3.5 Poor

2802 Commerce Rd
Goodland, Kansas 67735

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Mid-America Camp Inn" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $30.00

I stopped here in 2009 and then again yesterday by chance. Same sweet lady working here. The place is quiet and safe and directly off the HWY. It's an old campground and not many people were here. When you drive as far as we do you welcome simple places. It's not pretty, but convienent. Spacious lots that offer some shade. Site surface is a concrete pad. We camped at Mid-America Camp Inn in a Motorhome.

She has a thrift store that looks like a hoarders paradise, but who cares, it's her home.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

Exactly what the previous posters have said... IE - HORRIBLE! This place was so bad I took pictures when we left and told my wife I was going to report her to the city electrical department because open wiring was everywhere because electrical boxes were knocked down. It's like the "real" owners left and the "hoarder old lady" showed up and just took over. Suffice to conclude we left promptly the next morning. We camped at Mid-America Camp Inn in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $30.00

Outside of office area wasn't too bad except for a trailer in the first spot that had junk piled up against it about half way up. Went into the office and was shocked because other places want to encourage you to stay, but this one was full of junk piled up everywhere. The counter was so cluttered that it was hard to find a spot to sign my charge slip. There were little flying critters flitting about and the smell was awful.

The lady seemed nice enough but I won't stop here again. I was headed West and would rather stay in a rest stop than here. We camped at Mid-America Camp Inn in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions

None. Try to stay anywhere else.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $20.00

This was an overnighter for us on the way across Kansas. The lady in the office was nice to us, but she qualifies for the hoarder TV show. I agree with everything said in the previous reviews! Will never stay here again. Walmart parking lot is better. We camped at Mid-America Camp Inn in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Mid-America Camp Inn

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $33.00

Person running place is a rude, hoarder. Should have turned around and walked out of the office! Only space on counter was room to sign forms rest was 'stuff'.

Electric 30 amp receptacle was broken. Per woman, her electrician says it is ok.

Road had deep potholes.

Didn't use restrooms because laundry was dirty and covered with more stuff. Was afraid of what bathroom would look like. We camped at Mid-America Camp Inn in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Don't patronize this place!

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $30.00

At first glance it looks like a clean campground but as you get closer you soon see it has been neglected. The office area was full of junk. The Wi-Fi was non-existent. I asked the lady at the office about it and she said that she had no problem getting on but I tried it in the office with my smart phone and it would not connect. The swimming pool didn't look like it had water in for years. Many of the picnic tables were rotting away. At the site we were at there was dog poop everywhere. We stayed here one night in a travel trailer. We normally do not unhook for one night but the site was not long enough for the trailer and the truck. We won't stay here again. We camped at Mid-America Camp Inn in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $33.00

First question I asked was "Did they have wifi?" Answer: "Yes." They do have WiFi, but nobody but the manager can connect to it. She gives you a password that doesn't work, and when you ask to see her p/w she's using for the same connection(she states that she's getting on it just fine...), she refuses and gets "upset" that you ask. Bring ant spray. And your own hotspot equipped smartphone. A washing machine and clothesline would be handy as well.

The office is filthy, and the laundry is even filthier. I'll have to do that load of clothes over again at the next stop.

Best advice: Avoid! We camped at Mid-America Camp Inn in a Motorhome.

North

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $42.00

This is an old park that needs to be cleaned up. Our first impression was to go elsewhere but since we had paid ahead we decided to give it a try. With that being said we would call this park good enough for an over nighter but that's it. Trees need to be trimmed back for larger Class A RVs. Electrical outlet was loose in panel. Unfortunately not much for campgrounds in this area. We camped at Mid-America Camp Inn in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $29.00

Great website, but when we drove through the actual place we decided to pass and move on. The sites are not well maintained or the landscaping manicured, the pool was covered (in June) and there are a bunch of poorly maintained residential mobile homes onsite that didn't look too friendly. No offense intended to those who lived there, but we're traveling with our young kids and in all honesty the vibe we got was not great. We camped at Mid-America Camp Inn in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $29.00

Overpriced. Bathrooms and showers looked like no maintenance has been performed on them for years. No soap in bathroom. We camped at Mid-America Camp Inn in a Truck Camper.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $13.00

Older campground, but very nice for the price. Owners are extremely nice and helpful, doing the best they can to keep up with maintenance. Near the interstate, but still very quiet and peaceful. I stayed here for almost two months and enjoyed every minute. Would recommend this park to anyone and will stay here again if I'm in the area. We camped at Mid-America Camp Inn in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $35.00

This is an older RV park and well past it's prime. Access is very good and sites are large and well spaced. Staff are very friendly. It is near assorted shopping with a Wal-Mart nearby. It is very popular with travellers, construction and farm crews. Nothing to brag about, but adequate. We camped at Mid-America Camp Inn in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $35.00

This was the worst park I have ever stayed in. The owner did not act as if she cared if we were there or not. The park itself in unkempt with large dead tree branches laying around. We had to move them to get into the space we were assigned. The tree branches and trees were in the way for us to get out of the park so we had to move picnic tables to pull through other empty sites to get our rig out. The only reason we stayed here was because of a very late spring snow storm. It was very cold so we needed electricity to run the furnace all night. They did have a couple of 50 amp sites. Lots of weeds and goat heads to walk on. Access is not easy. Park is very run down. We camped at Mid-America Camp Inn in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $29.00

Noise from I-25 and there is a BIG truck stop in front of the park with some rigs running motors all night long. Not a quiet place to stay frankly. This is a very run down campground. The bathroom does not smell and I assumed it was clean. You could hardly tell other than smell as the bathroom and showers are in such serious need of being redone. The manager was very nice and even came out to our rig with a bottle of grey tank treatment. She could not find it at first in the jumble that is the store, but found it after my wife returned to our rig. I get the impression that a lot of migrant workers stay here during harvest time. Probably would be an interesting time here. WiFi is the best thing here but it is perhaps because I'm the only person using it at the moment. I would have stayed at KOA, but their WiFi does not support my iphone or my ipad and I find that frustrating. (If you don't have Apple gear, I'd recommend the KOA here.) We camped at Mid-America Camp Inn in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $29.00

I stayed the night here to escape some high winds on I-70, The park was fine for an overnight. My site was short and only had 30 amp. The cable TV worked, and the WiFi was slow. The park itself is a little rundown and in need of some maintenance. We camped at Mid-America Camp Inn in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Mid-America Camp Inn

Are you affiliated with Mid-America Camp Inn ?