Dodge City, Kansas

Dodge City, Kansas 67801

Recent Rate: $38 9/2016

• Water Spigot Water Spigot no
  • Overflow Parking Overflow Parking no
  • ATT, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT,Verizon,Sprint,T-Mobile,U.S. Cellular
  • Phone Phone yes
  • Arcade Games Arcade Games yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes
  • Casino Casino yes

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $36.00

We stayed here 1 night as we passed through. We stayed in a pull through at the back side of the park which was adequate in length. The grassy area between sites is nice. The roads inside the park are rock (not gravel) and it's a little rough. The office folks are particular about their rules, but overall a nice experience. Utilities worked well and good OTA tv along with Verizon service. We would stay here again if we are in Dodge City. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Check out the Boot Hill Museum for a look back at the Dodge City of the 1800's. We also enjoyed a meal at Vallarta Mexican grill.

Thank you for your review.

Hope you have very happy trials ahead.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $37.00

This park has very large gravel pull through sites in the rear section. Each site had a large grass area with treesto separate from other units. Utilities were easy to access. There were two ports for sewer connection to allow easy hook-up. Dog walking was along a grass path in the back of the park. Dogs on leash only outside of your unit. Good Verizon service but no Sprint service. No cable but we were able to pick up 17 Channels with antenna. Nice clean laundry room facility. Park is conveniently located to Boot Hill Museum. We would stay at this park again. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

The all inclusive tickets at Boot Hill Museum was a great deal. Dinner turned out to be surprisingly good with generous portions. The night variety show ends at 8 p.m. so be sure to bring your gate code.

As stated previously the owner is very strict about park rules. Not a bad thing but be prepared to follow exactly or you "will get the boot"

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thank you for your lovely review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.
Hope to see you again when you're in the area.
PMC

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $36.00

We fortunately stayed at this park for only one night. The website needs to be updated as it provides false information. There is no cable. Our electrical did not work adequately. We had a dirt area right by the steps of our RV which was a mess when it rained. The appearance of the park was sad with weeds and junk...needs so much care and maintenance. Train sounded like it was right outside the RV. Road noise was continuous. My husband was read the rules and told if we didn't pick up dog messes (which we always do) we would be booted out immediately. Also, if we stayed one minute beyond checkout time we would be charged another day on our credit card. It would have been nice to be welcomed instead of threatened with rules like we were irresponsible children. There are no discounts; we feel our money should be returned due to false advertising and electrical problem. This is not a park we will return to. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

I am very perplexed by this review. If you had such issues, why were they not addressed with me, before going to the Internet to write such things? I can not correct without knowing you had a problem. I have had NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER WITH MY ELECTRIC on any of my sites this season. Each year they are all looked at. If we see any problem it is taken care. If something would arise during the season, it is taken care of immediately!!!!! You also can adjust your RV on your site so that you don't have dirt spot, from all the mats layed out to kill it. As for welcoming you , I welcome every Single person that walks in my door. Beware I tell every single one a few of my rules when you arrive so we are in both in agreement, if you don't agree, just let me know. I will happily void your sale. This also includes telling you that I lost my cable TV last year when the Company I had went Digital. I would have also voided the sale if you didn't like that as well. This is a RV Park not a Campground. This is not party central but a place to get a good nights sleep. Apparently you haven't spent many nights in a RV park that are not destination sites because all of them are built right beside a highway which is built right beside a railroad. As for my web site as of Saturday September 9th 2016 after trying to work with a web designer for months, I have contacted the owner about my website NOT being changed as I have requested. I am in high hopes it will be done this week. Now weeds and junk? Weeds I can't do much but mow them and use round up. Which I do both its a Fact of life. Junk? Where? I have NO JUNK anywhere on my property!!!!! My neighbors yes but not on the property that I own. Just a suggestion to everyone. Read my online brochure. Everything is on there. Includes NO cable TV and all of my rules. Then reviews like this one can be avoided because it all comes down to the fact you didn't care for my rules. In which if people don't agree to them people would come and resort to this kind of review. Just so everyone reading this knows : I don't tell you about being late. It's just written in my book. This Woman just decide to elaborate on it. Thank you for not wanting to return here.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $38.00

I have read reviews on this park and comments about the owner. Well for the owner, she is a bit brisk and blunt so don't expect her to come out in a cheerleader outfit and be all peppy......ain't gonna happen. But she does not have a wart, she's just a brief blunt person. We had trouble maneuvering around the tree branches and negotiating our way into our sight. There arelittle shrubs they call trees and yellow posts marking camp sites . We had to drive back around and try a different angle and then once in the parking space the shrub prevented us from using our slides. I called and asked if we could move to another sight. We were told very abruptly that that one was reserved but she did assign us to another one which worked very well for us. I was not that impressed with the site for what I paid. I think I will see what else is available in the area or move on down the road next time. It is ok for a one night stay but that is about it. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thank You for your review.

Sorry that even after giving you a site that "worked very well " for you, that you still were not pleased. I am rated by the Good Sam rating scale as one of the top 3 RV parks in all of Kansas. I can't please everyone in the poll of public opinion, but I do give you great working hook-ups!!!! Based on the rates given in the Good Sam Book for my amenities and my ratings by them, I'm on the low side of the rate I should be asking. There are so many people who come in that come in my office that tell me what a Great park I have. People will tell me they are here because of my rules. Anyone who has ever worked with the public knows it's very hard to make people happy in this Me, Me, Me world we all now live in. So to many these days I am a witch. To others, they can't think me enough. They just don't go to the internet, they prefer the personal touch. Again Thank you and Happy Trails. Ruth

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $36.00

This is probably the better choice of campgrounds in Dodge City. It does need a little TLC. The picnic tables need a refresh and the choice of larger gravel on the roads is a little hard to walk on. On the plus side, the owner has replaced every other pull-through with a grassy patch that greatly improves what must have been a sardine can feel at one time. As a result the extra sewer ports at each remaining site make it easier to connect your hose regardless of where it is located on your RV. Some sites have trees and in the 100 degree days we were here, the trees on our site were a definite plus. The owner has a no tolerance policy about parking on the grass and dogs running loose. If you can't follow the rules, plan on going elsewhere. I would definitely come back if I return to this area. As others have noted, she dishes out a very generous portion of ice cream. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Some Shade, Mostly Shady

The Boot Hill Museum is an interesting visit. They offer a 13 minute video on the history of Dodge City presented by Buck Taylor who played Newly on the Gunsmoke TV series. Part of the museum is a recreation of Front Street as it appeared in the late 1800s.

Thank you for your review.

It is much appreciated when the word gets out that this park is ran by rules and I won't put up with people who refuse to follow them. Especially when you sign to agree to do it. Only responsible dog owners need to come here.

Work had begun on the picnic tables earlier in the year but got side tracked with more important things as the year got started. Will finish it this fall when the grass quits growing.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $34.00

Good travel stop or base camp. Utilities worked, wifi good, restrooms/shower dated but clean. Security gate. Convenient to Dodge City and Walmart/grocery. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $38.00

This park is located just a few minutes from the main Dodge City attractions. Easy in and out. This is not a fancy park, but the grounds and facilities (bathrooms, showers, and pool) were all quite clean and neat. The Wi-Fi was excellent with consistent connections and fast speeds, which we value greatly. AT&T cell service was full LTE.

We stayed one night in site #6, a pull thru with full hookups. We would gladly stay here again. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

We purchased the all-in-one ticket at Boot Hill Museum which included the museum, a great dinner, a gunfight, and an entertaining variety show. We really enjoyed all of it.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thank you so much for your awesome review.

Hopefully I'll see you again soon.

Happy Trails,

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $27.00

My family and I camped here for two nights while we were in Dodge City, it was a very enjoyable experience for all of us. The campground went along with the "Old West" theme of the rest of the city. My 8 year old son thought this was just fantastic.

The restrooms and showers were very clean, and the pool was nice for cooling of in the summer heat. The tent area doesn't have a electric hook-ups, sometimes it's good to unplug. The park manager lady was very nice, and made sure my family had a good stay. Thank you. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Tent.

tent area

Our entire experience in Dodge City was great, I would recommend this stop to anyone. The Boothill Museum has something for everyone, and they go out of their way for the kids. There is also a free zoo in town, it's small, but worth the stop.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

You just made my day!! Thank you for your wonderful review and your time to write it. It really makes me feel good to know not everyone is against me and what I stand for here. Thanks again, Ruth

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $36.00

We recently stayed at Gunsmoke RV for 2 nights as we wanted to see more of the history of Dodge City. This is a very clean and well run park. Located conveniently on HWY 50. Easy to get in and out of the park. Long gravel pull thrus that were level. Trees for shade, WI FI was good. Short drive to historic Dodge City and the casino where we enjoyed a delicious steak. We will stay here again as we pass thru. We stayed here in a 42 ft fifth wheel. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

This park is gated which is a very nice feature. However, make sure you have a flash light when returning after 9 so you can see the key pad.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thank you for this awesome review!!! So trilled to have been a service to you folks!!

Hope to have you back again real soon!!

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $38.00

Gunsmoke RV Park was easy to find. We have a big rig and were able to navigate the interior road well. It was quiet. There was a nice little store in the office area. New trees were growing well, but were not yet tall enough to shade our RV. Our site had grass for the dog but the end of the row had a great place for dog-walking. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Groceries and fuel were available at a nice Dillons (Kroger) on 14th St. The Walmart across from Dillons was crowded.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thank you for this wonderful review. So glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you back again soon. Happy Trails, Ruth

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $36.00

The park as noted needs some TLC. It has long pull throughs in the back but they are at 90 degree angle to the road, a little angle on them would make them a little easier to get into. The overhanging trees are what brought it down from a 9 to a 7. They need to be trimmed. With a full wall on one side and regular slides on the other it was fun trying to avoid hitting the power pedestal with the wall and keep the overhanging trees off the other side of my coach. It was doable but why have to if some trees were trimmed. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

Scraping Branches

Thank you for your review.

The park was built in 1978 when there was no sides or 45 ft RV's with 35 ' Box Trailers behind them. Why they built it without a slant is anyone's guess. I only know I have some of the biggest RV's you have ever seen parked in here with no mishaps and I have pictures to prove it. Whenever possible I can move you when you ask, since not all sites have trees. The trees are cut twice a year and my son in law will cut some of the small branches when asked between cuttings. With some of my sites being up to 100 feet long, usually RV's can park between the tress and stay off the utilities when parked in the center of the site both ways.

I run this park all by myself with the help of family when they can help. I try my best to run a tip top park, But keeping up with the trees along with everything else can be overwhelming.

Thanks again

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $36.00

Stayed here as a stop over to Wyoming. Hosts were nice. The camp site was quick and easy to get into. We had a group of 5 RVs and they placed all next to each other. Easy to see Dodge City. We would stay again. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Dodge City

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

It was a pleasure to have you here. Hope your trip went well.

Thank you for this wonderful Review.
Ruth and My Mom Helen

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $36.00

Good park to stay at for seeing the sites around Dodge City. Grounds were well maintained. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Do not remember

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $45.00

never stayed at an RV park where the rules are read to you. Break one rule and you're out no refund. OK pool, wifi. Sites are big chunks of rock as are the roads in. Close to downtown. No smiles from the owner even when we tried daily. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Poor Conditions

Thank you for your review.

Getting kicked out only applies to the Dog Rules, but if it is necessary, I would kick you out if I had no other choice on other things, if it came to that point. I read a few of the rules that will get you and me into trouble, if not followed. The rest you are asked to read for yourself, but believe me VERY few ever do. I have always been told what the rules are at all the parks I have stayed in. :)

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $34.00

This is another campground fading because of total lack of enthusiasm from the ownership. This place has been for sale for years.

Web site claims they have cable, they don't.

Web site claims they have Wi-Fi. It didn't work well.

Electric was on an old rusted pedestal.

There was a tree above my site that scratched my roof all night long.

There is a train across the street but the noise when it goes by is loud enough to make you think it jumped its tracks.

The price for what was offered was outrageous.

This place just added to my overall disappointment concerning Dodge City. The whole place is a joke. if you have to be in Dodge for some reason stay here only if you have no other choice. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thank you your review, sorry you were so disappointed here. Knowing who you are, this review comes as a shock to me.

May you find happiness somewhere in this huge world

Are you affiliated with Gunsmoke RV Park?