Kentucky Lake / I-24 / Paducah KOA

Calvert City, Kentucky

Recent Rate: $37 4/2014

belanga

Staff very friendly and helpful. After check-in, they led us to our site. Another stop over for one night that was easy in and easy out. I would recommend. We camped at Kentucky Lake / I-24 / Paducah KOA in a Motorhome.

darla's dad

Twenty miles to Paducah, but much closer to the dam. Staff were great, friendly, and informative regarding the area. It is an old, old park. I could not have used most of the 40 or so sites "down the hill. Our coach is 32'. The staff makes the place. Utilities were perfect. Our site was level, well graveled and the entry road was narrow, but short. The KOA sign on 62 was easily seen from either direction. Pool sparkled and checkin was smooth. We were even reminded to check our lights when we hooked-up in front of the office. We had a pull-thru, but had to unhook to fit. We were there for the KOA BOGO weekend. Not stop again. We camped at Kentucky Lake / I-24 / Paducah KOA in a Motorhome.

robbo67

We stayed here really in order to see the sights around Paducah. Tight sites but manageable even for big rigs. Ours is 34 feet and I was amazed to see the 40 footers get around this place as well as they did. The community dump was a mess. The restrooms were not clean. The picnic tables in all the sites in our area were unusable unless you don't mind your placing your feet in 10" bug infested grass. No mowing had taken place in quite a while. The staff seem completely overwhelmed with the enormity of the task of keeping up such a large area. They are very friendly and helpful but they really need some help. We camped at Kentucky Lake / I-24 / Paducah KOA in a Motorhome.

carderh

Park grass (weeds) were knee-deep. The sites were narrow as were the roads. Way overpriced for not having sewer at this site. We camped at Kentucky Lake / I-24 / Paducah KOA in a Motorhome.

Bobber

I rated this one lower because it is a KOA and not what I would expect from one of their franchises. First, it was a little difficult to locate. The sign was somewhat hidden and the driveway looked like you were going to someone's private home (one lane). If it weren't for the leaves falling, I might have missed the campers parked back in there. Office/store looked like it was a store room, though clean. I was put in line of a triple pull-through, and it looked like I would have to wait for the other two to move out first in order to get out, but I was able to get out fairly easily the next morning. Grounds look old and the roadways could use some maintenance. For a KOA, I was disappointed and thought the rate was way over priced for what was there in comparison to other KOA's I have stayed at. We camped at Kentucky Lake / I-24 / Paducah KOA in a Motorhome.

Earl Rice

We stopped here for a overnight on our way to the Smoky's. Very friendly staff, they waited for us as we got in late around 9 pm due to traffic coming out of St. Louis. Sites are close together but for a over night it was fine. I would stop here again. We camped at Kentucky Lake / I-24 / Paducah KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Richard Angeli

We're not very fussy when it comes to overnight stops. Our motorhome is very well equipped so if we have 50 Amp electric, water and sewer, we're OK. This campground has all of that and one of the best WI-FI connections we've encountered. We almost missed it, and our GPS dropped us right at the entrance. The sign is not very visible from the road. It's very quiet. There are a lot of sites, and all of the pull through overnight sites are on top of the hill and convenient to the store and to the entrance. However, It is a perfect example of an older campground that is well worth investment in modernization and upgrading. We camped at Kentucky Lake / I-24 / Paducah KOA in a Motorhome.

kcjaybird

Park is in very poor condition. Grass and weeds not kept up at all. The ice storm damage from the past winter is very evident. The night we stayed, the tree trimming company used saws late into the night,and then decided to burn a huge 20-25' pile of tree limbs. Woke up the next morning with my brand new truck and trailer covered in ash and soot. After driving 350 miles to my next stop, I unrolled my awning to discover two burn marks in it. After calling the owners to get reimbursed, they stated that they would have to see my awning in person to reimburse me for it. This was not possible due to my travel plans. Also the 30 amp service kept shutting off all night long with nothing more than a fan running in my camper. I am very dissapointed in KOA for letting this go on in one of their parks. I wouldn't stay here ever again, I would sell my camper before staying there again. We camped at Kentucky Lake / I-24 / Paducah KOA in a Travel Trailer.

nippjas

We stopped in Paducah KOA for overnights twice now. The owner's/office people are very polite. The over nighter sites are all pull thru's and are separate from the rest of the campgrounds. Easy access to and from the site. The site was level, and a pond and shelter area was adjacent to our site. Very pretty. Pool was well kept as well. We will continue to stop here as one of our favorite over nighter spots. I give a very high rating for this KOA, in fact the only reason I did not rate them perfect is because the campgrounds power went out in the middle of the night, and Kentucky in the summer is very humid and hot. Can't start your generator at 3am, so until power was restored we had to bear with the heat. Having said this, I have had much worse electrical issues at other campgrounds, and because I like this campground so much I will not ding them too hard for the power failure. I will definitely return to this campground. We camped at Kentucky Lake / I-24 / Paducah KOA in a Motorhome.

jc2

We stopped for (1) night enroute to Myrtle Beach, SC. Seemed like the CG was getting ready to close for the season as not many campers were there. Poor signage at the entrance causing us to almost miss the turnin. Office staff was friendly, WiFi was the usual, they have it but we never could connect. Not the best example for a KOA campground. Wouldn't recommend for an extended stay We camped at Kentucky Lake / I-24 / Paducah KOA in a Motorhome.

rod

The bath house was marginally clean. The CG is old as the other posts explain. And yes there are only about 7 or 8 sites with motor home pull thru access. About 6 more sites are up on top of the hill and available for 5th wheel or larger travel trailers. The remainder of the sites are for pop ups and tenter's, as they are down in a large wooded ravine. I called ahead and made reservations which were confused as to the night of our arrival. WiFi was available free but didn't work much of the time. When I pointed out that it was down the staff told me I needed to give it a break anyway. Excuse me but what does that mean? I might stay again if looking for a quick overnight. This is not a destination campground. We camped at Kentucky Lake / I-24 / Paducah KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Monkei

They say they have 75 sites, I never saw them, 70 of them must be tent sites somewhere. The park needs an overhaul, it was nice and quiet though, probably because there are not a lot of people there. The staff was nice, but they were not always there and the store was shut during the middle of the day and then they did not come back when they said it would be open, and there is NOTHING in the store anyway. I would stay here again in an overnight situation but other than that I don't think it warrants a return. We camped at Kentucky Lake / I-24 / Paducah KOA in a Motorhome.

brobertson1999

This is a very basic campground that has not been kept up to date. There are only 7 sites that would be suitable for a class A motor home. A lot of sites do not have full hook ups. Quite a few are only water and electric. Due to the heavy trees and shrubs, using a satellite dish is very difficult. The people are very nice but very disorganized with reservations and what sites are open. It was felt that the campground fees were too high for the avaiable sites and facilities. The campgroup fees are typical of KOA campgrounds that have a lot more to offer. The swimming pool also needed some maintenance, tiles around the pool were loose which could be a safety hazard and algea starting to grow at the bottom of the pool. I would not stay here again, unless other more modern campgrounds in the area were filled. Would recommend making reservations in advance to avoid this campground. We camped at Kentucky Lake / I-24 / Paducah KOA in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

Visited park in 40' motorhome. Almost missed park as sign is partially blocked by trees. This is a case of an older park that needs updating. The staff was very friendly & helpful--he cut some tree branches so I could put slide out. Sites were very narrow & cluttered with unneeded shrubbery. My utility hoses were right next to my neighbors table. The mature trees could be trimmed just a little higher. Sites were dirt/gravel mix, but level. Pull-through sites were not long enough to keep tow vehicle hooked up. They only had 9 sites that could be used by large motorhomes and all were full. Most of their sites are down on a low area that is wooded and unaccessible to larger motorhomes--only one camper in this area. The pool was modern & very nice. We camped at Kentucky Lake / I-24 / Paducah KOA in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Kentucky Lake / I-24 / Paducah KOA?