Gunsmoke RV Park

Hours above shown for Central Time Zone

• Phone Phone yes
  • Casino Casino yes
  • Golf Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Gunsmoke RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $41.00

Low rating is due entirely to the nightly rate. In my opinion it is very high for what you get. For a big rig, 50 amp site it is listed as $42.25, we got a 10% Good Sam discount but then they added on a $3.00 "processing fee" for the reservation. For this amount I am accustomed to getting paved interior roads (these are dirt, not even gravel), concrete RV pads (these are gravel) and a larger array of amenities than this park has. Having said that, other than the pricing, I really like this park. I reviewed this park two summers ago and since then the park has come under new ownership. The new owners have fixed two of my three biggest knocks I had back then. There is now an online reservation system and customer service now superb. The third thing, pricing, is still an issue. Power was excellent, the road we are on is completely full. It is wicked hot and all are running A/C's to the max. I am pulling almost 40 amps and voltage is staying steady at 118. Water is good pressure and two sewer connections, one forward and one rearward, make it convenient to connect. The WiFi is old-school, still using WEP security. Newer devices from Apple don't like it. My WiFiRanger router had no problem. There are trees that are pretty close but they have been severely pruned. Still, I could not extend my awning. However; there was no obstruction to my satellite receiver. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for staying with us. as your pictures show, all our roads are gravel and our sites are gravel and level. Please come again and see what great changes are always happening at Gunsmoke RV Park.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $38.00

Excellent park, close to Front Street. Level pull-thru and back-in sites. Owners were super. Festus' mule is buried here. Would definitely stay again. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Breakfast at the Dodge House is a must.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks so much for staying with us! So happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again sometime! Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

The managers were very friendly. Our site was level with plenty of room for our tow. The buildings appear to be freshly painted and the bathroom cabinetry is painted all different colors. Each door is bright green or yellow, etc. Really a cheerful atmosphere! Really a nicely-maintained park. We were only there for one night but it was really nice and a good value. We would stay again for sure. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

We love Dodge City! So many interesting things to see. The Longbranch Saloon, stars on the walk of fame, a trolley ride around town. Because of the heavy influence of the cattle industry, there are a few butcher shops where you can go to buy fresh steaks right off the hoof! Stop in at a saloon somewhere and talk to the locals. They will tell you stories, such as all about Butter and Egg Road.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for staying with us Linda and we do hope you'll come back and stay with us again! We're happy you enjoyed the visit. Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $38.00

Easy access off US 50 and close proximity to Dodge City. Interior roads/sites are all gravel. There is a pool and nice play area for kids. Quiet even with being so close to the hiway. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Disappointed in Dodge City itself. We didn't find much of interest. Dodge City Brewing was a good stop for lunch. Very good pizza but we didn't try any of the brews.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope you'll visit again if you're ever passing through Dodge City! Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Featured Campgrounds Near Gunsmoke RV Park

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $38.00

The sites are long and roomy. Plenty of room between sites and no problem with the length accommodating a 40' 5th wheel and a long bed dually without hanging over on the road. Wifi was good (not secure), utilities were fine and easy to reach. In fact, each site had 2 sewer hookups to choose from in case you parked forward in the site or toward the back of the site. Our only 2 complaints were the gravel and we think it is a little overpriced. The roads and the sites were gravel with grass in between. The gravel is large stone - ankle twisters. Really didn't like that stone..... We would go back. It's a nice, neat, clean park. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for staying with us! We're glad to hear we'll see you again in the future and we do appreciate the feedback. Happy Trails and Safe Travels! - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

Great place, owners friendly and helpful. Long Pull through s, and lots of space between sites which is a rarity these days. We stayed four nights in a 42 ft fifth the wheel, and will definitely return when we are coming through again. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for visiting us and so happy we'll see you again! We look forward to your next visit! Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $38.00

Nice clean park with friendly helpful owners/ operators located on the edge of town, quiet with an occasional train passing by which did not bother me or wake me up at night (not located next to the tracks but within hearing distance). Has some shade, but not so many trees that your satellite will not work, or at least mine worked fine. Electric strong at 120 V, water steady at 45 pounds, Verizon strong at 5 bars. Spacious spots with picnic tables. They have a variety of space types from small camping to very long pull thru RV spots. Has a small store and gift shop, pool, restrooms, showers, etc which I did not use. Also gate is locked at 8:30 at night, but they give you a pass code so you can get back in if you are out later than that. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

Boot Hill and Museum 500 W. Wyatt Earp Blvd. , Dodge City KS;

Dodge City Trail of Fame 400 W. Wyatt Earp Blvd., Dodge City KS;

Oldest Cowboy in Dodge City 501 W. Spruce St., Dodge City KS;

World's Largest Hairball 403 S. 4th St., Garden City KS;

The Big Well 315 S. Sycamore St., Greensburg KS;

Carry Nation's Whackin' Hatchet 209 W. Fowler Ave., Medicine Lodge, KS;

Midway USA, Winchester Ave., Kinsley, KS

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for staying with us Johnny! So glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again sometime! Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $41.00

A little rustic...but everything was fine. Check-in was smooth. Our site was a pull through. We had enough room with tow dolly. We had birds (doves) who insisted on kooing all night! It was a good place to stay - nothing fancy but pleasant people We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

Newer section

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for staying with us. We hope to see you again sometime. Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $38.00

A very nice couple runs this park. A small store has some rv basics. Lots of information on Dodge City. Wifi did not seem to work for us but Verizon did. The sites in back have little road or train noise. We were guided to our site. The roads are easy to negotiate. The sites are spacious and long. Some trees but satellite worked well. No city "tourist" tax. We would stay here again. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

Visit Boot Hill Museum and the downtown historic area.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry you couldn't connect to Wifi. We were having some issues, but it is fixed. We look forward to your next visit! Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

We only stayed one night on our way back home. The camp sites were very spacious have a lot of room on each side. The site where level and gravel. I had no issue with the power I did lose my Wi-Fi when I went into my RV but outside it work rather well. There was a real nice dog walk in the field in the back if you wanted to let your dogs run free it was all fenced in. The owners very nice They brought me to my site and make sure I was all set up. I also could have left my fifth wheel hook to my truck it was that much Space We would've stayed an extra night or so but we have to get home. And it was right down the street from Dodge city about a mile away. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Very close to Dodge City and restaurants

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll come see us again sometime. We were having some issues with the WiFi but believe we have it fixed now. Thanks for being our guest. Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $32.00

If you've been on the road all day, then you want peace and quiet. This is that park. Absolutely no noise noticed. Very calm, and peaceful. Not a lot of RV traffic this time of year either. Could get busy in the RV season. Well laid out, with a lot of room between sites. Owner and his wife are really nice folks and want you to feel at home and welcome. They purchased the park last July and have spent time and money to get it up to par. Great WiFi and over the air TV. (We used our Satellite). Gravel roads and sites. All maintained very well. We stayed in site 96, (far corner). Dodge City Kansas is rich in cattle and western history. Lots to see and do downtown and in the area. My wife and I have traveled all over the country several times over and strongly recommend this gem if in the area. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

Boot Hill Casino and Resort is approx a mile away. Very lavish and large. I understand RV parking (Boondocking) is available out in one of their parking lots. Fort Dodge is a very nice museum with older period style buildings. Many day trip opportunities.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Wow! Thanks for such a sweet review! We enjoyed having you! We're so glad you stayed with us and hope you'll come back and visit us again sometime! All our best! - Kevin and
Viki

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $25.00

We stayed during their off season. New owners were friendly and very helpful. Our site was gravel but easily accessible and close to showers/washrooms, etc. Excellent stop on our way south in February. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Very close to a large casino. A little early morning traffic noise due to nearby hwy. Would happily stop here again ... especially with such pleasant owners.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $32.00

We stayed only one night. Most of the tourist traps were shut or limited hours for winter. The park was older but very nice. The owners are wonderful people! Sites were nicely spaced. Well located electricity, water, and sewer. The Gunsmoke-oriented theme in buildings and campground was great! I will say, their brochure says that check-out time is 12 noon and there is no late checkout. That did not affect us, though I can understand this rule in busy season. We will stay here again. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks so much for the nice review! We're glad you chose our park for your visit and hope to see you again sometime. - Kevin & Viki

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $32.00

Glad they are open year round, 2 other parks in town look questionable. We received a nice welcome at check-in. No discounts as they have an "off-season" rates. Stayed in back area which have nice longer & wider pull through sites. Our site was FHU with hard-packed gravel. Really enjoyed our stay and will be back. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for staying with us! So glad you enjoyed the park. We look forward to seeing you again in the future! Happy Trails! - Kevin & Viki

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $36.00

The price is for a full hookup with good internet and no taxes or other add-on costs. The sites are gravel but there are 3 sewer hookups at most sites. The whole campground is very well maintained. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

site 66

The Boot Hill Cemetery and Museum was $11 for each adult. Spent 2 hours there. Worth the money.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for staying with us! We hope you'll come back and stay with us sometime! Happy Trails! - Kevin & Viki

Featured Campgrounds Near Gunsmoke RV Park

Are you affiliated with Gunsmoke RV Park ?