Halstead, Kansas

• Putt Putt Mini-Golf Putt Putt Mini-Golf yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes
  • Pond Pond yes

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $28.00

We stopped one night on our way to Topeka and I agree with the last reviewer. I do not see how this park can get such high reviews. Although the staff is friendly the park really needs some major work. Most of the campers were full time that have way to much on their sites. Some clean up is in order that would help improve the park visibly. The pond needs some water movement, it was totally covered with a green slime. There are two other ponds that are very close to the main pond and campsites that are sewage ponds. They did not smell but they seem a little to close for comfort. Our site was sloped so we had to prop up to middle of the RV but was good side to side. We would probably look for another campground if in the area again. We camped at Spring Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $32.00

We enjoyed the wide open spaces, the quiet, the geese by the small lakes. Place wasn't fancy but very nice and peaceful. People who worked there were real nice. We used our Passport America for a cheap one night stay and slept well in the clean country air. We didn't use any of the facilities but our site was level and not too close to anyone. Would certainly stay here again. We camped at Spring Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $27.00

I think this was our 6th stay at this park in as many years and my second review. This time we were here for 3 weeks. There has been a change in management at the park and even though everyone remains friendly something is off. Our site (#157) was level but was sorely in need of some serious landscaping. It had poor drainage and every time it rained, the site turned into a mud pit. I asked the office for a picnic table and even though the lady on the desk wrote it down and assured me that it wasn't a problem, no picnic table was ever delivered to our site. I would have just borrowed one from a vacant site nearby, but there weren't any. This is really too bad as we've always enjoyed staying here due to the easy access we have to our Wichita relatives from this park. I think next time we'll look at some of the other parks in the area. I don't think we'll be back. We camped at Spring Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

DeAngelo's Pizza in Halstead isn't bad. Nearest real grocery store is Dillon's in Newton, about 12 miles east on US50. There is also a Walmart there. There is a new meat market in Halstead. Mark's Meats, I believe.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $5.00

We booked a two night stay through Coast to Coast mostly due to the good reviews it received. We were very pleased as we pulled in. A wonderful lake with a water feature, a lovely bridge walkway over and around the lake, pristine landscaping, a mini golf course and more. We checked in needing a full hook-up with 50 amp. The woman said she was glad that we were going to use that particular site because the neighbor had been "spreading out too far" and to give him a couple mins to clean up. We moved ahead to unhook the tow and as my wife was unhooking I watch 2 men scramble to move stuff from our site to the back of their trailer. Then the car that was in our site apparently did not work and they were attempting to push it behind the trailer as well. Most of the other sites (all were full with full-time residents) had quite the overflow of junk around their sites. It was very off putting. We went back to the office and had to settle for a site that had no sewer. We get there and although most the sites were vacant, the neighbor had parked their vehicle in our assigned site. We called and told the office we were just taking a vacant site and told them which one. This was around 4pm and check out is 12pm. After we settled in the neighbor had packed up and left (late check out?) This was a very unpleasant experience. So many sites have very cluttered areas and old units. I am a fulltimer and understand but treat your site like a home and not a junk yard! I blame the resort for not following up or enforcing rules and regulations or standards. We had reservations and knew we were coming and we should have had a better experience. I am glad others had a better experience and hope it improves. We left a day early and moved on not to return again! We camped at Spring Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass
Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $15.00

We pulled in the late afternoon. The lady was very friendly and helpful. I had asked to be close to the showers due to having a walking problem. I parked about 50 feet from them. My site was shady and was level on grass. I will definitely stay there again when I'm in the area. We camped at Spring Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

You need to go to Hutchinson to see the museums.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $15.00

Very nice park and wonderful staff...Reservations made thru Coast to Coast got messed up and was not able to book as long as I had wanted. This was a holiday weekend....the staff made calls to some of the locals to find out if the needed all the sites they had booked until they found some one who was willing to let go of one of their extra reservations...therefore allowing me to stay at the discount C2C rate. We camped at Spring Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $29.00

The cost above is probably not accurate. I can't remember what we paid for the nights we were there and the website isn't giving me rate information. This is a beautiful park to stay in when visiting our grandchildren. There is so much to do from hiking the beautiful grounds, shuffleboard, miniature golfing, to just resting by the river. The park is very well maintained, and we look forward to staying every spring and fall. We camped at Spring Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Great pizza place in Hutchinson, and a Walmart just 15 minutes away in Newton.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $30.00

An OK place. They have dinner on Saturday night and breakfast on Sunday morning if you are interested. The sites could be a little more level front to back, but side to side was good. No cable TV but can get some stations off the air. We camped at Spring Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Hutchinson is about 20 miles West and there are several things there to do. Yoder an Amish community, has a really good place to eat and they have a meat market with every thing from chicken to buffalo.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $14.00

Pretty setting surrounding lake. Permanents were well kept up. Quiet park. We stayed one night, en route, but could have easily stayed longer. We camped at Spring Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $10.00

Staff Friendly

Roads good

Activities were nice

Too many Geese made mess around unit.

Needed trimming around unit, waited too long.

WI-FI pretty good, Verizon not real good.

Very Quite park even on the weekends.

Not for sure if we would return. We camped at Spring Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Most shopping within 10 miles.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $10.00

The grounds are very nice, lots of room. But for some reason when we wanted to stay for a month, they put us in the with the workers staying here. So every morning we had diesel trucks starting up all around us at 6 am. Nice big dog run but it's also way in the back 40. The laundry/restroom building is disgusting. Dead bugs everywhere, tattered shower curtains, dirty tables and chairs in the laundry. after the first use, we drove to Newton to use a Laundromat. Staff was pleasant and helpful, wifi was usually good but not consistent. Nice clubhouse and pool area. We camped at Spring Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Strataca Salt Mine Museum in Halstead is very interesting. A short drive to Abilene is the Eisenhower Presidential Museum. Carriage Crossing Restaurant in Yoder has home baked bread and delicious huge cinnamon rolls.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $14.00

This would be the 4th time we've stayed at Spring Lake. We come here to visit relatives so our stays range from weekends to two weeks. Each time we've come the park has been good enough to extend the PPA rate to us for the length of our stay, but to be fair we usually come in the off season. In season they have all kinds of activities. There are a lot of seasonal and permanent residents but everyone's sites are neat and kept picked up. We'll be back. We camped at Spring Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Easy access to Wichita. Although it is a bit of a drive you won't see any traffic until you get into the city. Closest real grocery is in Newton, about 12 miles east on US50. Not a lot in Halstead. Gasoline, convenience store, pizza, a car wash and a few other small businesses.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $14.00

This park is nice, large, and has quite a few seasonal/permanent campers. The only complaint I had is the grass/weeds in our section were 12 to 18 inches high. Our site was level and mostly gravel and weeds. We would stay here again. We camped at Spring Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $10.00

A very nice family campground. Lots of room to walk the dog, although the geese do make a bit of a mess down near the pond. Nice pool, activities and meeting room. We didn't go to the dinners but they were available at reasonable prices. We had a back in site near the front and it was level and extremely spacious. Verizon cell service and internet was good here. Staff was friendly and took time with us even though it was a busy holiday weekend. When we travel north on this path again, we will definitely stay here and stay longer. We camped at Spring Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Ned

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $14.00

This is our second stay here. This time we were in a pull through that was almost level. The site was gravel with grass, picnic table, and charcoal grill. There is both free and paid WiFi. I tried the free WiFi and found it slow, but since there is excellent Verizon 4G coverage, we used our hotspot instead. We camped at Spring Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Spring Lake RV Resort ?