Gunsmoke RV Park

Hours above shown for Central Time Zone

• Public Phone Public Phone yes
  • Casino Casino yes
  • Golf Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Gunsmoke RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $40.00

We stayed in a pull through site on the front loop. Not near as scenic here as the back loop. Good news is we were under a huge shade tree when the weather was very hot. Nice facilities. We would return and hope to get a spot in the back loop where the sites are not as close together. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for staying with us! We'r glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to your return. Let us know ahead of time you'd like to be in the back and we'll do our best to make it happen! Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $39.00

This is a mixed bag review. This is NOT a bad place but it wasn't one we enjoyed either. I think the biggest thing was that some of the roads inside had rocks big enough that you could turn an ankle walking on them. This made walking our dog, especially in the dark, an unpleasant event. They were very dusty too. Some minor tree trimming is also in order. However, for a CG of this nature the spacing between the pull through sites was excellent. The office was friendly and very helpful. Access to Dodge City and Fort Dodge was quick and convenient. All that being said, if we came back to that area we would return to this CG. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for staying with us. We bought the park a year ago and are continuing to make improvements to both the roads and trees. We hope your experience will be better the next tiem you visit. Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $38.00

Nice, quiet and clean park with pull thru and back in sites. Our pull thru site was gravel, level and plenty long for our 42' 5th wheel and truck. Sites are separated by a 20-25' grassy area and shade tree. Nice play area, pool and tent area. Plenty room to walk the dog. Free wi-fi and some OTA channels. Our satellite worked great. Small camp store and friendly service. Just a few miles into town and all the area attractions. Security gate closes at 8pm. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for staying with us! We're glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again sometime! Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $38.00

Two areas in the park for camping. One was reserved for an event going on in town. Phone, wifi and tv were all fine. Lots of supplies and friendly owners. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Main attraction is rebuilt old Dodge City. Lots of eating places nearby.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for staying with us! We hope you'll visit us again sometime. Happy trails and safe travel! - Kevin and Viki

Featured Campgrounds Near Gunsmoke RV Park

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $36.00

We stayed one night heading south. Nice park just outside of town. Clean and well kept. Att and Verizon worked well, no cable but several air channels. Staff extremely nice and helpful. Would stay here again. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for staying with us Sam and Hope! We're glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to the next one! Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $38.00

This is a serene little park on the outskirts of Dodge City that nestles its campers into private sites surrounded by a grass-covered earthen berm. It affords a degree of protection from weather, wind and noise from surrounding property. The park has plenty of trees, long level pull-through sites separated by lush green grass and easily navigated gravel roads. Management is extremely friendly and helpful. There is a small general store which also contains camping supplies, food and gifts. All the necessities are there: full hook-ups, laundry, showers and bathrooms. Utilities are conveniently located with double sewers to accommodate connections on either end of a rig. Each site has a picnic table. There is only one dumpster to serve the entire park. Highway and nearby rail line noise can sometimes be an issue. Gunsmoke RV Park is an excellent place from which to enjoy what this city has to offer. We stayed for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Boot Hill Museum is definitely worth your time and money.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for stsying with us! We're glad you enjoyed the park and hope to see you again sometime! Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $40.00

Good location for Dodge City exploring. Friendly, staff. Large, very comfortable sites. Clean and neat. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for staying with us! We're glad you enjoyed your visit and hope you'll come see us again sometime. Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $38.00

This CG exceeded my expectations. Priced higher than other CGs in Dodge City, but actually turned out to be the best option for us. Earlier reviews mentioned current owners had been here about a year. That have worked very hard to revitalize this CG and it shows. It is about two miles away from Boot Hill activities. The Kansas owned casino is just up the road, though. All sites are pull through. Good shade, which other parks in town did not have. Quiet, where other parks here were next to train tracks. We did not hear a night time train. Locked entry gate after 9:00 which I appreciated. What few permanent campers I could see were up front. All transients like me were in the back. We spent two nights and this would be my first choice upon return. Seemed to be the first choice of others as well, as the camp was full both nights. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Doge City has worked hard to provide a worthwhile experience for tourists. State Owned Casino. Fort Dodge. A farmer owned distillery right on the site of the original Boot Hill. Then there is original mock-up/ museum of Doge City, with Long Branch saloon. We attended evening activities of on-site dinner, cowboy shoot-out and variety show in the Long Branch. Take the trolly tour. Plus medallions to commemorate all the old Gunsmoke stars. Lots to see and do here.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again sometime. Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $41.00

Large nearly flat gravel sites with grass. Our fifth wheel and truck fit easily on our site. Lot's of space between trailers. Friendly staff. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for staying with us. We're happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you come back and see us sometime. Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $41.00

Pretty pricey four what you get. Relatively level gravel site. We stayed for 4 days. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

We went to the trolley ride, the guy who reads the taped tour needs a lesson on pausing and using voice inflections. We also visited Boot Hill Museum and did the dinner which was good, the gunfight show which was so,so and the Miss kitty show which was a little better than the gunfight.

Thanks for staying with us! Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $38.00

We stayed for one night while passing through Dodge City. We thought the management was excellent. The grounds was a bit dusty, but our site was good. We enjoyed the facilty. Even got to attend the Dodge City Gunfight and Long Branch Shows. Wewill definitely return to this facility.... We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for staying with us. We're glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to your return someday! Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $41.00

Low rating is due entirely to the nightly rate. In my opinion it is very high for what you get. For a big rig, 50 amp site it is listed as $42.25, we got a 10% Good Sam discount but then they added on a $3.00 "processing fee" for the reservation. For this amount I am accustomed to getting paved interior roads (these are dirt, not even gravel), concrete RV pads (these are gravel) and a larger array of amenities than this park has. Having said that, other than the pricing, I really like this park. I reviewed this park two summers ago and since then the park has come under new ownership. The new owners have fixed two of my three biggest knocks I had back then. There is now an online reservation system and customer service now superb. The third thing, pricing, is still an issue. Power was excellent, the road we are on is completely full. It is wicked hot and all are running A/C's to the max. I am pulling almost 40 amps and voltage is staying steady at 118. Water is good pressure and two sewer connections, one forward and one rearward, make it convenient to connect. The WiFi is old-school, still using WEP security. Newer devices from Apple don't like it. My WiFiRanger router had no problem. There are trees that are pretty close but they have been severely pruned. Still, I could not extend my awning. However; there was no obstruction to my satellite receiver. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for staying with us. as your pictures show, all our roads are gravel and our sites are gravel and level. Please come again and see what great changes are always happening at Gunsmoke RV Park.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $42.00

The park is conveniently located to Dodge City. The swimming pool was nice, but not heated. The playground was older, but had plenty to do. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

We enjoyed the Boot Hill Museum. Make sure to enjoy dinner there. My husband has celiac disease and was able to eat just about everything minus the roll. The gun fight was fun to watch and the museum very interesting. The Long Branch Saloon was laugh out loud fun.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for staying with us Bob and Denise. WE're glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again sometime. Happy trails and safe travels. - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $38.00

Excellent park, close to Front Street. Level pull-thru and back-in sites. Owners were super. Festus' mule is buried here. Would definitely stay again. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Breakfast at the Dodge House is a must.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks so much for staying with us! So happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again sometime! Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

The managers were very friendly. Our site was level with plenty of room for our tow. The buildings appear to be freshly painted and the bathroom cabinetry is painted all different colors. Each door is bright green or yellow, etc. Really a cheerful atmosphere! Really a nicely-maintained park. We were only there for one night but it was really nice and a good value. We would stay again for sure. We camped at Gunsmoke RV Park in a Motorhome.

We love Dodge City! So many interesting things to see. The Longbranch Saloon, stars on the walk of fame, a trolley ride around town. Because of the heavy influence of the cattle industry, there are a few butcher shops where you can go to buy fresh steaks right off the hoof! Stop in at a saloon somewhere and talk to the locals. They will tell you stories, such as all about Butter and Egg Road.

Gunsmoke RV Park, owner at Gunsmoke RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for staying with us Linda and we do hope you'll come back and stay with us again! We're happy you enjoyed the visit. Happy trails and safe travels! - Kevin and Viki

Featured Campgrounds Near Gunsmoke RV Park

Are you affiliated with Gunsmoke RV Park ?