Water Sports RV Park & Campground

Dodge City, Kansas

Recent Rate: $22 4/2015

Longitude: -100.013357492065

JRCII

The best thing about this park is the wifi. The second best thing I can say is the staff is friendly. Other than that it is the worst rv park I have ever stayed at. I made the reservation on-line based on what the web site said. I did not feel safe here. Cars travel through or should I say speed through the park even though it says private street. People let their dogs and cats run loose and there are dog piles all over. This is an old park with mobile homes that are run down. Nothing has been maintained in years - it needs a of TLC. The pull through sites are extremely short - a 38 foot motorhome barely fits. The sites are also narrow that it is difficult to park a car next to your unit. There is no cable TV. Do not stay here - you have been warned! We camped at Water Sports RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

nana&papashepp

We spent one night in a pull thru space with our 36' 5th wheel and long bed truck connected. Sites had some grass but mostly dirt. The lake is completely dry, most likely due to drought. Employee in the office was very helpful regarding things to see and do. No annoyances at all. We camped at Water Sports RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

KomfortTravelers

Rate reflects Passport America discount. This is not a park you would stay in for more than a few days. There is so much to see in Dodge City that you would want to be here at least 2 nights. You drive through a very seedy area, but the park is nice enough that it really doesn't matter. The owners are very nice. The Wi-Fi was excellent, also satellite reception perfect. They have some grass/gravel sites, a few trees and lots of room to walk the dog. We would stay again should we be in the area. We camped at Water Sports RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Joe O

There are permanent residents, but never felt unsafe, this is the working section of town, but every one friendly and working for a living. You drive through a Mexican portion of the town to get to the park. Not a big deal for us, it felt like any other town with lots of business and bakeries and restaurants. This park is very close to the Historic section of Dodge City. The lake is dried up, so don't count on seeing a lake. I liked the RV park because of its very close proximity to downtown Dodge City. Our motor home was not towing a car, and when I asked the lady at the office for recommendations to nearby restaurants she offered us the camp ground van for us to drive to the restaurants'. Now, that is a great service. Office staff was very friendly, and would remind us every time I went into the office about the free coffee was available for me. Office lady also told us to feel free to get change at the office for the laundry facilities. Laundry room had an iron to use. Wife said laundry room had three washers and two dryers. I would stay there again, when visiting the Dodge City Historic area. We camped at Water Sports RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Dave Cole

The best thing about this park is it's proximity to downtown Dodge. Just blocks to downtown. The park is reasonably clean and well maintained. The operators are friendly and helpful. You do have to drive through a older lower class part of town with mobile homes to get to the park, but once you arrive the WiFi works great and the rates are reasonable. The on site laundry has plenty of newer washing machines to take care of your laundry needs. The adjoining lake that inspired the park's name has succumbed to the drought that has been affecting the great plains and has completely dried up. Not much the park owners can do about that. So leave your swimsuit and fishing pole at home. Picnic tables are provided at most sites, and although there are several poorer condition long-termers, I was quite comfortable here. This is not a resort park but unless you are a appearance snob this park will meet your needs for a place to stay in Dodge. I would stay again without any qualms. We camped at Water Sports RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

jzimmermanesq

This was my first stop in living in my camper and I was very pleased with the park. It was clean and quite. While the mobile home park adjacent to the park is older it was quiet. It may not be the most scenic place but I would highly recommend it to others. Staff was great and shower/bathrooms were very clean and comfortable. The washer and dryers worked great and inexpensive. The only negative is a burned out camper still sitting in the middle of the park. No watersports anymore also. I stayed 2 weeks. We camped at Water Sports RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

YodaRules

First of all, the bathroom and shower area were some of the cleanest I've used in a LONG time. The staff at the onsite little convenience store was friendly and helpful. Campsite had good WiFi access. Those are the plus factors! Campsite was small - no table included. Cable had been cut off months ago but hadn't been taken off their website (we wanted cable to catch up with some programs). There was a "sewer" smell daily, at different times, but cleared up as time went by. We camped at Water Sports RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

JaNorma

Very disappointed in this camp ground. It is in a very bad neighborhood. The whole camp ground just looks trashy. When I had a problem with the internet, the staff basically threw up their hands and said not our problem, maybe we will get it fixed tomorrow. Be careful how long you say you are going to stay. If you are not happy with things, there are no refunds! A lot of the occupants here are 'living' here. If you are looking for a friendly campground, I suggest you move on. We camped at Water Sports RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Mike and Darcy

This place is pretty run down, however the people are friendly. We laughed so hard my wife nearly peed her pants when we saw " THE LAKE ". They have paddle boats and stuff to rent. There is not a drop of water in the lake, NOT A DROP... We camped at Water Sports RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

allen8106

We stayed here only one night. We came for the Boot Hill museum and the casino. This campground is located next to a lake and the area is designed as a seasonal water sports club that has a number of year round RV's on site that are only occupied during the warmer months. Plus there are a number of year round residents in Mobile Homes. They are in the process of expanding also. Staff was very friendly and gave us no squawk when we told them we wouldn't be leaving until late evening on check out day. Don't go here hoping to get wet in the lake as with many parts of Kansas we are entering our third year of drought and the lake is completely dry as is the Arkansas river that runs next to the lake. Overall it's not a bad area and we would stay here again. We camped at Water Sports RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

tracyl

I think this park is a great find. The staff was exceptionally friendly. The facilities were very clean and well kept. The spaces were nice sized pull throughs with room for slides. Full hook-ups included Wi-Fi & basic cable. The on-site laundry was one of the nicer ones that I've used. They also sold some convenience items in the office, like ice, milk, soda, etc., a nice thought that saved me a trip to the store a couple times. Don't be put off by the negative reviews out there, it's a nice place to stay. Yes, the lake was mostly dried up but that is no fault of the RV park, it's like that all over Kansas. There are mobile homes on the other side of the park but it was no different than any other mobile home park out there and definitely not a reason to feel unsafe. We stayed here for three weeks and we were very happy with our stay. We will return if in the area again. We camped at Water Sports RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Joann26

In 1974, this must have been a primo vacation spot! That's the impression we get from all the old mobile homes - once upon a time. This park had good utilities. The facilities were so nice and clean. The road in is not so great. Sites are pretty small but level. Sadly the lake is a victim of the terrible Kansas drought. The owners tried to pump water in, but the drought won. It's close enough to bike or walk to the attractions. The camp hosts are so friendly and are just glad to meet you. We didn't see the aforementioned negative signs. The trains are close. The laundry room is very clean and had 6 high efficiency washing machines. They appear to be expanding the RV park, so perhaps in time, the mobile homes will be cleaned up or phased out. We did not feel unsafe at all. Everyone we met was friendly and kind. We camped at Water Sports RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Kings usa travels

Some 'lake views' with grass, more with dusty gravel. For $22 this park is great value. Staff pleasant, bathrooms clean. Unfortunately lake is almost empty due to drought. Slight odor from feed lots in the area, but was not a problem for us. Very quiet and close to town. After reading previous reviews we almost didn't check it out. Would stay again. Also has tent sites. Currently works in progress adding extra sites. We camped at Water Sports RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

ksxroads

While the lake is suffering from the severe Kansas drought, and the esthetics of the mobile home park may trouble someone, we gave this campground an excellent rating. The staff are efficient, helpful, courteous and friendly. The sites are level and well kept. The laundry facilities are superb. Don't even bother going else where. The shower facilities are clean and in good condition. The site store has a good selection of basic RV supplies, snacks and basic food items. Our stay was for several months, and we never once felt unsafe or unsure of leaving our RV unattended. They are just an extension of the overall impression we have of Dodge City. It is a very friendly town with citizens who are helpful and courteous. I am not certain of the actual nightly rate as we paid a monthly rate, though I believe this is within the ball park. We camped at Water Sports RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

SimplySurvival

I called for reservation just for the night, she said no problem: if I arrived after *pm there would be a map and my site number listed with my name. When I arrived it was exactly as she had said, found site, close to office and bath area. Pull through site with plenty of room for both vehicles. My only issue with this park is that there were lots of old mobile home trailers and other, not so pleasant looking permanent sites that gave it a rather uncomfortable feel. For just me and my husband it was a concern as we are moving and had several items in the back of the trucks. Though nothing was stolen we didn't sleep well as we were constantly listening for something outside. I am only rating it this low because with this being an RV camp, driving in past a bunch of trailer homes that looked as though they were falling down was very unnerving. Staff was wonderful and reservation was flawless, my Good Sams membership was honored, they just need to clean up the surrounding area better. We camped at Water Sports RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Gunsmoke RV Park

Dodge City, Kansas

Oasis RV Resort

Amarillo, Texas

Circle O Motel and RV Park

Meade, Kansas

Top Tips for this Campground

• There is some RV parking by the train next to the visitor center. Since it is early in the season, we were able to leave our rig there while we stopped there and visited Boot Hill and the Wyatt Earp statue. A trolley is available.

nana&papasheppApril 2015

Are you affiliated with Water Sports RV Park & Campground?