Dry Ridge, Kentucky

• Meeting Rooms Meeting Rooms no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • Lake Lake yes

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $40.00

Park good for overnight stay. Lots are very short and not level. Bathhouse needs complete gut. Staff friendly enough. When pulling out, very steep road. Price of $40.00 is way too high. When asked nightly rate over phone was told $40.00, then asked if they accepted Good Sam's or other discounts, they said well we charge $50.00. Also most lots are taken with permanent residence. Good note: close to the Ark Encounter. We camped at I-75 Camper Village in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $40.00

OK place to stay overnight as is very convenient to I75. Site was gravel but not near level. They provided fire wood and owners were very friendly. Even stopped by on morning we were leaving and invited us back. $40 a bit steep considering no pool and not level site. We have Class-C so no problem with roads. Getting level was a challenge. We camped at I-75 Camper Village in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $40.00

We stayed in site 1 on the right as you go in. Site was long enough for our truck and 5th wheel without unhooking the truck. Site was gravel and level, there was a slope at the front end, but it didn't affect the camper. We were checked in by the owners and they were courteous and helpful. Our camper was having a wiring issue with the brakes and the owner sent her maintenance man to take a look. Super nice. There was traffic noise, but not overwhelming. We camped at I-75 Camper Village in a Fifth Wheel.

We visited the Arc and would highly recommend it.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $40.00

Very disappointed in the park. The people were nice but the new owners have not improved the park at all. It is not big rig friendly and the sites are not level at all. One couple in our group was denied their site which they had paid for over a month in advance. They had to take a site with 30 instead of 50 amp. The park also increased their rate significantly because of the Ark attraction. 26 to 40 @ night. So not worth it. We camped at I-75 Camper Village in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Road to get to park is narrow and rough.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

Agreed. Not worth $40. Greed runs this place. Female owner appeared drunk when we arrived at 4pm on a Monday. Got in the way of parking our unit. Claims they plan to update grounds. Would never recommend this place. Certainly Nothing over 30 feet recommended. None of the pull thru's are even close to level. The exit is STEEP. We had to have another truck help pull us out. Grounded and Bent our right bumper. Should have been given a refund. Young red headed man was the only kindness and help we received. We camped at I-75 Camper Village in a Fifth Wheel.

Bottom
Other
Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

The Ark Encouter

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $40.00

They charge $40 and claim they accept Escapees club. When asking for the discount, they said they normally charge $50 but will give it to me for $40. Had to share power pedestal with next camper. They had plugged into the 30A, so I had to use the 50A. The place is poorly maintained, loose dogs were nipping at my heels as I tried to set up and the site was way too small for my trailer causing a difficult time pulling in and worse pulling out. Way overcharging for what is provided. We camped at I-75 Camper Village in a Travel Trailer.

Unmarked
Not big enough for my travel trailer

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

The park is old and run down. They advertise a rate of $20 but when you get there it's $50 and will discount to $40. We had to stay in one of the cabin's driveway because they had overbooked. People were nice enough but this was the highest rate we paid on our trip. Don't bother calling...they don't answer the phone or return your call. The only good thing is they are about 7 miles from the Ark. Bet there are nicer parks just as close. Find another place. We camped at I-75 Camper Village in a Motorhome.

No number

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $20.00

This park is good for an over night stop along the Interstate. There are 5 pull through sites up near the office that are level with crushed stone. Utilities were adequate with 20, 30 and 50 amp service. These are full hookup sites. Ours, however, had a sewer problem so it couldn't be used. The manager said they will be making repairs. I was on site 5 so if that's a problem you might want to avoid it. I was informed when I called them about the situation. It was the only vacancy they had at the time. The price was right so I took it. There are camper sites on a lower level. These look like extended stay sites. I am not certain how many sites are available on a daily basis so call ahead.

We used the laundry. The machines were clean and in good operating condition. The premises were clean. A wash or a dry was $1.25.

The park has new owners. It is apparent they are making improvements. They seem to be very competent and attentive to your needs. I would stay again. We camped at I-75 Camper Village in a Travel Trailer.

We visited the Ark Encouter while there. It's a pretty big awesome boat.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $25.00

The park is under new ownership and the lady that manages the park is very nice and was very helpful as was the people that worked with her. The park was full when I called for a site but she was able to work me in. I had full hook ups and everything worked fine. I would stay at this campground again if in the area. We camped at I-75 Camper Village in a Motorhome.

managers site
Other

The Ark just opened July 7, 2016 for business, which is just south about 5 miles. There is places to eat near this campground.

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $35.00

I had found prices of $20.00 to $25.00 while searching on line yet when I got there it was $35.00 and $31.50 if you pay cash. After pulling in late I just paid the $31.50. I didn't expect it to be quiet because it can't get any closer to I-75 but the price killed me. Don't even bother typing in the number code for the WiFi it's the worst WiFi I have ever had in and RV park.

Mud and pipes laying around close to our awning side from some old work that had been done. Part of the lawn was mowed but the dog run area wasn't. We camped at I-75 Camper Village in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $17.00

Nice park for an over-nighter. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a slide that broke a half moon pin in the drive and they helped get the slide in, gave us wood and a saw to make a brace to keep slide from coming out. They also called an RV dealer close by and made arrangements for us to come in and get repairs done. Our rig is 40' long. Site was pull-through and it was level. Nice place. We camped at I-75 Camper Village in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $32.00

The park is very quaint. It is somewhat run down. Owners are very nice people. The sites are not really long enough for big rigs. The sites are not level at all. Power is good and so is the water. It is a good stop for overnight. We camped at I-75 Camper Village in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $30.00

Stopped here on our way South. It is close to the highway so a bit noisy. Check in was by cell phone and putting our money and name on an envelope into a mail slot. Washrooms were locked and not available. WI-FI required a password which was not supplied. Site was gravel and level. OK for a night stop during the off season but no reason to stay longer. We camped at I-75 Camper Village in a Truck Camper.

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $20.00

The staff was friendly and easy going. I wasn't sure how long I would be staying so they worked out a special deal for me. $150 a week, but no more than their monthly rate. This was pretty nice of them because most RV parks won't work with you along these lines. The site I was at, was not level. The hookups were easy and close. It was kind of hard to get in to. Looks like several people live in their RVs here. Overall, I would stay again, but really Internet and cable TV are a must for me. However the price was right and it had good access to I-75. We camped at I-75 Camper Village in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2010 - $25.00

We stayed here as an overnight stop only. At this time of year it is not easy to find a place open, so it was a welcome to have a place open. The washrooms and showers were excellent. The people we spoke to on the phone, and the next morning were more than helpful. We have a 38 foot motorhome and the pull through sites were a bit of a challenge to get into but we did it, just slowly. The weather was no help so unfortunately the site was pretty muddy but that can't be helped. The road into the campground is a bit deceiving as it is a skinny road and you wouldn't want to meet anyone on it, but it worked for a quick overnighter. We camped at I-75 Camper Village in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with I-75 Camper Village ?