My Old Kentucky Home State Park

Bardstown, Kentucky

c+j p 5rvers

Excellent location to explore the area. One hour from Mammoth National Park, 1/2 hour from Lexington and Louisville. Quiet campground with lots of shade (I didn't have satellite then, so I don't know if you could get signal, but I did see people have theirs set up). Got all the local channels on antenna. Right next to the golf course. The golfers didn't disturb you at all. You'd hear the ting of the ball being hit. You could walk the course at night. Great Wi-Fi, phone signals. The site we had did fit our 39 ft 5th wheel and we were able to park the truck on site too. The site was paved with grass next to it. It was wider on one side than the other, but that was good, due to the hookups being on one side. The roads into the park are wide enough. Once inside, its a little tight but we were able to back into our site without a problem. First I thought we saw 2 pull-throughs. The hookups were weird here. The electric was shared (which is fine) but on the wrong side of the trailer, as was the water. It was lucky that we had a long enough hose and electric cable. The sewer was also on the wrong side, but our hose reached. So many of the sites were like these that we saw. A man who had 20 amp site but didn't have an adapter, if he did, he barely had an enough electric cable to reach the pole. This campground is in need of updating. It was nice enough weather that we didn't need to put on our AC much, but when we did (we didn't need both) so it was OK that they only have 30 amp power. The camp host said that they are trying to see if they can expand the campground. Right now, the tent sites are closer to the road (it's not busy really). They might develop that into more RV sites and put the tents where the RVs are now. Or expand across the street where the picnic area is located now. I think if we were to go back to the area, we'd stay here again. But we'd ask for a certain site that has the hookups in a better positions. There isn't much choose around that area. This is the best of them. We camped at My Old Kentucky Home State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

User3374

We stopped by for 2 nights and got snowed in for 2 more. They are listed as being open during the winter. But clubhouse was closed 4 of the 5 days we were there. They did not clear the snow covered road. The park sits on a small hill that is slippery when snow covered. The sites are small and not level. Some sites will take lifting a tire off the ground to level. We could not use Wi-Fi because no one was there to give us a password. We were just wanting a place to hook up to electric while visiting relatives. Better than staying in store parking lot. I can see how this campground could be nice in summer. Has lots of trees and sits on a golf course. I would not plan on staying here unless you have seen the sites. We will stay here again. We camped at My Old Kentucky Home State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

budolemiss

Rate includes AAA discount. Interesting small park near Bourbon Trail Distilleries. Backs up to a beautiful golf course. We were in 34 foot rig. Sites are close and tight. Quiet and very peaceful park. Bath and showers are clean. A little tricky getting into the park with a motor home. Had to unhook at front gate. We camped at My Old Kentucky Home State Park in a Motorhome.

PaleoTex

Very nice park. Sites a bit crowded but we had nice neighbors. Facilities nice and clean. Friendly staff. Close to town w/ places to eat and things to do. Would stay here again. We camped at My Old Kentucky Home State Park in a Motorhome.

hbcamper

We really enjoyed this park. The park is small and the campsites aren't all level, but we lucked out and got a nice level site that was next to a large green area. We felt like we had a private yard, even though the rest of the campground was pretty tight. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at My Old Kentucky Home State Park in a Motorhome.

Karen Hamm

We stayed here for five nights and really enjoyed it. A very peaceful, centrally located camp ground fully equipped. We had to back in which was fine but had full hook up, internet, and some TV stations. We backed right up to the first Tee for the golf course. That would be the only real noise you would hear. Once that closed, it was so peaceful (and even during the day it was too). The guy who checked us in and worked the evenings was VERY helpful. Great location to visit other parts of Kentucky for day trips. The one caution: some of the hook ups are on the opposite side (they share with your neighbor) so bring extra long electrical and water/sewer hoses too in case you get one of those sites. Would definitely camp here again. We camped at My Old Kentucky Home State Park in a Travel Trailer.

CDB

The listing for this campground needs to be updated as they now have WiFi here: encrypted, with a strong signal and good speed. Also there are sewer hookups at five sites. There are plenty of mature trees, so if you need satellite TV you will probably be out of luck. TV broadcast reception in the area is limited to a few stations. We used this park as a base camp for touring the Bourbon Trail, and for that the location was excellent. The park also has an 18 hole golf course, which may be an added attraction for some. Sites are for the most part spaced well, but that could be a problem for some since the power connections, 30 amp max, and water connections are located between each pair of campsites. I had to use my 50’ water hose and my 25’ extension cord to get hooked up. Note that the sewer connections are about where you would expect them, towards a rear corner of the parking pad. This park is best suited to mid-sized RV’s or smaller. My 31’ travel trailer was a snug fit, and there were a few big rigs squeezed in. Parking pads are paved and generously wide, though most are short. Some have been lengthened a bit with gravel. There are three pull-through sites here, though two of them are parking areas parallel to the road. All sites will require some leveling, and I recommend bringing extra blocks or planks for this purpose. The restrooms are outdated though they looked clean and in working order when I checked for this review. The dump station has a curb around the connection so a longer hose might be needed if you will be dumping a tote tank. The guard shack at the entrance seemed to be manned at random. We camped at My Old Kentucky Home State Park in a Travel Trailer.

iowahank

A nice park located at the "bottom" of the bourbon trail. Sites are definitely not big rig friendly. A Jayco 24 ft trailer came in while I was there and used a power mover to get into the site. The surrounding area's attractions makes up for the difficulty in parking the rig. Most of the sites are unlevel either side to side or front to back, some more so than others. Using poi-factory.com data has the park on the wrong side of the street. Fee to dump. Wi-fi is good. IMHO, small A's, B's and C's are good to go. Trailers or 5th wheels, well, good luck in getting a friendly site. We camped at My Old Kentucky Home State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

bgb1066

This is a smaller campground and some of the sites are a little hard to get into. It is right by the state park golf course and near the Heaven Hill Distillery. Getting level on some sites is a challenge. They have a shuttle to the Stephen Foster Musical during the season. There are only a couple of sites that can easily handle a large RV. We camped at My Old Kentucky Home State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

RVingFT

Short spaces, some too short for a 36' fifth wheel. OK for shorter rigs, alto there were a couple long sites. Paved, few level, under large trees. Pretty setting on the back side of the SP on Hwy 62 east of the downtown traffic circle. Bardstown is a really neat Civil War historic town with lots of well preserved homes, a few museums and local restaurants with fresh garden veggies. About 1 hours south of Louisville, KY. We camped at My Old Kentucky Home State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

RMR

This is a nice park with a few quirks. It is tight for maneuvering and backing into many of the sites. Some sites have hookup a good distance from the site, requiring extra hose and power cords. We were initally given one of those sites and moved. Our new site was level but had a three foot drop off in the back. I had to go to Lowe's and buy eight concrete blocks to set our rear jacks on. The bathhouse was old but VERY well maintained. We saw cleaning people here 2-3 times daily. Kuddo's there. There is a beautiful view of the golf course and the campground is convenient to everything in the area. Shuttle service is provide to "The Steven Foster Story" wonderful outdoor musical. I would consider staying here again if our new fifth wheel would fit into any site without accidently removing a tree. We camped at My Old Kentucky Home State Park in a Travel Trailer.

luv2campCanada

This is a small campground in terms of number of sites but the sites are fair sized and there is lots of green space, and a nice playground to run around. You can walk from your camper to the first tee on the golf course in just a few minutes. We camped here mid week and there were only a few sites filled. It was quiet and conveniently located to several distilleries and the Bernheim Forest and Aboretum in Clermont (free to visit - a must for nature fans! We took our bikes!) The kids enjoyed the Stephen Foster Musical. If there was a downside, there was no visible, marked path to walk or bike from the campsite to Federal House in the state park - you had to get in your car and drive the short distance. There was a shuttle bus for the evening musical performance. We would camp here again. We camped at My Old Kentucky Home State Park in a Travel Trailer.

TravelerRog

A pretty park with some sites over looking a golf course. Many nicely shaded sites. Very convenient to Bardstown - it's actually on the edge of town - and many distilleries. Discounted fee of $25.50 included a $7.50 reservation fee! Tight approach to well shaded site 30 brought praise for parking / maneuvering from other campers and my wife. Hook up were so far from site that I didn't bother with water and had to dig-out the extra extra 30 amp cord to reach the electrical box. Hooking up to it would be fun in a heavy rain: one would be standing in a drainage ditch while hooking up. But, it's a pretty, shady, nice state park. We camped at My Old Kentucky Home State Park in a Tent Trailer.

gsnakehill

There is two small loops and many sites are unlevel. There is an 18 hole golf course that surrounds this campground that is part of the park. The club house is a walk away about 2 minutes. You can just walk on over and play. This campground is in Bardstown which has so much to do with many of the distilleries from the Bourbon Trail nearby, civil war sites, historic sites and My Old KY State Home to visit where Stephen Foster stayed when he wrote the song. Campground is small, cute and clean and you can play golf without having to drive out of the campground. We camped at My Old Kentucky Home State Park in a Motorhome.

Chris J

Nice shaded campground. If you have a big camper or RV you might want to choose another campground. There VERY tight turns and sites are a pain to back in! We camped at My Old Kentucky Home State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Stagecoach RV Park

St Augustine, Florida

Eastbank COE

Bainbridge, Georgia

Are you affiliated with My Old Kentucky Home State Park?