everything else can be overwhelming.

Thanks again

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $36.00

Stayed here as a stop over to Wyoming. Hosts were nice. The camp site was quick and easy to get into. We had a group of 5 RVs and they placed all next to each other. Easy to see Dodge City. We would stay again. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Dodge City

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

It was a pleasure to have you here. Hope your trip went well.

Thank you for this wonderful Review.
Ruth and My Mom Helen

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $34.00

This is another campground fading because of total lack of enthusiasm from the ownership. This place has been for sale for years.

Web site claims they have cable, they don't.

Web site claims they have Wi-Fi. It didn't work well.

Electric was on an old rusted pedestal.

There was a tree above my site that scratched my roof all night long.

There is a train across the street but the noise when it goes by is loud enough to make you think it jumped its tracks.

The price for what was offered was outrageous.

This place just added to my overall disappointment concerning Dodge City. The whole place is a joke. if you have to be in Dodge for some reason stay here only if you have no other choice. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thank you your review, sorry you were so disappointed here. Knowing who you are, this review comes as a shock to me.

May you find happiness somewhere in this huge world
mrk

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $36.00

Very level pull thru, had no problem with our 45ft. Coach with tow fitting in site. WiFi was excellent, 50 amp was strong, check in by owner was very friendly and she put us in an excellent spot for satellite. Very little road noise at night with the windows open. We have stayed here before and will return again when in the area. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thank you for this wonderful review and rating.

It is always a pleasure to have nice folks like you staying here at the park.

Til we meet again, Happy trails,

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $37.00

Stayed here for one night while visiting Dodge City. Site was long and level. Trees blocked satellite and park no longer has cable service. Restrooms were very clean, but a long walk from my site. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

Thank you for your review.

If you are ever out this way again, call ahead and if i can fit you in up front, you can get your satellite out and be close to the restrooms. Hoping I Cox can figure out a better way to get Cable back into my park. Cox is working on it. Out back I do have a few sites without big trees, so we'll aim for those sites.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $36.00

Stayed 2 nights. Owner is very pleasant, but has endured a terrible tragic loss recently. The park is about 1 mile away from the new casino on the west side of Dodge City.
As mentioned, the park does need some repair. Cable is no longer available, and we were only able to get 2 stations on our digital antenna. Interior roads are pretty rough. Very large gravel on the site drives. Grass is non existent. The green we had was mass weeds that are loaded with small beebee sized stickers. Keep your pets reigned in. We pulled literally hundreds of these stickers off of our Bichon, and still are a week later.
If you're sensitive to noise, this is not the place for you. Trains are across the street (Route 50) all hours of the day. The first time you hear a train blow its horn for the railroad crossing across the street ...will make your heart stop. It's loud... Route 50, a main east/west thoroughfare, borders the park on the south side and is very close on the east side, so you have truck/traffic noise 24/7.
We went to the pool, only to find out that it was not heated, and very cold, so we left. Concrete around the pool is in serious need of repair as well.
Probably the best choice in Dodge City though. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Boot Hill Museum ($9.00) in Dodge City is excellent and well worth the visit. They also have an evening dinner show, serving a nice beef brisket dinner with dessert and a fun 1 1/2 hour show. You can see the museum during the day, and return for the dinner show at 6PM, for $30.00, well worth the price.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thank you for you review. Nice of you to take time out of your day to write.

Yes, unfortunately the Railroads where built first across America , then our Highways, followed by the RV'er who wants an easy on and off the road. I myself have only found destination parks free of Highways, Railroads and/or Airports.

Yes, I still am working on getting things fixed around here such as the pool deck and road ways. Hard to get people around here to give you a bid. Let alone do the work. I do the best I can. Also working with Cox to get Cable back in here but not looking so great. Travelers will be finding more and more parks without Cable do to the way the Digital Signal has to be brought in now. So Sad.

I have had campers here tell me there is places you can walk without getting the goat heads in your doggies feet. Sorry, but here in Kansas there is no getting around having those pesky things. Not sure where you were parked at cause almost everyone loves the grass they have on their sites and my return guest ask for it.

Again, Thank you for your review

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $38.00

Stayed 2 nights to visit Dodge City and Marshal Dillon (disappointed). Site was level and gravel. Electric, water, and wifi ok but it was very hot - especially coming from mountains of CO. Park definitely needs some TLC but heard that owner recently lost her husband. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Dodge city too comercialized. We had hoped that they would have saved their the heritage but city has grown up too much and the old west is confined to the "Boot Hill Museum" - read that as tourist trap.

Thank you for your review.

Sorry about the heat. I don't like it much either.

My son-in-law helps me out but he got hurt on his job. Sure hope he is better soon.

I do the very best I can, with Gods help.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $36.00

Small campground but plenty of larger sites in back, all pull-through. We tow with a class 8 tractor and had plenty of room, just had to be careful. Site long enough for truck, camper, and our Smart Car to fit. Probably the best choice in the area. Ice cream at store in evening was good to have and very generous helpings. No more cable but got enough over the air for our 3 night stay plus kept my worrying wife updated on the weather. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Office staff very friendly, She seem to be the only one running the place so if you get the answering service have patience and she will get back to you.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thank you so much for your review.

Nice to hear from you larger rigs to reassure all the other large RVs that I really have sites for you guys.

Hope you stop by again and see me real soon.

Thanks again

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $36.00

The best RV park for miles around. Located near the new Casino just outside Dodge City. Clean campground with swimming pool and well equipped playground. Verizon Cell LTE is fast and the Park offers solid Wifi. Gravel pull through site with 50 amp service, water, sewer, grass, picnic table and a some nice trees. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Upper Loop

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thank you so much for this Awesome review.

It was my pleasure to have you here. Hope you stop by again.

Again, Thank you and Happy Trails.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $35.00

We loved our stay at this park. We were there for 2 nights and used the laundry facility. Everything looked very nice, clean, attractively decorated with cute sense of humor sayings. Adorable playground, doggie area, beautiful green grass and convenient store. Owner is conscientious and makes sure you are aware of rules to help keep campground maintained well. We would definitely go back there again! We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

B66

Boot Hill museum is down the street. It was very interesting and many details were involved with the displays. There are several buildings and the American Indian display was very well done with music, lighting and sound effects... one of the best I have seen. We spent several hours visiting.

Many fun and varied restaurants were also available. Great town to visit.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thank you so much for your review!!!

Always good to see people do really appreciate everything I do to make their stay as good as it can be.

Hope to see you back real soon

Happy Trails and God Bless!!!

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $36.00

Location is great. Quiet. Long pull-thru. WiFi was great. The interior roads were some of the worst we've run into. HUGE rocks and uneven gravel. Picnic tables need to be replaced. Be prepared to hear the rules when you check in. Overall, not bad. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

The large gravel is in place to act as a good base source before final covering on top. The large rigs as yourself tear up the corners bad when it rains. Working on getting someone who can finsh the work my husband started before his death.

Also have also been working on the picnic tables as well as other up dates. Hope to have things up to snuff soon.

Again Thank you and Happy Trails

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $36.00

Got there at the end of the season, which may affect my evaluation - lots of open space with the vacant sites, not a lot of people creating noise or litter etc. But seemed to be a very well kept up, very clean park. And the owner seemed to be quite adamant about the rules. Probably the best option in town. Didn't have a problem with road or train noise. Sites are graveled but the gravel portion is quite narrow, you got to hit it right to have all your tires on gravel. With rain I can see why ruts are left at corners. I'd stay again. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $34.00

The park is close to town and casino. The Wi-Fi was about the best we have seen at any park. The road and sites are gravel. There are trees at just about every site, which blocked our satellite signal. The cable tv worked fine, but it was just a basic package, and we found that antenna tv worked best. Our site was level, and all the hookups were very accessible. There is a gated entrance, that is closed at night. There was some highway noise, with the semis using their Jake brakes. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $36.00

Location, Location, Location. This park is handy to all there is to see in Dodge City and surrounds. We were here at the end of the season so pool etc closed but laundry is open 24 hours, clean bathrooms and a well stocked store. For security a gate code is given on arrival as gate is closed at 8pm. Excellent wi-fi and cell coverage. We used a pullthru site with plenty of room in the back section and although rail line across the road, there was only about 1 train per night and totally bearable. This is a very well run and maintained park. Owner very accommodating. Would highly recommend and we would stay here again. We camped in a 38ft motorhome with tow. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $33.00

We stayed in the back section in a pull thru site which was plenty long enough for our 42 foot RV and large truck. The WIFI was slow but acceptable, my Verizon MIFI worked better. Our site had trees that blocked our satellite antenna but the park had good cable TV. The staff was very friendly and patrolled the park regularly seeking out any rule breakers. There is train noise but it's acceptable. The location of the park is perfect for exploring Dodge and nearby places although the city itself is not that big a deal. The park does have a gate closing at night so don't forget your gate code should you happen be out past 8pm. Lastly the spaces and surface roads are gravel so drive slowly thru the park and you may need blocks under your jacks/stabilizers. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Boot hill museum, Fort Dodge, and Santa Fe Trail Tracks are all nearby...

Goodland KOA

Goodland, Kansas

USI RV Park

Wichita, Kansas

RJ's RV Park

Garden City, Kansas

Air Capital RV Park

Wichita, Kansas

Are you affiliated with Gunsmoke RV Park?