9.3 Excellent

Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm

Hours above shown for Central Time Zone

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Deer Creek Valley RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $42.00

Everything is immaculate at Deer Creek Valley. The concrete pads and patios are beautiful. Grass is well maintained. We especially loved using the spacious dog play area. Would definitely return when in the area. We camped at Deer Creek Valley RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

We loved the Evel Knievel museum. We also visited the Capital building and the military air museum.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

This is a gated park that feels very safe. It's a bit sterile but that's really not a complaint. The dog park is spacious and fenced. There is a great pool and play area. We will definitely stay here again. We camped at Deer Creek Valley RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

This is a fairly new park that was remodeled recently. All facilities are first rate, concrete roads and level sites. Great hook ups, We camped at Deer Creek Valley RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

This is a great park right off the interstate but still quiet. Sites are set up perfectly and long enough for any rig. It's one of the cleanest and nicest parks we've stayed in over the last 25 years. Grass is immaculate and well groomed. We got stuck because of high wind warnings and the staff went out of their way to accommodate us while remaining flexible. Internet connection is strong and bath/laundry is clean. It's not a woodsy campfire sort of place so don't expect that. It's a superb RV park though and a stop we look forward to. If I had to wish for one thing, it would be a stocked store on site, but that's just a wish. We camped at Deer Creek Valley RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Deer Creek Valley RV Park

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

Beautiful park, long sites and spacious areas. Very clean and well maintained. Gated area but if you are going to arrive late they provide the information needed by phone. The workers are friendly and very helpful. We were only here one night but one easily stay longer if needed to be in the area. We camped at Deer Creek Valley RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $19.00

The one word that differentiates this campground above others is professional. Other than a handful of back-ins, all sites are the same: 70 foot long - level - concrete pads with a picnic table. W/E/S outlets are all bunched together in the middle of the pad in heated towers. I saw Class A Motorhomes with a small trailer in the back & a TOAD in the front of sites with room to spare. Very easy to navigate. Gates lock at night for security (they give you a code to get in). Brought propane to our site every day as needed. This may seem like a "parking lot with hook-ups", but they've turned it into a nice park with a dog-park area, a climbing tower for the kids, and nice laundry room. Bathrooms are hands-free and clean. Easy check-in and check-out after staying a month. Didn't like paying 16c/KwH for electric or paying to heat my water outlet when electric is that high. That was the only negative. Finally, if you've never been to Topeka, get ready for WIND. (not faulting the campground for something they can't control, but just be prepared). We camped at Deer Creek Valley RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $41.00

This is a small, but fairly new camp ground in Topeka. It is close to the highway, so there is some road noise. All streets and sites are concrete, and the sites are level with full hookups. Most are drive thru. Lawn was well maintained. Service was very good. I called to ask where I could purchase propane. They told me to put my propane tank at the front of my site, and they would come back, collect it, fill it, and return it. What a tremendous service! We camped at Deer Creek Valley RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $40.00

The park has nice concrete pads with plenty of space. The only negative for us was staying when winds where 20 and gusting to 35. There are no trees or other things in the park to slow down those rock your trailer winds. Other than total open space the park is nice and we'll kept. Probably would not go again but only because of the open space. We camped at Deer Creek Valley RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $40.00

First class facility which is an outstanding value. It has almost everything a great RV Resort should have including gated property, excellent spacing between sites, paved streets, concrete pads, spacious patios, lots of well maintained grass. Every time I am near Topeka I make it a point to stay at Deer Creek Valley. I down rated the park for one reason....there are many more "seasonal" campers in the park than my prior stays. It's not a big deal but the clutter around the seasonal sites detracts from an otherwise pristine RV resort. If the park would enforce their written rules and restrictions that problem would be eliminated. We camped at Deer Creek Valley RV Park in a Motorhome.

You gotta stop at Lonnie's BBQ just outside the park. Limited hours M-F 11am to 1pm plus dinner Friday night. Ribs are available only Thursday and Friday....trust me they are outstanding.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $41.00

Beautiful park with concrete pads, metal picnic tables, concrete streets (with curbs!), playground, cable TV, manicured grass, privacy gate, etc., etc. We noticed several long-term trailers and fifth wheels whose residents maintained their sites to very high standards. All in all, a very impressive park with first-rate amenities and spotless facilities. On the downside, the park wi-fi was very poor (useless, actually) during our visit which we found very disappointing. For those who can get past the wi-fi issue, however, this park is well worth the money. We camped at Deer Creek Valley RV Park in a Motorhome.

Deer Creek Valley RV Park, owner at Deer Creek Valley RV Park responded to this review

Unfortunately, many visitors expect high-speed broadband WiFi in RV Parks. Sharing bandwidth with over 100 other RVer's can result in poor WiFi performance. Sorry you happened to visit at one of those times that the system was being stressed.

Regardless, thanks for visiting the park, and we hope you can visit again soon!

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $17.00

Can't say much more than what the others have said. Rate reflects monthly rate. Wifi was great at our site which happened to be right next to the pole. Neighbors one site away from us and the pole, didn't have a good connection.

Interactions with the guy that works in the office was hit/miss. When asking for information, he was allusive. We were shaking our heads when we left trying to figure out if he was trying to be funny or was having a bad day. When leaving, I went to settle the electric bill; I was told how much more I owed on top of the deposit. I was never given the itemized bill until after I was paid up. They charged me $0.16/kWh, but was told it was going to be $0.15. I didn't have it in writing, and didn't want to have to talk to him again.

I am not a fan of being locked in a night, but found out that the neighborhood isn't all that safe. Also, didn't like the night lights; our windows with the shades down were glowing all night long. We camped at Deer Creek Valley RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Grass

If you have guts, do the Capitol tour to the dome. Hike around Lake Shawnee, ~7-8 miles. If that is too far, at least, check out the gardens. Nice hiking trails @ Dornwood park (close to RV park) and @ Governor's Mansion (NW side of town).

Nicer hiking trails @ Perry State Park, ~20 minutes.

The public library is amazing. Get all the details about Brown v Board of Education historical site (for free). I especially liked the civil rights timeline that runs throughout the exhibit.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $40.00

After almost 6000 miles and 14 campgrounds, our next to last stop was here. What a delight to find this lovely rv resort. Big rig friendly with large sites featuring perfectly manicured grass and nice picnic table. Lovely gated entrance with swimming pool and very nice restrooms and showers. Great walking and all paved pads for rvs and vehicles, sites are so well spaced you aren't close to neighbors. Anyone thinking about owning an rv park should use this as their model. Office staff were all very helpful and friendly. If this park was convenient to me I would stay there quite a bit. Only planned to stay one nite but enjoyed it so much decided to rest there another day. We camped at Deer Creek Valley RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us here at Deer Creek Valley RV Park. Glad you were able to visit, and we hope you can make it this way again.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $41.00

Booked 4 nights on the way home to NC from a trip to the Dakotas. Very nice park. Paved roads and sites, spacious sites with grass between, level sites, good bathrooms, convenient to I-70, full hookups with wi-fi and cable TV. There is a gate at the entrance with a code for night time access. Not sure why, seemed to be an OK neighborhood. Only complaint - not a tree for shade anywhere. Weather was warmer than we expected for mid-Sep. Expected that Topeka would be a more upscale town, but sadly the downtown area was totally dead on a Sat afternoon. Maybe everyone was at a college football game. Certainly recommend staying here, but not for 4 nights - not enough to do. We camped at Deer Creek Valley RV Park in a Motorhome.

Sorry you found the city not to your liking, but unfortunately, we at the Park have very little influence with the city or it's offerings. The gate is for your safety and security, and almost everyone in the park appreciates having that peace of mind, particularly to those visitors from out of state. Regardless, thanks for visiting our park for your RVing needs.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $40.00

What a great stop! Big rig friendly with large sites featuring perfectly manicured grass and picnic table. Gated entry, swimming pool and restaurant. Satellite, wifi and Verizon all fully operational. Easy pull though sites. We camped at Deer Creek Valley RV Park in a Motorhome.

Big rigs are always welcome at Deer Creek Valley RV Park! Stop back by when you're in our "neck of the woods."

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $45.00

We stopped at Deer Creek Valley RV Park for an overnight during travel from West to East. The staff is very friendly and helpful with recommendations and directions. As previous reviewers have stated, the park is clean, well-manicured and nice spacing on roads and between sites. This is a great stop for either an overnight or extended stay. They truly deserve the "top" review grades. We camped at Deer Creek Valley RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Thanks for stopping on your way through! We try to make sure your experience with us is pleasant. Glad you enjoyed our park, and we'll be looking for your return soon!

Featured Campgrounds Near Deer Creek Valley RV Park

Are you affiliated with Deer Creek Valley RV Park ?